Uber Synergy

Ok so this is the first team that I've made completely from scratch based solely upon team synergy. Each pokemon defends and/or sets up another another and there are very few weaknesses. The worst weakness of it is there are no rapid spinners so you have to make sure you faint the hazard support pokemon before they can set up stealth rock and/or spikes.

At the lead we have 2 options: Blaziken and Darkrai. Darkrai also doubles as a Mixed Sweeper as well. Xerneas is our most effective Special Sweeper, while Kyogre is a less effective but more bulky special sweeper. Arceus is a physical sweeper and a overlooked counter to quite a few mons.

So let's get into it!

The Team:

Blaziken-Mega (M) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: No
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Baton Pass

Mega Blaziken is one of 2 great leads to start out with on this team. With Speed Boost, Protect, and Baton Pass you can easily scout out the opponent's opening thoughts/moves and get a quick setup by Baton Passing to either Xerneas, Kyogre, or Darkrai. It also provides a great counter for the variety of mons that your sweepers are weak to such as a scarfed Genesect and Scizor as well as Whimsicott/Shaymin-S (somewhat).

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Kyogre provides a great bulky offensive position on this team. After one Calm Mind Kyogre can still faint Zekrom (one of its best checks) in 2 turns. Thunder is there to get 100% accuracy with a chance to paralyze other mons for another one of your sweepers just to make sure you'll have the speed advantage. I went with Water Spout instead of Scald because of its superior power in the rain and Kyogres STAB when Scald just wasn't cutting it, and so far it has proven to to succeed more often.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Xerneas is an absolute staple in this team. I'm always surprised at how brutal of a special sweeper it is. If you ever send out Xerneas you absolutely need to use Geomancy. Once you can get that set up you can effectively sweep most of your opponent's team. There are 2 good ways of going about this. One is dry switching from Darkrai after a Dark Void and set up Geomancy while your opponent is switching or still asleep. This can get kind of risky because if they switch you have to do it with the possibility of being attacked and losing about a half of your health, or the sleeping pokemon can wake up in one turn (happens more than you think). The other way is after using Protect and Baton Pass from Blaziken you can get priority in setting up Geomancy. If you pull this off you'll be sitting at 2.5 Speed which outspeeds pretty much everything but priority moves. The 2x Sp. Atk and Fairy Aura makes Moonblast devastating to everything but Poison, Steel, and Fire. Focus Blast gives you protection on unsuspecting steel types that think they counter you (except Mega-Lucario, but Psyshock can take care of it in 2 hits). Psyshock allows you to get past walls like Ho-Oh, Blissey, as well as Poison Arceus (one of Xerneas's good checks). One thing that you need to take into account though, if there is a ditto or Mew, I've noticed that they like to wait to transform into Xerneas after a Geomancy. In order to effectively counter this you need to switch to Blaziken when they transform, and then baton pass to Arceus to take it out.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Arceus-Ground provides a check to pretty much all fire/fighting types such as Blaziken and Infernape as well as all Steel and Poison types that try to counter Xerneas. Iron Head provides coverage against fairies such as Xerneas itself, as well as Rock or Ice types that threaten Lugia, and stone edge provides coverage against walls like Lugia but especially Ho-Oh as its 4x weak. Recover provides great longevity for Arceus considering its very good bulk.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Substitute

With this set Lugia can be one of the most effective walls in the Uber metagame. With the bold nature and 176 EVs you can boost your defense to match your special defense. Roost is a must have to increase the longevity that Lugia can be in the battle for. Dragon Tail is a more effective move than Whirlwind because Lugia will always go second and Dragon Tail adds damage and is super-effective against bulk up Palkia and Dialga, and Giratina-O and all other Dragon types while bringing out another victim that can fall to toxic. I went with Toxic over Ice Beam because it whittles away at their HP much more and you can do so all while behind of the safety of your substitute.

