Troubles Running Shoddy Battle? READ Before Asking

@Calm Pokemaster: Do you have an internet connection when you are trying to access the servers? I have forgotten to do that before and when I turned the internet on it works just fine.

I just saw in the OP that if i put a small file, it won't help, is it the computer or something?? I don't care if you can't help, but at least know why i can't download it.

Basically when I try to put the hg/ss sprite folders on shoddy it says "unable to launch application"

Code:
InvalidArgumentException[ Invalid arguments supplied: {C:\Documents and Settings\the best\Desktop\frontnormal, C:\Documents and Settings\the best\Desktop\frontshiny, C:\Documents and Settings\the best\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\44\5b8a586c-44bb3100 }]
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have MAC OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and shoddy wont still work correctly for me. I've cleared cache, Java SE 6.0 is on top of the java list, but the screen is still strecthed. I've also reinstalled shoddy battle. What can I do?

Troubles

I cannot see the moves when i battle, nor can i switch pokemon there fore i cannot do anything - everything else works fine...

I changed the java script also as per the instructions, but it still has the same error - where i cannot see the moves...

Um, I was wondering if you could FIX the Java glitch? Sorry. I like Shoddy, but my laptop can't access Java Preferences cuz of the admins. I want to play Shoddy now...:-(

Okay, I want to play Shoddybattle for the first time in months. It worked for me a couple of months ago. However, I don't know what the problem is now. The application starts up okay, but apparently it wont update to the latest version. No servers show up and I cannot connect to Smogon's server manually either. Nothing pops up when I press New Team, though I can still edit my old teams. When I say it apparently doesn't update, I mean I can't find moves such as ExtremeSpeed on Dragonite, so I assume it hasn't updated to the new movesets yet.

Can anyone help me out? What do I need to do to fix this problem? How can I help you help me?

im having the same problem where every thing works fine but i am unable to see my moves or change pokemon. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

I have a different error, and I already checked.
When I run shoddybattle, the thing with colin and ben shows, but that's it.
Shoddy battle was running yesterday just fine. I also tried other java webstart programs, and they work fine. I also can't get to the regular shoddy battle site.

Is shoddybattle.com down or can i not access it right now? Because i recently tried to reinstall and now i can't even go onto the website to re-download it. I've also tried to download it from other sites but they dont let me download the right version.

Okay, I have looked through all of the posts and since I have not found an answer to this question, I will ask it: How come whenever I try to load Shoddy, it says: "Unable to launch application." Can someone please tell me how to fix this? It would be very much appreciated.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Documents and Settings\Zero\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\5\42c06805-281bc1e2-n\ShoddyHelper.dll: Invalid access to memory location
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at shoddybattleclient.FirstLaunch.initialiseLocalStorage(FirstLaunch.java:161)
at shoddybattleclient.WelcomeWindow.main(WelcomeWindow.java:331)
... 9 more

Can someone tell me why Shoddy won't work for me?
It always shows "Could not load our application" or something. <_<

Well, I tried to get on shoddy today and all of the servers except one originally would let me on, said connection problems, I cleared the Java Cache and re-installed shoddy, then 2 servers work. However Smogon, CAP, etc... all say connection error when I try to get on, I have never had this problem before.

Also, I am on Windows.

EDIT: I can still access team builder and such, it just won't let me log onto any server do to "connection issues" except: iPokemon (74.221.2.204:27682) and PokeBeach (shoddy.pokebeach.com:30000)

Okay, I have looked through all of the posts and since I have not found an answer to this question, I will ask it: How come whenever I try to load Shoddy, it says: "Unable to launch application." Can someone please tell me how to fix this? It would be very much appreciated.

Here is the problem that I have been experiencing during the last few months. I hope I can get the appropriated help here:

When I initialize Shoddy Battle I can choose and get in on any server without any problem. The situation comes when I've been fighting for a while; what happens is that my battle window gets partially frozen, I mean, I can get out of it by pressing the "close" button, but I can't lunch an attack after having chosen it, or even talk through the chat. So I have to close SB completely and open it again if I want to continue fighting, but it always gets to the same part after a few matches.

I have followed some of the stated suggestions in this thread (update Java, clear Java cache, checking for trojan) and none of them have proved to work for me.

I am really worried about this, and it isn't a new problem that I am experiencing, just that now that see I can't play like I would like to do, I get really frustrated and without a fair reason for understanding what's going on with this, the situation gets worse.

Thank you in advance!

I'm still unable to get on to Smogon U's Server. Once again there is no message, nothing, it just makes it to the welcome page then will not sign on to the server. I've tested a few other servers and it not just Smogon, but it does seem random... I've cleared the cache, reinstalled shoddy, reinstalled Java, Updated Java, everything. I'm getting quite frustrated. I haven't been on the server in what seems like a month.

Ok, my shoddy has been acting funny...that should be obvious since I'm posting here xD. Anyway, it was loading, but taking forever to do so. Then, when I would log on, it would take a little bit to even do that. When I finally get in, it works ok, but it gets a little laggy. Then I had some weird issue...it wouldn't let me leave my match right away(this is after it's over). It kept giving me the message(do you want to forfeit). Now, it's doing the same things except I can't even get past the log in screen. Please help...someone...anyone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that only made it worse apparently, hence me being stuck on the log in screen.

Edit: I just got in, but it immedately gave me the error message (you have lost connection, do you want to reconnect?).

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I am having a similar problem to flamewheeler. I click "connect" to smogon university and it just freezes.

Whereas the other servers like teamuber are working fine.

Shoddy has been working forever for me, but all of a sudden I get this message.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<jnlp
spec="1.0+"
codebase="http://shoddybattle.com/client/"
href="shoddybattle.jnlp">
<information>
<title>Shoddy Battle</title>
<vendor>Colin Fitzpatrick &amp; Benjamin Gwin</vendor>
<homepage href="http://shoddybattle.com" />
<description kind="short">An extensible Pokemon simulator</description>
<description>A pokemon simulator that is free as in freedom</description>
<shortcut online="true">
<desktop />
<menu />
</shortcut>
<icon href="http://shoddybattle.com/client/icon.gif" width="64" height="64" />
</information>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.4+" />
<j2se version="1.5+" />
<j2se version="1.6+" />
<jar href="ShoddyBattleClient.jar" />
<jar href="ShoddyBattle.jar" />
<jar href="PokemonSprites.jar" />
<jar href="swing-layout-1.0.2.jar" />
</resources>
<resources os="Windows" arch="x86">
<nativelib href="ShoddyHelper.jar" />
</resources>
<security>
<all-permissions />
</security>
<application-desc main-class="shoddybattleclient.WelcomeWindow">
<argument>sprites.PokemonSprite</argument>
<argument>http://shoddybattle.com/client/dpmovesets.db</argument>
</application-desc>
</jnlp>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)