Uber Warstory: The Chinese bird and walls.

I'm trying my hand at Ubers lately. I had this interesting Uber battle I felt could deserve a warstory. So here it is.

First off, my team overview. In no particular order:

Leftovers are noted whenever I start omitting them. The same goes for my opponent's team. So here it is, the warstory. Enjoy.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
Ummie sent out Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Outfoxd sent out Giratina (lvl 100 Giratina).
Giratina is exerting its pressure!
Outfoxd: Good luck
Ummie: good luck to you too(I think we've said that before)

Yes, Ummie and I had met before earlier on the day so we did have a bit of knowledge about our teams, albeit not a lot and I had a bit of a problem trying to memorize what his team again. I recognized the opening matchup though, which doesn't seem favorable. However, Darkrai can be quite the nuisance to my team, and as such Giratina will do his job by just incapitating him. My Giratina uses Shadow Sneak to dispose of Deoxyses who think they're funny, as well as the tricks you'll see next.

Darkrai used Dark Void.
Giratina fell asleep!
Giratina's Lum Berry cured its Sleep!
Giratina used Thunder Wave.
Darkrai is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
And that is why this works. Darkrai is incapitated for now and won't be a bother anymore (I hope). Judging from last game I predict he'll just Dark Void again, and of all my team members Giratina is most expandable right now. So I leave Giratina in to Roar this thing out, see what I'll be up against next.

---
Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 44% of its health.
Giratina used Roar.
Ummie switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
---
So he Dark Pulses and out comes Scizor. Giratina did take a hefty blow but I'm confident I can survive anything Scizor would like to throw at me. And I got a trick up my sleeve since I really don't want Stealth Rock up...

---
Giratina used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 63% of its health.
Scizor used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 30% of its health.
Scizor lost 10% of its health.
---
HP Fire. Sure it doesn't OHKO but it does the job. Scizor is within KO range, but Giratina is standing on his last legs as well. Can I take a bullet punch?

---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Giratina lost 22% of its health.
Scizor lost 10% of its health.
Giratina used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 17% of its health.
Ummie's Scizor fainted.
---
Yeah, I didn't think he'd KO, even though I'm only left with 4%. Scizor is out of the picture but tell you the truth, he really isn't much of a concern to anyone on my team but Mewtwo, yet I know that Giratina won't do much against him either.
X
---
Outfoxd 6:5 Ummie
---
Ummie switched in Blissey (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Blissey used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 4% of its health.
Outfoxd's Giratina fainted.
---
Blissey comes in and picks off Giratina. Moving along...
X

---
Outfoxd 5:5 Ummie
---
Outfoxd switched in Mewtwo (lvl 100 Mewtwo).
Mewtwo is exerting its pressure!
Mewtwo used Trick.
Mewtwo obtained Leftovers!
Blissey obtained Choice Band!
Blissey used Calm Mind.
Blissey's special attack was raised.
Blissey's special defence was raised.
---
Yes, I send out Mewtwo on Blissey, because mine is physical. Although I lack a SE move, I got Taunt/Trick on my side, which screws Blissey several ways. He Calm Minds and leaves me smiling, so I click Ice Punch to hit whatever is coming in.

---
Ummie switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Mewtwo used Ice Punch.
Wobbuffet lost 15% of its health.
Wobbuffet's leftovers restored its health a little!
Wobbuffet restored 6% of its health.
---
Wobbuffet. Remember what I said about taunt?

---
Mewtwo used Taunt.
Wobbuffet fell for the taunt!
Wobbuffet used Encore.
Wobbuffet can't use Encore after the taunt!
Wobbuffet's leftovers restored its health a little!
Wobbuffet restored 6% of its health.
---
There we go. Obviously Wobbuffet and Mewtwo (thanks to trick) both possess Leftovers so I'll be cutting those for now. Anyway, I have a small lapse of mind here, and forget that CounterCoat is not affected by Taunt.

