Gen 6 Top 10 Titans of the Ubers 6th Gen Metagame

Darkrai.

Darkrai has always been really good from DPP to ORAS. After hearing about Dark Void getting nerfed, I started to value Darkrai even more. Really good speed tier combined with Dark Void is amazing and stupidly broken. We might not see Darkrai dominating Ubers metagame as it did in generation four, five but especially this generation.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
MEGA SALAMENCE

Even though it's only been around for ORAS, its better consistency and ability to take out more than one/two mons makes it way more of a mon that should be feared and that shaped high-level play.

darkrai

(mence was much less prevalent as a threat during teambuilding, not only because it was introduced in oras, but also because dakrai was nearly impossible to fully deal with and thus most often managing it relied on very ad hoc play, that is to say, rai is gud)

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Darkrai: 12
Mence: 5

Darkrai gets it. Doesn't look likely for this to change, so now it's time to move on to the number 7 slot. I want to finish this as Sumo is coming out for me (which is almost a full day before others, move to australia if you want the same deal).

Current noms:
Mega Gengar
Xerneas

Klefki
Deoxys-Attack
Arceus-Water
Primal-Groudon
Ho-oh

Mega Salamence
Arceus-Normal
Darkrai

Lugia
Rayquaza

I'm actually not going for Mence here, because I feel, for the way it defined an entire playstyle throughout both XY and ORAS, it's ability to fit on both Stall and Balance teams, the myriad of things it can check defensively from all across the spectrum, and for being a large contributing factor to the prominence of both Defog and Bouncers due to how hard it is to kill without hazards, I'm going for Lugia. Mence is better in ORAS, but Lugia was probably more impactful throughout the generation.

Though Aberforth has a point, I'm sticking with Mega Mence. Even though Lugia was present throughout the generation, It has not beeb such a consistent threat, specially in the ORAS era, While mence compensates the previous flaw by being not only consistent in ORAS but also one of the biggest threats in the current meta, while Lugia don't have this privilege since generations ago.

Mega-Salamence.

Klefki definitely deserves a spot on this list but the ability to be a defensive check and a defogger but also being one of the deadliest sweeper with Dragon Dance and also hitting insanely hard with Double-Edge + Aerilate made me vote this beast. There are very little drawbacks of using Mega-Salamence.

My vote is going to Klefki.
klefki is the glue of the most influential bulky offense/balances in oras and allowed the idea of status spam + hex teams to work. these hex teams literally define balance in oras ubers thanks to the utility of a pokemon like klefki, which allow for hex gar and hex gira to obliterate teams. balance was basically optimized and klefki played a large role in that, which changed what other teams prepared for and also shifted a lot of players over to balance/bo from ho. it made gar even more threatening in the fact that it can trap statused mons which increased its viability and usage, as well as shifted gira o into using a special set rather than physical. gira o using a special set makes frail psychics better in the metagame due to the fact that they dont have to worry about sneak gira. im sure theres plenty of other differences it made to the metagame, but these are a few of the big points i wanted to hit home. also rest talk xern increased in usage thanks to keys.

out of the other nominations, it lacks in sheer power compared to mons like mence, but i feel keys had a more massive impact on the metagame and i feel a lot of people are voting based on mences power and neglecting the fact that klef changed how a lot of oras ubers functions.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Lugia: 1 (:[)
Mence: 7
Keys: 8

Keys get it by a single vote.

Next up Number 8, I'll keep my vote with Lugia despite mence being pretty much guaranteed to win the round.

Mega Gengar
Xerneas
Klefki

Deoxys-Attack
Arceus-Water
Primal-Groudon
Ho-oh

Mega Salamence
Arceus-Normal
Darkrai

Lugia
Rayquaza

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)