Pet Mod Two Step 'Mons V.2 | Slate 7 | Step 1: (Moves and Abilities)

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Steam Chute: G-Luke, anaconja, SparkWolf
Squishy Body: lavarina, anaconja, G-Luke
Neurohammer: G-Luke, SparkWolf, lavarina

Last edited:
Neurohammer had a 3-way tie between DuoM2, G-Luke, and lavarina, which I broke in favor of lavarina!
:ss/metagross:
Pokemon: Metagross
Typing: Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Clear Body | Light Metal
Stats: 80 / 135 / 130 / 95 / 90 / 70 (600 BST)
Movepool Additions: Neurohammer
Movepool Removals: -
Reasoning: Yeah this was the most obvious choice for me. Putting in a pseudo-legendary in the meta might be strong, but this thing still gets checked by stuff like Sharpedo because of its low speed unless it pulls off an Agility. Even so, can't forget about Snoorwill and the two ghosts we have here.
Anaconja wins for Steam Chute and Squishy Body!
:ss/groudon:
Pokemon: Groudon
Typing: Water / Ground
Abilities: Sand Stream
Stats: 90 / 90 / 70 / 110 / 100 / 70 (530 BST)
Movepool Additions: Steam Chute, Scald, Surf, Hydro Pump, Weather Ball
Movepool Removals: Heat Crash, Fire Punch, Overheat, Solar Beam
Reasoning: sand setter that can go offensive itself with rock polish. steam chute is weird and potentially not viable but it can maybe shore up its low defense.

:ss/zygarde:
Pokemon: Zygarde
Typing: Bug / Ground
Abilities: Squishy Body
Stats: 108 / 98 / 121 / 98 / 95 / 80 (600 BST)
Movepool Additions: Leech Life, U-Turn, Bug Buzz, Agility
Movepool Removals: all Dragon moves
Reasoning: coil zyg but the def boost gets nullified so it mostly has to rely on glare.
Slate 7 - Forme Change Slate
1 New Forme Change Mechanic (Ability, Move, or Both): come up with a novel way for a pokemon to change formes. Be sure to specify what happens if the pokemon switches out. If you choose to include both an ability and move, they must both influence the forme change not the other way around. For instance, Stance Change + King's Shield would fit, but Hunger Switch + Aura Wheel would not.

1 STAB Move for a defensive pokemon: pretty straightforward.

1 Move or Ability designed for a Dragon type: also pretty straightforward.

Happy subbing!​

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Ability Name: Conduction
Description: When the user uses a Fire-type move, it changes to a second form. When the user uses an Ice-type move, it changes to a third form. Once it changes to either, it cannot change back for the rest of the battle.
Reasoning: Was really torn between making it permanent and making it possible to change back, let me know if you disagree. I think a permanent form change that you can choose could be really interesting if it's balanced properly, where there could be games where there's benefit to both forms and you have to weigh out which option is better given your opponent's team or your current situation. My idea for changing back would involve you using a Fire move in the Ice form or vice versa so there would be legitimate benefit to being in a weaker base form. You could give the Fire and Ice forms different sets of benefits and it's easier to reach each form that way. For now though, it'll be permanent, and you'll have to plan carefully to decide which form to go if the sub to come from this is balanced well.

subbing the other ones later i just conveniently had an extremely similar idea to this yesterday and thought i'd build upon it

New Form Change Mechanic: Spring Out
Type: Poison
Category: Physical
BP: 60
Acc: 100%
PP: 15 (24)
Effect: User transforms into its other form and then switches out. Remains for the rest of the game.
Description: Based on Metamorphosis Sandaconda where it can be used as a hazard setter and pivot out and switch back into as an offensive pokemon.

STAB Move for a defensive pokemon: Flourish
Type: Grass
Category: Special
BP: 70
PP: 10 (16)
Effect: Heals the user by 50% of the damage delt. Recovers the user's held item if its lost.
Description: Draining move that also recovers the user's held item to nullify Knock Off.

Move designed for a Dragon type: Dragon Roar
Type: Dragon
Category: Special
BP: 85
PP: 10 (16)
Effect: Has a 30% chance to turn the target into a pure Dragon-type. [Sound]
Description: Stronger than Dragon Pulse but weaker than Draco Meteor in exchange for a chance to replace the foe's typing and make this move stronger.

