The worst or most disappointing moment of your life

jrp

Banned deucer.
I was at the breaking point in the relationship with my mother. After her selling so many of my things, verbally mistreating me and not allowing me to go out places.... The first night we moved in to another house(this has been done so many times), I ripped a book of hers that had to deal with relationships since she stinks at them. She hid my Yugioh deck after that. I yelled at her for hours to give it back, then I chucked a spoon at her when walking away from me and it stabbed a big vein in her arm. She said she's bleeding and I told her "I don't give a shit anymore; you don't listen to me"... After that, she threw my Yugioh deck(the only hobby I had) and stomped on it. We went to Childrens Hospital the next day to transfer custody to my dad, and my mom tried to convince me she cared more than she did. I was leaving with my dad and she wanted one last hug. I flicked her off then left.

Or

I was the first one to discover my German Shepherd, dead, two days before Christmas 08. She was covered in snow. We had Laura for 9 1/2 years. I was playing with her about 6 hours before. The worst part was when my dad asked me to get garbage bags to put her in, and it still brings me to tears after thinking about it... Cried for like 4 hours straight the day it happened
I assume you never saw your mother again after that happened?
That sounds horrible though, I mean I have a ton of problems with my parents, but I'm not sure if I'd do that.

Did you feel guilty after doing that? :/

And losing a dog is horrible. They're pretty much family members, the thing that you can go spend time with when you're upset and it'll make you feel better, and they'll always be there for you.

When my first dog died, I was about 6, and I couldn't stop crying for about a day.

You guys and your dog stories make me feel guilty D:

When I was...probably eight, the first dog that our family had from when I was alive was put to sleep, after one of my friends came over and the dog nearly bit his ear off. My dad and my sister went to take her in after a long talk at the dinner table and my sister came back sobbing. I hardly even cried because I didn't have any good memories of the dog. I know she used to knock me over with her tail. O_o She was a black lab-rottweiler mix. We didn't really train her well since we didn't know how, and I guess it showed before she died.

I assume you never saw your mother again after that happened?

It's going on almost 7 years now since we actually saw each other . I had to see her once, for my sister's wedding. That really didn't count, though. I just recently started talking to her over the phone. If anyone knows me, it's that I keep to my word (in reference to "If you keep treating me like shit, I'm never seeing you again")... It's really not worth taking a chance to be that upset again (imagine crying til your eyes bled), so it will probably be forever.

Did you feel guilty after doing that? :/

At the time, and still to this day, I'm feeling absolutely not guilty. Words could not get through to her at all, and my sanity was on the line. That was the only thing I knew of that could get her to stop being a total bitch. I never physically harm people, but it took many months of being harassed and disrespected for me to do such a thing. To this day, I still break out and cry when somebody doesn't leave me alone.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
My dog died earlier this year. We were away at the time, and the girl who was supposed to be looking after the house and our dogs phoned one time to say that he was sick. We left him completely fine, and it he had been spending most of the time at the vet. Then, after my sister spent much of the week crying, our plane was delayed due to a huge storm where we were staying which tore up the airstrip, and so we only got to see the dog once again before he had to be put down. Afterwards, my sister cried for almost a week and my other dog has never been the same since, and this is almost 8 months ago. They had never been seperated since they were born, and even when they went to the vet they howled all night until they were put into the same cage. The house was kind of weird for ages.

Most disappointing moment was when my mom took me and my 2 friends to a concert in west philly for my birthday, got drunk, fell, and hurt herself, while knowing that she was our ride home, and none of us could drive.

Worst moment was when my dad told me that him and my step-mom were breaking up.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Summer of 1996.

Imagine you're a naïve 12 year old boy who is just playing around the house while the man that made your birth possible is drunk and watching the telly, supposedly taking care of you since nobody else is home. Now imagine that, while innocently playing, you knock over his 1 litre bottle of beer which was almost full.

