Pet Mod Twisted Pokémon (Playable on DH)

Do you want another Slate?

• Yes, I want another free Slate (where you can submit Special Twists for any Pokémon allowed).

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Yes, I want a themed Slate (where we submit Special Twists for a limited group of Pokémon).

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, the metagame has to be tested first.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Small question: I wasn't sure if you already knew this and were still working on it, but I was trying to battle a friend of mine and it seemed that any attempt at a team crashes the validator. It said someone was automatically notified, which is why I didn't say anything sooner, but I realize that that someone wasn't necessarily you, so I figured it would be worth bringing up all the same! (Have you been able to get it to work with your own teams, or is it just not quite up yet?) Thanks!! C:
That's stange, I'll go and check why that happens (btw "small question" in small font made me laugh).

Btw, I'll count votes tonight, which for my timezone (GMT+1) it will be in 6 hours from now, I don't think anyone else wants to vote, but I'll leave some time jic. From now on, Voting Phase will last 3 days.

I lied, but here are the results:

First, Hematite's Twisted Sableye with 4 votes!

Twisted Typing (Left Twist): Ghost/Normal
New Stats: 50 HP / 65 Attack (-10) / 95 Defense (+20) / 65 Special Attack / 85 Special Defense (+20) / 20 Speed (-30)
New Ability: Magic Bounce

Twisted Typing (Right Twist): Fairy/Flying
New Stats: 50 HP / 65 Attack (-10) / 75 Defense / 55 Special Attack (-10) / 95 Special Defense (+30) / 40 Speed (-10)
New Ability: Unaware

Second is Squawkerz's Swellow with 3 votes

Pokemon: Swellow-Left
Type: Poison/Rock
Ability: Punk Rock
New Stats: 60/65/60/95/50/125 (BST: 455) (-20 Atk, +20 SpA)

Pokemon: Swellow-Right
Type: Ghost/Ground
Ability: Reckless
New Stats: 60/110/55/65/50/115 (BST: 455) (+25 Atk, -5 Def, -10 SpA, -10 Spe)

and then we have a tiebreak between my Sudowoodo and Ninetales, Demon Dragon's Drampa and FALCOWNPAUNCH!'s Kingdra, so tell me which one you like the most :)
FALCOWNPAUNCH!'s Abomasnow 1
FALCOWNPAUNCH!'s Kingdra 2
Squawkerz's Swellow 3
Hematite's Sableye 4
Stitch98's Sudowoodo 2
Stitch98's Ninetales 2
Demon Dragon's Drampa 2

ok, so it looks like the third place goes to my Ninetales

Pokémon: Ninetales
Twisted Typing:
/

New Ability: Chlorophyll / No Guard
New Stats (Left): 73 / 76 / 85 / 101 / 100 / 70 (+0, +0, +10, +20, +0, -30)
New Stats (Right): 73 / 56 / 70 / 111 / 80 / 115 (+0, -20, -5, +30, -20, +15)
Flavour/Design (optional): Left twist will have leaves instead of tails, while right twist will be kinda similar to Taomon.
Competitive Niche: I thought it could be cool to make it boost itself, but it will have to catch the right timing with switches. The other form is just raw power.

I want to wait for the metagame to be tested before adding new Pokémon, so we'll stop for now and continue as it becomes playable somewhere.

Last edited:
In an attempt to keep this thread alive, I'll post a few potentially interesting Pokemon that haven't been brought up yet.

Twisted Types:
/

Left Twist Rapidash-Galar appears to have not changed much, but picks up a more powerful STAB combination, along with an arguably better defensive typing. Of course, it won't be using its defensive typing much at all--it'd much rather be trying to blow holes in things with Swords Dance or revenge killing with its Scarf set. Although it's situational, picking up a Dark typing lets it run Throat Chop, if you don't like Zen Headbutt's accuracy problem. Throat Chop preventing its targets from using sound moves is much more match-up dependent than Zen Headbutt's chance to flinch, though. LT Rapidash-Galar's main problem, though, is that its typing is a double-edged sword. While it gets rid of its weaknesses to Ghost and Steel, and picks up handy resistances to Fire and Ice, it doesn't have much bulk to make use of them and simultaneously picks up weaknesses to Electric, Fighting, and Fairy.

Right Twist Rapidash-Galar seems to have it better, though. For one thing, it doesn't have to rely on moves with below average BP; Rapidash gets Megahorn and High Horsepower naturally. While they don't fix its issue with missing important moves, Megahorn is 50% more powerful than Zen Headbutt with the trade-off of slightly less accuracy and less PP, and High Horsepower is a buff from Play Rough in both power and accuracy. Bug/Ground is a surprisingly good offensive typing, unseen thus far since Wormadam-Sandy and Nincada are both competitive non-options. Because of this, I predict the usual set will make use of Swords Dance and RT Rapidash-Galar's excellent STAB coverage to run though unprepared teams. Since Flying-types wall your STABs, Wild Charge hits them and leaves all of Rotom-Heat, Gliscor, Landorus, Thundurus-T, and Motor Drive Emolga uncovered. Of course, while Bug/Ground has at least some defensive utility, being immune to Electric and resistant to Fighting and Ground, it also gives RT Rapidash-Galar weaknesses to Fire, Flying, and Ice, all very powerful offensive types. Still, both forms benefit from their type changes enough to potentially shake up whatever tier they would (theoretically) land in.

Twisted Types:
/

Left Twist Araquanid, I feel, is notable for still getting boosted by Water Bubble. Because Bug-type moves become Water-type when Araquanid twists, you get access to either reliable Attack drops from Lunge or lots of HP regained from Leech Life. It also keeps Sticky Web, and gets Fire-type STAB in Liquidation or Scald. Aside from that, not much has changed--Araquanid still does lots of damage with Water moves, still has all its old niches, etc. It's still weak to Rocks, but thankfully Heavy-Duty Boots exist.

Right Twist Araquanid is in a worse spot, mostly because it doesn't have Water-type attacks anymore. It does get use out of Water Absorb now, but the loss of Water Bubble really sucks. Poison/Psychic is also a unique typing, at least until Galarian Slowbro comes out. Because of this, it has an easier time dealing with Fighting- and Poison-types, Toxic will never miss now, and as mentioned before, an immunity to Water is always nice. However, being able to utilize Water Bubble is a massive advantage that RT Araquanid simply doesn't have. It also has much more of a problem against Dark-types, fearing Knock Off even more now and having nothing to hit them back with. To put it simply, RT Araquanid isn't worth using over its LT and base forms.

Special mentions go to Aegislash, who gets Normal STAB twice, Rotom-Frost and Orbeetle, for having their typing stay the same by Right Twisting (although Rotom has an edge since Volt Switch becomes Ice-type, and thus unable to be blocked), Tapu Bulu, who gets blown up by its own Terrain, Pelipper, who gets similarly blown up by its own weather, Volcarona and Talonflame (notably) for not just dying to Stealth Rock, and lots more that I'm not going through 800+ Pokemon to find.

Last edited:
A big winner of the Left-Right type changes is definitely Zeraora
1594050640541.png
Its right form is Ice, meaning that Plasma Fists will now be an Ice-type move, allowing him to hit many strong types in the Metagame, such as Dragon and Ground. Not only can this Pokemon run Band way more successfully due to Ice being a very strong offensive type with no immunities, but he doesn't need as much coverage as he previously had: Close Combat nails Steel types that try to switch onto Plasma Fists, and the same applies for Rock types that try to wall it. For what regards Fire-type pokemon, he has no answer for those but he can safely pivot away from his checks and counters in bulky fires through Volt Switch (that also has no immunities now, considering type change, so Zeraora feels way safer to play). I can definitely see Pokemon such as Left-Twist Milotic walling him, while Left-Twist Gyarados, although an Intimidate Pokemon, can't switch in safely because of its weakness to Close Combat. For what regards its Left-Form it's Flying, giving him a very strong STAB that again is helped by Zeraora's access to Close Combat: steel and rock types coming onto Zeraora will be beaten by Close Combat, and the same applies for frailer Electric types.

Another ENORMOUS winner of the type changes is definitely Tyranitar, a Steel/Fairy Pokemon that can pull off AV sets better than Magearna despite it losing its Special Defense boost due to Sandstorm, but he also has a very easy time with a Choice Band set due to having access to a strong STAB combination only walled by steel types (which Tyranitar has an answer for in Earthquake). Not even defensive Emboar, now an exceptional Grass/Steel type, can put an end to Tyranitar's devastation due to its access to Fire Punch. And then its left twist is Dragon/Ghost, another great offensive typing that also gives TTar nice immunities and resistances to switch in.

Marowak-Alola's poltergeist can be Normal-type or Flying-type now, and both are really good but not as good as the original, as they have more resistances, but Flying-type is preferred due to Marowak-Alola's access to Bonemerang, that complements it well. Lastly Shuckle has a good defensive typing and immunity to toxic now, although I believe pokemon like Scizor, that has access to a Water/Dragon type, will be happier.

Hey, it's good to see someone revive this!

Since I don't have much to do in COVID and I thought it might be fun, I'm going to give my thoughts on the entirety of the National Dex's typing changes (really just final evolutions, with some NFEs like Scyther and Porygon2 thrown in there since they're quite a bit different from their evos). This will be edited later/more posts will be made to include more 'mons, since doing them all in a single go is flat-out impossible. That being said, let's go!

