Resource The USUM UU Teambuilding Compendium

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Seeing as terrakion is there, I think Mamoswine could be added as a dedicated lead, same goes for froslass. Froslass is also a viable spikes user/spinblocker with bisharp in the tier (they're already on the vr unlike galvantula). I presume bisharp will be going to be implemented soon but yeah. Also starmie can be a potent Electrium Z user to hit opposing waters, mainly empo. Zeraora can run Electrium, Flynium, and Steelium well and Celebi I think deserves the mentions with its other Z sets like Fairium, Grassium, and Psychium.
These have all been considered. We were adding Froslass in this update anyway, as it's recently been ranked, and we have also added Z-Fists and Z-Bounce Zeraora and Z-Leaf Storm and Z-Psychic Celebi to Z-Move users. Steelium Z Zeraora, Fairium Z Celebi, and Electrium Z Starmie were all considered to be too niche to be added to the thread at this time. Dedicated lead Mamoswine was voted on by the team and ultimately we decided to not include it, in the interest of not telling new users to use sash mamo.

As you may have guessed, this means we have also updated the role compendium! Bisharp and Froslass were added to the necessary areas, and Mega Abomasnow and Entei were removed. Z-Move users was updated somewhat to better reflect the current meta.

Thanks to those who helped with this update of both of the Compendiums:
Hilomilo
Moutemoute
vivalospride

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
I don't really understand Glalie as a mixed Wallbreaker, I've only ever seen Physical Spikes. Also, I think Azelf deserves a spot as a dual screens user. Being able to Boom/U-turn is a fair reason to use it over Klefki (and in general whenever I see Dual Screens Azelf is the setter). I haven't seen Toxic Starmie literally ever either. I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to have Mega-Steelix as an offensive Rock Setter since it's pretty powerful after one curse boost. Lucario should be listed as a steelium Z user imo too. Finally, bronzong as a fighting type check just seems a bit iffy.

I think Mamoswine could be added as a dedicated lead, since some hyper offensive teams use it with rocks sash + endeavor ice shard. Other point, maybe it's not the best but Roar Nidoqueen could be added as a anti setup because of Roar, i know that usually we have some better options to be running in the last slot, but Roar Nidoqueen is not so bad at all.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I mean... Grassium-Z Volcanion is still used? I know it was a thing a time ago, but honestly nowadays i can't see a reason for
Removed
I don't really understand Glalie as a mixed Wallbreaker, I've only ever seen Physical Spikes. Also, I think Azelf deserves a spot as a dual screens user. Being able to Boom/U-turn is a fair reason to use it over Klefki (and in general whenever I see Dual Screens Azelf is the setter). I haven't seen Toxic Starmie literally ever either. I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to have Mega-Steelix as an offensive Rock Setter since it's pretty powerful after one curse boost. Lucario should be listed as a steelium Z user imo too. Finally, bronzong as a fighting type check just seems a bit iffy.
Bronzong was removed from fighting checks and mlix added to offensive rockers, but the rest won't be done. Toxic Starmie is an analysis set and therefore stays, Mega Glalie's analysis contains freeze dry and HP fire and it is therefore a mixed wallbreaker, and the compendium team is against reincluding steelium Lucario because it's too niche. We are currently split on screens azelf so we'll get back to you on that.
I think Mamoswine could be added as a dedicated lead, since some hyper offensive teams use it with rocks sash + endeavor ice shard. Other point, maybe it's not the best but Roar Nidoqueen could be added as a anti setup because of Roar, i know that usually we have some better options to be running in the last slot, but Roar Nidoqueen is not so bad at all.
The compendium team (as well as myself) already voted against adding lead mamo, we're not going to revisit it unless there are major metagame changes that affect its viability to the point of not being just a waste of a mamo.

