The World Cup of Pokémon 2018 - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever spends more than 2 hours for a single game of pokémon without wondering something to himself is a loser, regardless of the result

Love this game
Ive never understood this attitude of being completely fine with playing multiple hours of pokemon but as soon as its a single game thats taking a long time its something to be avoided at all cost. Personally I enjoy playing a good long game that involves ressource management and low benefit momentum much more than multiple mediocre ladder games.

Any chance you could post the replay, this threads been going off over what bomber did and I, along with others I'm sure would like to see what happened. I'd watch it on replays myself but the search function in replays is down.

439 turns. 439 turns and not a single thing died. I don't know what gsc HO looks like, but if having 6v6 after 439 turns is the meta, I don't see the point of it. Granted most of the limited gsc I've seen didn't go that long but they were still matches that went well into triple digits. I understand long battles. But here, it feels like the only wincons are running out pp after the other guy, large amounts of hax, or them having to leave because of other obligations

X LUCK X

Banned deucer.
Ive never understood this attitude of being completely fine with playing multiple hours of pokemon but as soon as its a single game thats taking a long time its something to be avoided at all cost. Personally I enjoy playing a good long game that involves ressource management and low benefit momentum much more than multiple mediocre ladder games.
"ladder is low quality" meme still going strong when ck james could run 6-0 up on yo asses. smogon is the real low quality but ladder has players from a more elite community (pokemon amino) and they playing over a large quantity of games which proves skill more than these pathetic bo1s. smh.

"ladder is low quality" meme still going strong when ck james could run 6-0 up on yo asses. smogon is the real low quality but ladder has players from a more elite community (pokemon amino) and they playing over a large quantity of games which proves skill more than these pathetic bo1s. smh.
Then how come most of these ppl lose in OST r3 and dont get past #15 during the end of OLT cycles :bloblul: Ladder as a system is obviously better in determining the better player, however, there is no incentive for someone like ABR (and many far less established tournament players) to grind on there daily like fantastic fuego.

X LUCK X

Banned deucer.
Then how come most of these ppl lose in OST r3 and dont get past #15 during the end of OLT cycles
1) Inherent variance in bo3, especially in SM. A player of your caliber having such a deep run in said tourney is proof of that, as everyone knows by now.
2) Because no prominent ladder only players have ever qualified for OLT? Not true at all. At the top of my head, Evanston. (Bloody as well but he didn't sign up and thus wasn't in poffs).

If I want to see flawless gameplay I will watch top ladder games. If I ever want to see literal boomers arguing over activity wins and remaking games when someone has to leave a 4 hour game, rest assured, Smogon is the #1 place for that and will be my first stop.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
You’re hood dude. I’ve been #1 hundreds of times over the course of 4 different gens on the ladder and I’m straight asshole at this game. You ain’t gettin no high quality gameplay from watchin me play

Last edited:

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
1) Inherent variance in bo3, especially in SM. A player of your caliber having such a deep run in said tourney is proof of that, as everyone knows by now.
2) Because no prominent ladder only players have ever qualified for OLT? Not true at all. At the top of my head, Evanston. (Bloody as well but he didn't sign up and thus wasn't in poffs).

If I want to see flawless gameplay I will watch top ladder games. If I ever want to see literal boomers arguing over activity wins and remaking games when someone has to leave a 4 hour game, rest assured, Smogon is the #1 place for that and will be my first stop.
then delete your account and leave us alone ?_=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)