The World Cup of Pokemon 2021 - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
also one more thing, can someone explain to me the point of 4 subs? what are the odds that 4 starters on any given week on one team either a, have other obligations, b, have a john for an opponent, or c got hit on the head with a coconut and can't play mons anymore?

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
also one more thing, can someone explain to me the point of 4 subs? what are the odds that 4 starters on any given week on one team either a, have other obligations, b, have a john for an opponent, or c got hit on the head with a coconut and can't play mons anymore?
there's 3 weeks

Reactions: TPH

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Substitutes can be actual people who contribute to their team's success through teambuilding, tests, and more beyond potentially substituting in. There is no need to reduce the amount of substitutes, even if most teams do not make use of all four.

idk im with my man legendaryc26 here. while finch makes a good point that substitutes often are "actual people", there's also the chance that they're not. evidence below:

think its important that we take this into account. smogon tournaments have been on the decline and we should demand higher quality and i think reducing the number of subs is a step in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)