Trying to find damage modifier

Okay, so I am trying to make my own custom Showdown server with Legends Arceus additions, and am trying to add in Frostbite and Drowziness. However, I cannot find the string within battle.ts that contains the damage modifier from burn. Could anyone help me out with finding that string?

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
The effect of burn damage is in pokemon-showdown/data/conditions.ts

You can see the constant in line 17: this.damage(pokemon.baseMaxhp / 16);

If you want to change it for a specific format you can go to pokemon-showdown/data/mods/FORMAT_NAME/conditions.ts

If you ever want to find something like this in the future a quick and dirty way is to use github's search feature. Just go to the repo in your browser, type in what you want to look for in the search bar, and click "in this repository". I hope the answer I gave is helpful (and I hope it's correct haha).

The effect of burn damage is in pokemon-showdown/data/conditions.ts

You can see the constant in line 17: this.damage(pokemon.baseMaxhp / 16);

If you want to change it for a specific format you can go to pokemon-showdown/data/mods/FORMAT_NAME/conditions.ts

If you ever want to find something like this in the future a quick and dirty way is to use github's search feature. Just go to the repo in your browser, type in what you want to look for in the search bar, and click "in this repository". I hope the answer I gave is helpful (and I hope it's correct haha).
I think I did not properly phrase that. I mean the Attack-halving effect that Burn inflicts. I believe that's the chip damage that Burn inflicts.

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I think I did not properly phrase that. I mean the Attack-halving effect that Burn inflicts. I believe that's the chip damage that Burn inflicts.
Sorry for my bad reading comprehension

As far as I can tell what you're looking for is in pokemon-showdown/sim/battle-actions.ts at line 1702. Here's a link.

There's some more stuff related to halving attack in other gens and etc but this is hopefully sufficient for your needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: GW8
Sorry for my bad reading comprehension

As far as I can tell what you're looking for is in pokemon-showdown/sim/battle-actions.ts at line 1702. Here's a link.

There's some more stuff related to halving attack in other gens and etc but this is hopefully sufficient for your needs.
Thanks for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)