Ubers CCAT 3 - Skies are Clear

What Pokemon should we base our team around?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YAYAYAY ITS DONEEEE (Even though I was only here for like the last bit lol)

Anyways, I can play around with this team right? And yeah, Choiced Dragons can just spam Draco Meteors and blow holes through this team, but lets see what it actually does in battles.

Alright people...I'm going solo on the RMT, and in the interest of expedience, Any proposed tweaks must be proposed within the next 48 hours. Also, it's ok if you don't provide video evidence; however, you must provide a concrete, founded, and logical argument as to why your tweak should be implemented.

Also yeah justinhu you can use the team that's the whole point

Regarding the Darkrai set, I'd recommend you try the dual status Darkrai. I've tested it a little bit (only about 10 matches though due to time constraints), and it works rather well for this team. Darkrai's really too frail for boosting with Nasty Plot, and mono-Dark coverage will restrict its chances at a sweep. On the other hand, the combination of Dark Void and Thunder Wave allow Darkrai to cripple two Pokemon, increasing the chances of Latios effectively doing its job.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Thunder Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

I think we should change arceus-ghost's EV spread. Right now it is our bulkiest member so it will have to take on various attacks (mostly draco meteors) more than the others. It can't do this with its current spread as well as it could.

The new spread might look like this:

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 204 SAtk / 128 SDef / 176 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

With these EVs, it outspeeds the lati twins, the most important benchmark it can hit without maxing speed, and lets it always live 2 consecutive draco meteors from a dragon with base 150 special attack and modest or 2 from timid white kyurem. It still isn't exactly a perfect answer but a little bit better than with the other spread.

Jeez, sorry I've been gone for a while. Anyways, If anyone takes issue with implementing any of the proposed tweaks, speak now. If there are no objections within the next 24 hours, the team will be finalized with the tweaks and I'm going to begin the RMT.

List of proposed tweaks:
Sleep Talk>Toxic @ Terrakion
Dread Plate>Life Orb @ Darkrai
204 SAtk / 128 SDef / 176 Spe>existing spread @ Arceus Ghost

Note @ Deidarasenpai: I'm sorry, but the edit you proposed is a fairly radical change to Darkrai's place in the team; tweaks at the end are for optimizing the sets that we voted on, not proposing new sets.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I support Sleep Talk > Toxic on Terrakion as we have Darkrai.

I suggest Leftovers on Darkrai. Why? You're using Substitute. You'd get worn off too quickly with any other item.

I think Ghost Arceus needs max Speed in order to check Extreme Killer as best as it can; otherwise, +2 Shadow Claw is gonna hurt.

I'd also like to purpose Roost > Grass Knot on Latios. What does Grass Knot really give us? Groudon is smacked by Draco Meteor, Kyogre is wrecked by Psyshock, etc.

I'm glad to see that this was finished; superb work jackm.

huh technically that guy is just proposing T-wave > Sub, like sleep talk > toxic.
also one pokemon is missing from the first post

The OP is not yet updated I think.
Also, I really think that darkrai needs the extra coverage in focus blast.
Darkrai using just dark pulse isn't very versatile, and struggles to take down steel types and to an extent dark types.

Substitute protects darkrai from being revenge killed, so Focus Blast > Nasty Plot. Is this a small enough edit?
And I actually prefer life orb on this set.

Sleep Talk > Toxic on Terrakion

I also like the current ghostceus spread too but idk

Well, it's looking like Sleep Talk>Toxic is unanimous. I'll update the OP. As for the rest of the proposed tweaks, let's try to get unanimous on them within the next ~48 hours. I'm going to be offline for a week starting tuesday, so any changes made from that tuesday to next tuesday will have to wait to be implemented. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Keep up the good work, everyone! Let's finish this project off!

Well I'm back. If anyone has anything to say before this is finalized, speak within the next 48 hours. I will implement all unopposed tweaks and any tweaks that have been generally agreed on by that time, so speak now or forever hold your peace.

Tweaks I'd like:
Keep Arceus-Ghost's current 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid
Darkrai: Substitute / Dark Void / Dark Pulse / Focus Blast @ Leftovers
I also like the utility of Grass Knot on Latios as even though Draco Meteor hurts Groudon, it leaves Latios extremely crippled and if Steel-types switch in, Latios is forced out.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
It's been really quiet in the Ubers forum in general, and this thread is on the verge of being locked. However, we're still not completely done with this CCAT; we still need to create an RMT for this project. We've worked our butts off, and we've created a pretty damn good team. We followed through with our weatherless theme, and although we didn't come up with something groundbreaking, we created a fairly original team that works. So let's finish this up, and make this the first Ubers CCAT to succeed. There really hasn't been any activity here, and I've tried to contact jackm, but he hasn't responded. As a result, I'm going to commandeer this thread and make an effort to finish this. I'm going to create the RMT in this thread, and edit this post until it becomes an acceptable RMT. Hopefully, some of the more experienced Ubers players can help me out, and help guide me as I write some of the descriptions (and maybe do some writing themselves).

