Trick Room Team (First RMT)

Hi guys!
I'm Crimson975 and I would like you guys to rate my team.
I'm new to the forums and this is the only team I used on the simulator so far.
Tell me all threats and weaknesses of my team.
Anyway... Here's my team!

Mindtricks (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Def
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Surf
- Ice Beam
This is my my lead for the team. Slowbro can quickly set up Trick Room without getting OHKO'd. From there, I either stay with Slowbro and start special sweeping with Psychic, Surf,and Ice Beam or I can switch into either Metagross or Conkeldurr to start sweeping with physical-based attacks. I gave Slowbro lefties so that he can last long and with Regenerator, he is a great tank. He is my favorite Pokemon! He is just so good under Trick Room because he is Slowbro.

Crosspunch (Metagross) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
My first physical sweeper of the team is Metagross. He can take out almost everything except for Landorus-T, which my Conkeldurr can take care of. I gave Metagross Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt for STAB and Earthquake for more diversity. You guys might be surprised that I have Hammer Arm on Metagross but it actually works very well. Hammer Arm guarantees that I will get slower, which means faster in a Trick Room. The thing I'm most concerned about is his Life Orb because it takes a lot of his health down.

Angry Clown (Conkeldurr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
My second physical sweeper under the Trick Room influence is Conkeldurr. He is so strong with Iron Fist + Life Orb. Drain Punch is used for healing from Life Orb damage and STAB. The three tri-type punches are all used for diversity of moves, especially Ice Punch. You guys don't know how many times I OHKO'd Dragons with Ice Punch. I don't know if Fire Punch was a good choice on Conkeldurr because Mach Punch has +1 priority, which attacks first.

Jetclaws (Garchomp) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
My physical sweeper when Trick Room is not under effect. I can give Garchomp a Swords Dance and then start OKHO-ing everything in the Pokemon Universe. I didn't give Garchomp Outrage because of the confusion that follows it + I really need that Yache Berry for Ice-type coverage. Also, Garchomp is my main revenge/late-game killer. There were times when I had only him left and the opposing team had 4 'mons left. I start sweeping with Dragon Claw FTW. The reason I don't have Outrage is because I get confused in the end, which really sucks for Garchomp. Yache Berry is so much better than a Lum Berry anyway.

Savior (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 SDef / 252 HP / 36 Spd
Gentle Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
My Stealth Rock setter-upper and my special wall of the team. I know that I can set up Stealth Rocks. From there, I just start tanking with Giga Drain or Recovery. If he has a physical sweeper on, then I can U-Turn and switch into my sweepers. Without Celebi, I would have no entry hazards for residual damage.

Doomrush (Houndoom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Roar
My fast special sweeper of the team when Trick Room is not under influence. She doesn't have a huge purpose on my team but she is here for type-coverage. She can outspeed most Pokemon and attack with Flamethrower or Dark Pulse. If there is a Pokemon that she doesn't like, she can just scare them away with Roar.

Threats/Weaknesses
-Entry Hazards:Since I don't have a spinner on my team, these entry hazards are deadly.
Especially with a whirlwind Skarmory, I can be in big trouble. I got SUPER-TROLLED because of Whirlwind.

Last edited:
I love tick room teams :)

First of all the trick room sweepers like metagross and conkeldurr need to have his IV's to 0 and many trick room pokemons are in heaven with Brave nature, the goal of a trick room team is to attack under trick room other than that you are souless with garchomp and hondoom against weather teams, batton pass teams, u-volt teams etc. It looks a pretty standar team without weakness by stand alone but lacks sinergy other than metagross and conkeldurr under trick room, you may consider using reuniclus, if you are using conkeldurr with the elmental punches then you're playing on Pokebank OU so you have vicitni in the fire departament too, bronzong is a sucide leader option, i would suggest to keep slowbro out of the lead, cuz he can abuse trick room if other member team induces early, i have been using dragonite in my trick room team for a while and is giving me good results you may wanna try that too, he brings many things to the team with weakness policy and multiscale you will sweep under trick room with a phisical set and tank a lot but a lot of hits with HP and ATK EV's spreed (and roost of course).

Sorry For the late reply
What do you mean by 0 IV's? Do you mean 0 IV's in a single stat?
I want Slowbro as my lead because setting trick room as fast as possible is my goal.
Garchomp is my !PANIC! option and Celebi is my special tank and Houndoom is my baton pass stopper(roar).
Even though Reuniclus is good, I keep Slowbro because-
1) It is my favorite pokemon.
2) It can learn Ice Beam which destroys dragons.
If possible, tell me a good substitute for Houndoom, as he isn't all that helpful.

