Tournament Tours Plaza Premiere IV : Finals [Won by Absolposters]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daki

is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
1664168487048.png

Welcome to the fourth edition of the TOURS PLAZA PREMIER. For this edition, the tournament will be composed of 8 teams of 8 players and a minimum of 3 subs that will compete in a straight round-robin tournament, and every team will get to play against every other team. At the end of the round robin, the top four teams will move on to our series semi-finals, where the #1 seed will take on the #4 seed, and #2 will take on the #3 seed, to determine our grand finalists. A win will be worth 2 points, a draw 1, and a loss 0.

Basic Tournament Rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

Tiers (Click on each of them for the challenge code!)

- Gen 8 Tier Shift + Almost Any Ability
- Gen 8 STABmons Mix n' Mega
- Bring 12, pick 6 Gen 6 / 7/ 8 Multi Gen Random Battles
- Gen 8 Camomons Doubles OU
- Gen 8 National Dex Same Six
- Gen 8 National Dex Ubers - Obtainable Formes
- Gen 8 Monotype CAP
- Best of 3 Mystery OU (Gen 6/ Gen 7/ Gen 8)
* THIS WEEK'S RULESET :
- Gen 6 OU, Consecutive letters: The pokémon of your team must be presented in alphabetical order. For example, suppose the first pokémon of your team is Landorus. In that case, the remaining 5 pokemon must be Pokemon with names beginning with the letters M, N, O, P, Q. Here is a team's example: Landorus, Melmetal, Ninetales-Alola, Obstagoon, Pelipper, Quagsire. If the first letter of your first pokémon is Z, then the second pokémon's name must start with A.
- Gen 7 OU, Usually useless moves: All the Pokemon of your teams should only use moves from the Usually useless moves category in the team builder.
- Gen 8 OU, Alphabet moves: Every Pokemon must run moves that start with letters in its name. As an example: AMOONGUSS must ONLY have moves that start with (A, M, O, N, G, U, S).
You can use up to 4 moves containing one of the letters of your Pokemon's name as you want. The letter can be the same for 2 or more moves.
Lastly, Pokemon with regions in their names like Stunfisk-galar will NOT be allowed, but Pokemons with different forms like Urshifu-Rapid-Strike will be allowed.[/I]

Matchups :

The Absolute Absolposters (5) vs The Ruhenheim Runerigus (1)

Managers: Icemaster The Number Man -- blce fabwooloo
--------------------------------------------------------------------

TSAAA: The Number Man vs longhiep341
STABnMega: Icemaster vs fabwooloo
Bring 12, pick 6 Multigen Rands (6/7/8): Casual dot exe vs London13
Camo Doubles: Yoda2798 vs Roldski32
National Dex Same Six: Tony vs TheFranklin

NatDex Ubers - Obtainable Forms: Will vs Poek
Monotype CAP: DugZa vs tier
Mystery OU: lax vs Ewin

SPREADSHEET

This week ends 16th October at 11:59 PM EST. Good luck everyone!

blce

can you see me?
congratulations to the absols on winning tpp iv. i’d be lying if i say i’m not disappointed, but we played hard and i don’t regret a thing.

it’s been an honour to manage the ruhenheim runerigus. losing in the finals of this tour hurts so much and i know you all wanted to win just as much as i did, but i hope you all know that we are winner material. you guys always prepped and played hard which i’ll be endlessly thankful for. through hax, unfortunate matchups and small misplays, don’t let this loss distract you from the fact that we had one of the most successful TPP seasons ever, and that you each individually contributed something unique toward this team, all of which i am so proud of. we’re family and i’m glad to have met everyone. this was probably the most fun team i could’ve had for this tournament, and i’m glad that a lot of my vishes family was in here too. thank you for being so active in chat, and even if we couldn’t get too many game nights going, the ones we had were awesome. i could document all our best moments but there are just so many LOL. i’m sorry for always getting caught up in irl stuff and school - i didn’t do as much as i wanted to, but i hope you guys enjoyed your time with me nonetheless. as always, good luck in your future endeavours in and out of mons. i love you guys, we’ll get our dinner another time :heart:

as some may know, the ending of this tpp also marks the ending of my time with mons (obligatory “for now”). while it was short lived, i’m glad to have met everyone i did in my time here on smogon. best wishes, it's been a pleasure!

