Programming Three Island - An extension for a seamless Pokepaste experience

Cool project and I look forward to using it! Unfortunately, the link for Firefox in the OP doesn't work, and I can't seem to find it via Google either.
Hi yeah; Mozilla withdrew it because it used direct HTML text instead of nodes (which has been patched in the latest version and will be live in a few days). Until then, you can check out the instructions on the GitHub repository to use it!

The pop-up can sometimes be cut off by the edge of chat due to its positioning, but other than that, it works great!

EDIT: this also means it's very hard to use with PMs.

Last edited:
The pop-up can sometimes be cut off by the edge of chat due to its positioning, but other than that, it works great!

EDIT: this also means it's very hard to use with PMs.
An eventual feature is to try and fix this, but PMs don't give me much space to play with.

A more technical explanation is like:
There's two ways to add the preview to the link. The first is to add an element 'attached' to the link which is only shown when the link is hovered over. The issue with this is that since it's attached to the element which is inside the PM 'box', it can never be outside the box itself.
The other approach is to add lots of code to find the position of the link, detect whether it's being hovered over, then position a box above it according to the current position, and then hide this box if the hover is moved.

Three Island currently uses the former approach.

Update: 1.2.1 has been added (under review) to both Mozilla and Chrome stores (this time the Mozilla process should be faster); the new release supports !code block imports along with bugfixes!

Hey, I think I found a couple bugs. First, it appears to be impossible to press the "Import" button because it clicks the Pokepaste link first. Also, Three Island just doesn't seem to work at all in battles at all for whatever reason.

Hey, I think I found a couple bugs. First, it appears to be impossible to press the "Import" button because it clicks the Pokepaste link first. Also, Three Island just doesn't seem to work at all in battles at all for whatever reason.
Ye, the import button redirecting was the 'dumb bug' I fixed on the latest version (which sadly hasn't been deployed and might take a few days). For now, I'd recommend using an older version / manually using the GitHub version.

Will investigate battles!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)