:Venusaur: LT is
. This makes Grass-type moves, like Leaf Storm and Solar Beam in sun, Rock-typed. Seeing as Rock resists Fire, sun's boosted type, it'll probably be a good fit on more Fire-weak sun teams. A secondary Bug typing doesn't do much, but it does lets it hit Grass-types more effectively.
RT is
. In sun, this is the premier Water killer, and Sludge Bomb becoming Grass-type means it still has options against Ground-types.
Final thoughts: Keeps its niche, which is pretty cool.

:Charizard: LT is
. While it's a bit weaker in Sun, Charizard really appreciates not losing 50% of its HP to Stealth Rock if it isn't running Boots. Grass/Rock is also a pretty neat typing on both the offensive and defensive ends, with the only type that resists both--Steel--being bopped by Scorching Sands.
RT is
. Speaking of not being weak to Rocks, RT Charizard takes a whopping 3% from them. Unfortunately, it gets hard walled by Bug- and Flying-types if it doesn't have Rock Slide, and Fighting/Ground, while good offensively, is a bit of a redundant STAB combination.
Final thoughts: Arceus still won't let it be a Dragon.

:Blastoise: LT is
. While its defensive hazard removal sets are worse, Shell Smash sets definitely have potential due to effectively having Fire Blast as STAB and Ice/Ground coverage in Ice Beam and Earthquake.
RT is
. With Poison typing, RT Blastoise is practically an inversion from its LT form--its Shell Smash set isn't as strong, but its hazard control sets are more effective, considering that RT Blastoise absorbs Toxic Spikes anyway.
Final thoughts: The duality of its new typings is an interesting surprise.

:Butterfree: LT is
. Has its old niche in Compound Eyes Sleep Powder, but has a significantly better offensive typing to work with in that regard. Not needing Boots as much helps matters, too.
RT is
. The same principle from the LT form applies here, too, but Butterfree is now resistant to Rocks and a Ground-type Hurricane sounds terrifying.
Final thoughts: man i don't remember this early game bug

:Beedrill: LT is
. Not a drastic change from its base form, which was basically only good with its Mega. Water/Bug is an interesting type combination, though.
RT is
. It's sort of a better suicide lead in that more weaknesses make it die faster, but Psychic/Grass is not a particularly powerful type combo. It also gets blown up by U-turn now.
Final thoughts: Still kinda sucks.

:Pidgeot: LT is
. Oh man, speaking of 'mons whose Mega made them good, here's Pidgeot. While Poison/Rock is an interesting typing, having only been seen on Nihilego, Pidgeot has nowhere near the offensive capabilities of Nihilego, and thus gets forced out by just about anything that takes a hit or outspeeds it.
RT is
. While Ghost/Ground is a great offensive typing, Pidgeot isn't a great offensive Pokemon, and having Defog doesn't do that much to help it stand out against other Flying-types who can do it better.
Final thoughts: Really wishes Mega Stones were still in.

:Raticate: LT is
. Doesn't really do much to help with Raticate's lackluster offensive presence, but hey, it's got a good defensive typing now.
RT is
. This sort of has potential to be good, since Guts Facade makes up for lack of Poltergeist. However, it doesn't help Raticate be a less mediocre Pokemon.
Final thoughts: Still the top percentage. Or is that a Rattata exclusive?

:Raticate-Alola: LT is
. It's kind of bizarre to see this used on a more physically offensive Pokemon, considering Gengar is the only comparison to draw. Further considering that Poison/Ghost is a pretty good defensive typing, maybe this could see use as a bulky pivot in lower tiers?
RT is
. This could be interesting, seeing as this is the typing of Mimikyu, a powerful presence in higher tiers. Even with Swords Dance, though, it doesn't have the free set-up turn that made Mimikyu so great.
Final thoughts: The top percentage, but Hawaiian instead.

:Fearow: LT is
, while RT is
. Pretty much everything I said about Pidgeot applies here.
Final thoughts: At least Pidgeot has Brave Bird.

:Arbok: LT is
. Although Coil is still a good move, Bug is a worse defensive typing overall than Poison is, and it's not much better as an offensive typing, either.
RT is
. Grass, likewise, is neither a good defensive or offensive typing. Intimidate does help put a stop to Electric- and Ground-types without coverage to hit it, though.
Final thoughts: Not great, but could be worse.

:Raichu: LT is
. This is quite the interesting turn, seeing as how Ground-types can't block your STAB moves anymore. On top of this, Focus Blast is an even better coverage move now and Lightning Rod takes away one of LT Raichu's weaknesses.
RT is
. Ground-types do an even worse job of stopping you from getting momentum, and Ice is arguably an even stronger offensive typing. It's considerably worse defensively, though, and neither form likes needing Boots to not take 25% from Stealth Rock.
Final thoughts: Honestly, there's a lot of potential here. I like this.

:Raichu-Alola: LT is
. Really, the Alolan form here is pretty much a direct downgrade: while it does have slightly more power and a secondary Dark typing to mess with some stuff Kantonian Raichu couldn't, Surge Surfer doesn't benefit it as much anymore and losing Lightning Rod means it doesn't have the switch-in opportunities Kantonian Raichu has.
RT is
. Gotta strap on some boots, man. That's all I have to say. Getting a Nasty Plot boost makes you really dangerous to deal with, but Ice/Bug is such an awful defensive typing, and Raichu has so little bulk, that it can be hard to make use of.
Final thoughts: I really don't like that this is inferior to the base form.

:Sandslash: LT is
. It still resists Rocks, it can Rapid Spin them away, it can set its own hazards, and it still lays down the hurt on (most) Rock- and Steel-types. Knock Off deals with Ghosts, but it retains most of its problem spots from the past.
RT is
. This is mostly just an inferior Alolaslash, as it doesn't have the extra utility that Alolaslash's Steel typing gives it and it's weak to hazards now. Ice is a good offensive typing, but there's better Ground-types to use in that case.
Final thoughts: It's okay, but it probably won't see much use of the twist mechanic.

:Sandslash-Alola: LT is
. This will likely be useful for typing mindgames, since it resists its untwisted form's 4x weaknesses. As we've seen from the Lati twins over the years, Psychic/Dragon is also a nice offensive typing if it wants to go down that route, especially with Slush Rush intact.
RT is
. This is where things get really interesting. Heliolisk has already shown that Electric/Normal is a good offensive typing, but Alolaslash takes a very different approach by being a physical attacker rather than a special attacker. Slush Rush helps out a lot in this regard, as Electric/Normal isn't as good a defensive typing as Ice/Steel. Granted, its only coverage for Ground-types now is Aqua Tail.
Final thoughts: Quite a bit better than I thought it would be.

:Nidoqueen: LT is
. Sludge Wave and Earth Power, combined with Sheer Force, are still strong, no-nonsense STAB moves, but now you can run Focus Blast to nuke things if you want. Its STAB combination now mandates Ice Beam to not lose to Flying-types, though.
RT is
. The same STAB moves apply, but Earth Power can't do much to Fire- and Steel-types anymore. Grass/Ice is also a horrible defensive typing, so you have to play carefully with it.
Final thoughts: Still good for the same reasons Nidoqueen was already good.

:Nidoking: LT is
, while RT is
. What I said about Nidoqueen applies here, too.
Final thoughts: Mostly the same as Nidoqueen, but faster, stronger, and more frail.

:Clefable: LT is
. Clefable ditches its Fairy typing for another excellent defensive typing, complete with retaining its niche in WishPort. In general, defensive sets benefit a lot from twisting left. Calm Mind sets will likely still be good, too, since Clefable can be tough to break through without sufficient coverage.
RT is
. In contrast with LT, Clefable's RT form is more suited to offensive sets, thanks to Ground being an offensive monster of a typing. An Electric immunity is nice as well, providing switch-in opportunities to set up or break through things.
Final thoughts: Clefable already had a lot of general utility, and both twists being viable certainly doesn't hurt.

:Ninetales: LT is
. Since Stitch got his Special Twist for Ninetales in, I'll discuss that. Chlorophyll on a sun setter is pretty great, but it either has to use its turns incredibly well or run Heat Rock in its base form. When it's in sun, Solar Beam seems like the way to go, with Weather Ball for coverage.
RT is
. With RT Ninetales having No Guard, it can now run things like Hypnosis or Inferno effectively. Setting up can be deadly with your increased power and speed, but it's also dangerous because of your decreased bulk.
Final thoughts: Special Twists are a fun idea, and I hope to see more of them once this becomes playable.

:Ninetales-Alola: LT is
. While it takes damage from its own Hail, a Psychic-type Blizzard is interesting. Moonblast also becomes Water-type, and it still has Ice-type coverage in Weather Ball. It's considerably worse at beating Dark-types, though.
RT is
. Hail still damages it, but it's able to put its offensive typing to use with what is effectively Thunder, but for Hail instead. Moonblast beats other Electric-types, while Weather Ball hits Grass-types super effectively.
Final thoughts: One of a handful of auto-weather setters that came out of the twists relatively intact.

:Wigglytuff: LT is
. Wigglytuff now has some utility this generation with WishPort, but this is made better by it picking up one of the best defensive typings in the game. It doesn't do much to help its lackluster offensive capabilities, though.
RT is
. While it is a good offensive typing, Wigglytuff can't do much with it due to how little offensive pressure it exerts. Being weak to Knock Off now hurts it, too.
Final thoughts: At least it has a niche, right...?

:Vileplume: LT is
. This may be suboptimal, since Vileplume trades away its good defensive typing for a decidedly average one, but Rock STAB helps it beat a lot of things that would give it trouble before, and Bug STAB is...kind of just there.
RT is
. Electric/Grass is an interesting defensive typing, as you become one of the best Electric switch-ins in the game barring immunities. You also maintain Grass moves to beat Ground-types.
Final thoughts: Not exceptional, but probably has its uses.

