not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

olivia

bellibolt saleswoman
is a Pre-Contributor
Zoroastrianism is to abrahamic religions what Dune is to Star Wars. It's really interesting to see the origins of so many concepts across these religions in Zoroastrianism

Man I've been nerding out about Mediterranean societies again. Can't help it, I just love this region. I've been watching Vinland Saga recently and got a fixation on northern Europe. They were also really cool. How they went from being the first Europeans in America, having the first modern parliament in the world and being some of the greatest merchants ever to just be seen as some pillaging savages is beyond me

I should read on some Chinese history. I am pretty good in European history, somewhat versed in American and African history, but east Asia is a little elusive to me. I only understand that Korea is like the Poland and south east Asia is like the Balkans
Check out the Fall of Civilisations podcast if you haven't already! They cover all across the globe but there is a lot of European in there, the big colonisers that they are. I love the one about the Greenland vikings.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
no, fuck you, back to sparta talk

It is well known that the Spartans... were incredible posters. To the point where they taught posting at school. Legend tells of a messenger who delivered a thread by Philip the Nth of Macedon, where he proclaimed "If I invade you, I will raze it to the ground. I will devestate your city and run you out like the rats you are. I will properly fuck you up, yeah? Like really fuck you up. You wanna go? You wanna fucking go?!"

The Spartans, in reply to this thread, posted one word: "If."

Philip the Nth of Macedon proceeded to really fuck them up, but the post has gained a lot of reddit karma since and that's what counts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)