-The Unreleased DW Pokemon-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Topic:

Several Pokemon have been unrightfully unreleased with their Dream World ability, bad gamefreak, bad. So, my question to you smogonites is: When they are released, will these Pokemon finally be usable in OU? How will they change OU? Could they even possibly be sent to OU? What do you think about them, will they actually even make an impact? Or will they still be forgotten~ This thread is mainly just to hold some people over until 10/12/13 lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Goal:
The goal of this topic is to create a list of Pokemon with un-released Dream World abilities. The list is purely opinion, and is alway subject to change. For a few days at a time, we will be seeing each of these Pokemon, and we will have a voting period. Basically, what I am trying to do is to see potentially game changing strategies and movesets.

How Can I Help?
Great question ^^! All you need to do is copy and paste this:
What is the Pokemon?
Dream World Ability - What is it?
Will it change the metagame? (A Paragraph or two)
Written By - Who wrote this up?

All you need to do is answer those questions! For about 3-4 days people can write these up, then we will have a voting period for the current Pokemon that is being looked at.
Questions/Comments:
You can either contact me through PM, or just ask through here, no one will judge you for not understanding :)

The Forgotten:
Red = Incomplete
Blue = Complete

Green = Currently Being Written About
Pink = Being Voted On

Volcarona
Dream World Ability - Swarm
Will it impact the MetaGame?
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Chandelure
Dream World Ability - Shadow Tag
Written By -
Notable Sets:

-----------------------------------

Raikou
Dream World Ability - Volt Absorb
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Registeel
Dream World Ability - Light Metal
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Suicune
Dream World Ability - Water Absorb
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Zapdos
Dream World Ability - LightningRod
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Emboar
Dream World Ability - Reckless
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Entei
Dream World Ability - Flash Fire
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Feraligatr
Dream World Ability - Sheer Force
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Regice
Dream World Ability - Ice Body
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Regirock
Dream World Ability - Sturdy
Written By -
Notable Sets:

Serperior
Dream World Ability - Contrary
Written By -
Notable Sets:

What is Currently Being Written About:

Serperior
Dream World Ability - Contrary
Written By -
Notable Sets:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closing Remarks:
This list is really just a fun little project to do that we can play with and have fun :) X/Y comes out way too far from right now! Yes, it is the OverUsed metagame, but in this thread, all Pokemon with unreleased Dream World abilities are viable. You don't have to test these, as we cannot anyways. Just give what you think it will be able to do, will it be able to keep up with OU?

GO NUTS~~~~~

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Right, so the most obvious choices for this are 3 Pokemon for me. Seperior, Feraligatr, and Chandelure. Suicune, Zapdos, and Raikou all get pretty cool abilites, but I'm not sure if that's enough to push then into the OU tier, so I won't go into too much detail about them. So, since Seperior is the topic at hand, let's talk about it.

What is the Pokemon? - The Pokemon is Seperior. It's a Grass type special attacker that often runs bulky sets in the lower tiers.

Dream World Ability - What is it? - It's Dream World ability is Contrary. All moves that would lower one of the wielder's stat stages increase that stat by the same amount, and all moves that would raise a stat stage lower it by the same amount. This basically means that Seperior is free to spam Leaf Storm and get a +2 boost because of it, saving it a move slot, time, and eases prediction.

Will it change the metagame? - I think if Seperior was released right now it would not change the metagame, but it would still be viable in OU. Grass typing is great in this metagame that is dominated by water type Pokemon. Being able to spam Leaf Storm and receive a +2 boost because of it is no joke, as I've mentioned before this saves Seperior a turn and a move slot, allowing it to run more coverage. I generally think a set consisting of Leaf Storm / Hidden Power / Substitute / Filler would be the standard set. The filler move I'm guessing could be either Dragon Pulse, Giga Drain, or Leech Seed. It's base 113 speed is pretty amazing in OU, as it out speeds Terrakion, Keldeo, Latios, Gengar, and Tornadus-I, as it also has decent 75 / 95 / 95 bulk, which allows it to easily switch into defensive Politoed, Rotom-W, and Jellicent.

