The Trickiest Room To Set Up

Hey guys, with the new generation on the horizon, I wanted to make one last team get it "smogon" approved. I wanted to try my hand at a Trick Room team since it isn't usually used but I think its the only viable team to use one of my favorite pokemon, Eelektross.

THE SWEEPERS:

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb (Lead)
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SAtk / 64 Def
Quiet Nature
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
My Lead, 1st Trick Roomer, Status Absorber and main Special Sweeper. Its terrible speed and amazing ability when paired with life orb allow Reuniclus to hit hard under a Trick Room. Its a basic set, set up, use a move that's appropriate for the situation or switch.

Conkeldurr (M) Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 120 HP/ 252 Atk / 136 SDef
Brave Nature
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Mach Punch
My main Physical Sweeper, Priority and 1st Wall Breaker. Uses its coverage to in the two elemental punches against water, grass, and dragon types. Drain Punch allows for some kind of recovery and handles the likes of Tyranitar. Mach punch for priority as a revenge killer.

Eelektross @ Expert Belt THE FUN PART
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Tail
My Mixed Sweeper of sorts and 2nd Wall Breaker. I love this guy, under Trick Room he can finally use his amazing coverage to use. Flamethrower for those steels like Scizor, Ferrothorn and Forretress. Volt Switch for Stab and Synergy, Giga Drain for some recovery against water and ground types. Dragon Tail is my phazing move of choice, allowing a hit while forcing a switch for Stealth Rock damage. Also loves to switch into earthquakes aimed at Heatran.

THE WALLS:

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psychic
My 1st Physical Wall and 2nd Trick Roomer. A basic set, Trick Room and slack off for obvious reasons. Scald for stab and the occasional burn. Psychic because Reuniclus has psyshock. Slowbro has great synergy with Heatran and Forretress as a core. It switches in on Heatran's Fighting or water weakness while having Heatran cover Slowbro and Reuniclus' bug, dark and ghost weakness. Also allows Forretress's fire weakness to be used as a predicted switch for Slowbro and Heatran.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Def
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
My Stealth Rocker and Special Wall. It is my answer to other Heatran, Scizor to an extent, and Sun Teams. Lava Plume for steels and grass types, Earth Power for other Heatran and electric types. Uses Toxic on the bulkier pokemon I run against but I do not carry Protect because it uses turns while in Trick Room. Has some synergy with Eelektross when it comes to ground attacks.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
My 2nd Physical Wall, Spinner and Spiker. Set up Spikes and then uses the right move for the situation or switches. Gyro Ball for stab against the speedy pokemon of OU. Volt Switch, like Eelektross, for synergy with the team. Rapid Spin to get rid of hazards.

All natures have been changed to ones that lower speed when compared to their original sets. All Speed IVs are at 0. With 2 Trick Roomers, Trick Room can be up pretty constantly, allowing for all of these pokemon to shine.

I have thought of replacing slowbro with Jellicent to avoid having two psychic Trick Roomers. Any thoughts on that?
Any suggestions are appreciated aswell!

Last edited:
On Conk, you should use Iron Fist over Sheer Force in order to boost all of your moves instead of just 2. Plus you still have the punches effects.

All of your Pokes should also have 0 speed IVs so if the same Poke is on the opposition, you still outspeed them in Trick Room.

On Forry, do not run HP Ice. His nonexistent special attack makes it more or less pointless.

Hopefully I helped and good luck!

Thanks mate. I thought the 0 speed iv's were understood since its a trick room team, I'll add that somewhere. I guess I'll change Conks ability and Forrestress' hp ice to gyro ball thanks.

psychic>psyshock on reuniclus idk y pepul like psyshock beter but almost everything gets hit harder by psychic and blissey isnt tht common at all

elektross needs to be swapped it doesnt hit tht hard therefore wasting trick room turns. im no trick room fanatic but i no there are pokes tht do its job better. theres a lot of trick room teams out there to give u an idea

mayb slowbro cud go offensive? ur team is a bit stally and i think u can use trick room better with more offensive pressure

Thanks for the suggestion with psychic. As for Eelektross, hm I suppose I could use something more offensive. Would a Choice Banded Bouffalant be a good replacement? It has low speed and great Physical attack, also would add a grass immunity to the team with Sap Sipper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)