Roar on nidoq has been added.
In the meantime, I've updated the role compendium with various metagame changes, including the addition of Durant to relevant sections (Z-moves for it will be added later) and the addition of Raikou to Toxic users (to reflect its current least outclassed set in tournament play), among other changes.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
I think Scarf Celebi could use the mention since U-turn + Healing Wish is really nice, and has a nice surprise factor. Choice Band Crawdaunt could probably count as an All Out Attacking Stallbreaker given how hard it hits with Crunch after removing Leftovers from fatmons like Alo and Amoonguss. Kommo-o could probably count as a Taunt Stallbreaker with the potency of its Mixed set, too. I don't really get why Necrozma is included as a Thunder Wave user when more coverage is pretty much always preferred on the Stealth Rocks set. Thunder Wave isn't mentioned on the analysis, either. I think Spirit Shackle could count as Trapping but I can understand why not. I don't really get listing Kommo-o as a Work Up user tho.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
Community Leader
I think Scarf Celebi could use the mention since U-turn + Healing Wish is really nice, and has a nice surprise factor. Choice Band Crawdaunt could probably count as an All Out Attacking Stallbreaker given how hard it hits with Crunch after removing Leftovers from fatmons like Alo and Amoonguss. Kommo-o could probably count as a Taunt Stallbreaker with the potency of its Mixed set, too. I don't really get why Necrozma is included as a Thunder Wave user when more coverage is pretty much always preferred on the Stealth Rocks set. Thunder Wave isn't mentioned on the analysis, either. I think Spirit Shackle could count as Trapping but I can understand why not. I don't really get listing Kommo-o as a Work Up user tho.
Most of this has been implemented. We've rejected Choice Scarf Celebi and listing Spirit Shackle as trapping.

Just a suggestion you could organize the megas into their niches and roles for ease of use
The Megas are already scattered throughout the Role Compendium in the various non-Mega sections. Unfortunately, splitting up the Mega Evolutions section into a miniature version of the Role Compendium & detailing the niches and roles of every mega in the tier would make it rather cluttered. Sorry!

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
RoAPL Champion
Rotom-H should totally be included as a Toxic user. Also, Durant should be a Hone Claws user (ik Z-Moves will be added later). It might be worth putting (steel) by Silvally since stuff like Normal and Fairy have been used by top tier players but aren't on the VR. Block Aggron is worthy of being a trapper imo. I think Kommo-o deserves recognition for its Specs set and listed as a Special Wallbreaker (or CB should be removed bc ew)

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
Community Leader
Rotom-H should totally be included as a Toxic user. Also, Durant should be a Hone Claws user (ik Z-Moves will be added later). It might be worth putting (steel) by Silvally since stuff like Normal and Fairy have been used by top tier players but aren't on the VR. Block Aggron is worthy of being a trapper imo. I think Kommo-o deserves recognition for its Specs set and listed as a Special Wallbreaker (or CB should be removed bc ew)
All of this has been done. In addition, Z-Moves have been added for Durant, Z-Giga Impact has been added for Zeraora, Durant has been added to physical wallbreakers, Gastrodon has been added to its relevant sections, and Raikou has been added as a Toxic user. Thanks for your suggestions once again n_n

avarice

greedy for love
RoAPL Champion
I think Gastrodon should be added as a Curse setup sweeper and a Toxic user. Gastrodon is also missing from the Electric-type immunities. Stakataka could be added as a Fightinium Z user with Superpower, and I think its CB set is good enough, too. Toxicroak deserves the Darkinium Z mention with Sucker Punch imo since it's actually slashed on the analysis unlike everything relating to the special set (honestly idk why the special set is included when ape/luke do it better). Stun Spore Amoonguss might be worth saying too.

avarice

greedy for love
RoAPL Champion
shameless double post

- z shadow celebi
- healing wish blissey
- celebi under defensive rocker
- chesnaught as a toxic user
_ taunt users like aero or krook could count as anti set up imo

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
It should be noted that Bronzong should be a hard counter to M-Alt. It's only 4HKO'd by M-Alt's strongest move against it(Fire Blast) and can easily deal massive damage to it with Gyro Ball. It can always switch in to M-Alt unless heavily weakened.

Some of the Z move users I felt could be added to the compendium. And other small things based on the recent VR shift too etc.