However, the good points stop there. Speaking of it's stats, it has a pretty low base 75 special attack, and it needs to be running a Timid Nature to be out speeding Terrakion, Keldeo, and Latios. Unfortunately, Grass typing isn't great offensively in the OU metagame, as it's resisted by the ever common Steel types that also dominate OU. It also has a very shallow move pool, as the only coverage options it really has is Hidden Power, leaving it always walled by something. Sets lacking HP Ground are hard walled by Jirachi Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Sets lacking HP Fire are walled by Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and other bulky Steel types types. The problem with running HP Fire however is that Seperior is generally going to be used to beat Rain teams, weakening HP Fire's power. Most sets are generally walled by Steel types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Heatran, Jirachi, Scizor, and others.

Then there's the problem that it faces still competition from other Grass types. Offensively speaking, it could be argued that it's generally outclassed by Sun sweepers, like Venusaur, Sawsbuck, and Victreebel. Of course this requires you to use Ninetales, but they are generally much better options as sweepers if you don't mind supporting them with Ninetales. Celebi and Shaymin also give it competition, as Celebi has access to a much better move pool, stats, and arguably typing. It can also support the team better and fill more roles for the team. Shaymin of the other hand has access to Seed Flare, allowing Shaymin to get past even the sturdiest special walls with a bit if luck. Shaymin also has a better move pool and stats, granting it acces to moves like Earth Power and HP Ice.

Overall, it's stats are too low, it's move pool is too shallow, and it faces stiff competition from other Grass types to be considered OU imo.

Written By - ShootinStarmie

Last edited:
Grea
Right, so the most obvious choices for this are 3 Pokemon for me. Seperior, Feraligatr, and Chandelure. Suicune, Zapdos, and Raikou all get pretty cool abilites, but I'm not sure if that's enough to push then into the OU tier, so I won't go into too much detail about them. So, since Seperior is the topic at hand, let's talk about it.

What is the Pokemon? - The Pokemon is Seperior. It's a Grass type special attacker that often runs bulky sets in the lower tiers.
Dream World Ability - What is it? - It's Dream World ability is Contrary. All moves that would lower one of the wielder's stat stages increase that stat by the same amount, and all moves that would raise a stat stage lower it by the same amount. This basically means that Seperior is free to spam Leaf Storm and get a +2 boost because of it, saving it a move slot, time, and eases prediction.

Will it change the metagame? - I think if Seperior was released right now it would not change the metagame, but it would still be viable in OU. Grass typing is great in this metagame that is dominated by water type Pokemon. Being able to spam Leaf Storm and receive a +2 boost because of it is no joke, as I've mentioned before this saves Seperior a turn and a move slot, allowing it to run more coverage. I generally think a set consisting of Leaf Storm / Hidden Power Ice / Substitute / Filler would be the standard set. The filler move I'm guessing could be either Giga Drain or Leech Seed, maybe Calm Mind as well? It's base 113 speed is pretty amazing in OU, as it out speeds Terrakion, Keldeo, Latios, Gengar, and Tornadus-I, as it also has decent 75 / 95 / 95 bulk, which allows it to easily switch into defensive Politoed, Rotom-W, and Jellicent.

However, the good points stop there. Speaking of it's stats, it has a pretty low base 75 special attack, and it needs to be running a Timid Nature to be out speeding Terrakion, Keldeo, and Latios. Unfortunately, Grass typing isn't great offensively in the OU metagame, as it's resisted by the ever common Steel and Dragon types that also dominate OU. It also has a very shallow move pool, as the only coverage options it really has is Hidden Power, leaving it always walled by something. Sets lacking HP Ground are hard walled by Jirachi Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Sets lacking HP Ice are walled by Latias, Dragonite, and other bulky Dragon types. Most sets are generally walled by Steel types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Heatran, Jirachi, Scizor, and others. I could see HP Fire being viable to hit Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Scizor, but it's not the best option as Seperior is generally going to be used to beat Rain teams, weakening HP Fire's power.

Then there's the problem that it faces still competition from other Grass types. Offensively speaking, it could be argued that it's generally outclassed by Sun sweepers, like Venusaur, Sawsbuck, and Victreebel. Of course this requires you to use Ninetales, but they are generally much better options as sweepers if you don't mind supporting them with Ninetales. Celebi and Shaymin also give it competition, as Celebi has access to a much better move pool, stats, and arguably typing. It can also support the team better and fill more roles for the team. Shaymin of the other hand has access to Seed Flare, allowing Shaymin to get past even the sturdiest special walls with a bit if luck. Shaymin also has a better move pool and stats, granting it acces to moves like Earth Power and HP Ice.

Overall, it's stats are too low, it's move pool is too shallow, and it faces stiff competition from other Grass types to be considered OU imo.