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Darkrai can be a monster if you can set it up without it being KO'd. It can be used as a lead in the case that your opponent has a Deoxys Speed, which will no doubt be used to try and set up stealth rock and spikes. The most effective way Darkrai is used is as a Special Sweeper. With its amazing base speed Dark Void is almost priority every time you try it and so long as it doesn't miss you are golden. You can definitely get off one Nasty Plot if not 2 and sweep at least 2 or 3 pokemon easily. Also you could use it mainly just to put a pokemon to sleep so you can switch to Xerneas and set up Geomancy. As far as what it checks for the team, Darkrai can easily take care of Mega Mewtwo, possibly the biggest threat in the metagame, with a dark pulse after nasty plot. It can also take care of the occasional Mew lead/baton passer. With Focus Blast it can take out any Rock or Steel types (such as Dialga) as well as Ice types like Zekrom. If you can get the Dark Void and 1 or 2 Nasty Plots, Darkrai can be one of the best counters and sweepers on this team.

The Weaknesses:
1) Entry Hazards: As I said before there is no rapid spinner on this team so in order to avoid entry hazards you'll have to rely heavily on Blaziken and Darkrai to try and sweep them before they can set up. Between the two of them there shouldn't be too many leads that can set up both stealth rock and spikes and with Lugia being the only one that is especially weak to stealth rock Roost can easily gain the lost HP back.

2) Transform: Thankfully only Ditto and Mew are the only pokes that can learn transform. My only 2 losses with this team came from a Ditto and a Mew transforming into my Geomancied Xerneas. However, since those losses I have found a pretty good way to stop this from happening. As soon as you see a Ditto or Mew come into play (and if you think the Mew has Transform) switch to Blaziken. The Ditto/Mew will transform into the Blaziken and then you baton pass to Arceus. Blaziken has no moves that are super-effective to Arceus and if you get the Speed Boost from Blaziken you will go first the next turn. That is where you use Earthquake (Stone Edge can be used also but its accuracy is just too shoddy). If the Ditto/Mew that is now Blaziken uses protect you are still faster so just keep using earthquake until it is fainted.

So that's the team! I'm a somewhat decent player. I make stupid mistakes during battles and with this team, on my first time in the uber metagame, I wen 8-2 in my first 10 battles. I honestly believe that in the hands of a skilled player, this could be one of the best teams in the metagame. Let me know what you would do differently and just any general advice would be greatly appreciated.​

Reviver

Banned deucer.
Hi there, I have to say that this team is quite decent. It would be helpful if you provide a importable so that raters can test you team out before giving you a rate.

Edit: Upon deeper inspection, I notice some of your sets are quite odd lol. Sword Dance>Iron Head on Groudceus, change to Scarf Kyogre. Also, Sludge Bomb > Focus Blast on Darkrai.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
You somehow overlooked the Geomancy Xerneas, Mega Gengar, Kyogre, Arceus-Normal, and Ho-Oh weakness. Most importantly, you have absolutely nothing for Geomancy Xerneas; your lugia can't even phaze it lol. Also, as Reviver explained, most of your sets are suboptimal.

I'm sorry, but this team is beyond salvaging, and I cannot save it without making drastic changes to it.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey sparks0480,

This team looks okay; QuickPass Blaziken is pretty cool. However, there are a few things that I would probably change. First of all, I can see GeoXerneas being a bit of a nuisance to this team. Lugia is a good counter, but the set makes him much less of one. Run Whirlwind > Dragon Tail so you can phaze out Xerneas. Also, maybe run 248 HP EVs to get a good entry hazard number. I'd also second the Sludge bomb above for Darkrai. As for Kyogre, you may either want to run a Scarf Set or run Surf/Scald > Water Spout. While it is nice to hit really hard with Water Spout, you are setting up so you probably won't be on full HP and it may be better to simply run Surf or Scald. Also, you're pretty slow, so you might take decent damage anyways.

On a different note, one threat that poses a significant danger to this team is Mega Blaziken. With rocks up and at +2, he is free to 6-0 you. I'd strongly suggest a Mega Blaziken check better than Groundceus, since he can't switch in OR take a Hi Jump Kick. Not sure who though, since as orch said, you can't beat most common ubers threats that I'm not even mentioning since it would be redundant.

As for hazards, defog on Groundceus or Lugia would be okay I guess.

