The World Cup of Pokémon 2019 - Qualifying Round (Round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
So Noisy vs. popoling

India vs. China did not disappoint, especially an epic game such as this one. Both players brought sick teams with the legendary Lando-T/Kartana core and four fillers. I'm no Miss Cleo, yet I knew from the start that it was going to be the SM OU match of all matches. So Noisy was strong, but popoling was Chinese strong; that's the difference maker.

At turn 6, a balls-less Volcarona user would have clicked Defog with his Tapu Fini. But no, not popoling. The guy knew 100% for sure that So Noisy was going to send in Magearna to take a potential Moonblast, so he Nature's Madness'ed Magearna and drained 1/2 of its HP. That was a big man with big balls play. If that wasn't hot enough, popoling Nature's Madness'ed yet again knowing that AV Magearna would only tickle his perfectly EV'ed Tapu Fini with Volt Switch.

At turn 11, a chicken shit user would have no doubt Defogged with Fini. Again, not popoling. This guy Moonblasted the shit out of the incoming Kartana. My mind was already half blown at that time.

Defogging at Turn 16 was next-level play, as Fini was down to 30% HP at that point and wouldn't be able to switch into Greninja comfortably any longer. That was the play of all plays. My jaws dropped to the floor.

Turns 18-20 made my mind blown for real. Popoling switching his Lando-T into So Noisy's Lando-T to take the predicted Z-Fly AND cut So Noisy's Lando-T's attack in half to set up a sweep with Volcarona? Too much. So Noisy didn't know it at that time, but popoling knew that minus an unfortunate critical hit from Fly, Lando-T would be setup bait for Volcarona. Popoling then easily swept So Noisy's team with Volcarona to win the game. Thus the popoling dynasty was born.

Last edited:
Round 2:

(0)
Asia
vs the Netherlands
(0)

SM OU: Fruitdealer vs Jordy
SM OU: Chill Shadow vs frisoeva
SM OU: CKW vs Knuckstrike
ORAS OU: Altina vs Michielleus
BW OU: Analytic vs Jarii
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs Drud
ADV OU: eden's embrace vs tjdaas
GSC OU: Arifeen vs TheWall
RBY OU: Kingler12345 vs Djokra

Team Asia Captains:
Analytic & BHARATH_THEBEST

Team Asia Substitutes:
BHARATH_THEBEST WhiteQueen IPF Sharow sugarhigh Pkel SweeTforU

Team Netherlands Captains:
Djokra & Drud

Team Netherlands Substitutes:
Elise Count Riario TheShadowClaw Zeden Aurora Jelmerlicious

(0)
Latin America vs China
(0)

SM OU: Lycans vs popoling
SM OU: ZDen vs Langzi- -
SM OU: Spectear vs yjh971203
ORAS OU: Lusa vs psychicmewtwo
BW OU: Posho vs Separation
DPP OU: Gondra vs wuqianying
ADV OU: CyberOdin vs dragonitenb
GSC OU: Vileman vs chengduoldsuperbro成都老超哥
RBY OU: Raichy vs beiying

Team Latin America Captains:
Spectear & ZDen

Team Latin America Substitutes:
Jhonx~ Yvettee lucardinho Leo -PkmTrainerBlue- Sadlysius

Team China Captains:
fsk & yjh971203

Team China Substitutes:
yoppie Torchic guangguang JohnYiu Quagmander sstj

Deadline for this round of games is Sunday, May 19 at 11:59 PM GMT-4. Good luck to all participants!

LA vs China seems interesting, I know pretty much everyone on LA's roster and think that almost everyone there is competent enough to bring it home. That being said, yjhnumbers is a fucking superstar and seeing him leading such an inspiring and spirited team is a pleasure to watch. May the best team grab the spot. :blobnom:

IPF

sundown
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
SM OU: Fruitdealer vs Jordy
SM OU: Chill Shadow vs frisoeva
SM OU: CKW vs Knuckstrike
ORAS OU: Altina vs Michielleus
BW OU: Analytic vs Jarii
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs Drud
ADV OU: eden's embrace vs tjdaas
GSC OU: Arifeen vs TheWall
RBY OU: Kingler12345 vs Djokra

LETS FUCKING GET IT BOYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)