Finals The World Cup of Pokémon 2018 - Finals [Won by Team US Northeast]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
all this post accomplishes is validate elodin’s points about east being poor sports and how they perpetuate a negative tournament culture ... with a severe lack of respect for other participants
open your eyes and read Val. Regardless this will be my last post regarding any of this. West put up a good fight in finals and it was fun. Im sure next year the tournament will be just as tight and hope its not a "massive disappointment" to some of the spectators.

e. i cant say i always condone kevs behavior so i cant really comment on that.

ever since i started playing pkmn on this site i came to a frightening conclusion: these kids are all pussy ass bitches. whether they are ass lickers looking to become a super mod, or booty hole sniffing trash ladder players, or fake woke admins sucking nuts in the mom's basement, you can assure urself that you are dealing with some real children on this site. expecting people to be anything other than the pussy ass bitches they are, all riled up and sweaty behind their keyboard, is crazy. just join them and get your jokes off.

all this post accomplishes is validate elodin’s points about east being poor sports and how they perpetuate a negative tournament culture ... with a severe lack of respect for other participants
First of all, you are calling out an entire team based on a couple or a few people's actions and words. This is really lame and you should know not to. I myself have definitely said stuff but the "actions reflect an entire team" thing is total bs.
x[

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
lol im not gonna lie i dont really care about any sort of fighting or whatever but its fun when smogon explodes and people start writing shit like this. it makes it exciting to log on and see people fighting even if i pretend to be above it all at times. those of you that are my bros on west know you are special shoutout to val who i will always let everyone know i owe a ton to with regard to this game. hope everyone enjoys our dumbass little hobby that we all get insanely worked up over myself included its so weird that this game can be so inconsequential yet so engrossing. i really love it

lol im not gonna lie i dont really care about any sort of fighting or whatever but its fun when smogon explodes and people start writing shit like this. it makes it exciting to log on and see people fighting even if i pretend to be above it all at times. those of you that are my bros on west know you are special shoutout to val who i will always let everyone know i owe a ton to with regard to this game. hope everyone enjoys our dumbass little hobby that we all get insanely worked up over myself included its so weird that this game can be so inconsequential yet so engrossing. i really love it
I'm just waiting for that 1 Authority member who spends his livelihood logged on to this site from every technological equipment he owns, to come in and sweep every Beautiful post on this back and forth Myspace Vs Facebook drama. I agree, this kind of drama is the only good thing about Smogon.com.

Huh? I’m legitimately confused as to why West is being vilified here. Can someone actually point me to where anybody said anything so offensive as to merit the shit talking taking place in this thread?

If anything, I think our team as a whole stayed relatively humble, considering how well we performed despite everybody thinking we were a bottom tier team from the start.

And bro, bkc, you know I love you, but your post is so unbelievably hypocritical after what you said to Lax. That was so uncalled for it’s not even funny. And did you see us retaliate from that? No. Lax instead made an honest post about how he feels you’re the better player so he had to take a risk. Like how can you get more humble than that in a tie break win post?

Here’s the truth. West was never supposed to be a grand finals team this year. The odds were so heavily stacked against us, I almost didn’t play. We lost many of our best players and long time West friends to redrawing of regions, unfair (IMO) bans, legit bans, and personal schedule conflicts.

Despite the almost completely new lineup, we somehow scraped our way back in prelims from 2-7 to reach tie breaks, where we were dealt a poorly thought out format that had us severely disadvantaged due to our lack of SM OU experience. Yet, we narrowly beat out Germany to make it through to playoffs.

There, we began to truly find our rhythm as a team. We had dominant performances in Quarters and Semis against really talented teams in Brazil and Canada. Yet, we didn’t boast or gas each other up any more than every other team in WCoP does.

We finally found ourselves, the underdogs that nobody expected to make it out of prelims, let alone grand finals, up against the favorite to take the whole tournament. How we managed to take this series to a third game tie break, I actually don’t know, but I’m damn proud of our accomplishment. Don’t you dare shit on it by making us sound like we were the bad guys in any way, shape, or form. Take your hard fought, well deserved trophies, and act like the champions you are, not sore winners.

To my West team: I’m not going to do individual shout outs since I’m afraid of forgetting somebody like Lax did. Be proud of how amazing our run was this season. Nobody believed in us, and yet we came as close as possible to being the David to East’s Goliath. I’ve participated in this tournament for nearly a decade now, and this season will go down as one of ones I’m most proud of in my Smogon career. Congratulations to you all on the odds-defying performance.

GGFan

Banned deucer.
For the mentally sound person who can't be bothered to trudge through all of this muck, I have been kind enough to translate the tension that has transpired. I am, unfortunately, fluent in "Autisese," as it's called, due to the eternity I've spent in this realm. Ahem, now then.....

"Pot

Kettle

Black."

Now, as for the WCOPP? That should be a classy, grandiose affair.

And, as for your dear, endearing GGFan, perhaps I'll see you all in SPL. Adieu for now, my wonderful new friends and bitter, old enemies!

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thank you for having me team! Really loved getting to play with my old frens and some new. Appreciate you guys working with my wedding/honeymoon schedule and giving me a chance to play in finals despite me trying to argue for dual dance Ferrothorn all season. Was a pleasure. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)