Announcement The Smogon Main Discord is Looking for New Team Raters! [OLD] [SEE NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Discord name: Sputnik#2845
Metagame: National Dex OU/RU

I am on the council, VR team, and QC for National Dex OU and have been on them for over a year at this point. I am well versed in the metagame, having been active in it since the DMax days, and have devoted time to it by running projects and have recently run a tournament. I also am a builder in the Teambuilding Lab Project and was a team captain for the inaugural NDPL.

I haven't been playing RU for quite as long, but I feel very well versed in the metagame and have been grinding it recently. I have written several analyses for the tier and have participated in projects on the forums. (I'm not sure if I meet the length of participation requirements on RU yet, however if I don't I would like to be considered for it after I have been participating for long enough if this ends up being an issue)

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
DKM#3769
SS OU / SM OU

SS: Following the meta for a long time, got to R4 of OST using my own teams. Started rating a few teams on site and also wrote the Clefable analysis.

SM: I had the team rater badge back in SM OU and also wrote a few analyses before taking a break. I built loads of teams and played loads of tournaments. I'm currently in R8 winners of SM Seasonal and am still very familiar with the metagame.

I only joined the Smogon Main server recently but I've been hanging out in the OU and tournaments server for a long time.

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
  • Aquarius Ghost ❤#0786
  • SS RU
  • I’ve played a bit over a thousand games in SS RU, I have been one of the first people to reach 89%+ gxe in SS RU as seen on my post in the RU NP forum (can't find the screenshot where I hit 90 gxe) and the first person to get 1770s in SS RU as seen from my recent rmt. I have made it pretty far in RU ssnl tours reached semis I think in one of them. Got into RU because it seemed like a fun tier to play at the time and it still is. It was a very offensive meta which made it even more fun.
  • I've written plenty of SS RU analyses. I have qualified for almost every SS RU suspect such as the Zydog, Thundurus, and the Sigilyph suspect, which I ended up getting very good w/l records on all 3 of the suspects (27-3 for 2 of em and like 31-4 for another one iirc). Additionally, I have contributed a lot to the RU forums such as the RU VR, VoTW, Bazaar, and the NP threads, while also hosting my own RU thread. I recently also have become an RU tutor.

Will

about you
is an official Team Rater
OMPL Champion
Your discord name: WSun1#7725
The meta you'd like to rate: Gen 8 AG / National Dex AG / USUM AG

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: Throughout my two years spent playing AG, I have played over five thousand ladder matches and been involved in numerous tournaments ranging from seasonals to premier leagues and world cups. In these tournaments, I have always taken on a very active role when it comes to teambuilding and preparation. I have a very deep understanding of the competitive metagame in these tiers and furthermore understand the distinction between teams used in tournament play and teams suitable for laddering.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I have peaked the USUM ladder a countless number of times accounts and surpassed 96% GXE on multiple occasions. I have also been drafted in numerous tournaments such as AGPL II, NDPL I, AG Snake, and NDWC. My overall individual record in non-SSNL National Dex AG tournament settings is 11-1; furthermore, I am the #1 seed for the National Dex World Cup individual standings with a 4-0 record. I have also made it to losers semifinals in the only Gen 8 AG seasonal tournament held thus far despite my limited time investment with other tournaments happening at the same time.

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Your discord name: Lasen#2646
The meta you'd like to rate: Gen 8 Ubers / All Old Gen Ubers

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: Bought in every team tournament that has included Ubers in the past 3 years with the exception of Snake and Exhibition, managed the Astral Assassins in Ubers Most Wanted II alongside user steelskitty to a very respectable 2nd place finish, have been a voice in the Ubers room for the past 2~ years.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I put up solid numbers in all tournaments and while I do not put all my energy in whatever current gen Ubers we have, I always land at a solid round 9 (17th) in our latest Ubers seasonal. I also try to rate as many teams as possible during Euro-hours on the Showdown room, am a teambuilder for the ADV Ubers discord and have already started rating a few teams. Furthermore, members of the Ubers Council such as Skysolo, Steelskitty and TrueNora can all vouch for me.

• McSim#3837
  • SS LC
  • I've been playing this tier for now more than 6 months and it's probably the one i would like to help people for the most as I started playing it as a tutee.
  • I play every single tournament in the tier atm, with participations in LTPL, LPL and a lot of French PLs in the tier. I think that I build well and that my experience could be very useful for people asking for help and ratings. Tazz is vouching for me to become a team rater.