Last edited:
Resubbing annihilation for obvious reasons
Move Name: Annihilation
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 75
Max PP: 10 [Max 16]
Accuracy: 100%
Effect(s): 33% Recoil, +1 Priority
Effect Chance: N/A
Attributes: Protect & Mirror
Reasoning: A translation of Wave Crash from LA to mainline gameplay. Considering this would make it the 3rd most powerful priority attack, I decided to make it a special dragon attack as it scales well power-wise against the 85 and 130 bp attacks of dragon pulse and draco meteor respectively. Felt the name Annihilation was an appropriate name as you rush forth to give your opponent a swift annihilation.

Move Name: Diamond Dust
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 80
Effect(s): Raises the user’s defense by 1 stage upon landing.
Effect Chance: 100%
Reasoning: Diamond Storm side-grade, trading Power for reliability. We have no ice types, so I wanted to make this to encourage an ice mon. I know Ice is a poor defensive type, but I’m sure we could find a way to make this work.

Last edited:

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Ability Name: Backup Plan
Description: When the user is hit by any indirect damage (counting hazards, status, Binding Vow damage, recoil) it changes form. (PERMANENT change)
yeah: it's a fun way to do form changes because indirect damage has a lot of implications (esp on this meta, with binding vow existing) (probably even worse than tentacruel, imo.). Recoil, Stealth Rock, other hazards, etc. while this might get too hard to balance (i don't think so) it's also possible to make the form not that good because this abil can be activated many times in the game. though, it isn't THAT hard to balance a sub with it because needing to take indirect damage may even be a backstab in the sense that Binding Vow can take you out if you try to activate the abil with recoil, rocks can make you go down if you don't wear boots and are weak to it, etc. this abil does create ways for some fun stuff though, and i'm p excited for what we will get.

Move Name: Colorful Toxin
Move Type:

Move Category:

Move BP: 90
PP: 16
Secondary Effect: Has a 30% chance to Poison the opponent.
Flags: Secondary Efect, Mirror
yeah: Okay so, if we wanna get a defensive mon, it's gotta be Steel. We have exactly one Steel Pokémon and it's pretty offense-based, plus Steel is a good typing to make a tentacruel check or counter. Poisoning is there because it makes the move a little stronger and gives it a factor that would make it used by a defensive mon. Name comes from Paint + Poisoning, since there is lead in paint and lead poisoning yeah.

Move Name: Draconic Lock
Move Type:

Move Category:

Move BP: 80
Secondary Effect: Traps the target. If the target was already trapped, this attack lowers their speed by 1.
Yeah: it's a funny move if you are looking for trapping effects + solid output. has some funny things it can do but nothing too crazy

anaconja

long day at job
Ability Name: Ignite
Description: If this Pokemon is burned, it is cured of its burn and changes form.
Reasoning: theres quite a lot of burning mons in the meta (sableye, rotom, tentacruel, camerupt, groudon, carkoal maybe) so a mon that takes advantage of that sounds pretty cool. running flame orb sounds funny too

Move Name: Sandblast
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 70
Max PP: 16
Effect(s): Hits Ground-types supereffectively. 30% chance to lower the target's Attack by 1.
Attributes: Protect, Mirror
Reasoning: quite a few offensive grounds in the tier so naturally a flying comes to mind.

Move Name: Hydra Blast
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 80
Max PP: 24
Effect(s): User heals 50% of the damage dealt.
Reasoning: im fond of defensive special dragons but having to choose between dragon pulse and draco meteor sucks so heres the midground.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Ability: Sensory Overload
Effect: Changes forms when this Pokemon experiences 3 or more stats changes in one turn.
Description: Cool interactions with moves like Shell Smash, Geomancy, Quiver Dance, etc. Allows for a mon to use broken-ass setup moves while a) being balanced and b) not being a shitmon when not using the setup move.

Move Name: Medieval Magic
Type:

Category:

BP: 100
Acc: 90
Secondary Effect: Next turn, heals the HP of the Pokemon on the field by 50% of the damage done (like Wish)
Description: Joltemons resub!! Good support move for both offensive and defensive Dragons alike.

Last edited:
Decided to sub the secret forme change mechanic from Scootopia:

Name: Germination
Description: Changes forme permanently when this pokemon reaches +6 in any stat.
Reasoning: Locks a forme change behind a fair amount of effort: the pokemon can be given multiple routes to achieving this, such as Belly Drum, Cotton Guard, or even just Iron Defense or Amnesia.

Ability Name: Last Stand
Description: If pokemon were to faint from an opposing Pokemon's attack, takes 0 damage and changes form. This pokemon is immune to indirect damage this form.
Reasoning: This form change would act as a sort of comeback mechanic for a strong wallbreaker would probably be busted on a sweeper so be wary of that.

