Finals The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Finals [Won by Team Italy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so blessed. I could captain the finest collection of Pokémon talents I have ever witnessed. If you asked me 5 years ago whether Italy would ever win a WCoP you’d have me laughing and saying “nah no way”, and many older users like Slimmer would 100% agree with me. Little did I know that the current generation of talents was starting to form around that time.

Averardo thanks for captaining with me. It’s easy to become the butt of jokes, but it’s hard to take it so gracefully as you did.

Tricking I don’t understand how could someone be so bad and so good at the game at the same time. If someone asked me how to learn SS or SM, I’d tell them to watch your replays and try to emulate you. If they ever could, that is. Crazy player

Raiza been a long ass time my man. I like to think that you got good at BW by playing daily with me, but of course your style of playing is the opposite of mine so who the hell knows really. Regardless, the way you adapted to SS so quickly was incredible, keep it up. Or don’t, you’ve been playing for almost as long as me, and I know how taxing the game can be at times.

H.M.N.I.P EN WCOP?!?!?!?! I was not 100% about you, but damn I drank the Pietro kool-aid. I chugged it down and drown in it. It has now absorbed me and I am a Pietro worshipper. No more using Thunderbolt on Ground types 3 times in a row mmkay?

Empo the strongest player around at the moment. You’re crazy, I wish I had an ounce of your skill, I’d have 100% winrate in BW. Unfortunately, we cannot have everything, so I’ll have to just be ok with praising you as the best SS and SM player around at the moment.

Kebab mlml much like Averardo, you are often the butt of jokes, but damn, what a player. I don’t understand your playstyle AT ALL, and yet you pull off some spectacular wins even when you really shouldn’t.

Will of Fire man, I’ve known about your existence forever, and yet we almost never interacted up to about a year ago. I don’t know how you manage to do what you do, but know that I appreciate your efforts a lot, and that I wish more people were like you. Much love man.

Lopunny Kicks you know...you are another player I can’t stand with your OMEGA BORING playstyle. Like I’ll catch some Zs while watching you pilot the nth iteration of Reuniclus Clefable Ditto stall to perfection. However, you are a master of the craft, so I have a lot of respect for you.

Rexus another player that tends to fly under the radar, and yet you are incredibly strong. I guess being labelled a PU main does that to your reputation. Just know that I am 100% impressed with you, and that I have a lot of respect for the way you play.

Mix Eh anch'io in realtà vorrei delucidazioni dal dottor Mix in quanto oggi mentre mia madre stendeva i panni, compiendo il gesto del lancio della biancheria pulita verso la mia direzione con ang. 45°, mi sono lasciato sfuggire la biancheria e lei senza esitare mi ha detto: "para cazzo.."

-Niko- I know that your performance in groups wasn’t stellar, but know that we’ve all been there. Big tournaments can really pressure you into suboptimal plays. What matters is that you never gave up, and played an ungodly amount of games to bring fresh teams and ideas to the table.

Santu another top player. You went undefeated for a reason. I don’t really have much to say as we don’t speak as often as I do with other players, but know that I have the utmost respect for you as a player.

Prinz another old player like me, you were already a top dog 8 years ago, and you still are, which is crazy considering the lifespan of the game. You were busy and still found the time to put in a lot of effort to try teams out and bring your own ideas. I respect that a lot. Next Classic is yours...if you start listening to my advice in BW.

LittleBigPlanet2 thanks for all the building help. You and WoF were the heart and soul of our squad. We would not have done so well without your help

Aurella Corckscrew BK Micaiah you were also extremely helpful (except Kappa with his annoying “bring stall and you always win” shenanigans). Aurella’s scoutings are truly amazing, and Corck is an excellent builder, get this guy for Snake, he’s 100% worth it. BK is always a pleasure to have around, as he brings the kind of insight only a master of the game can bring. Still, stop pretending stall is the only viable playstyle. Micaiah is a legit good player too, too bad he’s busy wasting his talents in NatDex. Shameful display.

umbreon098 you don’t have a trophy, and yet you should have two. You are a great player, although your best tiers are a bit weird. I foresee a bright future ahead of you if you keep up with the game though, so go get’em champ.

I love pink mons...I don't know if you even have a Smogon account, I tried searching but nothing came up. Still, thanks for the help, you were very helpful with your ideas, especially early on.

NEVERMIND I FOUND YOU I like pink mons THANKS YOU'RE A REAL G.

fran17 extremely funny user who is definitely the antithesis of the average Pokémon player. Too bad the nazi mods locked you up UNJUSTLY. FREE FRAN17

cellerino SBANNATELO PDM

Renny RENNI RENNI RENNI RENNI RENNI.

I still cannot believe we won, it was a lot of hard work. It was a gargantuan task for me, someone who barely plays anymore, and all I did was laddering a lot to test out the teams, and I can’t imagine how taxing it has been for people who actually laddered and built all of the teams to make sure we were always ready for our games.

Thanks to kjdaas for hosting the tournament too, it was a pleasure.

See you all around fellas...I’ll still play the game most likely, but I don’t know if anything will ever top this moment. Winning with a bunch of people who you’ve been knowing for a long time and whom you have seen grow as players is a feeling that’s impossible to replicate. You'll still find me losing my hair over the BW ladder most likely. SS is kinda fun, especially now that Cinderace is gone, so who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)