The UU MasterChef Season 1 (won by warzoid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, it has been some time since I played on showdown, but I was bored at work and this looked fun. When I saw the pool to choose from, I knew immediately what I wanted to do. I have been thinking about an Adaptability team since daunt dropped, but never made it. This was a good excuse to make one. I started with the given Crawdaunt set and paired it with Specs Porygon-Z. Specs P-Z packs a huge punch but gets slept on this meta because Sylveon is so good right now and Conkeldurr is here now, but it fit the idea of the team and added another means to cripple mons with Trick the same way Daunt can with Switcheroo. Next up, to continue the idea for the team, Mega Bee comes in. Absorbs T-Spikes as well as allowing momentum to be gained through U-Turn into one of the aforementioned mons. Gyarados was added because it was on the list of potential Pokemon, and a physical set up mon with Intimidate worked well. Easily the weakest member tho, as far as necessity. Cresselia was a really easy toss for the team, CM Cress easily sweeps once things are weakened by Daunt and P-Z, plus its bulky enough to take hits from this teams problem mons. Lastly I throw Empoleon in because I needed rocks + hazard removal and, in case I got to test enough and found something to replace Gyara with, it was also on the list. So, that's the team!

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Switcheroo

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Trick

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Moonblast

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roar

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-424712643 Mega Bee wins after Daunt breaks Galv's sash and rocks go up
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-424707829 Gyara wins, cause no electric types
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-424715365 close game where playing around Rotom-H and Vap was annoying

Mammo is my lead of choice around 80% of the time. It beats the majority of other sash leads due to its high attack stat + priority. Crawdaunt is great to help wear down bulky waters that like to switch in to it. Switcharoo obviously helps cripple walls although most of the time I prefer just weakening them with knock off or hammer to make it easier on other team members to clean up. Crobat's main purpose is to serve as an extremely reliable defogger, which is extremely important to this team (both to keep sash intact and due to the teams SR weekness). Gyarados is the secondary water type I chose to go with. Because this team applies so much pressure to the opponent (both with immediate power and the danger of set up sweepers), your foe will be more likely to leave him self in a compromised situation in an attempt to kill one of your threats. This will help give gyarados more opportunities to set up. Mega-Aero provides great support to the team with speed and the ability to boost its attack. Flying stab also helps vs grass types that crawdaunt struggles with. Vivillion is the mon on this team most opponents tend to sleep on (in more ways than one). This mon is my way of slowing down the pace against balanced style teams. Vivilion is able to sleep + set up on most defensive cores in the UU tier, and keeping its sash in tact makes this even easier.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- knock off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Switcheroo

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Vivillon-Icysnow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake

Mega Swampert's SR set is long forgotten and very effective in my opinion. Most opponents will either try to either prevent rocks, mega their beedrill which lets you take a chunk out of something, or hit you, which won't ohko if not grass. Meanwhile, you're likely getting rocks or 2hko'ing the lead or the predict. If you do see the grass move coming or see yourself losing the hazard war with the opposing lead, Crobat and Celebi are pretty full proof switches. Mirror coat is a lot of fun with Pert's HP stats to clear out those pesky Suicines and Milotics so Celebi can clean later. Plate bat is also a lot of fun, because ladder will typically assume you're banded until you need something else. Meanwhile, this Celebi set dominates much of the meta as long as the opponent isn't running Maero or Escavalier. Meanwhile, Maero gets wrecked by Megapert, and Escavalier(and most switch ins that don't like a burn) get evaporated by banded Entei. I'm running 242 speed because I outspeed timid Sylveon and always take multiple specs Hyper Voices from modest specs Sylv. Crawdaunt is the real hero that basically beats everything Entei and Celebi don't or lazily cleans with banded Aqua Jet late game. Finally, Krook and Drei do very poor against this team, making it pretty easy to last ditch cheap out your opponent with cm 2 attack Cress.

Entei and Megapert destroy it, but Escavalier is easily the biggest threat to this team.