Move Name: Venom Trap
Type: Poison
Base Power:100
Max PP: 24
Priority: -3
Effect(s): Badly Poisons on contact with the user before it moves. Steel types and poison types immune to this effect.
Attributes: Contact
Reasoning: Poison can be a pretty good defensive type with certain combinations. This move can be used on a physical wall as a way to punish physical attackers.

Ability Name: Draconic
Description: Fairy type moves against this pokemon deal damage with an halved attacking stat.
Reasoning: Dragon types still will struggle to hit fairy types outside of coverage but this ability helps neutralize their fairy weakness.

Last edited:
Ability Name: Sleepwalker
Description: While this Pokemon is asleep it changes form, when while it is awake it will be in its base form.
Reasoning: This is a relatively unique and funny ability, which can fill an odd but useful niche, primarily in making Rest especially viable, with the Pokemon still being able to use moves while afflicted with the sleep status effect. Of course, as to be clear, this ability would not allow for the user to use Rest if they are already asleep, as, per the mechanics of the game and how absolutely busted that would be. This ability could also open up for a weird yet curious niche of sleep abusers, as in Pokemon with moves like Dream Eater, Wake-Up Slap, Bad Dreams, all that jazz.

Move Name: Weakening Blow
Type: Fighting
Max PP: 10 / 16
Effect(s): Lowers the target's highest attack stat by 1.
Attributes: Protect, Mirror, Contact
Reasoning: Fighting isn't typically revered as a good defensive typing, let alone as a defensive typing, especially considering how, it doesn't have too much utility for bulky Pokemon to abuse outside of say Bulk Up and Drain Punch, this move changes that, even if the change is, negligible, the move is quite good for what it does, allowing for there to be a tanky fighting-type which can take more hits, in this case by lowering its opponents attack stat. Of course this biggest flaw in this is that which attack stat is lowered depends on which base stat is higher, meaning that if a Pokemon is a mixed-attacker they shouldn't have to worry as much about this effect.

Ability Name: Fearless
Description: This Pokemon's moves ignore type-based immunities (e.g. User's dragon-type moves now hit fairies for at least neutral), however the power of said moves is x0.9.
Reasoning: This is a frankly unique ability in concept, as far as I'm aware or concerned, that while benefiting all types, it especially benefits the dragon-type by lifting that otherwise pesky immunity that fairies have to them, leaving them more or less to have free-reign against all types but steel-types. As to have the ability be a tad more balanced the power of the user's moves are slightly decreased.

Last edited:
Form Change: Conduction, Sensory Overload, Backup Plan
Dragon: Medieval Magic, Annihilation, Dragon Roar
Defensive: Colorful Toxin, Sandblast, Diamond Dust

Form Change: Backup Plan, Sensory Overload, Last Stand
Dragon: Fearless, Annihilation, Draconic Lock
Defensive: Weakening Blow, Diamond Dust, Sandblast

Winners of this slate!

Forme Change with Conduction by DuoM2 !

Ability Name: Conduction
Description: When the user uses a Fire-type move, it changes to a second form. When the user uses an Ice-type move, it changes to a third form. Once it changes to either, it cannot change back for the rest of the battle.
Reasoning: Was really torn between making it permanent and making it possible to change back, let me know if you disagree. I think a permanent form change that you can choose could be really interesting if it's balanced properly, where there could be games where there's benefit to both forms and you have to weigh out which option is better given your opponent's team or your current situation. My idea for changing back would involve you using a Fire move in the Ice form or vice versa so there would be legitimate benefit to being in a weaker base form. You could give the Fire and Ice forms different sets of benefits and it's easier to reach each form that way. For now though, it'll be permanent, and you'll have to plan carefully to decide which form to go if the sub to come from this is balanced well.

subbing the other ones later i just conveniently had an extremely similar idea to this yesterday and thought i'd build upon it
Defensive Move with Sandblast by anaconja !
Move Name: Sandblast
Category:

Type:

Max PP: 16
Effect(s): Hits Ground-types supereffectively. 30% chance to lower the target's Attack by 1.
Reasoning: quite a few offensive grounds in the tier so naturally a flying comes to mind.
and finally, Dragon type move/ability with Annihilation by Rasdanation !
Move Name: Annihilation
Category:

Type:

Base Power: 75
Effect(s): 33% Recoil, +1 Priority
Reasoning: A translation of Wave Crash from LA to mainline gameplay. Considering this would make it the 3rd most powerful priority attack, I decided to make it a special dragon attack as it scales well power-wise against the 85 and 130 bp attacks of dragon pulse and draco meteor respectively. Felt the name Annihilation was an appropriate name as you rush forth to give your opponent a swift annihilation.
Congrats to the winners! You know the drill, onto the Pokemon!