Last edited:
Hi there, I have to say that this team is quite decent. It would be helpful if you provide a importable so that raters can test you team out before giving you a rate.

Edit: Upon deeper inspection, I notice some of your sets are quite odd lol. Sword Dance>Iron Head on Groudceus, change to Scarf Kyogre. Also, Sludge Bomb > Focus Blast on Darkrai.

Have a nice day.
Sorry this was my first post also so I wasn't sure how to format the sets so it could be importable. I had Swords Dance on Groundceus but then I realized I had no moves in any of my sets to counter Faries (in particular GeoXerneas) so if I had Iron head then I would have something to use to try and stop it before it Geomancies. I didn't scarf Kyogre because I"m running a Calm Mind + 3 Attacks set on Kyogre so it can set up and take special hits from ubers like Palkia and other special attackers and return strong with a thunder attack. I debated about putting Sludge Bomb on Darkrai but then I realized it would only hit Grass and Fairy types hard, and yes while I'm lacking in the fairy counters, with the exception of Iron head on Groundceus, focus blast hits Steel and Dark types hard, which is a good way to stop say a Ferrothorn from setting up stealth rock/spikes and Dark types as well.

You somehow overlooked the Geomancy Xerneas, Mega Gengar, Kyogre, Arceus-Normal, and Ho-Oh weakness. Most importantly, you have absolutely nothing for Geomancy Xerneas; your lugia can't even phaze it lol. Also, as Reviver explained, most of your sets are suboptimal.

I'm sorry, but this team is beyond salvaging, and I cannot save it without making drastic changes to it.
I don't understand your logic when you say I don't have counters for Mega Gengar, Kyogre, Arceus-Normal, and Ho-Oh. Darkrai hits Gengar hard with one Dark Pulse and if I can get a Nasty Plot in beforehand as well it doesn't stand a chance after being baton passed to from a 1.5x Spe Blaziken. As far as Kyogre counters go, no I don't have what you would say a "Smogon-Approved Kyogre Counter" but my Kyogre in itself is a counter. Again with a Baton Pass from Speed Boost Blaziken and a Calm Mind setup Kyogre can easily take a Thunder from an opposing one and not take much damage thanks to the 2x Sp. Def boost from Calm Mind, and retaliate with one of its own (taking out more than 3/4 of the opponent's health, I know this because I've done this multiple times as I see Kyogre a lot in Ubers). Arceus-Normal is countered by Lugia who can Toxic stall him to death (if its an Extreme Killer Arceus), with backup coming from Drizzle Calm Mind Kyogre using Surf, due to Normal Arceus lack of defense against special wall breakers. As far as Ho-Oh goes, it is 4x weak against a Stone Edge from Ground Arceus, as well as Earthquake if the Ho-Oh uses Roost. The best counter I have to Xerneas is an Iron Head from Arceus which as of right now is a big weakness on my team, however a baton pass from 1.5x Spe Blaziken and a Geomancy can easily setup a Psyshock to weaken the opposing Arcues. I know this isn't the best strategy to deal with it by far, but that is another reason why I'm coming here: to get advice on how to fix my team.

Also if you could give me specific examples on how most of my sets are suboptimal that'd be great. The only set that I think could be seen as suboptimal is Ground-Arceus, but I've made do with it so far.

Hey sparks0480,

This team looks okay; QuickPass Blaziken is pretty cool. However, there are a few things that I would probably change. First of all, I can see GeoXerneas being a bit of a nuisance to this team. Lugia is a good counter, but the set makes him much less of one. Run Whirlwind > Dragon Tail so you can phaze out Xerneas. Also, maybe run 248 HP EVs to get a good entry hazard number. I'd also second the Sludge bomb above for Darkrai. As for Kyogre, you may either want to run a Scarf Set or run Surf/Scald > Water Spout. While it is nice to hit really hard with Water Spout, you are setting up so you probably won't be on full HP and it may be better to simply run Surf or Scald. Also, you're pretty slow, so you might take decent damage anyways.

