Programming Three Island - An extension for a seamless Pokepaste experience

listing-image-1.3.0.png
Three Island is an extension I've written which is also available as a script usable on both Chrome and Firefox (through Tampermonkey and Greasemonkey, respectively). The main intent of Three Island (or 3I) is to be able to seamlessly integrate Pokepaste into normal chat, which it achieves through hovers. It also inserts Import buttons for teams/sets in !code blocks.

Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/three-island/glhggmffomgbggeobkijjhojkjopfpho
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/three-island/

3I is usable in any browser that supports either store; this includes Brave, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, and Vivaldi.

Extension3I_aifgvhb.png

When you hover over a link in chat, 3I generates a hoverable div that shows you a preview of the team contained within, as well as the option to import the team to your teambuilder with a single click. There's also a lot more that this does to deliver the smoothest team-stealing sharing experience you've ever had!

That being said, I'm still curious to see what else people would like to see from this. If you have any suggestions or feedback, do let me know!

ctfyvgiubhin.png

xr6dt7cfuyigvuohbi.png

Updated with Tera:
listing-image-1.3.0.png

!code blocks:
;whibdvo.png

Repository:
https://github.com/PartMan7/Three-Island/ (includes installation instructions)

Attachments

Last edited:
What happens to Pokemon such as Floette-Eternal that don't show up in Pokepaste? I know this is an obscure example but I'm sure there are some other over sighted Pokemon that don't show up in Pokepaste. This looks really cool so far though, once it comes out to the public I would love to use it. Also, like Pokepaste you could maybe make it show the items when you hover over it for a suggestion. Though weirdly some items like Blunder Policy don't show up in Pokepaste so I'm not sure how it would work.

Unless you are specifically trying to have the div windows look the same as the teambuilder preview of teams, I think it may be helpful to also show the item images underneath each pokemon as well. This could help with the silvally/arceus issue.

Unless you are specifically trying to have the div windows look the same as the teambuilder preview of teams, I think it may be helpful to also show the item images underneath each pokemon as well. This could help with the silvally/arceus issue.
It's a combination of both intents and laziness (I just ran the teambuilder's functions), but I think I might be able to add in icon minisprites as well; will keep you posted

New changes are live in the scripts! This finally brings us to the end of the planned script releases; the next step is to finally release these as standalone extensions.

Changes:
Items are now shown in the preview
Hovering over a set in the preview will popup the entire set, which may be clicked to copy to the clipboard
The previews now also render in battles and even PMs (though they're a bit squished)
Teams with 7+ Pokemon are placed in a box instead
The format may be specified in the Paste by typing Format: 1v1 in the Notes section; a pull request has been made to also default the original Showdown! teambuilder to automatically add this in exports
Joining a room after the initial connection will now properly re-render all links

Edit: The pull request has been merged!

I look forward to seeing how people like this.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Yo! Just installed the extension on firefox and its working perfectly for the main server! :)

Im having a problem with a different kind of server though. It works fine on anything psim.us, but i got on different clients i couldn't seem to make it work. For instance, even by adding https://dragonheaven.herokuapp.com/ to the list of formats just like on the picture below, it still doesnt seem to work (i did save the script + reloaded pages multiple times)

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 11.13.14.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 11.16.20.png

This is on heroku...

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 11.16.38.png

...and this is on psim.us

Do you think you'd know what went wrong?

Also I was wondering if you were ever planning to release a version for smogon (without the import version ofc)? I feel like that could be useful to navigate around team dumps and things like that.

Final words: Great job! It works super well and its super useful.

Do you think you'd know what went wrong?
I'm not actually sure; it's possibly because the HTML structure in the custom client is different for DragonHeaven. I'll have to investigate to be sure.

Also I was wondering if you were ever planning to release a version for smogon (without the import version ofc)? I feel like that could be useful to navigate around team dumps and things like that.
This actually should be easier than doing it for PS, because I won't have to listen for new messages! I'll give it a stab later this week.

Final words: Great job! It works super well and its super useful.
Glad to see you liked it! :D

I added it to Chrome using the Tampermonkey extension and I can't get it to work. Is there a fix? I haven't used it before so I pressed create a new script and added the code from the website.

I added it to Chrome using the Tampermonkey extension and I can't get it to work. Is there a fix? I haven't used it before so I pressed create a new script and added the code from the website.
I tried re-adding the script on Chrome now; it's working properly for me. Can you check if:

a) Your pasted in script looks like this?
Screenshot from 2021-11-06 07-50-14.png

b) The script is enabled on PS?
Screenshot from 2021-11-06 07-50-24.png

(Note the green slider next to 'Three Island')

c) If both of the above are correct, could you post:
Your OS name and version
Your browser name and version
Any errors found in the Pokemon Showdown console (right click -> Inspect Element -> Console)

Maxouille

Gastrodon east sea <3
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello that's sound pretty nice!
I noticed you planned that
  • Automatic tier-guessing based on the Pokemon used (currently defaults to gen8 since no information is available)
that would be very nice if you make that callable from anywhere like an API you know or at least easy to integrate to other projects it would be helpful for a lot of other projects such as the pre's packages thing you know.

Also thanks for the popup.js mine was very buggy so I searched a solution on the web in vain but hopefully you are there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)