inView attachment 514632Welcome to the nineth iteration of the Ubers Open, Smogon's largest Ubers tournament! Whether you're an experienced player willing to prove themselves or someone just trying to have some fun playing the tier that is home of the most powerful Pokémon, may RNG bless you all in your journey to become the seventh ever Ubers Open winner!
Beautiful art by Zracknel
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- Grand Slam rules can be found here.
- Standard SV Ubers.
- Best-of-three, single elimination.
- Battles should take place on the Smogtours server.
- SV cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
- Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.Battle Clauses:Identity
About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.
About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.
On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.
On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.
Timer Clause / Disconnections
On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, only being turned off in the case of a player disconnecting, and in that case will only be turned off for 5 minutes. The timer may not be turned off in any other circumstance.
On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.
On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.
- Evasion Clause
- OHKO Clause
- Sleep Clause
- Species Clause
- Timed Battle
- Team Preview
- Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
- When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
- Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
- If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director if, for some reason, you don't really trust my judgement) on Smogtours discord server if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post. Since this is Smogon's biggest individual Ubers tournament, I'm expecting a lot of excellent moments, a high level of competition and, eventually, a winner!
Last but not least, aside from points towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, this tournament is part of the Ubers Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do!
I'm looking forward to a great tournament, good luck everyone!
Signups will close at Sunday, May 14th at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4). Post "in" to enter.