---
Mewtwo used Ice Punch.
Wobbuffet lost 16% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Counter.
Mewtwo lost 47% of its health.
---
Mewtwo used Ice Punch.
Wobbuffet used Counter.
Mewtwo lost 48% of its health.
---
I just slap him a few times, wanting to keep my last move in secret for now, even though I'm not sure how much it'll help at this point. A Taunt stallwar ensues, which I'll be cutting for your convenience.

---
*Enter 4 turns of Taunting and Tricking here....*
---
Mewtwo used Taunt.
Wobbuffet fell for the taunt!
Wobbuffet used Mirror Coat.
But it failed!
---
Wobbuffet is at 100% now, but Mewtwo is still not really healed or anything. He starts Mirror Coating, expecting Mewtwo to be mixed? I take this shot to Earthquake.

---
Ummie switched in Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Mewtwo used Earthquake.
Darkrai lost 43% of its health.
---
Look what I caught myself, a fresh Darkrai. Unfortunately, Earthquake does not 2-shot the Darkrai, so I gotta get out of there and risk losing a team member to Dark Void. Ah well, c'est la vie.

---
Outfoxd switched in Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Darkrai is paralysed! It can't move!
---
A bit of paralysis hax helps me get in Dialga. Now the thing is that I KNOW that he knows that my Dialga is a pure Special variety, so Blissey will be coming in. This sounds like a perfect double switch time to me.

---
Outfoxd switched in Groudon (lvl 100 Groudon).
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The sun began to shine!
---
I got Groudon in safely. That is good. Blissey will likely flee from any incoming Earthquake, but I got other plans.

---
Ummie switched in Giratina (lvl 100 Giratina).
Groudon used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
---
He gets in Giratina as I place down my rocks. Now Giratina can annoy me quite a bit, so I best start on working whittling it down, even though it might clip Groudon's sweep potentional a bit.

---
Groudon used Toxic.
Giratina was badly poisoned!
Giratina used Will-o-wisp.
Groudon was burned!
Groudon was hurt by its burn!
Giratina is hurt by poison!
---
Not good, and good all at once. With Giratina poisoned, I can work on whittling it down, however this is no easy task at all, being the tank Giratina can be (Unlike my own version).

---
Giratina used Dragon Claw.
Mewtwo lost 25% of its health.
---
Sun, Toxic and Double Lefties are omitted here, just a FYI. Now that I got in Mewtwo, I can threaten an Ice Punch, but I fear it might not be enough to really threaten Giratina. Still...

---
Mewtwo used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Giratina lost 19% of its health.
Giratina used Will-o-wisp.
Mewtwo was burned!
---
I omitted more lines here then ever before. Anyway, Mewtwo is burned as well but he has served his purpose, I highly doubt he has a Rayquaza or anything on his team and Mewtwo isn't exactly healthy anymore anyway. I decide to hit on Giratina a bit more, see what he'll do.

---
Mewtwo used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Giratina lost 21% of its health.
Giratina used Rest.
Giratina fell asleep!
---
Ohoho, he goes to sleep. Now while this does provide me with a free switchin, when he wakes up I'm in deep troubles. Dialga seems best to me now.

---
Giratina is fast asleep!
Giratina used Sleep Talk.
Dialga lost 21% of its health.
---
I get hit by a rather meek Dragon Claw on the switch in, and look over my options. I could try to hit Blissey as hard as I can with Aura Sphere, but what if he stays in? I decide to just go for the dragon nuke with Draco Meteor.

---
Pointed stones dug into Blissey.
Blissey lost 12% of its health.
Dialga used Draco Meteor.
Blissey lost 32% of its health.
Dialga's special attack was harshly lowered.
---
Blissey is starting to feel worn down rather fast. This is good, but now I gotta get something threatening back in there stat.