Fun late night game against a fellow chef: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-425261617

Tour replay with Craw dominance lategame: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-424999597

Celebi setting the stage for Crawdaunt: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-424919111

Bulky Entei having fun against a guy that wanted to play based on tour performance with a Celebi cleaning: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-425025882

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Switcheroo

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Mirror Coat

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Last edited:

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Switcheroo

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 24 HP / 236 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Sticky Web

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass
I decided that the perfect water type partner for banded Crawdaunt would be Sub DD Gyarados. Crawdaunt's main counter, Chesnaught, becomes unable to counter Gyarados once it gets hit with the Switcheroo, so Crawdaunt can put in work regardless of whether the opponent has a Chesnaught. At this point, I realized how annoying Entei would be to the team, even with my two water types. I decided to use Galvantula to get up webs so that Entei couldn't outspeed and burn them. Life Orb Thunder and Bug Buzz help with opposing bulky waters and Celebi. Volt Switch can help get the crab in versus a special wall. Next, I needed rocks and a bulky ground type, so Nidoqueen was the obvious pick. I then added Doublade to spinblock and check Aero. Doublade is running an insane amount of speed, allowing it to outspeed Umbreon without webs and Timid Sylveon / Adamant MegaPert with webs. Finally, the team desperately needed a Hydreigon check, so I added specs Sylveon. I prefer Modest over Timid on most teams, but Timid outspeeds Cobalion with webs up.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-425214833 - Doublade dodges a Scald burn to pave the way
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-425218862 - Sylveon is good even when knocked off
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-425223339 - bulky Cobalion catches me off guard but the team still comes through

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Time's up! Hands in the air! Well done, participants!

(I'm so sorry, Sam I Yam; your team will not be accepted because you posted only one replay.)

Here are the entries for this week's cycle! Quite surprised to have a substantial amount of participants this week!

- Raphael2711
- Nightingales
- Æ_R
- Lord Esche
- Dread Plate
- Kamer
- warzoid

Everyone is asked to vote for the top two picks in the following categories:
  • CREATIVITY - Does the team made use of unusual Pokemon and/or sets that are very intriguing at first glance (required Pokemon included)?
  • ESSENCE - Are the required Pokemon of great help to the team's overall presence?
  • EFFECTIVENESS - Is the team worth a masterpiece to use even for Smogon Grand Slam's UU Open?

Everyone has until August 28, Sunday, 11:59 PM GMT -4 to vote for the top teams. The more voters, the better ;)

Creativity - Nightingales(Floatzel), Kamer(non-standard functional sets)
Essence - Warzoid(webs help craw and gyara), Kamer(most replays with craw just cleaning house after other mons chip)
Effectiveness - Kamer(head to head replay with who I was going to pick), Warzoid (high ladder replays)

Creativity- Kamer, Sam I Yam Nightingales
Essence- Warzoid, Kamer
Elevation - Warzoid, Kamer

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Creativity - Sam I Yam Nightingales, Kamer
Essence - warzoid, Nightingales
Effectiveness - warzoid, Kamer

Last edited:

Euphonos

CREATIVITY
1. Nightingales - Only Sam I Yam will be Nightingales's contender if it weren't for his team's eligibility issues. No other player has used a Pokemon from the depths of the lower tiers other than Nightingales.
2. Kamer - This team defines catching opponents off guard with top tier Pokemon but with surprising yet functional sets (as most judges would have echoed).

ESSENCE
1. warzoid - The overall offensive presence of the team has bolstered by Galvantula's Sticky Web, allowing Crawdaunt and Gyarados to function at its peak efficiency.
2. Dread Plate - Who would have thought the Adaptability trio would be a menacing force to face? The trio adds the essence of other Water Pokemon (Gyarados, most specifically) to function very well.

EFFECTIVENESS
1. warzoid - The team exhibits stellar offensive synergy while maintaining a hint of defensive synergy to tank hits whenever needed.
2. Kamer - I was pretty skeptical with Cresselia and Celebi on the same team, since Cresselia "stops" the flow of the match; however, it is effective enough to beat teams with some of the team's oddballs.

Voting is now officially closed, ladies and gentlemen. Encoding will be up soon.

Euphonos

The results have been encoded! Congratulations to the people who excel in each of these categories:
. . . . . . .

The winner for this cycle of MasterChef belongs to...

Chef warzoid!
(for the fourth consecutive time!)

Congratulations to all winners, and thank you to those who have participated! The seventh cycle will be up shortly!

(Hint: Pearl doesn't want to bring this Pokemon up in the UU Viability Rankings, unfortunately...)