On a different note, one threat that poses a significant danger to this team is Mega Blaziken. With rocks up and at +2, he is free to 6-0 you. I'd strongly suggest a Mega Blaziken check better than Groundceus, since he can't switch in OR take a Hi Jump Kick. Not sure who though, since as orch said, you can't beat most common ubers threats that I'm not even mentioning since it would be redundant.

As for hazards, defog on Groundceus or Lugia would be okay I guess.
I get what you are saying but isn't Whirlwind the same priority as Dragon Tail? What advantages would giving Sludge Bomb to Darkrai give over having Focus Blast? And I do agree with a better Mega Blaziken check and I'm thinking Psychic Arceus? No, I don't have an obsession with Arceus, but Psyceus can stop Blaziken's HJK, and return the favor with an Earthquake or maybe a Zen Headbutt. The only thing is I'd lose a Stone Edge which is pretty effective against Ho-Oh, however Psyceus also somewhat check's Ho-Oh's Flying typing, however it is still going to get hit hard by Sacred Fire or Brave Bird...

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey sparks0480, the priority isn't the point. It's more that Dragon Tail doesn't affect Xerneas, and thus fails to do anything. Sludge Bomb hits fairies which is huge this generation, particularly for Xerneas and maybe fairyceus.
I'd not run Psychic Arceus though. Giratinas make good checks though, and will help a bit with Arceus, plus can escape from Gengar, and check Mewtwo. That's pretty good. Plus defog.

On a side note, understand that orch knows his stuff as one of the top ubers players out there. Kyogre 1. cannot counter itself by definition and 2. will be worn down with only lefties recovery. You are also quite optimistic about how well you can pass stuff and set up CM.

Use Low Kick>HJK on Blaze. The damage difference isn't to great and hits almost everything in ubers for good damage since alot of pokes weigh alot and it gets rid of the HJK miss recoil. You also need a check to Kyogre and GeoXern. I would recommend a standard Palkia (since its the best offensive check) for Kyogre and a Scizor/Bronzong for Xerneas with the last 2 being able to support the rest of your team with the right moveset.

Palkia @Lustrous Orb/Leftovers/Assault Vest
Hydro Pump (252 SpA Lustrous Orb Palkia Hydro Pump vs. 108 HP standard GeoXern (58 - 68.5%) guaranteed 2HKO
Fire Blast
Spacial Rend
Thunder/Thunder Wave/Toxic/Dragon Tail
Ability: Pressure
ev's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid

Scizor @Scizorite
Bullet Punch (49 - 58.5%) 98% chance to 2HKO 108 HP /28 Def Xern
Roost
Pursuit/Superpower
Toxic/U-turn/Defog
Ability: Light Metal
ev's: 248 HP / 16 Att / 244 SpD (Can be Tweaked for a more offesive spread) +2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 244 SpD Mega Scizor: (66.8 - 78.7%)
Adamant

Bronzong Leftovers
Gyro Ball (4 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 108 HP / 28 Def Xerneas:(71.4 - 84.2%)
Toxic
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Ability: Levitate
ev's: 252 HP / 4 Att / 252 SpD
Iv's: 0 Spe
Sassy

Irrelevant cal, Palkia is not going to check Geo Xern anytime soon. Also if you are offering Palkia as a potential Kyogre check for this team why is Thunder slashed? More like it will not be checking Kyogre without it. In fact despite Hack's wisdom I would still argue that an offensive EV spread Palkia is not a reliable Kyogre check without AV as it is 2HKOed by Specs and 3HKOed by Scarf thereby giving no reliable switch into a foe Kyogre's attack.
Your opponent switches in Xern into a "Spacial Rend" you predict the switch and 2HKO with Hydro. It happens all the time. You're right about SpecsOgre but even if does 2HKO you get an easy 252 SpA Lustrous Orb Palkia Spacial Rend vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 163-193 (47.6 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO and you should have something faster than base 90 Spe to outspeed and revenge kill but then your opponent can just switch out. Im not a fan of AV Palkia because obviously its weaker and lacks recovery with Lefties but Thunder isnt a necessity imo.