Darkinium Z -
Sucker Punch
Electrium Z -
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
Psychium Z -
Psyshock
Normalium Z -
Celebrate
Conversion / Conversion 2
Fightinium Z -
Focus Blast
Ghostium Z -
Shadow Ball
Poisinium Z -
Sludge Bomb
Fairium Z -
Moonblast
Firium Z -
Slash Fire Blast imo
Icium Z -
Remove Z-Blizzard
Steelium Z -
Remove Z-Iron Tail

Toxicroak one is mainly because it still suggests this on the analysis, I ain't bothered whether its added just thought I'd point it out.
Cobalion one is straight forward, Elec Z is viable on the CM sets. Rotom-M is more subjective, but I think it is one of the better Z moves it can run for luring Scizor, Aggron etc.
Reuniclus can very easily use this especially on a lot of the Psyshock + Energy Ball variants.
Shaymin omni-boosting move should be added and same for Porygon that recently dropped with Conversion.
Hoopa has been added back so I just added them for convenience.
This Roserade set has become popular thats all.
Cresselia is pretty niche, but its on the VR rankings and this is its most common set.
Add Fire Blast to Infernape as it can viably run this when using Grass Knot.
Agree with the post above about Swampert, this is niche and should be removed. It lures the same targets with CB variants anyways.
No one runs this on Krook anymore, the waterium Z Aqua Tail variant mentioned isn't in the compendium don't see why this is much of an exception in the current meta.

Add Shaymin and Porygon2 to set up sweepers with their respective moves.
Add Cresselia to Calm Mind user, fighting type check.
Add Hoopa to set-up based stallbreakers.
Add ferroseed under hazard setter with Spikes, I guess it comes under a Mixed wall.
Seeing as Darmanitan is no longer ranked I guess you should remove it from all sections mentioned. Rip :CbDarm:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
Community Leader
Some of the Z move users I felt could be added to the compendium. And other small things based on the recent VR shift too etc.

Darkinium Z -
Sucker Punch
Electrium Z -
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
Psychium Z -
Psyshock
Normalium Z -
Celebrate
Conversion / Conversion 2
Fightinium Z -
Focus Blast
Ghostium Z -
Shadow Ball
Poisinium Z -
Sludge Bomb
Fairium Z -
Moonblast
Firium Z -
Slash Fire Blast imo
Icium Z -
Remove Z-Blizzard
Steelium Z -
Remove Z-Iron Tail

Toxicroak one is mainly because it still suggests this on the analysis, I ain't bothered whether its added just thought I'd point it out.
Cobalion one is straight forward, Elec Z is viable on the CM sets. Rotom-M is more subjective, but I think it is one of the better Z moves it can run for luring Scizor, Aggron etc.
Reuniclus can very easily use this especially on a lot of the Psyshock + Energy Ball variants.
Shaymin omni-boosting move should be added and same for Porygon that recently dropped with Conversion.
Hoopa has been added back so I just added them for convenience.
This Roserade set has become popular thats all.
Cresselia is pretty niche, but its on the VR rankings and this is its most common set.
Add Fire Blast to Infernape as it can viably run this when using Grass Knot.
Agree with the post above about Swampert, this is niche and should be removed. It lures the same targets with CB variants anyways.
No one runs this on Krook anymore, the waterium Z Aqua Tail variant mentioned isn't in the compendium don't see why this is much of an exception in the current meta.

Add Shaymin and Porygon2 to set up sweepers with their respective moves.
Add Cresselia to Calm Mind user, fighting type check.
Add Hoopa to set-up based stallbreakers.
Add ferroseed under hazard setter with Spikes, I guess it comes under a Mixed wall.
Seeing as Darmanitan is no longer ranked I guess you should remove it from all sections mentioned. Rip :CbDarm:
added p much all of this except for zconversion2 p2 bc that's not an omniboost lol

also added a couple other general updates to the role compendium to reflect vr shifts

Nidoqueen should be added to offensive Stealth Rock Users due to this set is has in it's analysis:

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Pressures shit that would usually shrug off it's attacks and actually hits harder then Nidoking due to running modest. Azelf should be also taken out of Settup-based Stallbreakers because when's the last time anyone has seriously used Nasty Plot Azelf. It's a low ladder tech at this point. Krookidile and Xatu should be added as dedicated leads due to the success of that annoying stupid popular screens build. Ferroseed can also be added as a hazard setter for both spikes and rocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)