---
Blissey used Calm Mind.
Blissey's special attack was raised.
Blissey's special defence was raised.
---
I suspect that he had misclicked at this point. No matter, Groudon scares Blissey off anyway, and as it is, Blissey only really threatens Dialga, the other team members can mess with it to no end. Ofcourse Mewtwo might not agree right now. I am uncertain about what is coming and given my burn I do not want to risk a too weak physical attack. So I go with Overheat.

---
Ummie switched in Giratina (lvl 100 Giratina).
Pointed stones dug into Giratina.
Giratina lost 12% of its health.
Groudon used Overheat.
It's not very effective...
Giratina lost 13% of its health.
Groudon's special attack was harshly lowered.
---
Drat, drat and double drat. That didn't work out at all. On the other hand, that might have just opened a hole in his defenses.

---
Outfoxd switched in Silver Phoenix (lvl 100 Ho-oh).
Silver Phoenix is exerting its pressure!
Giratina is fast asleep!
Giratina used Sleep Talk.
Giratina used Rest.
But it failed!
---
Yes, Ho-Oh got in safe. Ho-Oh is the focus of this team, and has been racking up kills lately. Time to see what he can do against this team.

---
Silver Phoenix used Brave Bird.
A critical hit!
Giratina lost 82% of its health.
Silver Phoenix was hit by recoil!
Silver Phoenix lost 34% of its health.
Silver Phoenix lost 10% of its health.
Giratina woke up!
Silver Phoenix lost 23% of its health.
---
Yes, Ho-Oh is a life orbed sweeper with his shiny new HGSS toy Brave Bird. While the crit is appreciated it wouldn't have been neccesary due to the small previous damage on Giratina. The small recoil I can avoid here is however very much appreciated.

---
Silver Phoenix used Sacred Fire.
Giratina lost 11% of its health.
Ummie's Giratina fainted.
---
Outfoxd 5:4 Ummie
---
Giratina is down and out, but Ho-Oh is already low on health. And he has that annoying Wobbuffet...
X
---
Ummie switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Mewtwo lost 22% of its health.
Outfoxd's Mewtwo fainted.
---
Latias, however, is even scarier. It outpaces Ho-Oh and as such can end its sweep at any moment's notice. I toss Mewtwo in front of it to allow something else a free switchin, causing his demise. No matter, time to get Dialga in. Whatever he sends in to counter it, something will die. I'm thinking Blissey.
X

---
Outfoxd 4:4 Ummie
---
Pointed stones dug into Blissey.
Dialga used Aura Sphere.
It's super effective!
Blissey lost 31% of its health.
The sun continues to shine.
---
Yes, as expected. Blissey is on its last legs and will topple over, but then I realize I had just given up my best weapon against Latias, knowing Wobbuffet will come in. Scarf Dialga is beast but this is rather unfortunate timing...

---
Dialga used Aura Sphere.
It's super effective!
Ummie's Blissey fainted.
The sun continues to shine.
---
Outfoxd 4:3 Ummie
---
Pointed stones dug into Wobbuffet.
Wobbuffet lost 12% of its health.
Dialga used Aura Sphere.
Wobbuffet lost 17% of its health.
Dialga lost 52% of its health.
---

---
Dialga used Aura Sphere.
Dialga lost 26% of its health.
Outfoxd's Dialga fainted.
---
Outfoxd 3:3 Ummie
---
Tell you one thing, I really hate Wobbuffet. At least its rather hurt and I can get Ho-Oh in now for a good attack that will likely KO the bastard.
X

---
Latias lost 65% of its health.
---
Drat, and even a triple drat. Regardless, I might be able to maneuver around this. Ho-Oh can only get in one more blow and Latias likely outpaces it, so time to get Ho-Oh out of there.

---
Outfoxd switched in Forretress (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Forretress lost 43% of its health.
---
Forretress is in, but it doesn't really matter. I just want to cushion the blows now.

---
Latias used Wish.
Latias made a wish!
Forretress used Light Screen.
A barrier was formed!
---
Wish Latias, so I was probably right in assuming it doesn't have Surf. A gameplan suddenly forms in my mind to get rid of Lati and Wobby, but it will require Forretress's demise.