Your team is pretty solidly built overall with a nice mix of both offensive and defensive pressure. There's a few things that trouble me though.
  • Kyogre @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Water Spout
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
It's one thing to be a bulky attacker, it's another to provide consistent offensive pressure. Your Kyogre set is Calm Mind + 3 Attacks, but I truly am bothered by Water Spout. It doesn't matter if you've passed Kyogre a speed boost if it's main STAB option has been weakened due to prior damage. With Surf/ Scald, you get consistent damage yet also the ability to set up. It doesn't help that your Kyogre has no way of health restoration outside of leftovers. Perhaps you could somehow add a cleric like Sylveon or Blissey.
  • Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
    Jolly Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Recover
Iron Head is redundant. With Ground + Rock you gain nearly perfect coverage across the entire tier. Instead, I would replace it with Swords Dance so that you can rip through teams. Also, if you're interested in winning more consistently you could consider Rock Slide over Stone Edge. The increased accuracy is worth it + you get a bonus flinch chance.

• Darkrai @ Focus Sash
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Focus Blast
    - Nasty Plot
This is a very strong special-sweeping set, however it's powerless against powerful Fairy types if Dark Void has already put something to sleep. Instead, I would recommend Sludge Bomb over Focus Blast. You get a more consistent attack, better coverage, and the ability to decimate Fairy types which could otherwise shut you down.

• Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Modest Nature
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Focus Blast
    - Psyshock
Finally we have your special sweeper/cleaner. It's easy to use, sure, but I'd say you provide more than enough offensive pressure, so you don't need to just go for the Geomancy set. Instead, I would recommend a Cleric set that can be more or less offensive depending on how you want to play.

Offensively, you could go with:

Xerneas @ leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Sp. Atk / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast/Close Combat
- Psyshock

Other moves you could consider are Rock Slide, Hidden Power Fire, and Thunder. You could go Mixed with 252 Attack over 252 SpA, and use a Lonely Nature if you're interested in something different.

Defensively you could go with:
  • Xerneas @ leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 12 Spe
    Bold / Modest Nature
    - Aromatherapy
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Moonblast
Rest-talk Cleric Xerneas provides reliable support throughout an entire game, and acts as a wonderful cleric in that it can literally cure itself while sleeping. It's more than enough to overcome status spreaders that are giving your team trouble. The nature can be either Bold for bulk on the physical side, or Modest for some raw firepower.

Again, your team is pretty solid overall, but I'd love to see it get better. :)

Hey sparks0480, the priority isn't the point. It's more that Dragon Tail doesn't affect Xerneas, and thus fails to do anything. Sludge Bomb hits fairies which is huge this generation, particularly for Xerneas and maybe fairyceus.
I'd not run Psychic Arceus though. Giratinas make good checks though, and will help a bit with Arceus, plus can escape from Gengar, and check Mewtwo. That's pretty good. Plus defog.

On a side note, understand that orch knows his stuff as one of the top ubers players out there. Kyogre 1. cannot counter itself by definition and 2. will be worn down with only lefties recovery. You are also quite optimistic about how well you can pass stuff and set up CM.
I wasn't trying to be rude. I have gone up against players with some of those pokes that he said I didn't have counters for and still won fairly easily. That's the only reason why I got defensive. I understand Kyogre can't check itself, but that doesn't mean it isn't able to be used to take itself down if need be. The reason why I'm so optimistic about being able to set up CM in that situation is that with the speed boost from blaziken I can outspeed the opponent and set it up to gain extra bulk. I understand it's not perfect and I am very open to suggestions. But I am the kind of person who won't understand why a certain move is better if I don't get explained why its better. If you just say it's better and I go with it I won't have any context to know when or why to use that move. Again I'm not trying to be rude or defensive, I just need more of an explanation than "This team is beyond salvaging unless I make drastic changes to it."