:Parasect: LT is
. It has a bit more of a niche on rain teams due to having Water STAB, and its typing prevents an Ember from killing it, but almost every other Bug-type can do this better.
RT is
. Despite its interesting typing, Parasect in all cases is held back by the same things as always: its low stats. Spore and Dry Skin, while valuable, don't make up for this shortcoming.
Final thoughts: Predictably bad.

:Venomoth: LT is
. Still does Venomoth things, although Tinted Lens isn't quite as valuable with its better offensive typing. It's still quite strong after a Quiver Dance, though, and Water STAB can blast through Fire- and Rock-types easily.
RT is
. This is a bit more iffy, as its defensive typing is much worse now and U-turn, already a common move on Choice Scarf users, destroys it. Tinted Lens remains as strong as ever, which makes up for it at least a little.
Final thoughts: One's a bit better, one's a bit worse. They're still good.

:Dugtrio: LT is
. Plays about the same as vanilla Dugtrio, but Earthquake is Fighting-typed, Reversal is even more of a nuke than before, and Sucker Punch/Shadow Claw complement Dugtrio's new STAB quite well.
RT is
. This is an interesting change, seeing as Dugtrio can revenge kill an entirely new list of threats. Grass- or Flying-types bothering you? Take them out with Freezing Earthquake.
Final thoughts: Would probably be better if Arena Trap was allowed, but still not bad.

:Dugtrio-Alola: LT is
. Straight away, this is a peculiar offensive typing, and it arguably hurts more than it helps. Sure, it has Fighting-type Earthquake, but Iron Head becoming Dragon means it has no way to beat Fairies.
RT is
. Even more odd is Ice/Normal. While it's an awful defensive typing, it's pretty good offensively, Steel-types notwithstanding. It doesn't really seem to be much good over the normal form, though.
Final thoughts: Like with Sandslash, it's okay but not great.

:Persian: LT is
. This doesn't do a whole lot to help--Poison isn't a great offensive typing and Persian isn't a great defensive Pokemon, but STAB on Gunk Shot is notable.
RT is
. A Ghost-typed Fake Out seems like a decently big deal, and both variants of Persian can pull off their old Nasty Plot + Technician sets.
Final thoughts: Might have a niche in lower tiers? I don't know for sure.

:Persian-Alola: LT is
. Ghost over Dark with Fur Coat is interesting, given that it's much better at checking Fighting-types without coverage. It's now weak to Knock Off, though, so be careful.
RT is
. Now this is good. It's an excellent stop to both Fighting- and Dark-types, courtesy of having one of the best defensive typings in the game. Fur Coat solidifies its niche as a physically bulky pivot, and Fairy-type Foul Play is another excellent tool against physical attackers.
Final thoughts: Both its new types are much more effective defensive typings than Dark, so I see this as an absolute win.

:Golduck: LT is
. Being Fire-type makes its STAB moves extremely weak in rain, to the point where Swift Swim isn't worth it if you're twisting. Sure, being a Fire-type in rain is cool with Cloud Nine in tow, but then you have to give up on what is basically Golduck's only niche.
RT is
. This isn't too much better, although it tears through Grass-types for rain teammates. Synchronoise is also funny, as it hits other Poison-types super effectively.
Final thoughts: :psysly:

:Primeape: LT is
. Primeape remains an excellent Scarf user with U-turn, although this time it has Piercing Close Combat to bash Fairy-types. Earthquake also becomes important coverage, as it rips up almost everything that resists Steel.
RT is
. While Scarf sets are still good, a special mention goes to Pursuit for being STAB now. Dark-type Close Combat hits Ghost- and Psychic-types super effectively, something Primeape struggled with in the past. It now has problems against Fighting-types, though.
Final thoughts: Its main niche changes only marginally by twisting, but enough to make it interesting.

:Arcanine: LT is
. LT Arcanine touches new ground as the first Grass-type with Intimidate, something that may help it deal with its many newfound weaknesses. It now also has a much easier time against Water-types, and has Teleport to pivot out if need be.
RT is
. Seeing as Arcanine gets Close Combat, this could clear the way for powerful offensive sets to run wild again. If that doesn't end up happening, though, Intimidate and Flash Fire are still good Abilities for defensive sets.
Final thoughts: Not particularly remarkable, but good.

:Poliwrath: LT is
. With this, Poliwrath becomes an off-brand Heatran with Water Absorb instead of Flash Fire, down to effectively having Lava Plume. Poliwrath has the potential for even more annoying wall sets now; just watch out for Ground moves.
RT is
. Now rocking Skuntank's typing, Poliwrath doesn't change much, with the exception of Poison Jab being STAB now. Water Absorb is a bit more niche here, but still notable.
Final thoughts: LT will definitely be viable in lower tiers.

:Alakazam: LT is
. By gaining Dark typing, Alakazam is no longer as afraid of taking hits from Ghost- and Dark-types, and now has no issue at all with Psychic-types. It's honestly a bit like Darkrai, but without sleep, less bulk, and Magic Guard.
RT is
. Magic Guard is now more valuable than ever for Alakazam to not take damage from entry hazards. It now beats up Dark-types, but suffers from a worse defensive typing and doesn't really have the coverage to patch up the perils of being an offensive Bug-type.
Final thoughts: There's some typing mindgames here, but not a lot else.

:Machamp: LT is
. Close Combat/Dynamic Punch now hits Fairies, but the real kicker is that Bullet Punch, Machamp's priority move, now has STAB. Aside from that, Machamp still hits things hard, but a Steel typing helps Machamp's overall survivability.
RT is
. Forget STAB Fighting moves, now it has STAB Knock Off! Because of this, its coverage gets opened up a little to help it deal with some Pokemon it couldn't before. It has more trouble dealing with Fighting- and Dark-types, though.
Final thoughts: Steel is a sleeper good offensive typing.

:Victreebel: LT is
, while RT is
. Pretty much everything I said about Venusaur applies here too.
Final thoughts: Sucker Punch does help it stand out, I guess.

:Tentacruel: LT is
. While Tentacruel gets Rapid Spin, good luck switching in to remove hazards without Boots. Its defensive typing is mostly the same as far as resistances go, but it's super dead to Rock moves and isn't weak to Ground anymore.
RT is
. Even though it's still Poison, it's amazing how much a secondary type change can do. For example, Tentacruel becomes a much better switch-in to Electric- and Grass-types with its great special bulk.
Final thoughts: Definitely interesting type changes, although I'm not sure how good they are.

:Golem: LT is
. This might be better in more normal situations than a Stealth Rock lead, as its new typing isn't weak to everything. That being said, Golem could potentially run Rock Polish sets, although it's likely outclassed by something like Rhydon in this regard.
RT is
. Not much difference from the base form, although it gets demolished by some different things now. Ice is still an effective offensive typing, though you now get walled by opposing Steel-types.
Final thoughts: It's decent, although I don't think it'll use the twist mechanic much.

:Golem-Alola: LT is
. Being a Dragon that can trap Steel-types is cool, and Ground/Flying coverage with Earthquake is incredible. It's also naturally immune to Ground now, shoring up one of Alolan Golem's main weaknesses.
RT is
. Not too much different from the base and LT forms, but it now gets BoltBeam coverage in Galvanize if it really wants to.
Final thoughts: Having different offensive typings to beat different Magnet Pull targets definitely seems cool.

:Rapidash: LT is
. Having a Grass typing helps it beat bulky Water- and Rock-types, and High Horsepower is a more important coverage move than ever. It does struggle with Bug- and Grass-types now, but its normal form beats those easily.
RT is
. Having Flash Fire on a physical Fighting-type is a great boon, as it can't be crippled by Will-O-Wisp anymore. Rapidash now also gets use out of Throat Chop as coverage for Psychic- and Ghost-types.
Final thoughts: It's interesting that when it twists, it loses some of its old counterplay completely.

:Rapidash-Galar: LT is
. I've gone over this before, but Dark is a great offensive typing for squashing Ghosts. It really doesn't have sufficient bulk to make use of its decent defensive typing, though.
RT is
. Behold, the first competitively viable Bug/Ground-type. Megahorn and High Horsepower are more powerful STAB moves anyway, and Wild Charge becomes valuable coverage against Flying-types.
Final thoughts: Like with normal Rapidash, some of its normal checks can become setup fodder.

:Slowbro: LT is
. While it's better against most Grass- and Ghost-types, it now picks up weaknesses to very common attacking types. This includes Rock, which means that Slowbro now has to run Heavy-Duty Boots to get the most out of Regenerator.
RT is
. Much the same as its LT form, it's weak to Stealth Rock, as well as to many common types it had no issue with before. It's immune to poison status, though, so that's an upside.
Final thoughts: Better off just sticking to its normal typing.

:Slowbro-Galar: LT is
. Bug/Dark, while a cool, new offensive typing, doesn't actually do much for Galar-Bro. It now has no real coverage against Fairy- and Fighting-types, and like Kantonian Slowbro, is now weak to decently common attacking types.
RT is
. Slowbro's poor Speed now comes back to haunt it, as its suddenly horrible defensive typing means that it's forced out by the majority of the game. This is magnified by Galar-Bro's defenses being cut to increase its Attack for Shell Side Arm.
Final thoughts: Funnily enough, it's even outclassed by Kantonian Slowbro in type change effectiveness.