Written By - ShootinStarmie
Great! This is the kind of post I was looking for! Anyway, I'd like to note that it gets dragon pulse, so it could run HP [Ground] / Leaf Storm / Drahon Pulse / Sub. It hits all the stuff you mentioned except stuff like scissor and retro thorn, while still being able to nail dragons.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Grea

Great! This is the kind of post I was looking for! Anyway, I'd like to note that it gets dragon pulse, so it could run HP [Ground] / Leaf Storm / Drahon Pulse / Sub. It hits all the stuff you mentioned except stuff like scissor and retro thorn, while still being able to nail dragons.
Changes have been made and I've added Dragon Pulse, removed Calm Mind, and removed the sentence about being walled by Dragon types.

What is the Pokemon? - The Pokemon is Volcarona. It is a Fire / Bug type known for taking the maximum possible hazards damage, while having Quiver Dance, great stats and good coverage.

Dream World Ability - What is it? - It's Dream World ability is Swarm. Volc's bug moves receive a boost of 1.5x when at 1/3 health or lower.

Will it change the metagame? - No. Volcarona is already doing great in OU with traditional Quiver Dance sets, and Bug Buzz as it is KOs what it needs to, except Tyranitar. At +1, Bug Buzz only does 80.69 - 95.54%, meaning that Tar can (sometimes, given SR) switch in on the Quiver Dance, and tank a Bug Buzz to KO back. However, this is at max/max+ Special bulk, and any other Tyranitar set gets maimed.

While the ability to beat special tank Tyranitar is nice, the extra power behind Bug Buzz isn't worth the potential to burn physical attackers with Flame Body.

Notable Sets: Quiver Dance / Fiery Dance / Bug Buzz / Giga Drain
- This is, with some variations, the bread and butter sun sweeper.

Written by: Arash

What is the Pokemon? - The Pokemon is Regice. It is an Ice type known for absurd special bulk, and that's about it.

Dream World Ability - What is it? - It's Dream World ability is Ice Body. Regice would gain extra leftovers recovery when Hail is active, essentially like a Walrein with better special bulk (and shittier typing).

Will it change the metagame? - Doubtful. For this ability to take effect, you will need to run Hail (Abomasnow), which is a team archetype that suffers from stiff competition for weather control, susceptibility to Stealth Rocks, and hurting anyone on your team that isn't Ice type.

If you've already committed to a hail team, the problem is then whether or not it warrants a slot over Walrein (Glaceon and others with Ice Body don't have the defenses that Regice does). Walrein, while it obviously does not have the special bulk that Regice has, has slightly better physical bulk, slightly better speed, a better typing (Water resist, and Steel / Fire neutrality which hail teams love) and access to Super Fang / Brine, which is preferable for a stalling set.

Regice has stronger Sp. Atk and access to Thunderbolt, and can tank some weaker Flamethrowers / Fire Blasts. Otherwise, it is difficult to make the case for it vs. Walrein, and Walrein is NU as it is.

Notable Sets: Protect / Substitute / Toxic / Blizzard or Roar
- The only set you would consider using with the Ice Body ability, but Walrein can run the exact same set with better typing / speed / physical defense.

What is the Pokemon? - The Pokemon is Zapdos. It is an Electric / Flying mon, and is known nowadays for being bulky and powerful. Base 100 speed doesn't hurt either.

Dream World Ability - What is it? - It's Dream World ability is Lightning Rod. Zapdos would gain +1 Sp. Atk boost when switching into electric attacks / Thunder Wave, and most importantly it is now immune to Electric, whereas before it was neutral.

Will it change the metagame? - Before BW2, Zapdos would have risen to OU no doubt, as a crucial defensive slot for rain teams (bulky, immune to Thunder, resists grass, can dish out its own STAB Thunder from base 125 Sp. Atk). If Zapdos got a boost from its ability, it could wreck with Thunder(bolt), Heat Wave, Hidden Power and Signal Beam, while boosting its speed via Agility or Tailwind.

BW2 came out and gave us Thundurus-T, an Electric / Flying type with Volt Absorb (does not boost attack, but still immune to Electric). Thundy-T is even stronger, outspeeds Zapdos by one point, and also gets Agility as well as Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, Superpower and Grass Knot to power through its "counters". Zapdos as a special attacker is clearly outclassed.

