In Progress Translations

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
From the "read before posting" thread in this subforum:
Pokémon Showdown is a free and open source project that has many contributors who volunteer their time and skills to help make Pokémon Showdown the best and most complete online competitive Pokémon battling simulator. In their spare time, developers choose to work on whichever features or bugs they are interested in/view as important, and there is no easy way to enforce a certain roadmap/set of priorities on the people who choose to contribute (as awesome and inspiring as Zarel is, he cannot command people to work for him for free, and neither can you).
Also, as it says in the next paragraph:
As a result, the only way to you will be able to ensure a feature or suggestion gets implemented is to fork the code and add it yourself, or somehow convince someone with the skills to do it for you (just like you can’t force an RU main to main DPP OU if they don’t want to - we’re all just playing Pokémon on the internet for fun at the end of the day).
I understand the concern with this taking so long after it was already announced, but there's really no need to be rude about it. There are a lot of major features/changes/maintenance things that are worked on for PS every single day; it's frustrating to have to wait for the one or two that we might be particularly passionate about, but nothing of value is gained from taking jabs at anyone voluntarily putting their time into making all of these things happen. Just be patient :]

As a programmer myself, I came here to ask: how exactly should I go about helping with this? I feel like being able to play in other languages is one of the most basic and fundamental features of any game, and I failed to introduce many of my friends to PS mostly because of the language barrier, which is very frustrating.

I understand I could fork the code and implement the feature myself, and make a pull request after it. But since 4 years ago this feature was "halfway done", I was wondering if this code was already made public and I could continue from where it was left.

Asking this so I could potentially save some work having to do the whole thing from scratch. Or even worse, having it rejected because they already had the functionality almost finished. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)