Project The Top 10 Titans of the Gen 7 Ubers Metagame

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations to our first winner!
:sm/groudon-primal:

With a large difference to the others, Primal Groudon easily takes the number one spot with 9 votes, with Xerneas and Necrozma-DM receiving 1 vote each.

These are our nominees for #2 (you can still click on them and see their nominations and why you should vote for that Pokémon):

Remember, those ranking are for the most influentional Pokémon on the meta, not the best, so, if you think that Primal Kyogre changes the Teambuilding more than Zygarde, but Zygarde is a better Pokémon, then you should vote for Kyogre. This rank also keeps in mind all of gen 7, not just USUM. So, while this doesn't make Pokémon the Necrozma formes and Marshadow unable to compete with the others, do keep in mind that they weren't here from the start.

To vote, you simply needs to say the name of the Pokémon you're voting for; you don't need to provide a motive, but that would be appreciated. Discussion during the voting stages also is encouraged.

While Primal Groudon was an easy one for the start, I expect for votes from now on to be more balanced. Although Marshadow and the Necrozma were also good candidates to me, I'll go with Yveltal for this round. Differently from some others, Yveltal was there from the start, and actually never went below A+, always changing between it and S. Yveltal also is the reason why we have Fairy-types on almost any team, and I bet that if Yveltal didn't exist, Arceus-Fairy wouldn't even be considered to be on the same level as the other support Arceus formes. It's also what keeps Psyspam and, to some extent, Sticky Web from being standard today and both Necrozma not simply setuping up and sweeping every other team, especially when it's usage is so high that having a team slightly weak to it is not an option.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ultra Necrozma. Can't believe Lunala made it to the list over Mega Salamence or Mega Mewtwo Y smh.
Tbh, I did want Mega Salamence to make it onto the nominees (it even was on my suggestion list), but I don't see why Mega Mewtwo Y should be there, especially over Lunala. Not only Mega Mewtwo Y only really became a big part of the metagame at the end of USUM, it also was because it was anti-meta, not the meta itself. Lunala forced more teams to prepare to it thoughout the 7th generation than Mewtwo did.

Necrozma-DM - Xerneas may have been more influential through SM but in USM Necrozma-DM changed building significantly and helped teams with utility in the form of a very powerful breaker that SM seriously missed. Yveltal is also a runner up for this spot as it had significant impacts as countermeasures to the new gen 7 legendaries.

Lunala is also the most reliable check to Dusk+Ultra imo, sorry Yveltal

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
Congratulations to our second winner!
:sm/necrozma-dusk-mane:

With a more balanced voting this time, Dusk Mane Necrozma takes the title of the second most influentional Pokémon of the generation with 5 votes, with the runner-up Yveltal receiving 3 votes and Xerneas and Mega Gengar getting 1 vote each.

These are our nominees for #3 (you can still click on them and see their nominations and why you should vote for that Pokémon):

Remember, those ranking are for the most influentional Pokémon on the meta, not the best, so, if you think that Primal Kyogre changes the Teambuilding more than Zygarde, but Zygarde is a better Pokémon, then you should vote for Kyogre. This rank also keeps in mind all of gen 7, not just USUM. So, while this doesn't make Pokémon the Necrozma formes and Marshadow unable to compete with the others, do keep in mind that they weren't here from the start.

To vote, you simply needs to say the name of the Pokémon you're voting for; you don't need to provide a motive, but that would be appreciated. Discussion during the voting stages also is encouraged.

I'm going with Yveltal again for this round. Although I can easily see the case for Mega Gengar, Marshadow, and Ultra Necrozma for this round too and I wouldn't be surprised if they win, Yveltal to me still is the one that made the biggest splash on teambuilding overall, as it's easily the most used one out of these and is key in keeping the Ghost-types from dominating the tier, forces the Fairy-types on most teams and hugely impact the effectiveness of Sticky Web and Psyspam, not to mention that it also allows its teammates to do many other things due to its sheer versatility, like being one of the few good defoggers for very offensive teams.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)