:Magneton: LT is
. It's very similar to Alolan Golem in typing and niche, but unlike Alolan Golem, has only Hidden Power to beat Steel-types. Getting rid of its 4x weakness to Ground is good, though.
RT is
. There is no bigger brain play than trapping the thing that hits you super-effectively. Yeah, Ice/Normal really does not benefit Magneton.
Final thoughts: A bit worse at twisting than Alolan Golem, surprisingly.

:Farfetchd: LT is
, while RT is
Final thoughts: It's, uh, Farfetch'd. What would you really expect here?

:Dodrio: LT is
. Now this is more like it. While its offensive typing isn't the greatest and Ground moves leave it no chance, Dodrio's inherent qualities over the aforementioned Flying-types, like better stats and Swords Dance, still stand.
RT is
. If you're using Dodrio, this is the best you can get. Return and Jump Kick provide (almost) perfect neutral coverage on their own, but Ground-type Brave Bird and Knock Off are still appreciated. Adding SD to the mix only makes Dodrio scarier.
Final thoughts: So far, the first actually viable Normal/Flying-type.

:Dewgong: LT is
. Dewgong is still held back by its mediocre stats, but it at least has a better defensive typing. It's also one of very few Fire-types with Perish Song, and Whirlpool can trap Pokemon that can't hurt it.
RT is
. Outside of Ground-types, Dewgong now has an arguably even better defensive typing, with a whopping ten resistances taking Thick Fat into account. With its type change, it's now a more effective wall, and not being affected by Toxic anymore is helpful, too.
Final thoughts: It won't be OU viable anytime soon, but it could have a niche in lower tiers.

:Muk: LT is
. While it helps Muk deal with Ground- and Psychic-types more easily, having Bug typing hurts more than it helps: LT Muk's offensive typing isn't much better, while its defensive typing, important for a Curse setup attacker, becomes worse.
RT is
. Like with LT Muk, its new typing is beneficial in some situations, but worse in most others. There's really not much to say here.
Final thoughts: Poison-types get kind of screwed by twisting, but at least you don't have to twist them.

:Muk-Alola: LT is
. This is much like regular Muk, where twisting doesn't help its offensive typing much, but it at least has decent defensive type synergy with its normal form, and STAB on Shadow Sneak is notable.
RT is
. A physical Fairy-type is an uncommon sight, and Pursuit being Fairy-typed really changes up what you can force out and beat. Its Grass typing doesn't do much, but Ground-types have much less favorable matchups now.
Final thoughts: Interestingly, having a secondary Dark-type makes twisting less situational for Muk.

:Cloyster: LT is
. This isn't too different from its normal Shell Smash set, but having Psychic/Fire/Rock coverage is interesting. Notably, Cloyster now has more incentive to run a Water move to hit Steel-types.
RT is
. As opposed to Dewgong, who gets improved defensive utility from twisting right, Cloyster suffers offensively by not being able to hit Ground-types effectively. It doesn't have to do this by any means, but losing to Hippowdon and the Mole God puts paid to RT.
Final thoughts: I honestly wouldn't have expected the RT form to be so helpless against Ground-types.

:Gengar: LT is
. While on paper, this seems like the most ineffective offensive typing Gengar could have possibly gotten, Normal/Bug isn't actually all that bad. Ghost- and Steel-types resist both, though, so you have to run either Focus Blast or Dark Pulse to cover them.
RT is
. Having a Flying-type Hex/Shadow Ball seems genuinely good, given that nothing is immune to them. Grass STAB finally becomes useful to hit Rock-types, and being Flying-type makes up for not having Levitate anymore.
Final thoughts: By contrast, I wouldn't have expected Gengar's RT form to be as good as it is.

:Hypno: LT is
. While Hypno has a niche in WishPort, I don't believe that it's much more viable than other Psychic-types, even taking twisting into account. Being Dark-type does give Foul Play STAB for consistent damage, though.
RT is
. While its Psychic moves don't have immunities anymore, Bug typing is not much better, either offensively or defensively. It's more prone to being picked off by Fire- and Rock-types and it's weak to Stealth Rock. Not being weak to U-turn is a plus, however.
Final thoughts: Not particularly good, but not horrible.

:Kingler: LT is
. Liquidation off of Sheer Force hits hard no matter what type it is, and High Horsepower becomes viable coverage to hit Fire- and Rock-types. Of course, the difficulties against these types can be mitigated by using Kingler's regular form.
RT is
. Liquidation still hits hard, but Knock Off is even more important as coverage now. Kingler being Poison-type can now help in some matchups defensively, as well, such as against Grass-types.
Final thoughts: Not spectacular, but good.

:Electrode: LT is
. Electrode's main role as a lead is still in place, with its new Flying typing helping out against Ground-types. Volt Switch is a better option now, by way of nothing being immune to it.
RT is
. This is practically indistinguishable from the other form, with Electrode still acting as a lead. It's notable that neither twist minds a Stealth Rock weakness, given that they're suicide leads.
Final thoughts: A bit better at its role than before.

:Exeggutor: LT is
. LT Exeggutor actually has excellent defensive synergy with its regular form, and a Rock/Dark special attacker, especially a sun attacker, is novel. It now has no way of dealing with Fighting-types on its own, however.
RT is
. Electric/Bug is an interesting typing, but Exeggutor doesn't have the speed to take full advantage of it. Chlorophyll, thankfully, is an option to get around this.
Final thoughts: It's interesting how well its twisted types support its normal types.

:Exeggutor-Alola: LT is
. This notably gives it an immunity to Dragon and resistances to Fire and Flying, and it can take out those types with ease due to its new STAB types. It has a few troubling weaknesses to Ground and Steel now, though.
RT is
. Overall, Exeggutor's twisted forms cover each other very well with their defensive typings, something I probably should've expected. RT has trouble with Ground-types, but has an excellent defensive typing outside of that.
Final thoughts: Really interesting type synergy. I like it.

:Marowak: LT is
. Bonemerang is an incredibly strong move, but now it's Fighting-type. Knock Off is valuable coverage, Stone Edge will probably see use, and Marowak's offensive Stealth Rock sets still exist.
RT is
. RT Marowak will run most of the same things as its other forms, but is held back by having a significantly worse defensive typing, but it does have a good offensive typing. Not too much else to say.
Final thoughts: Serviceable, but nothing crazy.

:Marowak-Alola: LT is
. Marowak hits hard, but having a Grass typing means it worries less about Ground- and Water-types. Normal isn't the worst type combo either, with only Steel resisting both. Most Steel-types also get bopped by Earthquake, too.
RT is
. This is where things really get good. For one thing, it takes less chip damage from hazards, only losing 12% to Stealth Rock. For another, Fighting and Flying have exceptionally good coverage on their own, freeing up slots for things like Swords Dance or even Stealth Rock. Rock Head and Flare Blitz is godlike, too.
Final thoughts: RT really ascends this to greatness, in my eyes.

:Hitmonlee: LT is
. This seems good for sets using Reckless, since High Jump Kick is now a Steel-type nuke with nothing immune to it. Like Machamp before it, Bullet Punch is now STAB, with Earthquake and Knock Off/Stone Edge rounding out a possible set.
RT is
. This seems great for Unburden sets, as STAB Knock Off is a strong, risk-free attack on its own, and Normal Gem Fake Out is an easy Unburden activation. It's also pretty flexible in terms of what can be run, because Hitmonlee just so happens to get Sucker Punch.
Final thoughts: This is likely as good as it is because it had excellent options for both types already.

:Hitmonchan: LT is
. This is a bit like Hitmonlee, except it's a viable Steel-type spinner, with Iron Fist for Drain Punch and Bullet Punch. Steel typing is also a massive boon for Assault Vest sets, if it decides to run those.
RT is
. This is notable for being a spinner that beats spinblockers by itself with Dark STAB. However, unlike Hitmonlee, Chan doesn't have Sucker Punch, but Mach Punch makes up for this. It struggles against Fairies as much as ever, though.
Final thoughts: Not quite as powerful as Hitmonlee and Machamp, but a viable spinner regardless.

:Weezing: LT is
. While its new typing doesn't benefit Weezing too much, it gets more use out of Neutralizing Gas due to resisting Ground now. It now hits Psychic-types super-effectively with Bug STAB, as well.
RT is
. Similarly to LT, Weezing doesn't much need Levitate thanks to its new Ground resistance. The matchup with Ground- and Rock-types gets a lot easier in this form, since Grass STAB cleanly takes out both types.
Final thoughts: A bit better, but nothing dramatic.

:Weezing-Galar: LT is
. Much like Kantonian Weezing, Weezing-Galar doesn't necessarily have to run Levitate, instead being free to run Neutralizing Gas or Misty Surge. Misty Surge deserves a special mention here, as Weezing would be vulnerable to Toxic otherwise.
RT is
. While it gets bopped by Ice, RT Weezing-Galar is notable for being resistant to Stealth Rock, important for a hazard remover. Neutralizing Gas is now more useful than ever before, being able to bypass Levitate and hit Pokemon such as the Rotoms with a Ground-type Strange Steam.
Final thoughts: Better than I thought it was going to be. Also, Weezing's other Abilities are viable choices now!

:Rhydon: LT is
. While it needs Poison Jab to do meaningful damage to Fairies, Rhydon's new pool of resistances lets it deal with Grass- and Water-types much more easily now, and its old Swords Dance sets are as powerful as ever.
RT is
. With this, Rhydon's old sets still exist, just with a 4x resistance to Ice, a typing that both its other forms struggle with. Ice/Steel isn't necessarily the best defensive typing possible, but it's no slouch offensively and Rhydon can certainly benefit from powerful offensive typings.
Final thoughts: Basically just a better Kantonian Golem.