However, Zapdos still has better defensive stats, and has its own uses as a defensive pokemon. Being weak to SR is unfortunate for a defensive pokemon, but Zapdos resists / is immune to: Grass, Fighting, Ground, Electric, Bug and Steel. Along with having access to Roost, what more could you ask for? The Electric immunity is much more useful than having Pressure to stall PP, and would be the premier ability on Zapdos. It is worth noting, however, that by going with Lightning Rod you forgo access to 3rd gen moves Extrasensory and Baton Pass, which have their own uses.

Zapdos wouldn't exactly replace Thundurus-T, but it is a defensive alternative that learns Heat Wave to roast Ferrothorns with. The presence of Thundurus-T, however, would likely relegate Zapdos to UU (its current tier).

Notable Sets: Thunder(bolt), Hidden Power Ice, Heat Wave, Volt Switch / Roost
- Use with a scarf similar to Thundurus-T in OU (using Volt Switch), or with a Life Orb and if you can nab a boost, you can zap those mons (pun definitely intended) healing as you go.

Arash
Thanks so much! I will keep this here and will save them for when we are actually doing these Pokemon~ Please also give some others a chance to write too. Right now, we are writing about Serperior, so you can write that one if you'd like :).

Lol gotcha...

as far as Serperior, the only move that can take advantage of Contrary is Leaf Storm, which is a shame as it has interesting physical options. Leaf Storm / Hidden Power / Dragon Pulse are the only usable special moves it gets (literally) and while a free nasty plot is great while using Leaf Storm, you won't get the boost when using the other moves.

Assuming rain and some Magnezone support, this is probably the optimal set:

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid, 252 Sp. Atk and Speed

Leaf Storm
HP Ground
Dragon Pulse
Substitute

Typically, your opponent will switch to their grass resist (as a note, heatran, ferrothorn, scizor, dragonite, skarmory, venusaur and some others all boast a 4X RESIST TO GRASS), and while you get your free nasty plot, you're left with non-stab moves to try and beat your counters. Magnezone support is therefore needed to dispatch the steels that you can't beat with HP Ground (Balloon Heatran beats you both), but if you're going to get Magnezone support you're honestly better off running a dragon type that would love steels out of the picture.

With no way to boost speed and horrible special coverage, Serperior might be better off running a coil set that looks something like:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Jolly, 252 Atk and Speed

Coil
Leaf Blade
Dragon Tail
Aqua Tail / Iron Tail

I slash Iron Tail in there for next gen against the fairies. It's not beating a lot of steel types but at least you can phaze some of them away. All your moves benefit from Coil (both accuracy and attack power), and it is the fastest pokemon to know Coil. Obviously hazards are your friend here.

Even with the coil set, Serperior is just not OU material. It might bust out of NU and into UU, but even there it has to be weary of swellow, weavile, heracross, etc.

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Serperior @ Leftovers
Jolly, 252 Atk and Speed

Coil
Leaf Blade
Dragon Tail
Aqua Tail / Iron Tail

I slash Iron Tail in there for next gen against the fairies. It's not beating a lot of steel types but at least you can phaze some of them away. All your moves benefit from Coil (both accuracy and attack power), and it is the fastest pokemon to know Coil. Obviously hazards are your friend here.

Even with the coil set, Serperior is just not OU material. It might bust out of NU and into UU, but even there it has to be weary of swellow, weavile, heracross, etc.
Just saying, serperior can run that coil set now, with overgrow. Contrary would actually nerf this set, since it would flip the coil boosts. Special serperior is a lot better, since no other pokemon can claim to attack and boost 2 stages at the same time. It also has better coverage than the coil set, since ground+dragon>water+dragon.

Ok, so let's say you are smart and get Serp in on something like a Rotom-W that can't hurt it, and you get a free +2, as they switch into their Serpior counter. The most likely ones will be:
Volcarona: +2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 169-200 (54.34 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ferrothorn: +2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 208 SpD Ferrothorn: 411-484 (116.76 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Heatran: +2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Ground vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 380-452 (98.7 - 117.4%) -- 93.75% chance to OHKO
Latios: +2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 325-385 (107.97 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Latias: +2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 283-335 (88.71 - 105.01%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO
Dragonite: +2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 354-419 (109.25 - 129.32%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Chandelure (Why not): +2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Chandelure: 226-265 (81 - 94.98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Venasaur: Outspeeds and OHKOs, but HP fire can OHKO it at +2 in the sun
Note that I am using the optimal HP for each pokemon.

