SM OU Total Cancer's Alomomola Team (1900)

total cancer.png

47 TOTAL CANCER

(UPDATED)​

This is my first team that got in high ladder, the start idea was a full 6 regenerator team, but not so long i became trapped into 200 turns battles, althrough it fits well my name on ladder (TOTAL CANCER) it was boring, but with some adjustements I got this team, 80 turn battles are the average but it still pretty fun (for me at least). Initially I had a hard time to pass 1700, and i through the fault was on the team, but as soon I started to take every battle seriously (better predicts and more skill) I got to 1900 after very harsh battles, this team is almost perfect by now. Sugestions can be apreciated if they can improve this team or make some variations. Right now the whole strategy of this team is pretty toxic(literally): tox/protect until your oponent rage quits or saps away all of your oponent precious hp. Other tools this team likes to use is: trap your oponent and cure itself a lot. I think you might be interested in it, its a pretty original team that uses a Alomomola as the main star of the show. It is also pretty fun to use. (but pretty horrible to be battled against believe me ).

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlpool
- Protect
- Soak
- Toxic

The Star of the team, this was the first mon to be made and is really fun to use. A completely gimmick set that works wonders most of the time, this set cancels ferrothorn at start of the matches when paired with lando, making ferro a dead slot on oponents team, trap it, soak it and tox it, after ferro uses useless spikes switch to lando and defog, it works also on toxapex, it doesnt kill pex, however will at least keep it out. Whirlpool also gets kokos, rotoms, magearnas and magnetzones on switch-ins dealing sap damage on the course of the game. Soak is a pretty underated move, it not only cancels toxic imunity but also can reduce stabs, making any toxed Garchomp, Landorus or other physical threats, well less threats. Alomomola has also a great longetivity, I prefer this instead of of perish Azumarril because how long Alomomola can live by regenerator.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play / Hidden Power Fire
- Protect
- Toxic
- Clear Smog

Amoongus its the best partner Alomomola can have because they can almost always swap between each other to cover each other weakness, mainly Koko and Rotom, also it can leave a disgusting black sludge on trick sets. Unless your oponent has a cunning brave bird koko or Z-flying lando, which you can check with protect amoong can switch-in safely. Clear smog deals with bulus and serperiors and sometimes gyarados just fine, also it helps against some other boosted mons like kommo-o. Foul play is for 2OHKO kartana, excadrill, mega beedrill, Scizor and lando. While Hidden Power fire is great to kill Z kartana, and help to shot scizor without the need of it use dangerous swords dance. Deciding between foul Play and Hidden Power is hard since both moves works with some mons diferently. Foul play main weakness is not kill kartana right of the bat, while hidden power can be an advantage for heatram and doest kill the threats fast as foul play does.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Protect

This Girl exists over chansey for some reasons, first since im going to protect a lot, leftovers recover comes nicely, also physical attackers can be lured into it, most unboosted common physical attackers cant kill Blissey with protect/wish while she can handle nicely special attackers, also a knockoff doesnt cripple her that much. Wish and lefties also helps her toxic physical attacks that tries to boost or use stealth rocks. One alternate hypotesis could be a chansey with softboiled instead of protect, but this could leave she opened to Z-moves and also doesnt help with tox stall. Wish recovers all team at full hp, making u-turns not coming free for the oponent. Many Battles ended because oponent got that ice beam on Lando (and survives) and then Lando get healed by wish.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Defog

This slot was the hardest to fit into, I tested several dudes and landorus was the best one, defog is only if oponent get spikes and stealth rocks. This team can handle really great with stealth rocks only on both sides, so no need to desesperate if only stealth rocks is on the field, also oponents tend to waste turns because it can know when you will heal it, which is a bit % advantage for this team leaving oportunities to heal bell, or heal other more important team mates(clefable), and if your oponent really doesnt do that perfect predict, landorus is healed and ready to chip off weakned walls, defog the spikes away or set rocks. This landorus rarely enters the field and exists only to deal with some counters the team have, mainly heatran, mawile and ofc spikes + rocks. Also rocks on both sides leaves oponent to defog sometimes, which can helps it a bit but wastes a turn, and can even helps this team by taking rocks off the field. Knock off helps a lot against chansey and Tapu Fini, two things that really annoys the battle, also helps taking tornadus away.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Infestation
- Skill Swap
- Recover
- Toxic