:Chansey: LT is
. Although it picks up weaknesses to Ground and Psychic, Chansey also gains resistances to Fairy, Poison, and Fighting, meaning less types have reliable ways to contest it. Also notable is Chansey's immunity to poison damage, although Natural Cure lessens the importance of this.
RT is
. This makes it completely immune to Fighting-type moves, but it has to be played even more carefully around physical attackers, as it is now weak to Knock Off.
Final thoughts: It's funny how completely most Fighting-types get walled by Chansey now.

:Kangaskhan: LT is
. This doesn't do a whole lot, but it has a better defensive typing now. Poison-typed Fake Out is interesting, too.
RT is
. Kangaskhan is now the real Ghost killer, with Fake Out hitting them super-effectively. Aside from this, it has Ghost/Fighting coverage, but it's completely unresisted due to Scrappy giving LT Sableye and Spiritomb the finger.
Final thoughts: Not big changes, but enough to possibly make Kangaskhan better.

:Seaking: LT is
. It's hard to say how useful this change is for Seaking, as while it retains Lightning Rod and is resistant to Grass, it picks up other weaknesses to common types and its stats still hold it back quite a bit.
RT is
. Same as with LT, it gets rid of its old weaknesses, but at the cost of new common ones. Not too much to say here.
Final thoughts: It doesn't get much better, predictably enough.

:Starmie: LT is
. Heavy-Duty Boots become mandatory for it to Rapid Spin away hazards now, but it picks up a powerful offensive typing alongside coverage for Water-types in Thunderbolt. It also got Flip Turn from the DLC, so it can run a Choice set with proper team support.
RT is
. Pretty much the same as LT, in that it needs Boots much more now, but it has a much less effective offensive typing, and while Poison/Bug has its merits as a defensive typing, weaknesses to common attacking types do hinder it.
Final thoughts: Nothing crazy, although LT has potential.

:Mr-mime: LT is
. Nasty Plot sets are now more feasible thanks to Mr. Mime's new typing: you can switch in on special Ghost- or Fire-types, like Chandelure, set up, and proceed to hit hard with your excellent offensive typing. Priority, Mach Punch in particular, is still a problem, though.
RT is
. With this, Mr. Mime's Scarf set is as good as ever, since its STAB combination is only walled by Flying-types, which drop to a Thunderbolt. It also has decent enough type synergy with its other forms.
Final thoughts: As with its fellow Psychic/Fairy Galarian Rapidash, Mr. Mime gets serviceable, viable type changes.

:Scyther: LT is
. Scyther's old Swords Dance set is very potent here, as Crumbling Dual Wingbeat is arguably the best Rock-type move in the metagame. Scyther can also now run Choice sets effectively, due to not losing half its health to Stealth Rock every time.
RT is
. This is similar to LT, except that Scyther has to rely on Brick Break to hit Dark-types effectively. While a Ground-type Dual Wingbeat is very powerful, U-turn being Psychic limits its usefulness overall.
Final thoughts: Not taking 50% from Stealth Rock is a massive buff in and of itself, really.

:jynx: LT is
. Honestly, this seems suboptimal; while Jynx picks up a marginally better defensive typing, losing its Ice-typing means that some threats that would get blown up by STAB Ice Beam can live a hit and take out Jynx.
RT is
. This is a bit more like it, as its new typing gives Jynx an immunity to paralysis, as well as actual resistances. Dry Skin helps Jynx even more with taking on Water-types, and Bug STAB is handy for Dark-types. It can find it hard to use its new usable defensive typing with its poor bulk, though.
Final thoughts: Nothing spectacular, but usable.

:Pinsir: LT is
. Mold Breaker sets are slightly more notable now, as not only are Stealth Rock and Earthquake as good as ever, Water-type X-Scissor goes through Water Absorb and Storm Drain to hit things like LT Gastodon, which would be weak to Water without it. Water is also a great defensive typing for setting up with Swords Dance.
RT is
. While having Psychic STAB would ordinarily open it up to Dark-types, Pinsir just so happens to get Close Combat. This, along with access to Knock Off, gives it excellent neutral coverage while still having room for Swords Dance or Stealth Rock. Its Scarf sets get a bit worse, since RT Pinsir leans quite a bit on its coverage now.
Final thoughts: Two serviceable type changes make Pinsir an overall winner.

:Tauros: LT is
. Body Slam hits as hard as ever, but now crushes most Fairy-types. Earthquake is as important as ever, and LT Tauros' improved defensive typing may make Intimidate sets viable.
RT is
. Close Combat helps to give RT Tauros almost perfect neutral coverage. Not too much else to say, since this works much like the base and LT forms.
Final thoughts: Remember when people used Rock Climb over Body Slam and missed all the time? Aah, those were the days.

:Gyarados: LT is
. Left Twisting is a mixed bag for Gyarados. While it gets a powerful offensive typing with access to EdgeQuake coverage, its defensive typing suffers quite a bit. It does pick up resistances to Ice, Flying, and Fairy, but has twin 4x weaknesses to Ground and Water, alongside being weak to Rocks.
RT is
. With the typing of the Nidos, Gyarados differs from them in the fact that it's a physical attacker and has a setup move. Poison-type Waterfall, Earthquake, and Stone Edge with Dragon Dance should normally be all you need. Toxic is also now 100% accurate, if you want to mess with that for whatever reason.
Final thoughts: While its gameplan doesn't change much at all, it's able to beat very different things depending on what it twists into.

:Lapras: LT is
. Lapras picks up a pretty good defensive typing, especially with Water Absorb in tow. Freeze-Dry is still an effective way to deal with Water-types, but it has notable problems dealing with Dark-types, and Lapras is still weak to Stealth Rock.
RT is
. While it doesn't have Thick Fat like its fellow Poison/Electric Right Twisters Dewgong and Walrein, its access to Water Absorb lets it almost completely wall Water-types without Ground-type coverage. It does, however, have a lot of trouble against Ground-types, as it has to resort to Hidden Power Grass to hit them.
Final thoughts: I do appreciate that the Water/Ice Pokemon get overall better typings.

:Ditto: LT is
, while RT is
Final thoughts: Its typing changes don't actually matter, because Imposter overrides them by transforming into the opponent...with the exception of LT Ditto removing Toxic Spikes.

:Vaporeon: LT is
. This one is kind of iffy, as Fire is in itself an odd defensive typing. With Water Absorb, LT Vaporeon is technically only weak to Ground and Rock, but therein lies the problem: Vaporeon is now weak to Stealth Rock. While it can run Boots to mitigate this, Vaporeon really doesn't appreciate that it has to.
RT is
. This is better, as Poison is a less risky defensive typing, and one that complements Vaporeon's gameplan more. Toxic is 100% accurate now, Flip Turn still (mostly) works as it did before, and Vaporeon becomes a capable switch-in to Fighting- and Grass-types. However, this comes with being helpless against Steel-types.
Final thoughts: Nothing incredible, but still pretty good.

:Jolteon: LT is
. Although Jolteon now needs Heavy-Duty Boots to not lose a quarter of its health from Rocks, Flying is a powerful offensive typing, even if it'd be better with more coverage than Jolteon has. With proper team support, Jolteon could probably run an offensive item and make more aggressive use of Volt Absorb.
RT is
. Most of the same ideas of the LT form apply here, as well, although RT Jolteon has an easier time beating Dragon- and Ground-types, with the downside of not being able to take on Water-types easily. This changes if you choose not to twist, however.
Final thoughts: Mono Electric-types get pretty lucky as far as twisting goes.

:Flareon: LT is
. By Left Twisting, Flareon is now the only Grass-type in the metagame with Guts, which helps to carve out a niche for itself. This is not helped out much by its sparse move-pool, though. Flash Fire takes away one of Flareon's weaknesses, in exchange for Flareon not having Fire-type moves anymore.
RT is
. Similar to its LT form, RT Flareon can run Flame Orb to activate Guts due to not being a Fire-type anymore. Iron Tail does get some use to hit Fairies now, but that's about it.
Final thoughts: Not quite sure how good this will be, but it's interesting.

:Omastar: LT is
. With LT Omastar's only special Dragon move being Ancient Power, it's relegated to being more of a defensive type, something it does fairly well. This also leaves Omastar's sole STAB type as Fire, and Fire/Ground/Ice coverage is nothing short of amazing. Aside from this, it just does normal Omastar things.
RT is
. In most respects, Omastar's defensive typing is even better now, making it easier to set up Shell Smash. Poison/Ground/Ice coverage, while not as good as Fire, is still quite good. More than ever, though, Omastar needs to watch out for Ground-types or else run Air Balloon.
Final thoughts: Two excellent defensive types give Omastar plenty of set-up opportunities.

:Kabutops: LT is
. Rapid Spin's buff makes it an excellent choice for Kabutops to remove hazards, get a Speed boost, and use its good offensive typing to tear holes in teams. Kabutops' Rock STAB becoming Dragon means it's only useful either against other Dragons or whatever resists its other STAB, though.
RT is
. With its new excellent defensive typing, defensive sets are suddenly not out of the question for RT Kabutops, especially given its access to Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. Such sets, however, are likely done better by other Pokemon.
Final thoughts: I feel that this is a testament to how Dragon STAB has been cheapened over the years.

:Aerodactyl: LT is
. For one thing, it's fitting that Aerodactyl received Dragon Dance this generation and is now a Dragon-type. For another, it's telling that Dragon Claw is now a more reliable Rock-type move than actual Rock-type moves are. Dual Wingbeat is also serviceable as a second STAB move, and Earthquake along with it gives Aerodactyl good neutral coverage on its own.
RT is
. This reminds me of Excadrill a bit; both have hazards and hazard removal, and both have an excellent type combination. RT Aerodactyl is now also the fastest Steel-type in the metagame, which aids both setting up hazards and Iron Head's 100% flinch chance.
Final thoughts: Nothing insane, but still good.