At +2, which it will have no problems getting to, it can OHKO many of the quad resists in OU with a two coverage moves. However, if it chooses HP Ground, it will be walled by ferrothorn, and HP Fire will be beaten by heatran. These two are some of the few pokemon (along with others such as Volcarona and scizor if HP Ground) that can hope to wall it. I think, with the right support, it will be an awesome OU threat at +2. At +2 with HP Fire, it 2HKOs nearly the entire tier.

Just saying, serperior can run that coil set now, with overgrow. Contrary would actually nerf this set, since it would flip the coil boosts. Special serperior is a lot better, since no other pokemon can claim to attack and boost 2 stages at the same time. It also has better coverage than the coil set, since ground+dragon>water+dragon.

Yeah, this. Ok so I am thinking we will need like 4 or 5 entries before voting :)

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Although Serp has an extremely shallow attacking movepool, it's very interchangeable 4th moveslot allows for players to get really creative with its set. It's support movepool is actually quite decent, so with Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, and a Hidden Power, Serperior is now free to run whatever in its last slot. For example, it could run Giga Drain for a backup STAB move that can be used when Serperior is running low on health due to Life Orb recoil. Although its pitifully weak at first, once Serperior is at least at +3, it can hit decently hard. As Arash mentioned above me, Substitute is perfectly viable to help ease prediction and protect Serperior from being revenge killed. Glare would be a more situational move, but it could cripple opposing switch-ins. Taunt could be used to keep something like Celebi from Recover stalling or poisoning Serp with Toxic. It could also run either Reflect or Light Screen to make it that much harder for something to revenge kill it and possibly wear it down, making it a more reliable late-game sweeper.

Overall, I think Serperior would be a fantastic addition to the metagame. It would fit pretty well in OU, seeing as how it can outspeed a majority of the tier and proceed to spam Leaf Storm on the myriad of Water-types that thrive in the tier.

EDIT: Supposedly Aromatherapy is event exclusive to a shitty Hardy Nature, so unless Contrary Serperior gets it in its moveset during a event and a good nature, it wont be usable. Dammit....

Last edited:
Although Serp has an extremely shallow attacking movepool, it's very interchangeable 4th moveslot allows for players to get really creative with its set. It's support movepool is actually quite decent, so with Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, and a Hidden Power, Serperior is now free to run whatever in its last slot. For example, it could run Giga Drain for a backup STAB move that can be used when Serperior is running low on health due to Life Orb recoil. Although its pitifully weak at first, once Serperior is at least at +3, it can hit decently hard. As Arash mentioned above me, Substitute is perfectly viable to help ease prediction and protect Serperior from being revenge killed. Glare would be a more situational move, but it could cripple opposing switch-ins. Taunt could be used to keep something like Celebi from Recover stalling or poisoning Serp with Toxic. It could also run either Reflect or Light Screen to make it that much harder for something to revenge kill it and possibly wear it down, making it a more reliable late-game sweeper. Last but not least, and my personal favorite filler move besides Giga Drain, is Aromatherapy. This move would be fantastic in pinch situations to help a fellow teammate sweeper that might have been burned, paralyzed or poisoned, and of course it would also help Serperior itself so it wouldn't have to worry about being heavily crippled by paralysis or Toxic.

Overall, I think Serperior would be a fantastic addition to the metagame. It would fit pretty well in OU, seeing as how it can outspeed a majority of the tier and proceed to spam Leaf Storm on the myriad of Water-types that thrive in the tier.

Very great input! This is a very nice post my good fellow :)

the problem is, the many pokemon that quad resist grass are already the best ones in OU. volcarona will QD in your face and OHKO you, dragonite DDs in your face and OHKOs you, , scarf heatran and latios outspeed and OHKO (and scarves on these mons are not uncommon). ferrothorn only needs rain to T-wave or gyro ball the crap out of you, and venusaur outspeeds in the sun and OHKOs you.

this all assumes one vs one. HP fire is neutered by rain (which is common) and won't help you vs heatran, and HP ground won't help you vs scizor / skarmory / ferrothorn / forretress.

the problem is, the many pokemon that quad resist grass are already the best ones in OU. volcarona will QD in your face and OHKO you, dragonite DDs in your face and OHKOs you, , scarf heatran and latios outspeed and OHKO (and scarves on these mons are not uncommon). ferrothorn only needs rain to T-wave or gyro ball the crap out of you, and venusaur outspeeds in the sun and OHKOs you.

this all assumes one vs one. HP fire is neutered by rain (which is common) and won't help you vs heatran, and HP ground won't help you vs scizor / skarmory / ferrothorn / forretress.

