The Top 10 Titans of the 5th Gen RU Metagame

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Honestly guys, Sharpedo didn't have that significant of an impact. It wasn't used a notable amount even for the majority of the time is was in RU, it only spiked near the end of its tenure. Looking at the remaining mons I kept debating over Druddigon, for its continuous rise and impact since BW2 and Sceptile for its omnipresent, and eventually decided on Sceptile as my vote. Really I'd be happy with either of those two in #10 though. Though I'd probably put Uxie over each of them.

I agree with Texas that Sceptile deserves the #10 spot. Sceptile has always been a pretty big force in RU, and although it wasn't quite as much as Slowking or Entei, its been consistently the most dangerous Grass-type in the tier, arguably. Its Speed stat has always been a benchmark of sorts, drawing a line for what the minimum acceptable speed was for a Scarf (Emboar for instance is only barely faster) its always been a really solid Pokemon, especially when it was #1 in usage that one month - a prime fast and frail sweeper throughout RU that was pretty annoying to wall to boot, and in general this list needs more than 2 Pokemon that have been around the whole time.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sceptile

Sceptile's been a powerful and consistent threat for all of BW2 RU and the majority of BW1 RU as one of the if not the best Grass-type in the tier, and never fails to put pressure on the opponent when its on the field. Both Sceptile's special and physical sets are very dangerous, but most importantly they actually beat each other's checks and counters quite handily, meaning that any opponent facing Sceptile needs to effectively scout it, as their gameplan could easily be stopped by a Swords Dance Sceptile using Acrobatics on their Roselia or something similar. This alone is enough to show how scary Sceptile can be. Sceptile also has one of the highest unboosted base Speeds in the tier, which makes it that much harder to deal with and that much more worthy of titan status. Not just did this Speed make Sceptile harder to deal with, but as Swamp Rocket mentioned it was also the barrier of entry for most Choice Scarf Pokemon, and anything slower than Sceptile after the Speed boost was rendered bad at the role, showing how it affected the metagame a bit. All in all, Sceptile isn't quite as powerful as the other titans imo, but its versatility and consistent presence make it worthy of the #10 spot imo

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sceptile

The premier Grass-type for the vast majority of RU, Sceptile has always been a pretty big threat to deal with. While by no means broken, Sceptile has great versatility, being about the only Grass-type that can viably go physical AND special on the offensive side. Its Speed tier is crucial for the success of Choice Scarf users in the tier. Do you think Emboar would be as effective if it couldn't outspeed Sceptile with a Scarf? Probably not. Pokemon such as Rampardos and Bouffalant that have great power, but low Speed could be p. neat Scarf users if they could outspeed Sceptile. But they can't, so they aren't considered effective Scarf users. (for the record, when I made Gallade's Sub + 3 Attacks set, I based it off of Sceptile's Sub + 3 Attacks set for what it's worth) Solid Pokemon, always something you need to be ready for, and worthy of the #10 spot for how consistently good it has been.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)