:Snorlax: LT is
. While Poison is still a lackluster offensive typing, Snorlax greatly appreciates having actual non-Thick Fat resistances, especially to Fighting-type moves.
RT is
. This is actually a significant downgrade from both of Snorlax's other forms, since Curse no longer works as a boosting move. Power-Up Punch is still usable, but it's no real replacement.
Final thoughts: This is likely the best Normal-type LT user.

:Articuno: LT is
. Honestly, it's kind of hard to see a great niche for this. While LT Articuno's Special Defense skyrockets in sand and it appreciates not being weak to Rocks anymore, its many weaknesses prevent it from taking full advantage of its high defenses.
RT is
. This is more like it. RT Articuno doesn't necessarily need Boots to Defog away hazards, but its mono-attacking sets become worse, since Electric and Ground both have immunities.
Final thoughts: Flying-types also benefit quite a bit by not being weak to Rocks anymore.

Last edited:
Hey, it's good to see someone revive this!

Since I don't have much to do in COVID and I thought it might be fun, I'm going to give my thoughts on the entirety of the National Dex's typing changes (really just final evolutions, with some NFEs like Scyther and Porygon2 thrown in there since they're quite a bit different from their evos). This will be edited later/more posts will be made to include more 'mons, since doing them all in a single go is flat-out impossible. That being said, let's go!

:Venusaur: LT is
. This makes Grass-type moves, like Leaf Storm and Solar Beam in sun, Rock-typed. Seeing as Rock resists Fire, sun's boosted type, it'll probably be a good fit on more Fire-weak sun teams. A secondary Bug typing doesn't do much, but it does lets it hit Grass-types more effectively.
RT is
. In sun, this is the premier Water killer, and Sludge Bomb becoming Grass-type means it still has options against Ground-types.
Final thoughts: Keeps its niche, which is pretty cool.

:Charizard: LT is
. While it's a bit weaker in Sun, Charizard really appreciates not losing 50% of its HP to Stealth Rock if it isn't running Boots. Grass/Rock is also a pretty neat typing on both the offensive and defensive ends, with the only type that resists both--Steel--being bopped by Scorching Sands.
RT is
. Speaking of not being weak to Rocks, RT Charizard takes a whopping 3% from them. Unfortunately, it gets hard walled by Bug- and Flying-types if it doesn't have Rock Slide, and Fighting/Ground, while good offensively, is a bit of a redundant STAB combination.
Final thoughts: Arceus still won't let it be a Dragon.

:Blastoise: LT is
. While its defensive hazard removal sets are worse, Shell Smash sets definitely have potential due to effectively having Fire Blast as STAB and Ice/Ground coverage in Ice Beam and Earthquake.
RT is
. With Poison typing, RT Blastoise is practically an inversion from its LT form--its Shell Smash set isn't as strong, but its hazard control sets are more effective, considering that RT Blastoise absorbs Toxic Spikes anyway.
Final thoughts: The duality of its new typings is an interesting surprise.

:Butterfree: LT is
. Has its old niche in Compound Eyes Sleep Powder, but has a significantly better offensive typing to work with in that regard. Not needing Boots as much helps matters, too.
RT is
. The same principle from the LT form applies here, too, but Butterfree is now resistant to Rocks and a Ground-type Hurricane sounds terrifying.
Final thoughts: man i don't remember this early game bug

:Beedrill: LT is
. Not a drastic change from its base form, which was basically only good with its Mega. Water/Bug is an interesting type combination, though.
RT is
. It's sort of a better suicide lead in that more weaknesses make it die faster, but Psychic/Grass is not a particularly powerful type combo. It also gets blown up by U-turn now.
Final thoughts: Still kinda sucks.

:Pidgeot: LT is
. Oh man, speaking of 'mons whose Mega made them good, here's Pidgeot. While Poison/Rock is an interesting typing, having only been seen on Nihilego, Pidgeot has nowhere near the offensive capabilities of Nihilego, and thus gets forced out by just about anything that takes a hit or outspeeds it.
RT is
. While Ghost/Ground is a great offensive typing, Pidgeot isn't a great offensive Pokemon, and having Defog doesn't do that much to help it stand out against other Flying-types who can do it better.
Final thoughts: Really wishes Mega Stones were still in.

:Raticate: LT is
. Doesn't really do much to help with Raticate's lackluster offensive presence, but hey, it's got a good defensive typing now.
RT is
. This sort of has potential to be good, since Return makes up for lack of Poltergeist. However, it doesn't help Raticate be a less mediocre Pokemon.
Final thoughts: Still the top percentage. Or is that a Rattata exclusive?

:Raticate-Alola: LT is
. It's kind of bizarre to see this used on a more physically offensive Pokemon, considering Gengar is the only comparison to draw. Further considering that Poison/Ghost is a pretty good defensive typing, maybe this could see use as a bulky pivot in lower tiers?
RT is
. This could be interesting, seeing as this is the typing of Mimikyu, a powerful presence in higher tiers. Even with Swords Dance, though, it doesn't have the free set-up turn that made Mimikyu so great.
Final thoughts: The top percentage, but Hawaiian instead.

:Fearow: LT is
, while RT is
. Pretty much everything I said about Pidgeot applies here.
Final thoughts: At least Pidgeot has Brave Bird.

:Arbok: LT is
. Although Coil is still a good move, Bug is a worse defensive typing overall than Poison is, and it's not much better as an offensive typing, either.
RT is
. Grass, likewise, is neither a good defensive or offensive typing. Intimidate does help put a stop to Electric- and Ground-types without coverage to hit it, though.
Final thoughts: Not great, but could be worse.

:Raichu: LT is
. This is quite the interesting turn, seeing as how Ground-types can't block your STAB moves anymore. On top of this, Focus Blast is an even better coverage move now and Lightning Rod takes away one of LT Raichu's weaknesses.
RT is
. Ground-types do an even worse job of stopping you from getting momentum, and Ice is arguably an even stronger offensive typing. It's considerably worse defensively, though, and neither form likes needing Boots to not take 25% from Stealth Rock.
Final thoughts: Honestly, there's a lot of potential here. I like this.

:Raichu-Alola: LT is
. Really, the Alolan form here is pretty much a direct downgrade: while it does have slightly more power and a secondary Dark typing to mess with some stuff Kantonian Raichu couldn't, Surge Surfer doesn't benefit it as much anymore and losing Lightning Rod means it doesn't have the switch-in opportunities Kantonian Raichu has.
RT is
. Gotta strap on some boots, man. That's all I have to say. Getting a Nasty Plot boost makes you really dangerous to deal with, but Ice/Bug is such an awful defensive typing, and Raichu has so little bulk, that it can be hard to make use of.
Final thoughts: I really don't like that this is inferior to the base form.

:Sandslash: LT is
. It still resists Rocks, it can Rapid Spin them away, it can set its own hazards, and it still lays down the hurt on (most) Rock- and Steel-types. Knock Off deals with Ghosts, but it retains most of its problem spots from the past.
RT is
. This is mostly just an inferior Alolaslash, as it doesn't have the extra utility that Alolaslash's Steel typing gives it and it's weak to hazards now. Ice is a good offensive typing, but there's better Ground-types to use in that case.
Final thoughts: It's okay, but it probably won't see much use of the twist mechanic.

:Sandslash-Alola: LT is
. This will likely be useful for typing mindgames, since it resists its untwisted form's 4x weaknesses. As we've seen from the Lati twins over the years, Psychic/Dragon is also a nice offensive typing if it wants to go down that route, especially with Slush Rush intact.
RT is
. This is where things get really interesting. Heliolisk has already shown that Electric/Normal is a good offensive typing, but Alolaslash takes a very different approach by being a physical attacker rather than a special attacker. Slush Rush helps out a lot in this regard, as Electric/Normal isn't as good a defensive typing as Ice/Steel. Granted, its only coverage for Ground-types now is Aqua Tail.
Final thoughts: Quite a bit better than I thought it would be.

:Nidoqueen: LT is
. Sludge Wave and Earth Power, combined with Sheer Force, are still strong, no-nonsense STAB moves, but now you can run Focus Blast to nuke things if you want. Its STAB combination now mandates Ice Beam to not lose to Flying-types, though.
RT is
. The same STAB moves apply, but Earth Power can't do much to Fire- and Steel-types anymore. Grass/Ice is also a horrible defensive typing, so you have to play carefully with it.
Final thoughts: Still good for the same reasons Nidoqueen was already good.

:Nidoking: LT is
, while RT is
. What I said about Nidoqueen applies here, too.
Final thoughts: Mostly the same as Nidoqueen, but faster, stronger, and more frail.

:Clefable: LT is
. Clefable ditches its Fairy typing for another excellent defensive typing, complete with retaining its niche in WishPort. In general, defensive sets benefit a lot from twisting left. Calm Mind sets will likely still be good, too, since Clefable can be tough to break through without sufficient coverage.
RT is
. In contrast with LT, Clefable's RT form is more suited to offensive sets, thanks to Ground being an offensive monster of a typing. An Electric immunity is nice as well, providing switch-in opportunities to set up or break through things.
Final thoughts: Clefable already had a lot of general utility, and both twists being viable certainly doesn't hurt.