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Pokemon Name: Liqueo (fluid thermometer)
Typing: Water
Abilities: Conduction
Stats
: 75/75/75/105/105/105 (540)
Movepool: Scald, Hydro Pump, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Will-o-Wisp, Ice Beam, Sludge Bomb, Calm Mind, Recover
Weight
: i dunno (kg)
Reasoning: Standard specially-offensive water that also serves as a check (not counter) to Tentacruel and Camerupt before changing form. Wouldn't be surprised if there were dedicated sets built around one form or the other but like Scald / Fire Blast / Ice Beam / CM or something could let you decide between the two on the fly if you wanted to.

Pokemon Name
: Liqueo-0-Degree
Typing: Water/Ice
Stats: 65/75/65/105/95/135 (540)
Reasoning: Wanted the Ice form to be fast because slow Ice-types are ew. By far the fastest thing in the mod even if it doesn't come about until after you use Ice Beam. Has the benefits of Ice STAB offensively while only really needing to utilize base form to boost. Doesn't hurt that badly that its defensive typing becomes worse because it's the fastest thing in the mod by a mile now.

Pokemon Name: Liqueo-100-Degree
Typing: Water/Fire
Stats: 85/75/85/105/115/75 (540)
Reasoning: Fat form. Defensively the added Fire typing is kind of a hindrance honestly, but the lack of Grass weakness is kinda cool I guess. Fire STAB is generally amazing and I don't see that changing here, plus of course the added bulk for Choiced or boosting sets.

Pokemon Name: Hydread (the ghost of a hydra head)
Typing: Ghost/Dragon
Abilities: Cursed Body / Clear Body | Reckless
Stats: 40/70/170/110/70/40 (500)
Movepool: Annihilation, Shadow Ball, Earth Power, Nasty Plot, Draco Meteor, Calm Mind, flavor stuff
Weight: i dunno (kg)
Reasoning: i just wrote one of these assuming the move was physical because it sounds like a physical move by name and i don't care to write another explanation rn

Just a clarification as there was some confusion on Discord: Conduction does not allow a pokemon to change forme twice (base > second > third). It allows it to change once into one of two formes (second < base > third).

:ss/darmanitan-zen:
Pokemon: Darmanitan (Normal Forme)
Typing: Water
Abilities: Condensation
Stats: 90/70/100/90/100/70 (520)

:ss/darumaka-galar:
Pokemon: Darmanitan (Air Forme) [ after using a Fire type move ]
Typing: Flying
Stats: 90/60/90/120/80/110 (550)

:ss/darmanitan-galar:
Pokemon: Darmanitan (Frozen Forme) [ after using an Ice type move ]
Typing: Ice
Stats: 90/120/100/60/90/90 (550)

Movepool Additions: Hydro Pump, Scald, Hurricane, Air Slash
Movepool Removals: Belly Drum, Will-O-Wisp, Yawn
Reasoning: Transforms into either a fast special attacker or a midspeed physical attacker. It has a wide choice of coverage too (like seriously why does it have Psychic). I removed Belly Drum and two status moves so that it wouldn't setup easily in Normal Forme.

:ss/hydreigon:
Pokemon: Hydreigon
Typing: Dark/Dragon
Abilities: Levitate
Stats: 92 / 105 / 90 / 125 / 90 / 98 (600 BST)
Movepool Additions: Annihilation
Movepool Removals: -
Reasoning: "lava" look. Annihilation is that easy to just put it on a Dragon mon. We need a new counter for Metagross that isn't Sharpedo anyway, and Sharpedo itself is also kinda busted. Hydreigon can OHKO with Annihilation though. Still dies to CC from Sharpedo though. Eelektross, Guemanon and Atterundu are also issues for it, with Guemanon being able to tank any hit from Hydreigon and safely switch in.