Euphonos

Hello, everyone! The seventh cycle of the season has begun!

Builders who wish to participate in this cycle, you may now open the (improvised) Mystery Box (for now).

THE FOX!

The host of UU MasterChef thinks that Delphox really deserves a lot of love in the tier; while it has a sky-high opportunity cost, Delphox's rather unique typing is a good investment to build a team off with.

Unlike "The Lazy Song" which offers quite a swathe of ideas that ended up too wide, this theme has made another restriction due to a connection with another project by Patrick1088: The Dark Horse project! While Delphox constitutes 0.27633% of UU's July total usage with 1630 as its benchmark, it's up for the participants to fill in Pokemon with the remaining 24.72367% total usage. Delphox's set is blank; participants may use any set at their discretion.

The link for the usage stats for the month of July (1630) is here.

Builders have until
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 11:59 PM (GMT -4)
to make a team worthy to be etched in the Hall of Fame!

What are you waiting for? Get out there and start cooking!​

Last edited:

Euphonos

What has happened after six cycles?

Based on the spreadsheet shown above, Chef warzoid has been dominating this season of UU MasterChef, winning five of those cycles in a convincing fashion. Can warzoid continue to participate and showcase his solid teams to the UU community?

Will people from the likes of eaglehawk, Lord Esche, and Mr. Highways step up to the plate and chase the UU MasterChef dream after four cycles? Stay tuned for the most anticipating episode of the UU MasterChef.

So this is a massive throwback to Rules of Nature, honestly my favorite team I made with Delphox ever. It's still effective in it's own way, but the problem was keeping it under the usage cap. Krookodile and Suicune alone broke the cap, and so thew were the first to go. From there, I noted that I could very easily break past some bulky Steels with the combination of Delphox and Lucario, and so I decided to use the pair to break past bulkier teams and cores, if not just dent them enough.

Roserade and Feraligatr stayed put and they're still just as effective. Putting things to sleep, dropping some hazards if the game plays out right, and then just being annoying as ever, Roserade is almost automatically a failsafe against fat waters and faeries since almost all of them are outrun if not every single one. Feraligatr, on the other side, takes advantage of the sleep turns and can just set up Dragon Dance and proceed to break through things.

With the tail end, I decided on two things. One was a late-game wincon, and the other was a way to pick up Webs because the aforementioned team does not like them at all. With a way to break past fat steels and take a chunk out of other fat as hell things, I decided to go with a very underrated threat in Yanmega, capitalizing on taking advantage of both sleep and crumbling walls if I could.

Since I still didn't like webs teams, and wanted a physical way to do keep a balance, I decided to utilize Flygon. It serves as my unlikely ground immunity on a team with two ground weaknesses, and to be honest, it's a great way to handle MAero even though it can break through with Hone Claws + Aqua Tail. Still, with the U-Turn grind and enough Roost PP, I can get lucky enough.

The team plays enough like its' precursor though it's a bit more aggressive and reliant on forcing switches and taking advantage of forced turns, and most certainly cannot take much of a hit. But it does fall under the criteria, and it doesn't get straight-up 6-0'd by any one threat so I'm willing to submit it.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 40 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Delphox @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Ancient Power

Flygon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Last edited:
Ah, Nightingales beat me to using the best pokemon in UU with this dish; Yanmega. There's still time to build though!

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
in to dethrone warzoid

building for the seventh cycle of master chef uu edition™ was kind of a mixed bag for me. on the one hand i liked the refreshing idea of restricting pokemon choice by usage stats because it forced me to go outside of my comfort zone. building with delphox however was the annoying part for me. i find it incredibly difficult to use delphox to its full potential in a meta where pursuit aerodactyl lurks around every corner (thank goodness zam is gone tho lol) and where you are strapped for choices considering hazard removal (went with crobat despite its 14% usage). combine that with delphox' frailty, horrid defensive typing with no immunties and weakness to all 4 kinds of hazards and voilà: you got yourself a real challenge lol.

with all that out of the way; i still enjoyed building for this cycle of master chef and i even like what i came up with.