Last edited:

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Your discord name: Bandkrook#6483

The meta you'd like to rate: SS UU

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: Started playing last July (over 6 months of tier experience) in the middle of the Jirachi suspect and started posting around that time too. I was also tutored by Lilburr a few months back, which helped me understand the meta and how to build a lot more. I'm new to the tournaments scene but got drafted to play UUFPL and plan on participating in future tours too.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I'm very active on the forums, posting on the NP and VR threads when I can (some posts here and here), and hosting two projects (here and here). Wrote 5 full analysis for UU C&C and mean to write more when they open again. I'm also Driver in the UU room on PS, helping players to the best of my abilities, answering questions and helping them build/fix teams. Lilburr and Estarossa can vouch for me and confirm I am invested in the metagame and community.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your discord name: adem#6270

The meta you'd like to rate: Natdex OU
A brief summary of your experience in that meta: Really started trying to learn the tier right after genesect ban, and attempted to become more comp focused. Reached R8 of Losers Brackets in seasonals, as my best tour performance. Am quite versed in the metagame, and am active in both the rmt section of the nd discord and helped multiple times with nd teams in the smog discord.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: Built many winning teams for the Teambuilding Comp, and joined plenty of the other projects such as Matchmaking. I am also a builder for the Teambuilding Lab project (waiting for s&l to post the teams :psygrump:) , have helped with teams for ndwc, and have made multiple detailed VR posts. Solaros & Lunaris and Avery can vouch for my knowledge of the tier.

Last edited:
Your discord name: toaster ♿#6988 (smog discord nickname: t04ster)

The meta you'd like to rate:
ss ou

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: once upon a time there was a goofy teenager looking for fun under the sun, i started playing ou in mid summer of 2020 -> present, a couple of months after i joined PS. i had a pretty rocky start, but my building experience slowly improved after months of playing. quickly became one of my favorite tiers and got even more hyped when crown tundra released. started to play weeks before the cinderace dlc 1 suspect iirc.

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: despite not being that active on discord i'm pretty active on the forums participating in the ou forum projects such as nbt and the community teambuilding project. started with some small stuff in late december 2020 during half the beginning the crown tundra dlc meta, i then got interested in the trainer academy room because i feel very comfortable and content with helping people, and ended up climbing the ranks up to a moderator due to my strong building knowledge.

hail the stall agenda!

simp

early mornin’ wake ups
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Discord - simp#8115
SS OU
I have been keeping up with and playing the meta since DLC2, so I am very well acquainted now with the meta, recently getting onto the tournament scene in Jamvad's Academy PL, where I have been supplying and helping with builds for my team (my manager, devin can vouch for me on this). My tutor, Niko can also vouch for me on my team building/rating abilities. Within the discord, I have had a decent history of helping with teams in the rmt channels, of which Free | Ratio can vouch for my activity in.

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Discord - Abhisdn417#7433

SS OU

I've been playing for several months now and have a good amount of experience under my belt; not only do i actively rate teams in the discord, but i've also made it onto the ou qc team and have checked a lot of analyses and written a couple of my own.curiosity and ausma can vouch for me if need be.

Last edited:

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
discord is pannuracotta#0454

NDOU/AG, SSAG

I've been playing National Dex tiers for about a year now, and between ou and ag I've got a lot of experience in them, SSAG I've been into since dlc2 came around and I've gotten fairly invested and successful in it.

For NatDex OU i was on the winning NDPL team, top 10 in the most recent seasonal, top 4 for the one before that, and top 10 in last years tournament circuit championships, being knocked out by a finalist. for SS AG i was in the top 10 for the most recent seasonal, played it during the most recent snake and got to the top 8 of the kickoff tour. I know much of the playerbase for these tiers and many of the council in these tiers would vouch for my skill and experience.

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Discord: Kate#5051

I'd like to rate both Natdex AG and Natdex OU

Been playing both for some months now, and am on the VR council on both

Ndou I've reached r10 of seasonal, qualified for circuit playoffs, and am a room driver. NDAG I recently won ndag cup, reached r11 of seasonal, quarters of ladder tour, along with other more minor accomplishments. I know virtually the entire playerbase of both tiers and am incredibly driven for both, hosting projects on the forums for both. I'm sure any council member will vouch for me!

ClockworkJT
VGC
Been playing the format since the beginning of Sword and Shield
Tournaments not yet, but have achieved top 500 placements on the SSH ladder. Going to compete in tournaments in the future and am play testing the format for about 2 hours a day. Yuki can vouch for the fact that I understand the meta and good ways to counter it.

jonas

put your hands to the constellations
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Jomatoes#0001

VGC

Started Last march, have top cut all the online majors I have played through (x9, r/vgc, zelda) and have gotten a good understanding of the metagame. Ive also played in team tours like NPA X (blizzards) PGL 1 and 2, and EGL. I've done a lot of building so im pretty confident with my meta knowledge.