:ss/noivern:
Pokemon: Noivern
Typing: Poison/Flying
Abilities: Infiltrator
Stats: 80 / 70 / 100 / 88 / 110 / 83 (531 BST)
Movepool Additions: Sandblast
Movepool Removals: Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, Outrage
Reasoning: Fun fact, there's only two ground types in the whole meta. Anyway Poison typing means it can't be poisoned, and it can hit ground types effectively with Sandblast. Stays healthy with Roost though would not like getting hit by Earthquake or something.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
:ss/marowak:<-:ss/cubone:->:ss/marowak-alola:
Pokemon Name: Cubone
Typing:
Cubone: Ground
Marowak-Alola: Ground/Fire
Marowak: Ground/Ice
Abilities: Conduction
Stats:
Cubone: 80/80/75/80/70/125 (510 BST)
Marowak-Alola: 80/90/105/90/100/65 (530 BST)
Marowak: 80/110/75/110/75/85 (530 BST)
Movepool Additions:
Burning Jealousy, Fire Spin, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Heat Wave, Will-O-Wisp
Triple Axel, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Frost Breath
Calm Mind, Pain Split
Movepool Removals: Swords Dance
Weight: idk
Reasoning: mixed tank or midspeed mixed wallbreaker

:ss/altaria:
Pokemon: Altaria
Typing: Flying
Abilities: Fluffy / Trace
Stats: 75/70/70/100/100/105 (520 BST)
Movepool Additions: Sandblast, Nasty Plot, Taunt
Reasoning: effective metagross counter (it takes 35ish from band meteor mash). can also use trace to revenge kill archeops. sandblast+flamethrower is really good coverage.

Pokemon: Lairon (Not Eviolite Compatible)
Typing:
Base - Steel
Heated - Steel/Fire
Cooled - Steel/Ice
Ability: *Conduction
Stats:
Base - HP 80 / Atk 85 / Def 80 / SpA 85 / SpD 80 / Spe 60 / BST 470
Heated - HP 70 / Atk 105 / Def 90 / SpA 65 / SpD 110 / Spe 30 / BST 470
Cooled - HP 90 / Atk 65 / Def 70 / SpA 105 / SpD 50 / Spe 90 / BST 470
Movepool Additions: Heat Crash, Flame Charge, Flare Blitz, Fire Fang, Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Overheat, Blast Burn, Freeze-Dry, Haze, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Ice Fang, Frost Breath, Icy Wind, Sheer Cold, Discharge, Volt Switch, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam, Spark, Thunder Fang, Nuzzle
Movepool Removals: All Rock-type Moves (excluding Head Smash + Roll Out), Earth Power, Earthquake
Reasoning: I decided to go with altering an already existing Steel-type mon, under the pretense of really leaning into the name of the ability, specifically heat conduction and lack thereof in this case, albeit a bit of an odd choice, and perhaps not the most well executed, I think it's decent and unique. Competitively, the way I have altered Lairon here gives it the ability to fill out one of three roles: an all-round relatively tanky pure steel, a slow psychically offensive-(primarily) specially defensive steel/fire tank with ease of switching out via volt switch, or as a relatively fast steel/ice special attacker.

Pokemon: Dodrio
Typing: Fighting/Flying
Ability: Intimidate/Early Bird/Tangled Feet
Stats: HP 90 / Atk 55 / Def 80 / SpA 95 / SpD 100 / Spe 65 / BST 485
Movepool Additions: *Sandblast, Air Slash, Heatwave, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast
Movepool Removals: None
Reasoning: I think this is something of a fun alteration, turning a strong and speedy physical-attacker to a tanky special-attacker. I chose Dodrio primarily for the color palette, which I feel just, works for the name of the move. It of course has buffed defenses and HP for it's role as a defensive mon, in addition to me also changing what was previously Run Away to Intimidate, and lastly I also made it Fighting/Flying- I was going to make it Ground/Flying, but that felt a tad counterintuitive, so, yeah.

Pokemon: Drampa
Typing: Normal/Dragon
Ability: Berserk/Sap Sipper/Huge Power
Stats: HP 95 / Atk 65 / Def 90 / SpA 140 / SpD 90 / Spe 45 / BST 525
Movepool Additions: *Annihilation, Body Slam
Movepool Removals: None.
Reasoning: To be honest there is really no greater reason for my choice than, I just feels like it fits, which, it kinda does, given the abilities and high SpA combined with low Speed, overall competitively this thing would be frankly... difficult, to say the least, but, could in theory be beatable, with, again, in theory, Guemanon and Atterundu checking it, or a sleeping Snoorwill that has a specially defensive build. As for the buffs to its stats, yeah I have no good reason for that either outside of wanting to obviously make it more different- as for Huge Power, well, it's a tad of an odd choice, but could give an option, if for whatever reason, to run a mixed or entirely physical set (I also gave it Body Slam so it actually has a viable STAB for it's normal primary typing).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)