The World Cup of Pokémon 2018 - Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
To act as if my team's performance is somehow a reflection of myself, or to intimate that Asia's performance does not lessen how badly you set yourself to look foolish with your unnecessary, childish tantrum towards its members or their integrity, is outright laughable. I publicized this issue because it never ceases to amaze me how many people are stupid enough not to heed the golden adage our of sport: "He who taunts recklessly will have his tongue ripped out." When blessed by Lady Fortuna's munificence, you squandered the opportunity by acting no better than a vile troll or ugly goblin who deserved to be embarrassed. However, what truly made me succumb to the temptation to confront you and act like "one of you" was the very words you said, all which made it seem as if you were talking about yourself. I made this known because others should know that the way you behaved was infinitely stupid; therefore, it should serve as an effective warning to others not to make the same mistake. I don't wish for better, more noble people to be humiliated like you were.

Now, you're more than free to make excuses for your disastrous loss, as is your wont. Nonetheless, in reality, you were making fun of nothing more than a mirror which shattered into a million pieces along with your ego upon your defeat, which is the only thing "pathetic" that I see here. I was not intending to "bait" you because I am no fisherman. No, I am a poet, scholar, and--in this realm--a knight like the rest of you. As you may know (I now doubt how much of a knight you truly are. You appear to be more of a flippant jester) knights do not rectify their qualms with worms and rods, but rather with swords, shields, and jousts. I don't bait. I discuss, I confront, and I fight when needed. Sometimes I am not always successful when I do battle; however, when I am, I do not exhibit a deplorable level of juvenile insouciance towards my fellow men in arms like you do. There is no reason for you to claim the Asian people are nothing more than a joke, yet at the same time remind us that "you only lost in close games." In the end, we dwell in the same losers' quarters--you are no better than us. However, if I had to choose between fighting alongside a band of honorable knights who would not unjustly cast aspersions towards the character of others, or a gang or uncouth ruffians who foolishly earn the enmity of Lady Fortuna and Lord Karma for their arrogance, then I will gladly fight on the losing side every time. I am still grateful for the opportunity the Asian people gave me, and you--an irrelevant jester who has accomplished practically nothing--have no idea how passionate they were. A great deal of care and effort was put into the team, a team that was hungry this year and whose voracious appetite has not even been close to satiated. I have the utmost confidence that this experience has strengthened them tremendously.

You also think it's clever to tell me that I'm in no position to say anything because I happened to lose two contests out of the 100,000 I've had in the arts of red, blue, and yellow. If only you didn't lose not one, not two, but eight, I might have done something other than chuckle by such an overall infantile response. I suppose you were right about one thing, though:

"bro we kinda sucked for the last 3 years."

Uck. Ugh. Indeed.
sir this is a wendy's drive through

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
Sadly, our team didn’t break the curse this year, BUT frenchies will keep supporting team france and next year our representant will be back to impress you even more. And next year, no luck will be able to stop us, and next year, no east will stop us, and next year, we will be crowned thanks to our fantastics players in team france !

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Writing up individual shoutouts would obviously be silly so I'll make it quick. We truly deserved better this week but we also had our fair share of missteps so only blaming rng would be slightly short sighted. Nonetheless, I'd like to thanks the team for a fun season and for giving me a shot at starting r1 despite my lack of prior experience in SM OU. I'd also like to thanks the french community for always cheering for us, we all appreciated it a lot and hopefully we wont let you down next time. ggs NE, rooting for Europe in the remainder.

Last edited:
All of us were feeling that this year was going to be the one, but in the end it wraps up in a similar fashion as the previous wcop. I'm really disappointed because of the effort we put in to improve our playing after the huge disenchantment of last year.

I'm proud of my mates, the most important is that we had a lot of fun talking in the chat because this tournament is as much about Pokemon as about having a good time with quality people. You guys are fantastic pokemon trainers and great persons (even you fourmiz !!!). Our generation is the equivalent of the 1998-2000 french soccer team but with 15 Zidane and 0 Guivarch, we'll bring that trophy home soon enough

Props to East for remaining powerful even after the changes you went through, at least the US sucks at soccer :p see you in smogon tour 26, olt sucks

Bonus : most powerful set of all time

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
France éliminée par us east (roro t'es nul)
---

Énorme R1, qui se termine sur une énième déception, il nous manque toujours un truc ...

Shout out au Sm qui était impressionnant et très actif, shout out aux old gens pour le travail accompli aussi, c'était cool de bosser avec vous
Shout out aux nouveaux qui se sont super bien intégré et qui ont apporté leurs contributions, première année depuis longtemps où on doit pas dégager un canceroide

Wollah j'espère quelqu'un tappe ces fils d'arnaques derrière jpp de ces mecs

Valentine

Banned deucer.
ggs brazil

our series could've used less hax
i think every single ice beam resulted in a freeze .. :pikuh:

nonetheless, it was exciting to play against a team as solid as brazil. very fun playing elodin after missing him in the group stages. i'll always remember the RMT i formatted with destiny device, watching eternal spirit through his OLT run, and cheering on brazil the year they won against East. i think the #1 seed is cursed ..

looking forward to semis,
thankful to have supportive and motivated teammates,

LET'S GO WEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)