RUNES

fabwooloo i am so glad that i got to team with you before i quit. you know how i feel about our friendship so i’ll keep that out of here, but i am very lucky to have had you as a comanager. i’ve always insisted to others that your activity and drive in team tours is commendable, and i’m glad you proved that to so many in this tpp. while i handled a bunch of administrative work, you were what brought the team together on the actual gameplay side, and the amount of tests and help you’ve put in with our team really shows. not to mention that your record was awesome and you definitely lead the team by example in your play and prep. the two Most Wanted in Tours got a managing spot and made it this far, and it couldn’t have happened without you.

longhiep341 you are an absolute beast in and out of mons bro. you are an absolutely awesome player that self-sustained in this tour and i could not ask for a better tsaaa player. your record speaks for itself and we would not be the same if you didn’t keep our drive up with your constant wins or evildoings in chat. congratulations on having one of the greatest individual records in tpp history - you deserve it.

London13 i’m glad that we finally got the chance to team up, i don’t regret it one bit. it was awesome getting to know you better throughout this tour. i know that some games didn’t go the way you wanted but at the end of the day rands is rands and you had an awesome showing nonetheless. thank you for your help in other tiers and willingness to do team activities - you kept that extra activity going when the managers couldn’t.

Roldski32 thanks for everything you put into camo doubles, and boy were we lucky to have someone so reliable and self-sufficient to play that terrible tier for the majority of the season. i had you down as our camo doubles pick the moment you signed up and you’ve definitely proven yourself against some very noteworthy doubles players in this tournament, from winning against mainers to ending k3p's undefeated streak. going 4-2 in this tier is super impressive.

TheFranklin year after year you continue to prove that you are one of the greatest same six players to touch this game, and this year was no different. you were a steal going 4-1 at the price of 6k and you always brought us wins that really lead us by example. the power of our same six think tank was very legendary and you brought it justice every week, and for our more inactive weeks you were able to carry your prep yourself. thank you for being active with us this year, i’m really glad that we got to team up in a teamtour after doing all those trio and ghosting tours with gxe. keep killing it in scl.

Poek i know just how badly you wanted this win and i’m right there with you. in this team of OM/M veterans and other experts in their tiers, i would draft you again in a heartbeat. your drive to win this tournament and dedication behind the scenes was unmatched and i’m grateful for how willing you were to do whatever was necessary for the team. thank you for slotting in wherever we needed you to and putting in the time to be successful in this tour, and your experience really helped me as a newer manager. i’m really glad i met you, you are awesome to work with and one of the most genuine people i’ve met on smogon.

tier the punching bag of the team that came out with some of the most entertaining games this season. it’s unfortunate that we weren’t able to showcase whether we were bringing flying or not this week. anyway tire acid this team would not have been the same without you. be it the way you had your prep basically finished by week 1 and set an example of hard work for our team, or how you’re one of the only people that can match my activity in chat (don’t mention how school killed us both). your activity and charisma (including being hilariously bad at math sometimes) definitely kept the team alive when i was busy and we would not be as much of a family without you. honestly, reje just told me he had a friend that could play mono and i trusted that. i didn’t expect to make such a real friend. imma beat you at knockout one day.

Ewin there are few people that know as much pain as you did having to play all these BO3 tiers. thank you for treading on despite the messiness of the tier at times. when reje told me you’d try i thought that would be the it, but you were way more active than i expected and i’m so thankful for that. you had two unfortunate final games that i know you’re about, but the prep that you put in for those two matches was absolutely insane and everything you put in throughout this tour is worth so much more than the 3k we bought you for, and i hope you know that we appreciate you so much. i’m glad i got to see you action whether that be in how much you tried and also how fucking hilarious you are, it’s been a good one.

Ayaka the above user’s success, would not have been possible without you absolutely carrying our oras prep and being available to test for so many bo3 tiers. not only that, you also were able to fit in wherever we needed you, and on top of that, you had a successful run in ND ubers. you were responsible for important wins, and 6k is a steal for all that you did this tpp. i know that things got busy for you but nonetheless all the help that you’ve given us is absolutely invaluable and i hope that you had a fun tour.

BasedWhat? continuing on the topic of our pilots’ success in their tiers, we can’t go without mentioning the way you carried our ND ubers prep. your knowledge of the game and ability to craft some ungodly sets is always a joy to watch. not only did you contribute so much to our collective success in various tiers, you even ended up going 2-1, all for the price of 4k. you’re yet another one of reje’s very powerful friends that honestly surprised me with their chat activity (i love your birds) and effort. you had a very successful tpp and i hope that you enjoyed your time on the team.