If Serperior is used on a Sun team, which I see as viable, it could run a set of Leaf Storm/SolarBeam/Hidden Power [Fire]/Dragon Pulse, with only Heatran walling this set. Who can be handled by a partner such as dugtrio.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
It would be rather pointless to run Solarbeam. Not only is it unreliable because opposing weather starters can switch in, but it's also much less powerful than Leaf Storm. Solarbeam doesn't have that 10% miss chance, but that's ALL it has going for it. Waste of a moveslot.

It would be rather pointless to run Solarbeam. Not only is it unreliable because opposing weather starters can switch in, but it's also much less powerful than Leaf Storm. Solarbeam doesn't have that 10% miss chance, but that's ALL it has going for it. Waste of a moveslot.

True, I am really tired atm and lol I don't even know why I put that. Personally I would put Giga Drain because of the reasons above, editing that out.

If you're running Serperior on rain, Aqua Tail is a viable option on the last slot to beat Heatran and Volcarona. Naive/Hasty with 232 EV's let you outspeed +speed base 110's (Lati twins, Espeon, Gengar) so you can throw the leftover EVs to attack.

24 Atk Life Orb Serperior Aqua Tail vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Heatran in rain: 198-234 (51.42 - 60.77%) -- 92.58% chance to 2HKO
24 Atk Life Orb Serperior Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran in rain: 198-234 (61.3 - 72.44%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

24 Atk Life Orb Serperior Aqua Tail vs. 240 HP / 252 Def Volcarona in rain: 213-252 (57.41 - 67.92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
24 Atk Life Orb Serperior Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona in rain: 294-346 (94.53 - 111.25%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

You can still run HP Fire alongside this, as Leaf Storm followed by HP Fire KOs Scizor. You need about %5 prior damage plus SR to have a chance to KO 252/0 Ferrothorn, though, and even more for SpDef versions or ones with Protect.

Alternatively, you can run HP Ice to beat Amoonguss/Celebi and get guaranteed OHKOs on dragons, though you still need quite a bit of prior damage to beat SpDef Celebi/Amoonguss.

Pokémon: Serperior
Ability: Contrary

Hmmm... if Serperior gets Contrary, I think it will shoot up to UU.

I will not make a set for this because many others have said good sets already.

Serperior might see some use at OU as a Pokémon that can realiably beat water-types(and rain teams in general) via a Nasty Plot base 140 STAB-Attack, however there are things some things are hinder him to become OU material.

First, pokémon that walls Serperior are abundant, Ferrothorn, Volcarona, Heatran, and ironically, even a Physically defensive Skarmory walls this(and phaze afterwards). Sure it can hit most Steel types with HP Fire, but why use HP fire when it's meant to take on Water Pokémons? It can also maim it's other would be walls with other HP types but whatever HP it runs, it will be hard walled by a common pokémon.

Second, it is next to useless against sun teams, practically any pokémon at sun teams hard counters Serperior. While not as common as rain or sand teams, it is still quite common and you don't want to use a Pokémon that becomes useless somewhat often. Hail teams too, but it's not common.

Seperior has decent bulk. It always survives a Timid LO Starmie's Ice Beam at full health to give you a little comparison, but it's outclassed by Celebi as a (naturally) bulky boosting Grass-type.

Speaking of Celebi, Serperior, in a nutshell, is an outclassed Celebi. While boosting and attacking and the same time eases prediction, Celebi boasts more immediate offensive presence, a wider movepool, and better bulk. I can't believe nobody said this.

Offensively, Choice Scarf users is a pain, Serperior is one of those Pokémons that has trouble against every imaginable Scarf users at OU. Slapping a Choice Scarf to remedy this might seem a good idea, but it won't be killing with base 75 Sp.Atk and being locked at Leaf Storm to try to be a special attacking Herracross can be abused by the enemy. Again, Celebi does this better.

Long story short, Serperior is an outclassed Celebi with only speed as advantage.
I don't say that Contrary Serperior is a bad pokémon, but Celebi exists, you know?

Last edited:
Pokémon: Serperior
Ability: Contrary

Hmmm... if Serperior gets Contrary, I think it will shoot up to UU.

I will not make a set for this because many others have said good sets already.