Maybe you will start disconsider this team because of another thing that looks like a gimmick set, but this surprisely works, this set counters mega medicham, mg clefable, mg reuniclus and gliscor, by trapping gliscor you can skill swap and see the poor thing try to roost itself, making your oponent think twice before bringing the thing back, usually gliscor becomes a dead weight and comes at the end of the battle to lose. Mega Medicham just cant 2OHKO this with anything it usually uses, allowing you to toxic it or just keep recovering until it dies, infestation is really annoying and can trap some physical attackers that will try poorly kill reuniclus. Tyranitar is trying to pursuit? Check this:

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 192-228 (45.2 - 53.7%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Taking crit chance. Your oponent will have less than 7% chance to kill you. if tyranitar is toxed on switch-in it will die or be really crippled. Specs Lele also is a good prey to it, since psyshock will do chip damage that can easy be recovered. This guy is here to mess with your oponent, so no need for love for it, need to sacrifice someone? Reuniclus will gaddly accepts its fate if oponent hasnt any thing it likes to play with.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

The mother of Unawares exists only to clean the field and bait some steel types: kartana, scizor, excadrill, magnetzone and magearna etc commonly fall to be baited by clefable fireblast, except assault vest sets. Late game clefable also becomes really dangerous taking care of a weakened team just after one or two calm mind. Also its great to waste Garchomp and Kommo-o Z-moves. Hawlucha is a pretty much threat that hates to face clef, it takes 1/3 of its hp and dies to moonblast, if oponent tries a swords dance its even better. One thing Killfable also loves is receive knock offs, common knock off users offer a good setup oportunity, Tornadus u-turn mainly, since hurricane can miss and can be easily recovered by moonlight. Also it is the only mon that can deal with subs Gyara, Kommo-o, hawlucha. So if oponent has subs, preserving the clef is the key.

Threat list:

Threats:

- Heatran: taunt and magma storm set is almost impossible to deal with, you can trick your oponent however by simulating a defog/stealth and attack with earthquake. with a bit of luck oponent can finishes their magma storm before it actually starts to cripple the team. and if magma storm is gone, well heatram cant do much.

- Mega Mawile: physical boltbeam cripple this team a lot, reuniclus saddly cant take a playrough nicely, but clefable can hit a nice fireblast, landorus also can try someting with earthquake.

- Manaphy: it will simply destroy this team, clefable cant take a boosted waterium z, if you however predict a future turn when your oponent use it you can prepare a calm mind or switch indo alomomola. Manaphy is just the killer, be prepared to loss if you face it.

- Mega Pinsir, rarely seen, but when seen if not handled properly its gameover. The good part is pinsir can leave a toxic oportunity in swords dance. Toxic it as soon as possible and do as many sacrifices necessary.

- Calm Mind tapu lele: toxing it and stalling a bit can leaves your team with no loses, but a loss is almost guaranted if your oponent predict right, calm mind and subs is also a pretty much game over.

Annoyances:

- Mega Sableye, Cant do nothing against Clefable but sucks a lot traping moves not getting ghost types... well, know the battle will last longer than necessary.
- Chansey, this can be a simple annoyance if your oponent doesnt carry any threat, however if your oponent carry some threats, this can become a team killer.
- Skarmory: thats why you should use fire blast instead of flamethrower, spd skarmory can hold a +1 flamethrower but cant a fire blast.
- Mega Venusaur: unless you get a whirl on switch, this will really annoy the battle, it cant do much agains blissey however.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-983964354 < very good one, the whole team shows its cancerous traits
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-975738865
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-953114892
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-983328648
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-983311405
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-984493599
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-983979708

Last edited:
Cool team, all I can offer is perhaps a different moong set? Bare with me, I've given this set to a couple others. The main idea is as a tran lure. https://pokepast.es/d2bf69e790ca0eb2 Crazy right? So, what do you do? Spam spore, ofc. Spore a mon, then spore again as Heatran switches in. Then click Stomping Tantrum for a garunteed OHKO. Amoonguss always lives through even modest trans magma storm (252+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Amoonguss: 314-372 (72.8 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and trapping damage), so it could be used as a good anchor. Cool stall otherwise.

