SS LC The sturdiness of onix (HO in alarm!) (Peaked #1 with 88.8 GXE)

:ss/onix: :ss/larvesta: :ss/staryu: :ss/ferroseed: :ss/natu: :ss/mienfoo:
(click on sprites for importing the team)

Yo everyone, im writing this because I wanted to share this team with which I topped ladder at 88.8 gxe. So first of all, I wanted to build something solid that would have a nice mu against all playstyles more or less, and so I fortunately did.

———————————————————————

:ss/onix:

Onix @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Firstly I wanted to have a nice mu vs ho / screens / sweepers like magby and tyrunt, so the best mon that covers those is onix. I decided to make it standard with weak armor because with it you have a better mu vs ho, and also vs ponyta, instead of the ddance set.

:ss/larvesta:

Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

Secondly I added larvesta, which is the best switch-in for fighters and grookey, and it also gives me momentum. Wild charge for the 4th slot is for hitting better waters.

:ss/staryu:

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 156 Def / 116 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

After that, I put staryu, which is the spinner of the team and creates a nice core with larvesta and ferro + it is always good vs screens / ho. I also needed something fast. Analytic for hitting frillish harder, which is the only spin blocker used in lc.

:ss/ferroseed:

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 108 Def / 84 SpA / 228 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Subsequently, I chose ferro for the F/G/W core, since I needed something to cover waters, psychics, porygon and magnemite. Standard spikes set.

:ss/natu:

Natu @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

After that, I put natu because I was weak to ferro, koffing, other natus and acro grook. I also needed something else for hitting fighting types and a ground check. So natu covers all + gives a lot of momentum thanks to uturn and its speed. It helps too against hazard setters.

:ss/mienfoo:

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

Lastly, I put foo for having another knock off user, having more momentum, for checking pawn and for hitting better steels.

———————————————————————

In conclusion:

Simply, with this team you cover all threats more or less. Thanks to onix + staryu the mu vs ho / screens / sun teams is really good. It seems a bit passive as a team, I mean I don’t have a real sweeper but it isn’t needed cuz I have big momentum and also only ferro and larvesta have low speed. I thought about making it ddance onix, sd evio foo or cmind natu but honestly I think for onix weak armor is better for switching into hh ponyta and for cmind natu, I don’t think it would be better than the standard set.

Threats:

:drilbur: + :frillish: + :ferroseed:

The only mu I’ve found a bit annoying is drilbur + defensive frillish + ferro but you can put pressure on frillish thanks to uturn larvesta and wild charge.

Replays:

Screenshot of the peak:
7BEC1C0D-3DE5-467F-BA34-BFCFEC17B9D0.png

S/O:

Éric
for writing the introduction and threats sections

:onix: :larvesta: :staryu: :ferroseed: :natu: :mienfoo:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)