Project Top 10 Titans of the Gen 8 AG Metagame

Going Ditto here. Seems like a much more imminent teambuilding threat to me than Xern made all the better due to dynamax and the insane power creep and speed creep gen 8 brought. Incredibly scary mon that can solo teams late game if you’re not careful.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
The #6 titan of Gen 8 anything goes is Ditto!

:ss/Ditto:

Voting for the #7 titan will now begin

List of Remaining Nominated Pokemon:
:ss/zygarde-complete: :ss/ho-oh: :ss/arceus-water: :ss/arceus-ground: :ss/xerneas: :ss/groudon: :ss/rayquaza-mega: :ss/dracovish: :ss/marshadow: :ss/gothitelle: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/kyogre:

The voting stage for each round will last ~3 days, and while posting a reasoning with your pick isn't necessary, discussion is encouraged. Remember, this is for the most influential Pokemon throughout the generation, not necessarily the strongest (ex. if you think Zacian-C is a stronger Pokemon than Calyrex-S but Calyrex-S is almost as strong and more impactful on building, you should probably vote Calyrex-S).

My vote goes to Xerneas again

ugh this is getting hard now but i think I'll vote for ferrothorn cos it checks kyorge, zacian and some yveltals. leech seed can cripple water sprout orge and iron barbs can do chip damage to zacian, and with access to knock off it is very useful, especially for removing items like rocky helmet from defensive ndm and hdb from bulky yvel.
:ss/ferrothorn:

I honestly thought I’d vote xerneas here but I’m actually going Kyogre. The more I think about it, Kyogre has more of a repressive influence on teambuilding due to its naturally positive matchup against NDM, Yveltal, Zacian-C, and Ho-oh. With no primal Groudon in galar, it’s much easier for kyogre to come in and spam water spout or origin pulse and just decimate things. It also has the massively powerful calm mind defensive variants which can better deal with its most common check in etern. It can also run life orb or specs on webs teams and one-shot mon after mon. I think it’s more versatile and more repressive on the builder than xern is.

PrimalKyogre

AG Circuit Champion
Kyogre
You’re not making a team without something to check this monster. I put it ahead of Xerneas because xerneas is checked by mons that people already use for other Pokémon (NDM for Zacian, Ho-oh for NDM and such, and Ferrothorn for Kyogre) and being able to handle Xern usually isn’t the main purpose for their inclusion on teams. Kyogre, however? Many teams run Pokémon that wouldn’t be on said teams if Kyogre didn’t exist.

Fc

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
The #7 titan of Gen 8 anything goes is Kyogre!

:ss/kyogre:

Voting for the #8 titan will now begin

:ss/zygarde-complete: :ss/ho-oh: :ss/arceus-water: :ss/arceus-ground: :ss/xerneas: :ss/groudon: :ss/rayquaza-mega: :ss/dracovish: :ss/marshadow: :ss/gothitelle: :ss/ferrothorn:

The voting stage for each round will last ~3 days, and while posting a reasoning with your pick isn't necessary, discussion is encouraged. Remember, this is for the most influential Pokemon throughout the generation, not necessarily the strongest (ex. if you think Zacian-C is a stronger Pokemon than Calyrex-S but Calyrex-S is almost as strong and more impactful on building, you should probably vote Calyrex-S).

My vote goes to Xerneas again

Fc

Ubers Leader
The #8 titan of Gen 8 anything goes is Xerneas!

:ss/xerneas:

Voting for the #9 titan will now begin

:ss/zygarde-complete: :ss/ho-oh: :ss/arceus-water: :ss/arceus-ground: :ss/groudon: :ss/rayquaza-mega: :ss/dracovish: :ss/marshadow: :ss/gothitelle: :ss/ferrothorn:

My vote goes to Groundceus

I guess I’ll go ho-oh due to being the second best defogger in the game by a country mile with a great defensive typing and ability. Having it enabled yveltal to more efficiently run devastating offensive dynamax sweeping sets. It’s also naturally good into common Pokémon like ndm, Zacian, and ferrothorn, and it necessitated rock coverage or kyogre so it doesn’t outright wall you.

Fc

Ubers Leader
Sorry for the delay. The #9 titan of Gen 8 anything goes is Mega Rayquaza!

:ss/rayquaza-mega:

Voting for the #10 titan will now begin

:ss/zygarde-complete: :ss/ho-oh: :ss/arceus-water: :ss/arceus-ground: :ss/groudon: :ss/dracovish: :ss/marshadow: :ss/gothitelle: :ss/ferrothorn:

My vote goes to Groundceus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)