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
that reuni set looks fire, would probably be a lot better if it was magic guard tho otherwise it just dies alongside stuff like pex and gliscor which otherwise has potential to beat
feel like u should make lando yache berry, your team doesnt really have a reliable special ice resist and lando coming in could negate that, kind of like shuca on koko
change clef to magic guard. loses to opposing toxic and there's not really anything that sets up next to it and can beat it, so there's not a huge need for unaware
also like above i would change amoong set, maybe to something like hp fire giga spore stomping tantrum or if you really want toxic, replace giga drain with it

Cool team, all I can offer is perhaps a different moong set? Bare with me, I've given this set to a couple others. The main idea is as a tran lure. https://pokepast.es/d2bf69e790ca0eb2 Crazy right? So, what do you do? Spam spore, ofc. Spore a mon, then spore again as Heatran switches in. Then click Stomping Tantrum for a garunteed OHKO. Amoonguss always lives through even modest trans magma storm (252+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Amoonguss: 314-372 (72.8 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and trapping damage), so it could be used as a good anchor. Cool stall otherwise.
I tried exactly this same set before, however the loss of toxic cripples a lot, the team need to toxic oponents in every oportunity, but maybe i can try fit spore in clear smog maybe, since i rearely use it

that reuni set looks fire, would probably be a lot better if it was magic guard tho otherwise it just dies alongside stuff like pex and gliscor which otherwise has potential to beat
feel like u should make lando yache berry, your team doesnt really have a reliable special ice resist and lando coming in could negate that, kind of like shuca on koko
change clef to magic guard. loses to opposing toxic and there's not really anything that sets up next to it and can beat it, so there's not a huge need for unaware
also like above i would change amoong set, maybe to something like hp fire giga spore stomping tantrum or if you really want toxic, replace giga drain with it
The problem with magic guard reuniclus, is it dies easily, skill swap deals with gliscor nicely cause it gets poison heal, also clef without unaware is game over to hawlucha, which is pretty common. But lando yache is a nice try, since some greninjas can lost the spikes oportunity and get wrecked by earthquake.

ALSO the team has been updated with some more in depth strategy and up on ladder, since the ladder board is from some days ago, and im totaly burn out of playing pokemon, it could have fallen a bit, butstill i will never miss the day i got in the 1900 first time.

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
View attachment 198550
47 TOTAL CANCER

(UPDATED)​

This is my first team that got in high ladder, the start idea was a full 6 regenerator team, but not so long i became trapped into 200 turns battles, althrough it fits well my name on ladder (TOTAL CANCER) it was boring, but with some adjustements I got this team, 80 turn battles are the average but it still pretty fun (for me at least). Initially I had a hard time to pass 1700, and i through the fault was on the team, but as soon I started to take every battle seriously (better predicts and more skill) I got to 1900 after very harsh battles, this team is almost perfect by now. Sugestions can be apreciated if they can improve this team or make some variations. Right now the whole strategy of this team is pretty toxic(literally): tox/protect until your oponent rage quits or saps away all of your oponent precious hp. Other tools this team likes to use is: trap your oponent and cure itself a lot. I think you might be interested in it, its a pretty original team that uses a Alomomola as the main star of the show. It is also pretty fun to use. (but pretty horrible to be battled against believe me ).

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Protect
- Soak
- Toxic

The Star of the team, this was the first mon to be made and is really fun to use. A completely gimmick set that works wonders most of the time, this set cancels ferrothorn at start of the matches when paired with lando, making ferro a dead slot on oponents team, trap it, soak it and tox it, after ferro uses useless spikes switch to lando and defog, it works also on toxapex, it doesnt kill pex, however will at least keep it out. Whirlpool also gets kokos, rotoms, magearnas and magnetzones on switch-ins dealing sap damage on the course of the game. Soak is a pretty underated move, it not only cancels toxic imunity but also can reduce stabs, making any toxed Garchomp, Landorus or other physical threats, well less threats. Alomomola has also a great longetivity, I prefer this instead of of perish Azumarril because how long Alomomola can live by regenerator.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Foul Play / Hidden Power Fire
- Protect
- Toxic
- Clear Smog

