Troubles Running Shoddy Battle? READ Before Asking

You don't install shoddy. Shoddy is an executable game. It shows in in your program list for your convenience. Just download the program, and try again.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit OS and have the latest versions of jre and jdk
When i run shoddy battle i get the error Splash: recv failed.
I tried running:
javaws http://shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.php -Xnosplash
from the command line, disabling my comodo firewall and killing all related processes, but i still get the splash error. Any idea whats wrong?

i posted a while back, i have tried advance connecting, checking for trojans, disabling my firewall and trawling the entire internet but it still gives me the same connection timed out message.

any ideas?

I'm currently forced to use a crappy old computer...which has windows me on it, can't change that.
I tried to get shoddy battle to run on it, with no success so far, I installed java 5.0 (which seems to be the highest compatible version with windows me), and try to launch shoddy. The java launcher window comes up but after that, nothing happens, and it eventually closes by itself.
The search function returns nothing to cover help with windows me, but that is probably due to "me" being too short and getting ignored, don't know how to fix that.
So, is it possible to get shoddy battle to run on windows me with java 5.0?

(sorry, EXTREMELY noobish question coming up XD)
so, where do you clear the java cache? tried everything else...
and, if possible, please say it in dutch... i'm not too great in finding the right folders when i have to translate them... windows makes such a mess of things sometimes >_>

Alright, I keep getting an error message. I'll explain it the best I can as to what I'm doing.

I double click my Shoddy pika, then it loads up, nothing wrong so far. Well, when I go to connect to a server, it stops abit, then this error happens.

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: socket
at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URI.toURL(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.proxy.DeployProxySelector.connectFailed(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
at shoddybattleclient.ServerLink.connect(ServerLink.java:71)
at shoddybattleclient.ServerLink.<init>(ServerLink.java:64)
at shoddybattleclient.HumanClient.<init>(HumanClient.java:52)
at shoddybattleclient.WelcomeWindow.cmdConnectActionPerformed(WelcomeWindow.java:300)
at shoddybattleclient.WelcomeWindow.access$400(WelcomeWindow.java:26)
at shoddybattleclient.WelcomeWindow$3.actionPerformed(WelcomeWindow.java:130)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Does anyone know what is wrong with it? I've been able to play before this happened on this same computer, so I don't get it. :/ It's an XP to be clear about that.

And if it was answered before, please direct me to where, as I am clueless right now. D;

Edit; It also added after I closed it.
An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server:

Can't connect to SOCKS proxy:Connection timed out: connect

@AlterShift - Your java is trying to use a proxy, but cant connect. Try this:

1) Go to Control Panel -> Java
2) Click the Network Settings button
3) Select Direct Connection, and click OK a couple of times to exit

Then try running it.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you are running Windows 7
Go to Control Panel
At the top, select View By: Large Icons
Click on Java
In the Java Control Panel that pops up
You should see an option for Temporary Internet Files under the General tab
Click on Settings
Click on Delete Files

gahh it still doesnt work thanks for the clarification though

i'm still not sure what i can do, any sugestions?

it just says that i'm unable to launch the application, and the long script thing we were told not to post on the first page.

i'm running windows 7 by the way

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit OS and have the latest versions of jre and jdk
When i run shoddy battle i get the error Splash: recv failed.
I tried running:
javaws http://shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.php -Xnosplash
from the command line, disabling my comodo firewall and killing all related processes, but i still get the splash error. Any idea whats wrong?
I've tried everything people have suggested and I still get the screen Splash: recv failed and then the client won't load, which doesnt make sense because -Xnosplash that should skip the splash screen. Does no one know what to do?

Every time I open Shoddy a sign comes up and says "Unable to Launch the Application". If I re-download the program it will work for 2 days to a week before I goes back again. Now I can seem to access the Shoddy Battle site either. I'm not sure if its temporarily down If there's just a problem with my computer.

hi um my shoddy battle wont work. ive followed all the steps and it still wont show me my moves. i have a mac osx, i have uninstalled, reset java, reinstalled java, updated java. none of it has worked. sorry if this problem has already been corrected but i could really use some help

Okay, so I JUST got Shoddy to work on my computer, but now whenever I challenge someone and they accept, I get a message saying, "An error occurred while reading a message from the server: Connection reset. Disconnect from server? (Try again at least once.)"

WTF?

alright I'm trying and trying to login to smogon U's server, but for some reason I just can't. I don't get any messages. I haven't been banned as far as I know. It just ignores that I've pressed the login button/pressed enter. Smogon U is the only server giving me this issue! please I would really like to get on to the server!
So i downloaded shoddy, deleted my java cache, registered an account, made a team, reinstalled several times, but when i hit log in the button does nothing other than click, I just dont progress past the long in screen...any ideas? Quoted from Luxifer
I have the same problem as these people, the login button completely ignores me and it's really annoying! Can anybody help? By the way, I have a windows computer.

I've never battled on shoddy before.

Okay, I've been trying for the past two days, I've done everything that is listed on this page to get it working, and it still won't work. I'll take a screen shot or I'll copy everything that it says when I try to load it, so please, someone help! I'm running Windows 7 I might add! TT_TT

It says Unable To Load Application. And here are three pictures of what I get when I go into the details:

Code:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/Ace557/ShoddyError1.png

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/Ace557/ShoddyError2.png

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee41/Ace557/ShoddyError3.png

@Cloud557, & Zerofocus - Try reinstalling java. It might be something wrong with your java settings.

@Grape - You need to login faster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)