:Ninetales: LT is
. Since Stitch got his Special Twist for Ninetales in, I'll discuss that. Chlorophyll on a sun setter is pretty great, but it either has to use its turns incredibly well or run Heat Rock in its base form. When it's in sun, Solar Beam seems like the way to go, with Weather Ball for coverage.
RT is
. With RT Ninetales having No Guard, it can now run things like Hypnosis or Inferno effectively. Setting up can be deadly with your increased power and speed, but it's also dangerous because of your decreased bulk.
Final thoughts: Special Twists are a fun idea, and I hope to see more of them once this becomes playable.

:Ninetales-Alola: LT is
. While it takes damage from its own Hail, a Psychic-type Blizzard is interesting. Moonblast also becomes Water-type, and it still has Ice-type coverage in Weather Ball. It's considerably worse at beating Dark-types, though.
RT is
. Hail still damages it, but it's able to put its offensive typing to use with what is effectively Thunder, but for Hail instead. Moonblast beats other Electric-types, while Weather Ball hits Grass-types super effectively.
Final thoughts: One of a handful of auto-weather setters that came out of the twists relatively intact.
just a clarification, return is gone in gen8 I forgot all moves were back in National Dex formats, my bad. raticate though has some potential as a wallbreaker with ghost type facade, guts and a flame orb.

nothing too great of course

Last edited:
just a clarification, return is gone in gen8. raticate though has some potential as a wallbreaker with ghost type facade, guts and a flame orb.

nothing too great of course
I thought Return, Hidden Power, and the rest of the cut moves were back in the National Dex format? Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, I totally forgot about Facade. I don't think it'll make Raticate much better, but it's absolutely worth mentioning.

Yo Stitch, when will the new slate be up? Or will this not involve them anymore?
I wanted the metagame to be tested a bit first, we should organize a tournament at least before seeing what are the threats and how can we counter or check them. I wanted to finish exams before (and you'll have to wait July 25th for that) since DH isn't continuously on so we should see with Scoopapa when he can be on for the duration of the tour.
Do you think we need another slate now in the meantime?
The mechanic this meta introduces was thought to put each Pokémon on the same level (kinda like Dynamax), so I didn't want to introduce too many specific forms, but if you think we should continue adding Special Twists, I'll open another slate. I see that there can be some Pokémon that don't benefit very much from their Twisted form, for example the ones that summon Hail or Sandstorm as someone already noticed, so covering those would be a good idea.
Let's make a poll :)

Last edited:
I really hope the first option wins the poll, because I wouldn't mind another slate to fix the meta a bit, with the additions of pokemon that can kinda reliably trap strong threats in case they become too much to bear for a team (for example a special twist of Stunfisk-Galar could achieve this feat due to its signature move snap trap), or some revenge killers just to make sure that no Sweeper Pokemon can be banworthy because of it being too dominant

Hi everybody!
So, the people have expressed their will, and thus we'll have another free slate.
You're free to submit up to 4 couples of Special Twists, under-UUBL Pokémon are appreciated, but not mandatory.
:ss/pokemonname:
Pokémon: Pokémon's name
Twisted Typing: (Left Twisted Typing) / (Right Twisted Typing)
New Ability: (try to keep balance; new abilities are not allowed, except if they are clones of already existing ones)
New Stats (Left): HP / ATK / DEF / SPA / SPD / SPE (stat changes)
New Stats (Right): HP / ATK / DEF / SPA / SPD / SPE (stat changes)
Flavour/Design (optional): How do the twisted forms look?
Competitive Niche: Why do we need these forms?
I also wanna mention that Sableye, Swellow and Ninetales have already a Special Twist form.

Yo Stitch, when will the new slate be up? Or will this not involve them anymore?
I really hope the first option wins the poll, because I wouldn't mind another slate to fix the meta a bit, with the additions of pokemon that can kinda reliably trap strong threats in case they become too much to bear for a team (for example a special twist of Stunfisk-Galar could achieve this feat due to its signature move snap trap), or some revenge killers just to make sure that no Sweeper Pokemon can be banworthy because of it being too dominant
So where are your subs?

Btw, here's mine:

:ss/decidueye:
Pokémon: Decidueye
Twisted Typing:
/

New Ability: Fluffy / Motor Drive
New Stats (Left): 78 / 137 / 95 / 70 / 80 / 70 (+30 Atk, + 20 Def, - 30 SpA, -20 SpD)
New Stats (Right): 78 / 125 / 75 / 82 / 70 / 100 (+18 Atk, -18 SpA, -30 SpD, +30 Spe)
Flavour/Design (optional): Right twisted is yellow and has fuzzy plumage, the other one is immersed into feathers.
Competitive Niche: Decidueye hasn't had the right justice, so I'll try to make it spark with two offensive forms. One is intended to counter physical attackers of resisted types, the other one aims to sweep in late game, using Flying STABs to inflict some good damage

Last edited:
Sorry, I just started college and my schedule has been pretty crazy especially since COVID is making everything wack.

Pokémon: Crustle
Twisted Typing:
(Left) /
(Right)
New Ability: Mold Breaker (Left) / Bulletproof (Right)
New Stats (Left): 70 / 115 / 115 / 35 / 75 / 75
(0/+10/-10/-30/0/+30)
New Stats (Right): 70 / 105 / 135 / 35 / 105 / 35 (0/0/+10/-30/+30/-10)
Flavour/Design (optional): Left form is colored blue with bigger, sharper claws and its rock shell is replaced to a normal one covered in dragon scales. Right form is colored a metallic gray and it’s shell is now a block of iron. It’s eyes, however, are a pink hue.
Competitive Niche: Left form serves as a powerful sweeper that is not stopped by abilities like Unaware, Water Absorb, or Sturdy. Right form serves as a great counter to Psychics who use Focus Blast as coverage, as well as Gengar.

Last edited:
Sorry, I just started college and my schedule has been pretty crazy especially since COVID is making everything wack.

Pokémon: Crustle
Twisted Typing:
(Left) /
(Right)
New Ability: Mold Breaker (Left) / Bulletproof (Right)
New Stats (Left): 80 / 115 / 115 / 35 / 75 / 65
(+10/+10/-10/-30/0/+20)
New Stats (Right): 90 / 100 / 135 / 35 / 90 / 35 (+20/-5/+10/-30/+15/-10)
Flavour/Design (optional): Left form is colored blue with bigger, sharper claws and its rock shell is replaced to a normal one covered in dragon scales. Right form is colored a metallic gray and it’s shell is now a block of iron. It’s eyes, however, are a pink hue.
Competitive Niche: Left form serves as a powerful sweeper that is not stopped by abilities like Unaware, Water Absorb, or Sturdy. Right form serves as a great counter to Psychics who use Focus Blast as coverage, as well as Gengar.
This is cool, but HP can't be changed, so you might want to fix that.

And here's my subs, two reposts and two new ones (coming soon).

Pokémon: Abomasnow
Twisted Typing:
/

New Ability: Rock Head / Electric Surge
New Stats (Left): 90 / 122 / 85 / 72 / 85 / 40 (+0 HP, +30 Atk, +10 Def, -20 SpA, +0 SpD, -20 Spe)
New Stats (Right): 90 / 62 / 70 / 112 / 70 / 90 (+0 HP, -30 Atk, -5 Def, +20 SpA, -15 SpD, +30 Spe)
Flavour/Design (optional): Left Abomasnow is significantly rockier, now looking as if it is part of a mountain itself. When it focuses, shards of rocks float around it in an asteroid belt-esque formation. Right Abomasnow has a much wilder pelt, with static electricity crackling throughout it.
Competitive Niche: While both forms would likely only see use in lower tiers, I tried my best to make the forms distinct from each other, and I think I succeeded. LT Abomasnow is a physical wallbreaker, not new for a Rock-type, but boy, it sure does its job. With Wood Hammer's type change, it is now the only perfectly accurate Rock-type physical move with a BP higher than 50. Rock Head lets Abomasnow abuse it to the fullest, hitting hard without the detrimental recoil Wood Hammer would have otherwise. Slap a Choice Band on it, and watch as it 2HKOs everything but the bulkiest of physical walls. Ice Punch provides Psychic STAB if you ever need it, and Ice Shard can pick off weakened foes; just watch out for Dark-types. To round out its coverage, it also gets Earthquake. Its bulk is still only decent, and its low Speed can hold it back, but its power honestly speaks for itself. Notable teammates include Keldeo, who helps dismantle defensive cores, takes out Ground- and Dark-types, and appreciates LT Aboma threatening Toxapex and tearing holes in the opposing team that it can clean up later, and Ferrothorn, who has good defensive type synergy with LT Aboma--in particular, LT Aboma resists Ferro's 4x weakness to Fire. In addition, Ferro can set entry hazards for LT Aboma, making it easier for it to score important KOs.

RT Abomasnow, on the other hand, is a powerful special attacker. Electric Surge powers up Abomasnow's STAB moves and can potentially provide a bit of team support, as well--while preventing sleep is niche utility, it can be handy to have sometimes. Like Abomasnow's Left Twist form, it can run potent Choice sets; unlike LT, it can also choose to go Scarf to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame and act as a serviceable revenge killer. Even without a boosting item, Sparkling Leaf Storm in Electric Terrain can punch some holes into anything not resistant to Electric. Giga Drain also becomes boosted by Electric Terrain, and is a good way to restore some lost HP. RT Aboma's flaws, however, also deserve a mention. Its Speed tier is exploitable if it isn't running Scarf, and the lack of Volt Switch, a common move Electric-types carry, means you can be forced to give up momentum where other Electric-types could keep it. By Right Twisting, Abomasnow actually gets worse bulk, and Aboma already wasn't a shining example of taking hits. What's worse, though, is that it doesn't have STABs left over for Ground-types--both its types, Grass and Ice, become Electric when it twists. Because of this, unless they have very poor Special Defense or a secondary typing you can exploit, RT Aboma can become dead weight against them. Note, however, that non-twisted Abomasnow has a much easier time against them. Notable teammates include Alolan Raichu, who benefits from Electric Surge like few other Pokemon can thanks to Surge Surfer and has actual coverage to deal with Ground-types, and Hawlucha, whose tried-and-true Terrain Seed + Unburden combo can help it set up Swords Dance and sweep teams.