delphox was the first ingredient provided by master chef euphonos and it took me a long time and a lot of testing before i ultimately made up my mind what set i should use. i tried sub + salac, lo + cm and AoA 4atks before i ultimately decided that specs would be the best fit for this team. even tho it is prediction reliant, i do like the immediate power that specs provides while trick gives the team an option to cripple slow setup sweepers and walls. because delphox is very susceptible to hazards already, i dont like additional lo recoil and without a boosting item you unfortunately miss a lot of KOs... 330 speed is all you need btw; no one else uses delphox.

generally i am confused as to why escavaliers usage is so low (srsly this thing is so good) but this time around i couldnt complain considering it only used 1,3% (??) out of the 24,7% allowed. it is a solid check to sylveon, an exceptional answer to both celebi and cress, and wallbreaker utilizing swords dance. in the last slot i went with pursuit because i like chip damage for delphox but it is interchangeable with knock off. 30 speed ivs ensure to underspeed -0 speed forretress so that it cant volt switch out while taking escavaliers attack (hits the switch in instead!).

diancie
is another pokemon from ru that has a lot of potential in uu. diancie fits well on this team because of the role compression it provides: it acts as an entei, hydreigon and flying check as well as providing rocks and cleric support. a good trade for only 0,9% of usage if you ask me.

next up is the teams mega: sceptile! the team needed a way of breaking bulky water types (this is uu after all) and speed control also felt necessary at this point, so sceptile was a solid pick. sceptile lures in steel and fairy types which opens an opportunity for delphox to come in on a double switch. protect is the 4th move because the team gets absolutely dunked on by sub+dd gyarados otherwise.

gastrodon is a pokemon i actually never consider when building teams and i probably wouln't have considered it this time either if it wasnt for the fact that i had seismitoad over it before but had to switch it up because the team was at a total of 25,1% usage stats. thank goodness i scrolled down all the way down to nu. seriously tho gastrodon fits a lot better than seismitoad because it not only gives me a scald water immunity but also a solid win condition with curse. even tho it is susceptible to status and hates the popularity of celebi, the team does have cleric options and solid answers to celebi in escavalier and (suprisingly) delphox.

hmm a fighting resist that provides hazard removal, awesome speed and 14% usage left...? enter: crobat! so glad i saved up enough space to fit crobat on the team, i really wanted a (somewhat) reliabe choice for hazard removal and while taunt bat indeed is the superior bat i felt like it was necessary to put defog on this set (best regards, ~delphox). sky plate crobat is suprisingly strong, and because conkeldurr is everywhere atm i needed to combat that somehow...
replay 1: vs a guy using unconvential sets that actually were quite threatening (especially wisp gard and def krook)

replay 2: this battle probably showcases the team the best: smart switches/plays with delphox pave the way for gastrodon and escavalier to eventually come through. thought he would bluff scarf hera but knock roll was in my favor anyway and there was no way he was klicking edge.

replay 3: DELPHOX THE GOD (i had to add this one lol)

replay 4: diancie does work (in the end hydreigon didnt have enough LO hits and beedrill loses to escavalier)

replay 5: delphox applies a ton of pressure after crippling p2 with trick as well as checking celebi with ease. diancie had fun too.

replay 6: matchup vs a common meta build. i should have considered wp celebi but thankfully sceptile hits focus blast. ngl this team is fun.
my infamy (Delphox) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Trick

my courage (Escavalier) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

my hopes (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

my pride (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Protect

my guilt (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Recover

my fear (Crobat) @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
delphox - 0.27633%
diancie - 0.96909%
escavalier - 1.37482%
crobat - 14.36087%
sceptile-m - 7.46448%
gastrodon - 0.43277%

total = 24,87836

Last edited:

warzoid

I have several gelatinous friends
heat mage (Delphox) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind

iron muscle (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch

wind stone (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 184 Atk / 112 SpA / 212 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

sea evil (Crawdaunt) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Swords Dance

toxic insect (Venomoth) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

plant lizard (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
I went with a CM 3 attacks Delphox set that can bust through a lot of Celebi, Tentacruel, and Conk cores. My Delphox set can't touch Hydreigon, so Lucario was a good partner, setting up on Hydreigon and taking advantage of Delphox's wallbreaking. At this point, it became obvious that hyper offense was the way to continue, so I added regular Aerodactyl, the best Taunt lead in the game, to get up rocks and keep them off for Delphox. Aerodactyl is running Stone Edge in an attempt to lure Crobat that expect the standard Double-Edge set. Next, the team was looking weak to SD Doublade, so I added sash Crawdaunt. I wanted another setup sweeper that could take on fairies and create setup opportunities versus bulkier teams, so Sleep Powder Venomoth was next. Finally, the team needed a Gyarados check and a Suicune check. Mega Sceptile can get up a sub versus +1 sub DD Gyarados (the extra defense EV stops Waterfall from breaking most of the time) and also adds some more raw speed.