Yes, i mean 0 IV in speed stat, Bronzong is a good leader for a Trick room team, the main problem here is that this is not a Trick room team, this is some kind of coverage team with a Trick room combo on it and only Slowbro as abuser, in this team, Slowbro scream "Im the leader" and the lack of a Trick room user other than Slowbro make this hard to work, he need 1 turn to set up Trick room, so, Trick room has 4 turns left, if your rival wall Slowbro (he will) you have to send other pokemon and Trick room has 3 turns left, when those 3 turns ends you need to set another again, with Slowbro only, if Slowbro gets KO you only have Garchomp to sweep, so you need another Trick room user, Celebi can run it, Bronzong is a very good suicide leader, he can left the field with an Explosion in the worst escenario and gives you 3 turns of Trick room, has Gyro ball for STAB, also, Heatproof is very tricky, instead of Hondoom you can go for Victini he is a beast with V-create

I think I might use Dusknoir for Houndoom. Dusknoir
Dusknoir
1. He is slow
2. He can use trick room.
3. He isn't Psychic type.
4. He can tank
The problem is that I need a non-psychic type that can use trick room because if i use a psychic type, my team will be destroyed by dark types.
Even Dusknoir is weak to Dark types.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo, great team, always nice to see OTR around :] Don't have much time atm, I'll do a better rate later

First of all, as Mega_Lucario points out, your team isn't a dedicated trick room team; if you're gonna be using the strategy, you gotta fully commit to it, 'cuz OTR is one of those playstyles that if you're half-in and half-out, you'll end up with a sub-par team.

This essentially means you need more 'Mons to set up TR. While Slowbro isn't bad to set it up, you have to essentially waste a turn hard switching into another 'Mon. Here are some 'Mons to consider:

'Zong

Bronzong @ Life Orb / Normal Gem
Ability: Heatproof / Levitate
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Mega_Lucario mentioned this already, but the access to Boom lets you get your next 'Mon in without taking an attack, and 'Zong actually has a pretty decent attack stat to make use of it. You can use other moves like HP Ice, Trick, Dual Screens, and SR, but honestly if you're looking for a suicide lead, this might be the best one. Gyro Ball and EQ give good coverage. You can also give 'Zong a Macho Brace or something to increase Gyro Ball's power.

You're probably wondering why Heatproof is an option here - since 'Zong's a lead, you're not gonna be giving away any immediate signs that it isn't running Levitate, allowing you to bluff levitate and surprise your opponent. It sounds bad, but it works, especially since 'Zong's not supposed to stay alive for very long anyway.

Uxie

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn / Memento
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell / Memento

So many options, oml. Uxie lives Spex Latios's Draco Meteor, and LO Hydreigon's Dark Pulse, even with no investment in Sp. Def. He may seem to have bad speed for a Trick Room user, but this allows him to get the switch advantage on slower 'Mons inside Trick Room with U-Turn. Stuff's pretty self-explanitory, if you want a suicide lead Memento's the choice, but he can also support with SR, Heal Bell, and Dual Screens, making him a bulky pivot.

Low-level Suicide Leads

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Level: 1
EVs: 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spd
- Dragon Rage
- Spore
- Endeavor
- Trick Room

Solosis @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Level: 25
EVs: 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Night Shade
- Magic Coat
- Endeavor
- Trick Room

These guys are purely for setting up TR and mucking 1 of the opposing 'Mons at the same time. Solosis beats any 'Mon with a base 100 HP or less, fully invested, like Ttar. The main difference is Smeargle has more utility, but Solosis can function in sand.

Something else to consider is Magnezone:

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 92 Spd / 164 HP / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

One of my favorite 'Mons, it wrecks Skarm (just Volt Switch on it, then KO with Conk's Mach Punch), Ferro, Forre, and pretty much any standard hazard setter. Also beats Scizor, who can bypass TR with a strong Bullet Punch. You can run a Quiet nature and 0 IVs if you want, but this lets him outspeed Skarm with a little speed creep. He also resists Dark moves, which is a plus.

Another thing, if you're gonna use LO Conkeldurr with the elemental punches just use Sheer Force, it outdamages Iron Fist. Otherwise use Guts and Flame Orb, and go Drain | Payback | Mach | Stone Edge/Ice Punch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice :)!!!

I think I might switch out Crosspunch(Metagross) for Magnezone. The thing is, I really hate Choice Items. Oh well...
I might trade Celebi for one of the 3 lake guardians. Most likely Mesprit becasue it has the most even stats of all.

If your idea was to make a 'Trick Room', you have a good moment to review it.
Let's start with Trick Room setter: in my opinion the best setter in BW2 are Bronzong, Reuniclus and Victini (but also Smeargle lv1 or Celebi I do not mind).
Then you have to have someone who exploits the troom, who if not better than Conkeduur that thanks to his skill has good offensiveness or other pokemon that have a high coefficient offensive but that is not necessarily too slow (I remind you that just put a 0 in the IVS speed). Finally we have the same setter that exploit troom, a typical example is Victini or Reuniclus.
Said that we pass in the detail:

Bronzong @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball

Great lead troom setter , so you can remove the sr celebi and to free a slot useful . With this set , although standard but effective , you have the ability to set and , if you have low HP or kill strategy for personal or other reasons a pike , use Explosion that thanks to Norma Gem buying a good power easy to kill anyone .

(Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball/Hp[Fire]

You are referring to an ' excellent and comprehensive description of Smogon on Reuniclus within the Troom Team

While Trick Room is rarely deemed a viable strategy within the Overused tier, Reuniclus has all the tools it needs in order to use a Trick Room set well. Offensive teams that depend on their Speed to succeed tend to struggle against Reuniclus when it uses this set, and with a pathetic Speed stat of 58 with 0 IVs and a Quiet nature, everything in OU is outsped under Trick Room with the exception of Ferrothorn, who is incapable of dealing very much damage to Reuniclus. In addition, its ability prevents it from being worn down by weather, its own Life Orb, or a status, meaning that you have to survive its blows if you want to defeat it.

The ever tricky decision of Psychic or Psyshock applies here for the main STAB option. Generally, Psychic is the preferred option, as ironically many physical walls, such as Gliscor and Hippowdon, will be able to stall Reuniclus out of Trick Room turns since it doesn't have a strong enough special move to hit them with. However, Psyshock is still useful in order to get past Terrakion in sandstorm, as well as Gastrodon, Blissey and Chansey. Focus Blast is needed to hit Dark-types and Steel-types hard and hits Tyranitar, a Pokemon that can usually deal a lot of damage to Reuniclus, especially hard. Shadow Ball is the preferred option in the last slot, as it hits Latios, Latias, and Celebi harder than anything else Reuniclus has. However, outside of the rain, Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Jirachi hard, and it still hits Celebi relatively hard (just remember to set the Speed IV to 2). It also gives a reliable way to finish off Ferrothorn and Forretress as it will not miss, like Focus Blast often does.

Victini @ Charcoal
Trait: Victory Star
IVs: 0 spd
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Sunny Day
- Final Gambit
- V-create
- Trick Room

Finally with this Victini is your chance to "clean up the enemy camp" thanks to V-Create Charocoal + + Troom. In fact, as you well know, the speed does drop Vcreate therefore favors the use troom below and you remember that as a 180 bp then to imagine the end xD. Sunny Day serves to support even more Vcreate while final gambit has more or less the same functionality of Explosion-Zong. You can also opt for Fusion Bolt / Bolt strike> Sunny day here but I'll let you decide for yourself.

That said Troom to say that the team are great to play vs team that I have a good matchup even if they have to be alert to possible TaunterSetterLead as Custapmory and other taunter as Ggar or Gyara etc. ..

Sorry for the late reply...

Thanks a lot guys!

Using your help, I created a few different teams.

This is one I made myself
HTML:
Mindtricks (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SAtk / 24 Def
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Angry Clown (Conkeldurr) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

Jetclaws (Garchomp) (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Coinstealer (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Lady Pink (Mesprit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Shroompunch (Breloom) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
This team is based on what you guys recommended.
HTML:
Angry Clown (Conkeldurr) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

Jetclaws (Garchomp) (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Coinstealer (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Bronzong @ Normal Gem
Ability: Heatproof
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Multscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Eh, looks pretty good, can't really comment on it yet 'cuz I haven't tested 'em yet

I'll mainly comment on the second. 'Zone wants HP Fire > TWave so it can trapkill Scizor, Ferro and Forre, especially since you're running Spex. Also TWave is kinda counter-productive on a TR team. If you're using DClaw on SD Chomp you should go Dual Chop instead, lets you OHKO DNite through Multiscale at +2 and hit various Substitute 'Mons in exchange for 10% acc. Slap an LO on Slowbro, it wants to hit has hard as possible, and has Regenerator to make up for the residuals. DNite wants Ebelt, 'cuz you're running Quiet and don't wna to break your Multiscale after you attack. Honestly the only moves you're not always gonna be getting SE coverage on are Meteor (which hits hard enough) and ESpeed (which is just for picking off 'Mons). Though I'd say all the fire moves are kind of excessive on the team (especially FirePunch on Conk, use Mach/Rock Slide) since you have 'Zone, so Stone Edge or Aqua Tail could be nice on 'Chomp and you could turn DNite into some sort of Dragon Dancer.

Thanks

I'm gonna switch T-wave for HP fire on my Coinstealer(Magnezone).
I'm gonna try Dual Chop on my Jetclaws(Garchomp) but I still feel that Dragon Claw could be good.
As for Mindtricks(Slowbro) I will test the Life Orb.
For Angry Clown I will switch out fire punch for mach punch 'cuz priority is really helpful when Trick Room ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)