Project Top 10 Titans of the 6th Gen RU Metagame (Some final revision before Sun & Moon; check post #216)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And I think it is time to decide! The No. 10 titan is:

And that solves it!! Thank you everyone for participating and discussing in this thread, I truly appreciate it. Here is the complete list for everyone to watch:

Be sure to discuss special mentions, a Pokemon you feel should have been on this list but it isnt, if 10 places are way too little, anything you want to add or discuss is welcome. Thank you kindly.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tfw the entire list is all banned mons (except alomomola)
Cobalion was never actually banned. UU stole it from us >.> I want to say the same happened with Gligar, but I"m not 100% sure on that one

Kind of sad that Meloetta didn't make it on here. Felt like it was good in the 8th-10th area. Cobalion being 6th is a perfect spot for it and Moltres was just stupid broken. That said, 11th and 12th are easily Tyrantrum and Meloetta. They're the only two mons left that could have rightfully been in the top 10. Duggy is an easy 13th. Inconsistency keeps it from being top 10, but when it was good, oooh was it good. Virizion should probably make 14th considering it was RU from the start. Similar issues to Dugtrio, but it's been a bit more consistent in exchange for not being outright ridiculous at certain points. Flygon 15th, Venusaur 16th, Diancie and Medicham rounding it out at 17th and 18th. None were RU at all (iirc at least) in XY, although they've been quite good in ORAS.

Cobalion was never actually banned. UU stole it from us >.> I want to say the same happened with Gligar, but I"m not 100% sure on that one

Kind of sad that Meloetta didn't make it on here. Felt like it was good in the 8th-10th area. Cobalion being 6th is a perfect spot for it and Moltres was just stupid broken. That said, 11th and 12th are easily Tyrantrum and Meloetta. They're the only two mons left that could have rightfully been in the top 10. Duggy is an easy 13th. Inconsistency keeps it from being top 10, but when it was good, oooh was it good. Virizion should probably make 14th considering it was RU from the start. Similar issues to Dugtrio, but it's been a bit more consistent in exchange for not being outright ridiculous at certain points. Flygon 15th, Venusaur 16th, Diancie and Medicham rounding it out at 17th and 18th. None were RU at all (iirc at least) in XY, although they've been quite good in ORAS.
Gligar did move up due to usage yep!

And yeah I agree with your list completely, it's basically just Miyami~~'s except with Melo and TTrum and Venu and Virizion switched. Although I would have had Melo 10th and Reun 11th but that's just me xD

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nice, thread seems to be basically done... but lets do one final thing first.

REVISION TIME!

Thats right, another chance to vote a nominated mon on a position that would seem iffy for you!! Let me tell you how this will work:

- Basically you will revision the whole top 10 list and discuss is something just doesnt feel right on it. You can choose to modify up to 2 places on the list and depending on how much support certain position gets to be modified, a revote phase will take place. If anyone feels something on the list is out of place, now is the time to vote on it!

- You can also opt to vote for just 1 place, no pressure.

- Just make sure to Bold the Pokemon you think it needs to be changed, give a brief reasoning, and mention what Pokemon should take its place, bold it. The amount of votes will be counted and said position, or positions, will go to the revote phase as stated.

- Dont worry, if you feel the list is perfect as it is, you can either restate your support and keep the Pokemon on their respective ranks!

Let me provide an example (which will also be my vote):

Durant

I dont believe this Pokemon was as influential as it is made out to be. Really inconsistent despite being really strong, and only remarkably influential during a couple of stages of ORAS RU, not seeing the most notable steel type during XY thanks to the competition and steel types being much more reliable back in the day. I think Meloetta should replace it. Consistently good throughout all of gen 6 and profficient balance breaker all around.

This revision will take place until Sunday 20th. Discuss!

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Durant

I dont believe this Pokemon was as influential as it is made out to be. Really inconsistent despite being really strong, and only remarkably influential during a couple of stages of ORAS RU, not seeing the most notable steel type during XY thanks to the competition and steel types being much more reliable back in the day. I think Meloetta should replace it. Consistently good throughout all of gen 6 and profficient balance breaker all around.

Durant

I dont believe this Pokemon was as influential as it is made out to be. Really inconsistent despite being really strong, and only remarkably influential during a couple of stages of ORAS RU, not seeing the most notable steel type during XY thanks to the competition and steel types being much more reliable back in the day.

I think Tyrantrum should replace it. It shut down an entire playstyle and was consistently incredible once it got Rock head, that makes up for it not being around for XY.

I really disagree with Durant being removed, it flat out cleaned through many balance / BO teams almost single-handedly thanks to its speed tier and extreme power, and its movepool / set choices made it unpredictable, while any flaws caused by 4MSS were made up for by very basic team / hazards support. Many of the Steel-types which were so popular during XY Durant was able to remove very nicely thanks to Crunch / Superpower, which hit Doublade and Cobalion very strong. It's in a very similar spot to Meloetta in that it was an A - S rank threat during its entire time in the tier except unlike Meloetta it was considered strong enough to be banned. Also inconsistency is a really really bad argument, at least with respect to move accuracy? Many Pokemon were able to flourish despite accuracy problems. Just look at Moltres (Fire Blast / Hurricane) and Sharpedo (Hydro Pump) who had the same flaw and are sitting at #1 and #7 respectively. Generally if you're relying on misses to win it's a pretty strong Mon lol. And Durant could run Hone Claws to patch this up to some extent so... :heart:

If we're going to make room for Meloetta I think it should be Reuniclus who goes. It was virtually forced to run Shadow Ball while Doublade was in the tier, which meant Dark-types were a very easy stop. And virtually all teams ran Dark-types due to Reun / Cress / Melo etc being in the tier. It's similar to Zard-X where it's really strong if the opponent isn't prepared properly, and it can still work even if they are, but because of how well prepared for it is it doesn't do as well as it'd like. Once Doublade left it was very strong though which is why it's a pretty easy #11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)