Xrn i’m glad to have drafted the most expensive player of the whole tour, and i’m glad that it’s you. the very first vish shoutout of this team, i’m so glad that we got the chance to team up again. i’m even more glad that you were able to flex around wherever, especially into camo doubles. thank you for your sacrifice. i know that some of your games didn’t go the way you wanted to, but nonetheless you made up for it with the important victories you brought us and with how much you helped out in prepping for various tiers. i’m really glad i got to know you better this time around since you were more active in chat. i hope you keep rockin in scl dude, it’s been a pleasure.

Raichy thank you for joining our team in the middle of the season, especially while you’re busy with scl, but you immediately were a positive presence in the team. i know that a lot of these tiers are difficult to learn in a short amount of time, and i appreciate how willing you were to learn and flex around. you basically self-prepped an entire week of bo3 and came out with a win that week too, which is really impressive given how much work it is to play that tier. i hope that you enjoyed your time with the team!

Dr. Phd. BJ the blowjob prep doesn’t fail. just as you hear a voice from above every week to decide what we use for mono, your voice rings throughout so many tiers with how much you help us prep. our snm core of you and fab was pretty much unstoppable, and you have an invaluable ability and willingness to step in to play when fab was busy, or if we ever needed a sub. not only that, you were also someone that was incredibly active in chat and also the very first person to teach me what endless defeat in word hunt tastes like. honestly when we drafted you it was because of 1. the bj slam copypasta and 2. how you won om grand slam, so i genuinely had no idea what to expect but i don’t regret a single thing. i’m really glad to have met you.

crucify our other vish of the team. i know that some of your games this season didn’t go as intended and that you were busy, but i still hope that you have a good time, and i’m thankful you still tried nonetheless. thank you for once again being an awesome flex player, and i’m super glad that we got to team together again before i quit.

bruno if you see this i hope you’re doing well. i know that you would’ve done incredibly well in this tour. it was awesome getting to know you in the short time i did, and i hope you return soon. special shoutouts to you for inspiring the team with your signature “. we alrdy won? lets goo”.

Reje big reje i love you bro. you helped us so much this tour not only across so many tiers, but also with our draft plan. this team would not have been the same without you and your presence, alongside all the other ones that you brought in. i know you didn’t like playing ND ubers but you and len’s prep for that tier made us successful in it. you were always there to help me in and out of this tour, and i hope you know just how much that means to me. i know that fab and i really shock you sometimes but we wouldn’t be where we are without you. it makes me really happy that we finally got to team together since our meeting in roses. take good care dude, you’re really the best and i’m always going to be glad to have this experience between us.

SUPPORT

Wubben thank you for your willingness to help out across so many tiers. ever since you expressed interest at the very start of the tour, i knew i had to claim your support before anyone else! i hope that everything has been going well on your end, and your discord pfp never fails to make me smile.

clean nuts another vish in here! i'm so thankful for all your help in same six, and how much time you've spent helping with prep and your activity in chat despite how you weren't part of the team. i'm glad that you were involved in my last tour because team tours for real aren't the same without you and your activity. i didn't mention this in my blt shoutouts but i hope you get to break out onto some big tours soon because you're honestly an awesome player. i know you've been busy so i hope that everything's been going well!

GXE the GXEustice and arce9 same 6 prep stays so undefeated. i'm so glad that you were around to help our team out in so many tiers, but also that you were our second resident punching bag. i swear team tours just don't feel the same without you man, thank you for always being around to help me out in this tour, and for supporting the team. there's nothing to say that hasn't been said already, you really did the most.

avyrie for being part of the core runes hivemind because no one can stop the collective one braincell. you contributed so much to chat and also across prep, and thanks for always getting on my ass when i make managerial brain farts LOL you're like a little brother to me, it's always a pleasure when you're part of a team's support.

Z Strats for being our only outside doubles support, i know you're super busy with other tours but i appreciate all the input.

Fille for the motivating speeches and fun stories LOL and thanks for the love for my art way back in mukkers!

Baloor for your chat activity and fun baloorisms, my teamchats always feel foreign without you and reje's energy. keep doin big things :)

rumia i will never ever regret inviting you to any teamchat because your presence and energy is just SO positive. you also came out swinging with one of the best pinned messages ever (cracked phone) and same as many, your presence always contributes so much to my teams.

FU SHUN HA you're not gonna see this so i'll send this on discord but i'm glad to have met you before i quit, one of the realest to ever do it. it's crazy how much we have in common on some twin shit. glad you're back

runerigus1.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)