SV OU The Unconventional Dancer [SV OU]

Hello everyone, I'm a returning player coming back into the competitive scene after not trying for 2 gens. I personally felt interested with the new SV mons, and what they have to offer. I also really want to help in creating some new sets while the metagame is fresh and new. If anyone would be willing to help, I would appreciate it. :]

Quaquaval @ Salac Berry
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Acrobatics
- Reversal

Here is the star of the show, and who I'm trying to work. While mostly everyone runs Band/Scarf on this mon. I wanted to try a SD Set with Reversal. The main reasoning for this set is to act a late game clean up mon when it's opposition would be rid of, or weakened to the point where it can pick it off. You simply would get to +2 Attack, and if you have any remaining HP before you proc your Salac Berry you would Endure to make sure it 100% procs for extra speed. Then go from there and start to wreck havoc. The point here is to use it while Psychic Terrain is active meaning that you can't use priority moves while the terrain is active. Meaning that the only way is that you either switch terrains, or you find a mon to naturally outspeed Quaquaval after it's Salac boost. After a SD + Salac Boost Quaquaval is basically set to knock mostly anything out after rocks in the tier. There's only a few mons that can handle it once it's done setting up. See below for some answers to it that I've dealt with during the battles I've used with it.

Iron Bundle: Iron Bundle sometimes run Scarf meaning it does still outspeed with the boost meaning it can simply Freeze Dry to finish me off. Which it's one of the only mons that could do so after the boosts have been applied. I often don't see scarf as often, but I have ran into a few on the ladder. So, I felt it was worth noting as least for the thread here.

Clodsire: Clodsire basically beats this set 1v1 no matter what happens. It's very unlikely that you'll go above +2 since you don't have bulk, or screen support to give you extra breathing room. Clodsire basically auto wins against it with Unaware alone. Meaning that I'll never be able to KO the mon. Unless it was already weakened by your other mons after the set up. But, it's definitely something that has this set beat 100%. Even if I were to slot in a water move, it's natural bulk would at the minimum take 1 of the hits before I go down. Even more sure after I teraslize myself into Flying.

indeedee-female.gif
Indeedee @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SpA
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic Terrain
- Psyshock
- Encore
- Healing Wish

Meet Quaquaval Partner in crime. Indeedee is 100% here simply for the terrain only. It's also one of the only mons that can set up Psychic Terrain since Lele is not in the games yet. The whole point for it is simply for the terrain only. It doesn't really bring anything extra outside of a extra heal to a weakened mon on the team. I do run Psychic Terrain in case things do try to switch the terrain while it's on the field. Encore is a nice tech option to lock somebody into a set up move and well go for the end game win afterwards.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin

I choose Great Tusk as my answer to Clodsire. As I said before, it's one of the only mons that can beat Quaquaval 1v1 after it's boosts. For Great Tusk, I also went a bit more of a slightly bulkier build to be able to tank a few hits a little better ensuring I have better odds spinning, or getting up rocks. It's also the better option based on the members on the team to help ensure that I keep my hazards up since I can use the extra weakened damage to beat other mons down. I'm also opting to run Earthquake instead of Headlong Rush to give me a stable STAB that doesn't hurt my stats outside of CC. With one of the other, I could at least use some of it's bulk to help me against other ones. i.e. beating something 1v1 with just Earthquake as opposed to getting weaker defensively with the my main selected STAB options.

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Make It Rain
- Focus Blast

Beat spinblocker in the game imo. Since it can also block Defog & Mortal Spin. While there are some other ways like Tidy Up to get rid of hazards. being able to block 2/3 ways is a still a pretty nice win-con. Which is why I wanted to run this mon so that I can make sure my rocks stay up on the field. Great Tusk can usually handle the spinning part if other mons set up on me. Gholdengo also hits pretty hard against mons with it's pretty open movepool options and it's STAB combo. I am thinking of running Psychic to one make use of Terrain + help dealing with Glimorra since it can come in pretty freely against me and set up all sorts of hazards on me forcing me to spin. That would also give me a secondary move to hit Clodsire with as well maybe? But, I think the biggest benefit would be to scare or to deal with Glimorra definitely. Not 100% sure though.

Iron Moth @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

I choose Iron Moth to simply be a hard hitting nuke against things to either weaken, or get rid of the targets completely. That's really it. I'm not really sure of the synergy if there's any with the team in mind. I did want something to hit really hard on the special side and Iron Moth seemed like a decent candidate for the job. However, I am having doubts on it now. While I don't find there's nothing bad against Iron Moth and it beating able to pop a good portion of the tier. Maybe something could be better maybe?

Wo-Chien @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Tablets of Ruin
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Wo-Chien is a good wall for it's ability, and natural bulk all together. It also acts as a great switch in when Great Tusk is threatened, and vice versa on Wo-Chien. With Leech Seed+ Protect. You can effectively stall out some pretty nice mons especially if they cannot break against this mon. Due to it's ability it doesn't need as much investment in defense imo. But, this whole set is about hindering as best as it can. Knocking off items when available. Forcing switches with Leech Seed stall. And healing HP from Seed + Drain + Leftovers. I also opted to pick this mon as another candidate to teralize cause of it's x4 weakness to Bug making a huge target for U-Turn from many mons which it obviously doesn't take very well. While I do have protect to scout, I could still get caught IF I protected the turn prior, or something of the like. But, yeah. That's why Wo-Chien is here.

So, that's the team. Any options? Any would be appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)