Serperior might see some use at OU as a Pokémon that can realiably beat water-types(and rain teams in general) via a Nasty Plot base 140 STAB-Attack, however there are things some things are hinder him to become OU material.

First, pokémon that walls Serperior are abundant, Ferrothorn, Volcarona, Heatran, and ironically, even a Physically defensive Skarmory walls this(and phaze afterwards). Sure it can hit most Steel types with HP Fire, but why use HP fire when it's meant to take on Water Pokémons? It can also maim it's other would be walls with other HP types but whatever HP it runs, it will be hard walled by a common pokémon.

Second, it is next to useless against sun teams, practically any pokémon at sun teams hard counters Serperior. While not as common as rain or sand teams, it is still quite common and you don't want to use a Pokémon that becomes useless somewhat often. Hail teams too, but it's not common.

Seperior has decent bulk. It always survives a Timid LO Starmie's Ice Beam at full health to give you a little comparison, but it's outclassed by Celebi as a (naturally) bulky boosting Grass-type.

Speaking of Celebi, Serperior, in a nutshell, is an outclassed Celebi. While boosting and attacking and the same time eases prediction, Celebi boasts more immediate offensive presence, a wider movepool, and better bulk. I can't believe nobody said this.

Offensively, Choice Scarf users is a pain, Serperior is one of those Pokémons that has trouble against every imaginable Scarf users at OU. Slapping a Choice Scarf to remedy this might seem a good idea, but it won't be killing with base 75 Sp.Atk and being locked at Leaf Storm to try to be a special attacking Herracross can be abused by the enemy. Again, Celebi does this better.

Long story short, Serperior is an outclassed Celebi with only speed as advantage.
I don't say that Contrary Serperior is a bad pokémon, but Celebi exists, you know?
I don't normally post, but I'm confused at so much of your post. Serperior has decent bulk and good speed, allowing it to switch into many water-types, and instantly threaten with a STAB 140 base power SE attack, not many water pokemon are going to want to stay in on that, and then you mention things that wall his 140 base power attack, and then question why he would want a move that can destroy some of his counters... He want that move for that exact reason, Ferrothorn and Skarmory switch into a Leaf storm, doing a little damage but allowing Serperior to get to +2, meaning that both now die from the resulting +2 HP fire if rain isn't up. If rocks are up, Volcarona isn't an issue, and after +2, Volcarona takes a 54.34 - 64.3% damage from Dragon Pulse, and that's after taking 15.75 - 18.64 from switching into Leaf storm, meaning if he has any type of damage on him, he's gone. The only thing that walls him completely would be Heatran, which still has to be weary of the rare set carrying HP ground.

Choice scarfer can make a good revenge kill on Serperior, but Keldeo can't OHKO it, where as Serperior can OHKO it even without +2, Landorus-T threatens massively with U-turn, allowing him to do good damage, but he still needs Serperior to take rocks and LO damage before he can take it out, otherwise he leaves his switch taking a +2 STAB Leaf storm, and leaving it with a pokemon at +4 with 357 speed. Salamance, Terrakion, Thunderous all need Rocks and various LO damage to kill, all while they're OHKO'd at +2 in return if they don't kill. Kyurem-B has a high chance OHKO after just LO damage, but again, if he doesn't, Serperior takes him out.

Most of the time Serperior would probably have enough damage to not want to stay in on a scarfer, but most of them don't want to switch in leaf storms too often either.

Serperior isn't going to be an unmatched threat going instantly into ubers, nobody will claim that, but he can have a very strong role in OU, being massively threatening if you ever let him use a leaf storm, and is far from being outclassed by Celebi, those 13 extra base speed points make a huge difference in its ability to stay in, all while being able to +2 while hitting any switch ins extremely hard, making it far more useful attacking wise than Celebi is.

Last edited:
Sheer force feraligatr will get banned from ru ,and it will stay in high OU for a long time, water fall will now 1hko everything that is not a resistor and has no hp investment after sd in rain,
but for Ru i think people could exploit sheer force and make creative mixed sets like

Dragon Dance/Water fall/Crunch/Ice beam, with life orb and and the appropriate stat spread this thing will plow through defensive teams alike, grass types like tangrowth that are considered good counters of ferra will be unable to handle an ice beam, while the psychic types like slowking that infest the tier like will cry against a boosted crunch

but i have no idea how DW works when is it going to be released ? why is it not released yet ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)