Pokémon: Kingdra
Twisted Typing:
/

New Ability: Flash Fire / Dry Skin
New Stats (Left): 75 / 65 / 85 / 115 / 85 / 115 (+0 HP, -30 Atk, -10 Def, +20 SpA, -10 SpD, +30 Spe)
New Stats (Right): 75 / 75 / 115 / 95 / 115 / 65 (+0 HP, -20 Atk, +20 Def, +0 SpA, +20 SpD, -20 Spe)
Flavour/Design (optional): Left Kingdra is orange-colored, with bright, multi-colored racing stripes and fiery streamers extending from its head spines. Right Kingdra is reddish-purple-colored, as if sunburnt, with a drooping, overheated expression.
Competitive Niche: Like with Twisted Abomasnow, I made Kingdra's Twisted forms with two different roles in mind. Unlike last time, however, Kingdra now gets Flip Turn, which gives valuable momentum to both forms. LT Kingdra is a powerful Choice user, being able to use both Specs and Scarf effectively. Fire/Fairy is a great offensive typing, and Draco Meteor benefits from having nothing be immune to it anymore. Usual Fairy-type switch-ins aren't safe either, as a Blazing Hydro Pump or Surf, especially off the Specs set, hits very hard. Flash Fire is handy for absorbing Fire-type moves; this is one of the only ways LT Kingdra can switch in outside of safe switches and 4x resisted moves. LT Kingdra has significant weaknesses, though. While its Fire typing lends it great offensive power, it also gives it a weakness to all forms of entry hazards, particularly Stealth Rock. LT Kingdra is also prone to getting worn down throughout the match, and its decreased bulk only adds to this. Lastly, LT Kingdra has very few options to hit opposing Fire-types, having to resort to Hidden Power as a result. Notable teammates include Ferrothorn, who has even better defensive synergy with LT Kingdra than with LT Abomasnow, deals with Water-types better, and sets hazards, and Garchomp, who also has good synergy with LT Kingdra, can also set up Stealth Rock, and breaks through Fire-types with Earthquake.

RT Kingdra goes for a different route entirely, being a defensive menace with an excellent defensive typing. With Dry Skin, RT Kingdra completely walls Water-types without a Ground-type move in tow, such as Azumarill and Keldeo. I was heavily inspired by CAP's Mollux when I made this, and while it doesn't have Mollux's wide move-pool or good Special Attack, it has better physical bulk, a Poison-type Scald, and Clear Smog to stop set-up attackers. However, RT Kingdra has its fair share of problems, too. Most of its attacks are Poison-type, leaving it powerless against Steel-types if it doesn't run Dragon Pulse, which is negatively impacted by rain as a Fire-type move. RT Kingdra also has a lot of trouble versus Ground-types, as well, since they now resist Scald--although most of them still don't like getting burned--and smack it with a 4x effective Earthquake. Notable teammates include Pelipper, who provides rain support for RT Kingdra, removes hazards with Defog, is immune to Ground-type moves, and is one of RT Kingdra's best teammates in general, and Hydreigon, who is also immune to Ground-type moves by way of Levitate, has excellent defensive synergy with RT Kingdra, and appreciates RT Kingdra dealing with Fairy-types in particular.

Pokémon: Toxicroak
Twisted Typing:
/

New Ability: Bulletproof / Defiant
New Stats (Left): 83/106/80/66/80/75 (+0 HP, +0 Atk, +15 Def, -20 SpA, +15 SpD, -10 Spe)
New Stats (Right): 83/126/60/56/60/105 (+0, +20 Atk, -5 Def, -30 SpA, -5 SpD, +20 Spe)
Flavour/Design (optional): LT Toxicroak has steely, fly-like armor. RT Toxicroak has a more menacing, shinobi-like appearance, with leaf blades on its hands.
Competitive Niche: LT Toxicroak was changed to not only have switch-in opportunities against many common moves, but to also have more bulk to deal with those Pokemon's coverage moves. Bulletproof gives it immunity to Pyro Ball from Cinderace, Weather Ball from common Chlorophyll abusers such as Venusaur, and immunity to nearly anything Gengar can throw at it save for Hex. Bug/Steel is also an exceptional defensive typing, only being weak to Fire and having several key resistances in Fairy, Steel, and Ice, along with a 4x resistance to Grass. With its improved defensive stats, LT Toxicroak can run an effective defensive set on either side of the spectrum: physically defensive sets deal with Cinderace, Excadrill, Rillaboom, and the like, and specially defensive sets can take on Pokemon like Greninja and Magearna. LT Toxicroak can also be an excellent stallbreaker with Taunt and Swords Dance, with its higher defenses making it easier to take weaker hits. More offensively-oriented sets are possible as well: max Attack Swords Dance sets will hurt a lot. LT Toxicroak has its shortcomings, however. If it isn't running defensive investment, 83/80/80 stats are not particularly good, and Fire-types not named Cinderace can force it out with their 4x effective STAB moves. Losing Speed to boost its defenses isn't exactly ideal, either, although it's still fast enough to deal with most walls. Its Attack is also lackluster without boosts, especially if it's not running Attack investment. Notable teammates include Heatran, who is immune to Fire, can set Stealth Rock, and status opposing Pokemon so LT Toxicroak can tank hits more easily, and Clefable, who has decent defensive synergy with LT Toxicroak and can keep it healthy by passing Wishes.

RT Toxicroak, on the other hand, is a full-on offensive threat. STAB Knock Off and STAB Sucker Punch benefit Toxicroak immensely, and having Grass STAB over Poison helps it beat Ground-types more easily. Defiant lessens Toxicroak's reliance on Swords Dance to hit hard, and lets it switch in on Defog and arguably benefit from Sticky Web. RT Toxicroak's increased Speed also makes its Choice Scarf sets more effective. There isn't really much to say here, because it's just so simple at the core of it. RT Toxicroak has problems of its own, though; Grass/Dark, while having some noteworthy resistances, has seven weaknesses to very common attacking types, including a 4x weakness to Bug. Because of this, and of U-turn being so prevalent, RT Toxicroak can be forced out by common threats, although Sucker Punch can help alleviate this. RT Toxicroak is also even more squishy than regular Toxicroak, so it can barely take resisted hits well. I'll expand on this section more when I have time.

Last edited:
:ss/azelf:
Pokémon: Azelf-Twisted
Twisted Typing:
/

New Ability: Magic Guard
New Stats (Left): 75 / 125 / 80 / 115 / 80 / 105 (+10 Def, -10 SpA, +10 SpD, -10 Spe)
New Stats (Right): 75 / 125 / 60 / 145 / 60 / 115 (+20 SpA, -10 Def, -10 SpD)
Flavour/Design (optional): Dark has a dark aura, like a Shadow Pokemon, but more sinister. Bug has insect wings and fly eyes.
Competitive Niche: Left Twist can use Knock Off and survive a hit, two things that usual Azelf cannot do. Right Twist will be the greatest pivot in the metagame, and will not utilize its 145 SpA STAB to great effect, opting instead for coverage.

So, I wanted to get as many subs as possible, but it seems like this Pet Mod doesn't stimultate creativity very much.
Just to be fair, Submission Phase will be over in 24 hrs. Get your subs refined or slide in with your last-minute ideas, now it's the time.

Last edited:
Hmm you wanted more subs, alright I'll bite.

Pokémon: Kommo-o
Twisted Typing: Steel/Fairy | Fire/Dark
New Ability: Filter(Left) | Flash Fire(Right)
New Stats (Left): 75 / 100 / 125 / 110 / 125 / 65 (-10 Attack, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, -20 Speed)
New Stats (Right): 75 / 110 / 95 / 120 / 95 / 105 (-30 Defense, +20 Special Attack, -10 Special Defense, +20 Speed)
Competitive Niche: They become interesting pivots. With the left twist becoming the best defensive type and having less damage be dealt by super effective moves, it could virtually tank anything. Meanwhile on the right twist if something is coming at you with a spicy meat ball you can switch in, power up your own fire type moves, and release the heat!

:ss/kabutops:
Pokémon: Kabutops
Twisted Typing: Dragon/Fire | Steel/Poison
New Ability: Technician(Left) | Heatproof(Right)
New Stats (Left): 65 / 125 / 105 / 45 / 80 / 110 (+10 Attack, -30 Defense, -20 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +30 speed)
New Stats (Right): 65 / 100 / 130 / 35 / 90 / 80 (-15 Attack, +25 Defense, -30 Special Attack, +20 Special Defnse)
Competitive Niche: The left form is for a nice physical sweeper that has STAB power boosted priority among other things. The right form is for an odd speedy wall that can remove toxic spikes, and tank a fair amount of attacks.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
true imao
Welcome to Smogon! This thread's been inactive for a while now, and it's against this subforum's rules to post in threads where nobody else is. In addition, simple one-line posts like this are also not allowed under most circumstances. I'd like to suggest you check out our Gen 9 forums, but make sure you read over the rules there first.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)