---
Latias used Protect.
Latias protected itself!
Forretress used Gyro Ball.
Latias protected itself!
The wish came true!
Latias restored 50% of its health.
---
Yadda yadda protect yadda yadda

---
Pointed stones dug into Wobbuffet.
Wobbuffet lost 12% of its health.
Wobbuffet lost 9% of its health.
---
You can guess what's going to happen right? I'll just skip the next few turns, rest assured, Wobbuffet takes a measly bit of damage and KO's Forry in the meantime.

---
Wobbuffet lost 9% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Counter.
Forretress lost 15% of its health.
Outfoxd's Forretress fainted.
---
Outfoxd 2:3 Ummie
---
There we go. Forretress is down and out but Wobbuffet is certain to be KO'd by Ho-Oh now. I am however planning on taking a little risk. The thing is that if Ho-Oh attacks now, he will die regardless of what happens. Then, Groudon will be left standing on his own against Latias, Wobbuffet and a paralyzed Darkrai. If this works out like I hope, I can get Ho-Oh to sweep these 3 away.
X

---
Silver Phoenix used Roost.
Silver Phoenix restored 50% of its health.
Wobbuffet used Counter.
But it failed!
---
Now THAT is what I like to call according to plan. I'm not there yet as Latias is sure to become a big thorn in Ho-Oh's side if I don't get cracking fast enough, and if I roost again, Wobby will Encore me, I figure that much, meaning I can't get a lot of health back anymore.

---
Wobbuffet lost 45% of its health.
Ummie's Wobbuffet fainted.
---
Outfoxd 2:2 Ummie
---
Alright, Wobbuffet is finally out of the way. Now Latias is obviously going to come in, ready to annoy Ho-Oh. But in the absence of a move to strike Ho-Oh harshly with, can Latias do enough to cause Ho-Oh's demise?
X
---
Silver Phoenix lost 36% of its health.
Silver Phoenix used Brave Bird.
Latias lost 47% of its health.
Ummie's Latias fainted.
Silver Phoenix was hit by recoil!
Silver Phoenix lost 13% of its health.
Silver Phoenix lost 3% of its health.
---
Outfoxd 1:1 Ummie
---
The answer: Yes AND No. As I saw Latias losing all its health I was happy, but Ho-Oh fell in exchange. This leaves my burned Groudon (How the hell do you burn a being living in lava anyway?) against his paralyzed Darkrai. Shows just how much Giratina has done for the team, simply by taking out Darkrai's speed. I do not wish to gamble on Earthquake due to the burn, so I go for sun-boosted Overheat.
XX
---
Ummie switched in Darkrai (lvl 100 Darkrai).
Pointed stones dug into Darkrai.
Darkrai lost 12% of its health.
Groudon used Overheat.
Groudon's attack missed!
Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
Groudon lost 37% of its health.
---
NO! MISSED? That 90 accuracy of Overheat screwed me over more then once, and as a result of it, I prepare to say my GG's to Ummie after this rather intense battle. That is...

---
Groudon used Overheat.
A critical hit!
Darkrai lost 45% of its health.
Ummie's Darkrai fainted.
Outfoxd wins!
Outfoxd: gg
Ummie: gg
---
Outfoxd 1:0 Ummie
---
Hax strikes in my favor, albeit I wonder now if it was required or not. Regardless, the final hax made my heart sink in given the poor condition Groudon was in, and the damage a Darkrai could do. I just thank Arceus that Groudon was burned in hindsight, otherwise he'd just have Dark Voided. Ofcourse, I probably would have earthquaked in that case. Ummie and I say our GG's and we both part ways.
X

Now for the revealing of Ummie's team:

And the MVP of my team is:

Ho-Oh proves to be a big threat thanks to Brave Bird, capable of denting Kyogres, Latiases and other pokes who would otherwise have comfortably walled any Ho-Oh set. While Ho-Oh's role in this particular match may not seem great, he did punch through Giratina and made Latias fall over, as well as Wobbuffet. Blissey also would never dare to come in on it, nevermind Scizor. The only thing really keeping him back this game was Latias, who could always outspeed me and cripple Ho-Oh. As such, I played carefuly around that after the recoil blow I had to concede from Giratina.