Usage: 0.27633 + 5.83489 + 0.88842 + 6.53529 + 1.10304 + 7.46448 = 22.10245%
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-433947823 - we both could have played better, but I have to include my game with Euphonos
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-433975242 - loss vs toiletpkay; I'll blame it on hax
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-433978397 - revenge vs toiletpkay
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-434228829 - Delphox demolishes a bulky offense team

So this week is all about Delphox, I had a few ideas of how i wanted to use it but most of the mons and sets were used by other participants. I decided to utilize a sun team to work around it. Delphox is great at breaking walls and even cleaning late game. The CM set has the potential to better hit Conk, Tentacruel, Celebi etc. Because I wanted a sun team I know I should use Mega Houndoom. The abuse of Solar Power plus set up is great, and its ability to soak up any fire attack once is nothing to overlook. I realized at this point I was going to need things to set up sun, since I was running protect on Mega Doom. Enter Cresselia, this mon was a perfect fit for the team based on its ridiculous bulk and access to both Sunny Day and Lunar Dance, both of which immensely help the team keep pushing through opposing teams. Next I needed something that was fast, could take a hit from a Sylveon if it came down to that, and could sweep or help break for Delphox. Venusaur had all the right flavors, Chlorophyll, Growth, Hidden Power Fire to more reliably hit steels. It was the full package. I added Aerodactyl as a lead since it gets access to Taunt, Rocks, and Sunny Day. Last, but certainly not least, Lucario. The team was missing literally any physical coverage and Lucario was the perfect piece to the puzzle. The whole team is built around breaking for the other members, and with Extreme Speed and Bullet Punch for priority, it makes it that much easier to get off the necessary damage for the team. It also added another late game sweeper, but I mean 3 of the other mons also do the same thing.

0.27633 + 2.46026 + 6.52972 + 0.61980 + 0.88842 + 5.83489 = 16.60942

Delphox @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

Cresselia @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance
- Moonblast

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-434872594 - the game I realized I didn't have Heat Rock on Cress and lost :/
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-434883971 - Delphox takes out the majority of the team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-434867018 - example of the whole team having to work together
BONUS
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-434880570 - ran into another sun team while laddering :]

Last edited:

Euphonos

Time's up! Hands in the air! Well done, participants!

I sincerely apologize; my participation in a festival in our province caused this untimely delay. Thank you for waiting, and now here are the entries for this week's cycle!

- Nightingales
- Lord Esche
- warzoid

- Dread Plate

Everyone is asked to vote for the top two picks in the following categories:
  • CREATIVITY - Does the team made use of unusual Pokemon and/or sets that are very intriguing at first glance (required Pokemon included)?
  • ELEVATION - Does Delphox fulfill the niche it carves for the team, or another Pokemon would be better over Delphox?
  • EFFECTIVENESS - Is the team worth a masterpiece to use even for the first ever UnderUsed Majors tournament?

Everyone has until September 14, Wednesday, 11:59 PM GMT -4 to vote for the top teams. The more votes, the better ;)

Euphonos

CREATIVITY
1. Dread Plate - Dread Plate's team is geared towards weather (specifically Sun) that a handful of players do nowadays.
2. Nightingales - Was torn between the person who runs very unconventional Pokemon to her advantage vs. the person who doesn't pair Delphox with a Lucario like most of them, but Nightingales's unconventional choices got the edge.

ELEVATION
1. warzoid - warzoid's team really uses Delphox to the fullest to exert pressure against all sorts of teams.
2. Nightingales - While the team lacks a key ingredient to exert more pressure to opposing teams, this is another team that makes good use of Delphox as a gateway to victory.

EFFECTIVENESS
1. Lord Esche - I can fully attest this team is very effective and fun to use since I made a prototype team with nearly identical Pokemon (Poliwrath > Gastrodon on my part, though).
2. warzoid - This team has the substantial tools to exert a lot of pressure even against offensive teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)