The World Cup of Pokémon 2019 - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to the penultimate edition of the UNBIASED POWER RANKINGS
only 6 more teams to go vros

Canada:

Canada has been a team that has always struggled to make a big splash in this tournament. The roster has gone through many changes over the years, but somehow the team has consistently managed to make the wrong moves. They infamously kicked Iconic to the curb for RODAN, and decided that Edgar was a better OU player than Tesung. There's usually at least some hope with this team, but this year seems a bit different, featuring a cast of characters that perhaps even the SPL 8 Classiest could go toe to toe with. The star player here is blunder, who will unfortunately be tasked with attempting to lead this sinking ship to even an average record. He had an amazing SPL run, and I'd say there is a pretty good shot he finishes with a 3-0 record.

The SM core of the team is uninspiring, to say the least. suapah, Jytcampbell, and Hayburner are all names that have floated around in the tour circuit for a while. I'd say the skill level of the trio is closer to average than good, which doesn't bode well for the team considering how awful their old gens look. Jrdn is the final slot here, and while I do vaguely recall his name from somewhere, there's probably a 90% chance he's garbage.

FLCL is another big name on the team, who will look to put forth a solid effort in BW OU. It is unfortunate that there are no lower tiers in this tournament, but the weeb is a capable BW player, albeit not one that I would put in the higher echelon of the competition. The next 4 four tiers are where the real nonsense begins. Texas has never been a good player and in 2019, he's definitely crust as well. It is the thinking gen, but I don't really have high hopes here. Heysup's an LC main who is probably crust as well. As I've said before on these rankings, the ADV pool is improved compared to SPL. I don't really see him faring too well against the plethora of solid players in the tier. In GSC, the team has decided to throw in Jirachee. I think Phil is probably slightly below average or something of the sort; his 28-40 record in the sheet tells a similar story. The player pool is terrible, but I don't really have high hopes either way. I don't really know how good Genesis is in RBY, but I have no reason to think he's competent so.

Overall, this team seems to have taken a huge step back from previous editions of Canada. I would be shocked if they made the playoffs.

China:

Here we are bros. The most overhyped team in World Cup history. Some people are acting like this is A PLAYOFF TEAM!? Like what LMAO what are people looking at here. All I see is a bunch of made-up names dude. The "star" player here is psychicmewtwo, who, while probably slightly above average, is nowhere near the caliber of the other top stars of the tournament. I expect him to decently.

Is there really a point talking about the rest of the roster LMAO HELLO. yjh is like decent? at best? LOL like I would't be shocked if he was garbage. The rest of the roster consists of a bunch of complete randoms who people seem to randomly have faith in just because they're Chinese. Like what LMAO This shit defies all logic and I really wouldn't be shocked at all if this team got completely smashed in the play-in stage and didn't make the tournament. They're awful. At least they're not starting JohnYiu LMAO thank the lord that clown's not playing again.

Overall...this team's fucking terrible LMAO get this off my screen.

US Midwest:

We end this edition of the Power Rankings with the worst US team. The star player here is dice, who I've been very high on for a while. He struggled a bit in BW OU in SPL 10, but I still think he's a top 3-4 player in the tier and should be able to smash the competition.

The SM OU core is a mix of pretty sub-par names. UltraBallz was decent enough in SPL I suppose, but I'll need to see more from him before I have more faith in his abilities. TaceBreeze is like an LL goon or some shit LOL he's irrelevant by virtue of the sheet. Sjneider was complete dogshit in SPL 10 in his "main" tiers...so I think he'll get annihilated here. And lastly...who tf is john w LMAO hello he's def garbage.

Eo finds himself in ORAS, which is...interesting. I think he's a relatively solid player in BW OU, but I'm not really sure how to feel about him in this tier. I guess he'll do decently. I've heard of Groudon. before but he's irrelevant according to the sheet. Windsong's pretty heat in RU but like LOL there's no way this man is good at ADV dude. MRE FINALLY MAKES HIS RETURN TO THE TOUR SCENE OMG GOAT!!! I think he'll do decently and end up at either 1-2 or 2-1. The final member of the old gens core is Nails, who turned heads with his masterful SPL display. The RBY pool has slightly improved, but I like what I saw from him. I think he'll do relatively well.

Overall, this team's pretty garbage and I don't really see them making waves.

Overall Rankings:

1. US Northeast (duh)

2. US West
3. France
4. Italy
5. Brazil
6. US South
7. Germany

8. Canada
9. US Midwest
10. Latin America
11. Oceania
12. Asia
13. Greece
14. Austria
15. China

16. India
17. The Netherlands

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Series of short ones here today.
UK Chant number 4: Jamvad, wherever you may be. In memory of mencemeat.
To the tune of this:

Lyrics:
Jaaamvaaad, wherever you may be
We're sad that you've found yourself a new country
It could be worse; you could have joined EU
Brexit means Brexit and we're coming for you

UK Chant number 5: Benjamin
To the tune of this

Lyrics:
Benjamin AKA The Hallows he’s our Welsh hero
He'll sac his lead and sweep your team; the score will be five-zero
6ft5 he's hard as fuck; he shags the sheep from Cardiff
He still pulls yats - he doesn't care if your bird's off the market

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)