Now imagine yourself, for such a stupid reason, getting beaten up. Badly. Imagine every punch on your weak body. Imagine getting spat at. Getting insulted. Being told that you were a mistake. Feeling that bottle break on your head. All that by that person who, just until a few moments ago, you were supposed to love unconditionally. Now, imagine the worst possible thing that could happen to you after that. Imagine that you're 12, and that you've no idea of what's going on. You will only know that something is… wrong.

Imagine telling your mother the next night, just for her to lock herself on her room after pulling out her hair and scream nonsense for minutes, and emerge from it the very next day without recollection of your conversation ever taking place. Now imagine having to look at that man's face for the next 7 years and pretend that nothing happened; until your mother kicked him out for unrelated reasons. Because you thought that there was nothing else you could do.

Imagine that you look exactly like him; you need the feel to shave every day despite your face resenting it just that you won't look like him even further. Imagine several suicide and murder attempts that went wrong just because of pure luck. All of them. Imagine that every time you become close to someone, those memories will haunt you and make you wonder.

It will never disappear. You will never forget it. Nothing will ever be close to being as worse as that. You will feel that any punishment, any, will not be enough. And after all that, you will remember. Hadn't you knocked that bottle over, nothing would've happened. It was all your fault. And you'll have to live with that until you die. And to this day, you cannot hug. The pain is just too great.

As for most disappointing… imagine any moment of great "happiness" after that. Any. It will not make you happy, unlike it does to the rest of the world.

When I was rejected from Cornell 3 days ago.

I had a rough start in high school and in the past year I tried as much as I could to improve my academic record. After I got 2300 on the SAT, I really felt that I had a chance at the top schools, but I guess my GPA, rank, and ECs are just too sub-par.

Most disappointing moment was when my mom took me and my 2 friends to a concert in west philly for my birthday, got drunk, fell, and hurt herself, while knowing that she was our ride home, and none of us could drive.
Your mom sounds bad ass.

joining marriland

lololol

srsly, probably when i failed to qualify for the chess gigafinal due to the most n00bish tactic ever used against me.

This is more a really weird stupid and annoying moment but

Myy dog just jumped at me and got his nose in my eye O_o Hurt like a mother. Now someone's gonna end up asking how I got a black eye and I'll have to say something like "oh, my dog."

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
^ LOL. I got cold nosed in the eye once too.

My grandfather died. My dad ran away when I was 2, so he was like my father. He was such an amazing person, and we had a great relationship. Now my family is falling apart without him.

Sometimes I look back at my life and feel disappointed in myself. I was too naive and immature and I used to compensate for my shyness and lack of confidence with cockiness/acting like a dick.

I used to have a dog. He was loving and affectionate, and he was a part of the family. He knew us. His personality was almost magnetic, and you could see the intelligence in his eyes. The whole family loved him.
One day I was out playing with him in the front yard. We lived in a maze of residential backstreets, so traffic never drove past. All of a sudden, the neighbours across the street left their house, and my dog noticed them. I told him to stay, but he ignored me, which wasn't like him at all. He was running over to the fence when I heard the engine of a truck approaching, and I was overcome with dread. I knew something was going to happen, and I'm thinking "shit, grab him!" but I just froze up. The truck was an 18 wheeler, and he didn't seem to notice it at all when he ran across the road to the neighbours. I had to stand there an watch him run under the trailer and get battered around between the wheels. He just lay there motionless after the truck drove away. I could have stopped him, but I didn't.

I'm jobless ATM, and I really struggle to get interviews. I'm starting to think that people don't take me seriously. I look a lot younger than I actually am, I'm cute and innocuous, and have an extremely timid personality. People are always acting like I'm incapable or stupid, and I get so tired of being pushed aside for the more mature/experienced person.

I knew almost all of my friends through one guy. When we decided to start a relationship, I felt happier than I ever had before. We were best friends too, and if felt so liberating to tear off the veil and be myself around him. We were together for a year, but we had a huge argument, and fell out. I broke up with him after he physically abused me, and I lost all of my friends in the process.

I have nothing now. It couldn't get any worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)