For those of you who want to know how the whole process works, this is it:
Step 1: We are going to start by picking which Pokemon (and set) we are going to be basing the team around. This does NOT mean the Pokemon has to be the late game sweeper, it means the team will be built around that Pokemon, whatever role it plays. This thread is for nominating Pokemon to be added to a poll (Pokemon that you think can thrive without weather control). After a couple of days (probably around one-two days, until enough pokemon are in the poll (around 10), I will select which Pokemon are going to be in the poll that will be posted after we decide on a list of Pokemon. This means you have to convince me, and others, that your Pokemon is worth being put in the vote.

Please, for the love of God, test before you submit!

Step 2: We select what style of team we want to make. This will likely include something along the lines of Offense, Bulky Offense, Stall, Trick Room, and possibly more.

Step 3: We select Pokemon that work well around our Pokemon and fit the team style and test it.

Step 4: We finalize the team and write up a 5-star RMT!

The Team:

Latios @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- HP Fire
- Psyshock

courtesy of Sweep

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Spikes
- Taunt

courtesy of Anikrahman1995

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Sleep Talk

courtesy of lousy918

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed

courtesy of blitzlefan

Darkrai @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

courtesy of jackm

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

courtesy of blitzlefan
Lastly, I made the Sleep Talk > Toxic edit on Terrakion, but what should I do for the Darkrai set? Personally, I prefer Focus Blast > Nasty Plot, but are there any suggestions?

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Latios is the primary wall-breaker of *TEAM* (choose a name). With four incredibly powerful special attacks that give excellent offensive coverage, with all of which being powered up by an item that is essentially a free Choice Specs that also increases the user's special bulk without that item's debilitating locking effect, it can almost guaranteed the fall of one of the opponent's Pokémon every time it manages to come in safely. By combining this with Latios's natural resilience against entry hazards compared to other prominent wall-breakers such as Mewtwo, Ho-Oh and Rayquaza, as well as its blazingly high 110 base Speed, Latios is a perfect weapon against stall as well as walls in general, and in this way, it serves a crucial role in this team by eliminating key Pokémon on the opponent's team that may stand in the way of *TEAM*'s two primary sweepers, Darkrai and Rayquaza. Draco Meteor and Hidden Power [Fire] give perfect coverage barring Heatran, with the former heavily damaging if not outright KO'ing any Pokémon that does not resist it, while the latter is also a very potent weapon against the incredibly annoying Ferrothorn as well as the very frequent Genesect switch-in, especially in the Sun. Grass Knot serves the incredibly useful role of demolishing all of the Übers metagame's dominant weather summoners, and with the ability to smash special walls such as Chansey and Blissey with Psyshock, almost nothing except for a select few Pokémon, such as Lugia and Jirachi or Arceus-Steel in the rain can stand up to its brutal assaults.

While many may argue that Life Orb Mewtwo would be a better option for this team due to its higher Speed and generally stronger attacks barring Latios's Draco Meteor, it is found that in practice, Latios is a far superior special-based wall-breaker and anti-stall Pokémon than Mewtwo thanks to its immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, lack of reliance on Life Orb (and while it is possible for Mewtwo to not hold Life Orb, the level of threat that it poses in the absence of such an item is quite lacking, as without this item, even its signature move Psystrike is weaker than Soul Dew Latios's Psyshock), significantly higher special bulk, as well as various key resistances that its type combination provides, most notably Water (which allows Latios to withstand the assaults of even the mighty and incredibly common Choice Scarf Kyogre, unlike Mewtwo), all of which vastly increases its longevity compared to Mewtwo, and being able to last long in the face of entry hazards, or simply not losing health with every attack, is vital for a Pokémon whose primary purpose is to break down walls and power through stall-based strategies. Though Latios cannot switch into Kyogre, it is nonetheless this team's primary weapon against it, as after coming into it after another Pokémon has fainted, Latios can very easily either beat Kyogre one-on-one with its powerful Grass Knot, or predict a switch and smash something else on the team with one of its four insanely destructive special attacks.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that we change Darkrai's set to this:

Darkrai @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Evs: 4 Def / 252 Satk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Dark Pulse
-Dark Void
-Focus Blast
-Thunder wave

We could also try SubVoid but I think this one would be better for the reasons I am about to state below.

Everything is standard, except for T-wave. T-wave lets us possibly catch Genesect, etc. on the switch, or we can use this to para CM arceus' if we need to put something else to sleep. I just think it offers more utility than the set we have now b/c of T-wave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)