Amoongus its the best partner Alomomola can have because they can almost always swap between each other to cover each other weakness, mainly Koko and Rotom, also it can leave a disgusting black sludge on trick sets. Unless your oponent has a cunning brave bird koko or Z-flying lando, which you can check with protect amoong can switch-in safely. Clear smog deals with bulus and serperiors and sometimes gyarados just fine, also it helps against some other boosted mons like kommo-o. Foul play is for 2OHKO kartana, excadrill, mega beedrill, Scizor and lando. While Hidden Power fire is great to kill Z kartana, and help to shot scizor without the need of it use dangerous swords dance. Deciding between foul Play and Hidden Power is hard since both moves works with some mons diferently. Foul play main weakness is not kill kartana right of the bat, while hidden power can be an advantage for heatram and doest kill the threats fast as foul play does.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Protect

This Girl exists over chansey for some reasons, first since im going to protect a lot, leftovers recover comes nicely, also physical attackers can be lured into it, most unboosted common physical attackers cant kill Blissey with protect/wish while she can handle nicely special attackers, also a knockoff doesnt cripple her that much. Wish and lefties also helps her toxic physical attacks that tries to boost or use stealth rocks. One alternate hypotesis could be a chansey with softboiled instead of protect, but this could leave she opened to Z-moves and also doesnt help with tox stall. Wish recovers all team at full hp, making u-turns not coming free for the oponent. Many Battles ended because oponent got that ice beam on Lando (and survives) and then Lando get healed by wish.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Defog

This slot was the hardest to fit into, I tested several dudes and landorus was the best one, defog is only if oponent get spikes and stealth rocks. This team can handle really great with stealth rocks only on both sides, so no need to desesperate if only stealth rocks is on the field, also oponents tend to waste turns because it can know when you will heal it, which is a bit % advantage for this team leaving oportunities to heal bell, or heal other more important team mates(clefable), and if your oponent really doesnt do that perfect predict, landorus is healed and ready to chip off weakned walls, defog the spikes away or set rocks. This landorus rarely enters the field and exists only to deal with some counters the team have, mainly heatran, mawile and ofc spikes + rocks. Also rocks on both sides leaves oponent to defog sometimes, which can helps it a bit but wastes a turn, and can even helps this team by taking rocks off the field. Knock off helps a lot against chansey and Tapu Fini, two things that really annoys the battle, also helps taking tornadus away.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Infestation
- Skill Swap
- Recover
- Toxic

Maybe you will start disconsider this team because of another thing that looks like a gimmick set, but this surprisely works, this set counters mega medicham, mg clefable, mg reuniclus and gliscor, by trapping gliscor you can skill swap and see the poor thing try to roost itself, making your oponent think twice before bringing the thing back, usually gliscor becomes a dead weight and comes at the end of the battle to lose. Mega Medicham just cant 2OHKO this with anything it usually uses, allowing you to toxic it or just keep recovering until it dies, infestation is really annoying and can trap some physical attackers that will try poorly kill reuniclus. Tyranitar is trying to pursuit? Check this:

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 192-228 (45.2 - 53.7%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Taking crit chance. Your oponent will have less than 7% chance to kill you. if tyranitar is toxed on switch-in it will die or be really crippled. Specs Lele also is a good prey to it, since psyshock will do chip damage that can easy be recovered. This guy is here to mess with your oponent, so no need for love for it, need to sacrifice someone? Reuniclus will gaddly accepts its fate if oponent hasnt any thing it likes to play with.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

The mother of Unawares exists only to clean the field and bait some steel types: kartana, scizor, excadrill, magnetzone and magearna etc commonly fall to be baited by clefable fireblast, except assault vest sets. Late game clefable also becomes really dangerous taking care of a weakened team just after one or two calm mind. Also its great to waste Garchomp and Kommo-o Z-moves. Hawlucha is a pretty much threat that hates to face clef, it takes 1/3 of its hp and dies to moonblast, if oponent tries a swords dance its even better. One thing Killfable also loves is receive knock offs, common knock off users offer a good setup oportunity, Tornadus u-turn mainly, since hurricane can miss and can be easily recovered by moonlight. Also it is the only mon that can deal with subs Gyara, Kommo-o, hawlucha. So if oponent has subs, preserving the clef is the key.