Your team is pretty solidly built overall with a nice mix of both offensive and defensive pressure. There's a few things that trouble me though.
  • Kyogre @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Water Spout
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
It's one thing to be a bulky attacker, it's another to provide consistent offensive pressure. Your Kyogre set is Calm Mind + 3 Attacks, but I truly am bothered by Water Spout. It doesn't matter if you've passed Kyogre a speed boost if it's main STAB option has been weakened due to prior damage. With Surf/ Scald, you get consistent damage yet also the ability to set up. It doesn't help that your Kyogre has no way of health restoration outside of leftovers. Perhaps you could somehow add a cleric like Sylveon or Blissey.
  • Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
    Jolly Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Recover
Iron Head is redundant. With Ground + Rock you gain nearly perfect coverage across the entire tier. Instead, I would replace it with Swords Dance so that you can rip through teams. Also, if you're interested in winning more consistently you could consider Rock Slide over Stone Edge. The increased accuracy is worth it + you get a bonus flinch chance.

• Darkrai @ Focus Sash
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Focus Blast
    - Nasty Plot
This is a very strong special-sweeping set, however it's powerless against powerful Fairy types if Dark Void has already put something to sleep. Instead, I would recommend Sludge Bomb over Focus Blast. You get a more consistent attack, better coverage, and the ability to decimate Fairy types which could otherwise shut you down.

• Xerneas @ Power Herb
    Modest Nature
    - Geomancy
    - Moonblast
    - Focus Blast
    - Psyshock
Finally we have your special sweeper/cleaner. It's easy to use, sure, but I'd say you provide more than enough offensive pressure, so you don't need to just go for the Geomancy set. Instead, I would recommend a Cleric set that can be more or less offensive depending on how you want to play.

Offensively, you could go with:

Xerneas @ leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Sp. Atk / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast/Close Combat
- Psyshock

Other moves you could consider are Rock Slide, Hidden Power Fire, and Thunder. You could go Mixed with 252 Attack over 252 SpA, and use a Lonely Nature if you're interested in something different.

Defensively you could go with:
  • Xerneas @ leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 12 Spe
    Bold / Modest Nature
    - Aromatherapy
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Moonblast
Rest-talk Cleric Xerneas provides reliable support throughout an entire game, and acts as a wonderful cleric in that it can literally cure itself while sleeping. It's more than enough to overcome status spreaders that are giving your team trouble. The nature can be either Bold for bulk on the physical side, or Modest for some raw firepower.

Again, your team is pretty solid overall, but I'd love to see it get better. :)

Thanks a lot for your input! I originally had Scald on my Kyogre instead of Water Spout and for some reason I let my friend (who is used to OU not Uber) convince me to change it. On Arceus I originally had Iron Head because I was unsure of how Earthquake would affect Xerneas and other fairies. Now that it's been explained to me that an SD Earthquake can threaten most of the tier I will definitely be changing that. Also I like your suggestion to change Stone Edge to Rock Slide because w/ SD it will do more damage than a Stone Edge without SD. As for Darkrai I did like the idea of Focus Blast because it counters more types in the tier, however if I don't have any true Geo Xerneas counters I am open to switching it to Sludge Bomb. Moving on to your Xerneas suggestions. I'm not gonna lie... the main reason why I put Xerneas on this team was because of Geomancy. I am open to other options, specifically one with defog in order to counter the entry hazards, but I also really think the presence of Xerneas in this team is good as well. If I were to go with a Cleric Set I think I'd go with one that is more defensive, however I don't think Xerneas is as well suited to be a defensive pokemon rather than an offensive one.

So to sum up:
1) I like your suggestions with Kyogre, Arceus, and Darkrai
2) I do want Defog
3) I like your ideas on Xerneas, I'm just stumped with what to do with it.

Any suggestions?

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The biggest problem at the moment isn't so much with the team itself, (okay it is p bad) but rather with your current mentality. No, I am not giving you perfect scenarios where you can overcome mons that would otherwise destroy your team. You will not have some +1 speed kyogre magically being able to cm without worry against opposing kyogre, no good opponent will try and go against darkrai 1v1 with a non mega evolved gengar, etc.

Anyways other than that I agree with most of the changes already listed and would like to say that 10 battles against ladder doesn't really show much of a teams actual er solidness or not and I'd suggest playing more to get a better feel for the tier. Anyhow good luck with the team and enjoy ubers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)