As for a comment on my team, I built it solemnly with Ho-Oh in mind. Ho-Oh is a LO sweeper with Brave Bird/Earthquake/Sacred Fire/Roost, and thus I built my team on a few tasks:
1 - Provide sunlight and SRock. For this, Groudon is required. He does both and often finds plenty of positions to switch in.
2 - Keep Stealth Rock off the field. This is why the odd HP Fire on Giratina; I do not wish to give enemy Forrys a chance. I also have my own Forry for spinning Rocks away. Giratina also has Shadow Sneak to make sure any Deoxys wont try to put down his rocks more then once.
3 - Mess with dedicated walls. This is mainly Mewtwo's job, who tends to trick unsuspecting walls into oblivion (Pun intended).
4 - Get plenty of switchin windows. Dialga is amazing at luring attacks on which Ho-Oh can safely come in, all the while punching holes in the enemy team. Ho-Oh covers his weaknesses perfectly, while Ho-Oh himself also gives Dialga certain windows of switchin options. Forretress has Light Screen to make things even more fun for Ho-Oh's massive SpD.

That explains my team. I hope you enjoyed the warstory.

Assuming the standard support Groudon from the analysis:

212 Atk vs 282 Def & 251 HP (140 Base Power): 147 - 174 (52.13% - 61.70%)

So Groudon's Overheat would have OHKOd anyway, making the hax irrelevant.

Decent warstory, IMO. Nice to see Brave Bird Ho-Oh.

I liked this battle, much better than my ladder matches. 8/10 from me, also this proves that Ho-oh kicks ass.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
an ok battle, nice to see ho-oh, but yeah, like KotW said, you definitely should have had percentages 3/5

kinda confused when you icepunched giratina instead of taunting it, since you needed giratina at low hp and they commonly carry rest to heal themselves, so idk. Other than that, it was a pretty decent match.

Like KotW said, format needs some work but nontheless your comments were acceptable. I have to admit though, that novetly sets like CB Mewtwo and Giratina got on my nerves a bit, but that's just me.

Too many crits? The single one that mattered a bit, you mean?
Blue Tornado - Whats wrong with novelty sets? The Mewtwo set is CB with Trick and Taunt, nothing TOO novel there methinks.
I'll see to it that I'll use percentages next warstory.

I'm assuming he (Giratina) used Roar, on the off-chance that Blissey used a non-damaging move.

Anyway, this was a pretty good Warstory; the battle was fairly good, and the comments were mostly good (slightly erratic in quality, but...), though I agree that health percentages would be a good idea.

Ho-Oh is pure physical. The unrevealed move is Earthquake.
And I could make a RMT but as of now I'm still attempting to patch up the EV's a bit.

Very entertaining, well done. You could make an RMT for this team, as everyone else has said, but you already kinda did a mini one at the bottom of this. Anyway, it seems pretty well thought out and put together, so there's probably no need.

Again, well done.

Nice warstory, I had fun reading it! Giving just the Ho-Oh a nickname really made him look like the focus of the team.

What was sub-par about it? Mind enlightening me? I could brush it up a bit perhaps.
Well the biggest let down for me was that you knew one another's teams to an extent. Because of this fact both of you made decisions I don't think you would have made otherwise.

Also, I echo that the percentages should be included.

Those things aside, nice warstory. I liked the presentation and the only thing about it I would have changed would be to add the percents

I always thought of Ho-oh as a pariah among ubers, but this warstory has changed my mind. It actually can seriously wreck a team with good prediction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)