Threat list:

Threats:

- Heatran: taunt and magma storm set is almost impossible to deal with, you can trick your oponent however by simulating a defog/stealth and attack with earthquake. with a bit of luck oponent can finishes their magma storm before it actually starts to cripple the team. and if magma storm is gone, well heatram cant do much.

- Mega Mawile: physical boltbeam cripple this team a lot, reuniclus saddly cant take a playrough nicely, but clefable can hit a nice fireblast, landorus also can try someting with earthquake.

- Manaphy: it will simply destroy this team, clefable cant take a boosted waterium z, if you however predict a future turn when your oponent use it you can prepare a calm mind or switch indo alomomola. Manaphy is just the killer, be prepared to loss if you face it.

- Mega Pinsir, rarely seen, but when seen if not handled properly its gameover. The good part is pinsir can leave a toxic oportunity in swords dance. Toxic it as soon as possible and do as many sacrifices necessary.

- Calm Mind tapu lele: toxing it and stalling a bit can leaves your team with no loses, but a loss is almost guaranted if your oponent predict right, calm mind and subs is also a pretty much game over.

Annoyances:

- Mega Sableye, Cant do nothing against Clefable but sucks a lot traping moves not getting ghost types... well, know the battle will last longer than necessary.
- Chansey, this can be a simple annoyance if your oponent doesnt carry any threat, however if your oponent carry some threats, this can become a team killer.
- Skarmory: thats why you should use fire blast instead of flamethrower, spd skarmory can hold a +1 flamethrower but cant a fire blast.
- Mega Venusaur: unless you get a whirl on switch, this will really annoy the battle, it cant do much agains blissey however.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-983964354 < very good one, the whole team shows its cancerous traits
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-975738865
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-953114892
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-983328648
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-983311405
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-984493599
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-983979708
u autolose to hoopa c, you need more offensive presences than just overall annoyances. Id change up the sets to actually be able to hit or have somethign for setup mons

On a more in depth look I can’t help but wonder if your spreads are inefficient. Alo wants mixed defenses more than HP, Lando being Careful Max doesn’t accomplish much as he has no meaningful special resists, Amonguss needs SPDef investment for the things it checks, and Blissey is just a worse Chansey.

Like most fat slow teams, you’re weak to bulky breakers and snowball boosters.

Grassy Terrain, Sun, and Rain teams walk all over this without much thought.
Never had any problem against grassy terrain, actually grassy terrian is an advantage to main team. Sun and rain teams are also not a problem unless they bring heatran and manaphy respectively.

On a more in depth look I can’t help but wonder if your spreads are inefficient. Alo wants mixed defenses more than HP, Lando being Careful Max doesn’t accomplish much as he has no meaningful special resists, Amonguss needs SPDef investment for the things it checks, and Blissey is just a worse Chansey.
leftovers and protect means im recovering 1/8 for every protect and with regenerator it recovers more 1/3 thats a lot of hp recovered that maintains it on battle a lot more. with sde investiment i can handle a discharge and poison zapdos, not to mean that this spread also can take at least 2 hits from ferrothorn, garchomp, lando and excadrill. im welcome to any sugestion to other spreads

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Hello, nice team you got there
Why not trying Gliscor instead of Landorus T? He can do almost the same job. Though he is less bulky than Landorus T, he can still somewhat deal with Mawile M and Heatran, and has a better recovery in Poison Heal.
Heal Bell is a problem if toxic Orb is knocked off, but Landorus has the same problem with Leftovers

Hello, nice team you got there
Why not trying Gliscor instead of Landorus T? He can do almost the same job. Though he is less bulky than Landorus T, he can still somewhat deal with Mawile M and Heatran, and has a better recovery in Poison Heal.
Heal Bell is a problem if toxic Orb is knocked off, but Landorus has the same problem with Leftovers
Not that i didn't try use it, its just gliscor cant switch in mawile, I know landorus also usually cant, but it cant also revenge kill it, which landorus does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)