Tournament TLT VI: Round Three (losers only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tlt.png

Banner by the GOAT sirDonovan | Approved by me​
Welcome to the sixth iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:
SS Ubers
SS OU
SS UU
SS RU
SS NU
SS PU
SS LC
SS DOU
SS Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: PrinceOfAllTacos is seed #1, while Swiffix is seed #16. Swiffix, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by PrinceOfAllTacos locking RU. At this point, neither PU nor RU can be eliminated. Swiffix the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. PrinceOfAllTacos follows with OU. Swiffix then eliminates LC, and PrinceOfAllTacos eliminates Doubles OU. Swiffix then eliminates NU, and PrinceOfAllTacos eliminates Monotype. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Swiffix locked in), RU (what PrinceOfAllTacos locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, PrinceOfAllTacos, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. PrinceOfAllTacos then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - read these, especially if you're new to forum tours
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Losers Bracket

(17) Lady Writer vs (22) Cielau

(24) Lukasjoel1 vs (30) mushamu

(13) JJ09LIE vs (23) udongirl

(21) martinvtran vs (31) Jordy004

(15) PokemonCestDur vs @ (28) Sanjay das

(10) lkapkd1 vs (29) Banbadoro

(3) xSkelly34 vs (9) TDR

(1) Fragments vs (27) skimmythegod

You can find the full bracket here. You may not play battles for the next round until it has been posted.

The deadline for this round will be Sunday, November 27th at 11:59 PM EST.

Replay are now mandatory by popular demand.

Good luck and have fun, everyone!

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
unfortunately, im requesting act on udongirl. she couldnt finish the set so i agreed to an extension. She said she could only play at my 11am and 2am which is unreasonable during my most of my weekdays. I was busy yesterday with irl commitments so I gave her a 6-hour window that we could play today which apparently didn't work for her (received a message when i wasnt online) but I havent heard from her today either. this is a case of incapability in timezones but its past the deadline now and since she was the one that needed the extension I feel she shouldve accommodated for the time I could play. sent poat our discord screenshots.

It's a shame it ended up coming to act but Baloor has been awarded the act call here. Both parties did communicate but the deciding factor was that udongirl was the one who required the extension so it was her responsibility to accommodate. Timezones suck ;;.

I heard he can play only 3pm his time, That's all. I have never heard when he can play. How can I schedule? I told him my free time but his 3pm wasn't contained. He didn't try to schedule.

I heard he can play only 3pm his time, That's all. I have never heard when he can play. How can I schedule? I told him my free time but his 3pm wasn't contained. He didn't try to schedule.
He did try to schedule you both did Baloor did give a 6 hr window on Tuesday as he said from 3pm till deadline not exclusively at 3pm.

Neither of you had great availability here in large part due to timezones this one was difficult since you both made an effort here however the decision was made in favor of baloor because as the one needing the extension it was your responsibility to match a time for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)