Ubers CCAT 3 - Skies are Clear

What Pokemon should we base our team around?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Don't drop Deo S for anything that isn't another suicide hazards lead.
I don't want to drop Deoxys-S, but as being weatherless is already a restriction, we can't afford to waste a slot. Outside of hazards, Deoxys-S doesn't contribute all that much, and we have a lot of roles we still need to cover. Dragons still steamroll this team, and we don't have a phazer. I really do think we'll need Ferrothorn, unless we go for Arceus-Steel over Arceus-Ghost.

Well, I think it's ok, but you probably want to add SR on there somewhere. You know, because it's SR.
Yeah, I need to fit Stealth Rock somewhere. It belongs on basically every team, and this team (weatherless offense) especially needs it.

48 Hours left for submissions! Let's keep activity up, people! If you have something to submit or a suggestion to make, do it now. If you fail to do so, don't complain because something wasn't the way you wanted it. Just don't.

Great work everyone! We're coming down the home stretch!

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Guys, do you think there's any room for Ferrothorn on this team? Or does it lose too much momentum? Because it does help us with stuff like Zekrom and Palkia that we'll have trouble with. Anyways, I edited my submission with Deoxys-S > Skarmory, seeing as that probably won't work.

Guys, do you think there's any room for Ferrothorn on this team? Or does it lose too much momentum? Because it does help us with stuff like Zekrom and Palkia that we'll have trouble with. Anyways, I edited my submission with Deoxys-S > Skarmory, seeing as that probably won't work.
It would be possible to run ferro without losing momentum, you could run gyro ball+power whip with leech seed protect is what i was thinking if we are to run ferro.

UNLESS anyone says otherwise

If we were to use ferrothorn, though, what would we remove? I mean maybe we could use spikes+ dual stabs + SR and replace deoxys but that doesn't seem like the best idea since ferrothorn can't get the hazards up as fast as deoxys can. Maybe there is some good way to include it but what team member can ferrothorn fully replace?

we would replace dialga obviously being the steel type we need "ferro" would obviously replace him, why would we replace deo-S?

blitzlefan

shake it off!
At first, I considered replacing Deoxys-S, because their roles overlap a lot. However, Ferrothorn isn't as good as getting the hazards up, and we really need to replace Dialga (*cries over my submissions*) with either Arceus-Ghost or Arceus-Steel. So I can't really find the space for Ferrothorn except for over Deoxys-S. If we ran a Sash lead Darkrai or perhaps dual status as a lead, perhaps it could work?

Well, submissions are closed! the submissions made were as follows:

SD Ray; CM Arceus-Ghost>Dialga
DD Ray; CM Ice Beam+Judgement(It's unique, look at the post) Arceus-Steel

Unfortunately, Sweep's and Blitzlefan's submissions were analogous, so the one who posted first gets credit. This is, incidentally, Blitzlefan.

We only have two choices, but don't think that that's an excuse to forgo voting for the submission you think will work better! This is our last step, people; we're going to finish!

P.S. If any of you guys are interested in co-authoring the RMT for this team, PM me.

Well, I'm not sure how my Arceus set is going to fare, so I'm going to go with SD Rayquaza and CM Arceus Ghost, as they seem like two pretty solid choices and can give decent results.

Bryce

Lun
SD Ray; CM Arceus-Ghost>Dialga

I had already said this quite some time ago when 2 slots were still left :<

SD ray and CM ghostceus over dialga

both look like good changes to make. A spinblocker is really helpful and though arceus steel seems like a good option to check scarfed dragons it gets killed by fire blast and blue flare and even rain boosted hydro pumps and since we have no weather control it isn't really the best check for them (though it is a much better answer than ghostceus)

I'd prefer Outrage over Dragon Claw for extra power, but that's just me. Blitzle won and I respect that :).

I like SD Rayquaza quite a bit...fun to set up on stuff like Chansey. CM Ghostceus gives us a much needed spinblocker.

Sd ray because this team is definetly lacking in physical attacking presence.

Cm ghostceus because dialga butts into deo's job of setting hazards.
Also Deo S+ spin blocker =mandatory on a non weather offensive team.

Well, SD Rayquaza and CM ghostceus over Dialga has taken it! Congrats Blitzlefan! And, of course, this means that we have finally finished!

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. It's worth noting that this Ubers CCAT has been the first that managed to succeed.

The Team:

Latios @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- HP Fire
- Psyshock

courtesy of Sweep

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Spikes
- Taunt

courtesy of Anikrahman1995

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Toxic

courtesy of Lousy918

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

courtesy of Jackm

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

courtesy of Blitzlefan

So now, I will reiterate the question that I asked 81 days ago, at the start of this project: can we build a team that does not benefit from being adapted to a weather? Did we succeed? Is our team weatherless enough that changing one of our team members to a weather inducer would not benefit it? Regardless, I'd say it's a pretty decent team, especially considering all of the flak that got thrown around over the course of its creation.

Thank you all for participating! There may be another one of these launched in a little bit, considering our success.

Note:
If anyone wants to co-author the RMT for this team, PM within the next 5 days. If I have no takers, I'm going to go ahead and write it myself.

Shouldn't we playtest first before going into the RMT stage? Currently, there is nothing on the team that can absorb sleep, so Sleep Talk>Toxic on Terrakion will fix this problem. Also, Darkrai should have 4 Def instead of 4 SDef so that it can always survive Genesect's U-turn from full health. Dread Plate>Life Orb should be considered.

You know, for some reason that slipped my mind...I'm not sure whether a full playtest is in order, but if people want to test and suggest tweaks that's entirely fine by me. If you want to make a tweak to the team, you MUST provide replay evidence that the team functions better with the tweak than without.

Also, I changed Darkrai's EV distribution; I had a brainfart when I was writing that set.

Posting to say congratulations to everyone involved in the creation of this team. I was a lurker in these forums, rarely posting, and when I saw this project tbh I didn't think that it would be successful, even though the concept was cool....Needless to say I was VERY wrong! The team is great and is actually pretty easy to use making it a fine choice for everyone who wants to start playing ubers. Good job guys

Yeah, congrats everybody! Good work! I tested this team a little bit on Pokemon Showdown to some success, and I came across a couple of problems. How does this team deal with Deoxys-A? It outspeeds and heavily dents everything, and Deoxys-A's ExtremeSpeed goes before Rayquaza's. Arceus-Ghost still hurts, because Darkrai has a hard time getting in. Maybe it's just me, but how does this team deal with these threats?

I'm just going to say i'm proud of everyone who pitched in and help out, every voice counted and was needed for this! Congratz jack for being the host of this whitch is a big thing to me. I can see a flaw in the team by glaring at it though that would be boosting dragons/choice dragons. I will have to see for myself later. And mon we already discussed this spinblockers are not needed so ghostceus is replaceable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)