I've Played many tours, tutored some players for jamvad, have topped the ps ladder, etc.

spell

of the void
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Discord: omicorio ☾#7657

Tier: National Dex OU

Experience: Have been playing this tier for a while now, but only really started being competent in it since early March of this year. I was a room moderator in the room, mostly to help out people with builds and partake in discussions about the metagame. Not really a tours person, only build and help people prep for their tours. I also know the entire player base of the tier and am sure most of them would vouch for me, specifically our co-tl Avery.

Last edited:
cherryb0ng#9563
GSC OU, UU
I have been dedicated to GSC for a long time. I have written analyses for GSC NU with a few for OU and UU that are on the way. I run a discord for GSC. While I don't consider myself the best builder for Overused I am staying up to date with the meta and remember teams from all the main team and singles tournaments. For Underused I have a builder that I update every week, even when I am not in a tournament. I am always ready to help a newcomer understand where they can improve with a team and enjoy learning from their ideas.

Zeno420

Banned deucer.
Zeno#0119

SSOU, SMOU, ORASOU

Been playing all 3 tiers pretty actively for almost a year now. Know the meta for each tier pretty handily. I have had success in various small scale pls such as adpl and cpl building teams for my teammates. As for smogon tournaments I have had good runs in previous sm and oras ssnl also being the oras player for us south in rcop.

airfare Storm Zone Ox the Fox and Hockey1 can all vouch for my metagame knowledge and team building skills.

Last edited:

McCoolDude

Just a fat shark
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi everyone!

I recently stepped down from Discord Lead as my IRL has gone crazy. While we transition, these apps may be delayed (they kind of already have been). We will continue to review them as they come!

Last edited:

The Dragon Master

So you have chosen, Death
is a Pre-Contributor
Discord name: TheDragonMaster#9300

Metagame: National Dex OU

Experience: I have been playing the tier for many months Now, and I am well versed in the tier. I made it to round 8 of spring seasonals last year, my best tour performance till date. I am also an ND QC member, and have QC checked many ND analysis. VR Council member Solaros & Lunaris and tier leader Jho can vouch for my metagame knowledge. I have also been very active in the RMT channels of both the ND and smogon cord, and Ratio and adsam can vouch for this.

Last edited:
Discord: Badkarma#6576
Meta: OU
Experiences: I was introduced to Pokemon Showdown by the Youtuber PokeaimMD a few months ago, then found the Smogon Forums and Community a few weeks later. I quickly began to like it a lot and started getting into the whole teambuilding process. I made some RMTs for OU in the past, and I am also available to be a RMT moderator for OU in the Rate My Team section. I joined recently compared to other players but I am experienced in making/rating teams. Nobody can vouch for me as far as I know but I watch lots of Pokeaim videos lol. I hope I can be of help to the Smogon Community. :)

Discord: Mr.Mudkip#5542
Metas: National Dex UU

Summary: I started playing the tier a few months back and frequently make various builds for it. Currently help a lot who have questions about teams on Pokémon Showdown and NatDex discord and have already helped the few who have posted NDUU teams in the Smogon discord. Niadev can vouch for me when it comes to building. Aurodian can vouch for RMT activity as well

NDUU Open placement TBD but hey I got a bye.

Rae

valiance and vigor
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Discord name: Magnum#5270

The meta you'd like to rate: SS UU/OU

A brief summary of your experience in that meta: I started playing in January (a little bit over 6 months of tier experience) in the middle of the Latias suspect test and gained a lot of experience during the numerous suspect's that took place. After continuing to learn from both friends, personal experience and my tutor Lilburr, I've gained a lot more experience and knowledge of the tier. I was drafted for UUFPL for both a sub and building support, though i'm still quite new to the tourney scene. As for OU, I've recently been tutored by ausma and participate in forum projects and ladder every now and then, not as often as UU but still a decent amount

Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame: I'm very active on the forums, posting on the Metagame threads and VR Threads here and here for UU and here and here for OU, while also hosting a project and the Team Bazaar resource for UU found here and here and one project in OU found here. I'm a voice in the UU PS! room and currently have two UU analysis and one OU analysis in the works. I'm also quite active in the UU Discord with ~13,000 messages. If vouches are needed, both ausma and Estarossa can vouch for me, confirming my want to contribute and interest and knowledge in the metagames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)