Tournament The ZU Classic - Playoffs (Won by Kushalos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon

Temporary Banner by Aaronboyer -- Hosted by Aaronboyer and DurzaOffTopic -- Inspiration Taken from The Smogon Classic

Welcome to the first ever ZU Classic. The first iteration of this tournament celebrates ZU's history throughout the years. Players will compete in separate tournaments for the ADV, DPP, BW, and ORAS generations, culminating in a finals where players will have to put their ZU Old Gens knowledge to the test to have a chance to win.

The format consists of four separate tournaments: The ADV Cup, The DPP Cup, The BW Cup, and The ORAS Cup. Each tournament is single elimination, best of three. Depending on your performance in a Cup, you will be awarded points. The point system is the same as the one used in Smogon Classic. When all the Cups have been finished, the eight players with the most points will advance to the playoffs. There they will battle in a best of three series until there is one undisputed ZU Classic champion.

At this point in the tournament, we've reached the playoffs. Eight players have fought their way for a coveted spot in the playoffs portion of the ZU Classic, but before I list matchups I want to thank DurzaOffTopic for cohosting with me, Xayah for covering for me W3 of ADV, and 5gen for not only finishing hosting ADV Cup but also calculating all the points for the ZU Classic. Points are shown here.

As stated previously, each matchup will play a best of three series consisting of three out of the four ZU Old Gens featured in ZU Classic: ADV, DPP, BW, and ORAS. Higher seed picks first generation. Then the loser of that game will decide the next generation, and the loser of that game will decide the last generation if a game 3 needs to be played.

Round 1 Matchups:
LordST (1) vs. neomon (8)
a fruitshop owner (2) vs. Kushalos (7)
Ho3nConfirm3d (3) vs. Mana (6)
czim (4) vs. Rav3ndan (5)

Deadline is Friday, August 16th at 10pm EST. Best of luck everyone!

Last edited:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Congratulations Kushalos for winning the first ever ZU Classic. Glad this was at least finished before ZUPL Finals, lol. See you guys next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)