Announcement The Smogon Main Discord is Looking for New Team Raters! [OLD] [SEE NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
esche#7678
SS UU, UU/RU oldgens
long time lower tier-player with solid rmt experience. i won the first uu team rating competition last gen and got rate of the week multiple times. rmt people told me i showed promise but i didnt always have the time to rate on a regular basis. anyway im now back into rmt and while live chat rating is certainly a bit different from forum rates i imagine it to be engaging as well so this seems like the perfect opportunity to pick up where i left.

devin#7405

SS OU
Been playing SS OU for around a year, have extensive tournament experience making R6 of OST, playing for Team Asia in WCoP and being the primary builder on the team, as well as being picked up for SSD. In addition to tour experience, have also received 5 positive appraisals as a tutor in the B101 forums

S/o IPF for the fix

Last edited:

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Hello! I am definitely willing to help out with this!
  • Guardsweeper
  • National Dex OU, National Dex AG, Gen 8 AG
  • I've been active in these metagames from the very moment they were created
  • I am on all three councils, VR councils, and QC teams; lead the C&C section that covers all of these metagames; moderate the National Dex forum; host a bunch of resources and projects; am a rating judge for National Dex OU & Gen 8 AG; won the National Dex Team Tour

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Discord: Yami#0515
Metas: BW-SS Monotype, LGPE OU
I am a longtime Monotype player since 2017 with tons of experience and meta knowledge. I had made circuit playoffs for SM Monotype last year, made it to round 11 in current Monotype seasonals, Finals for Monotype generation tour a year ago, went 4-0 in current ORAS Monotype swiss tour, played and helped in MPL 4 and 6, Mono BLT, 1-3 and the Monotype slot for 1v1 in PSPL the last 2 years with decent results. I also been doing analyses for Monotype since SM and did every suspect test since Mega Medicham suspect in SM. I also am good with LGPE OU with being in finals for ROA Olympics and have three analyses in QC for the tier.

lph#9362
SS BH
I've been playing SS BH since its start, and actively participate in discussions, mainly in om cord and another bh server. I've built teams of basically every archetype, had a ladder peak and got to r5 of ssnls. I don't think I've seen any other team raters who are experienced / willing to help in BH, so I would be glad to rate some of the BH teams around. Though r5 isn't necessarily the best in the tour and the ladder isn't that competitive, I feel that I have established a good presence in the community as an experienced player. Vouched by our tier leader a loser :3

Wolf

formerly Bloody alfa
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
Bloody alfa#7715

Id like to focus on rating SS OU, but I can also do SM OU & ORAS OU if needed.

Ive been active for around 5 years now, playing actively in big tours, with recently this year qualifying to Smogon tour 29 and making it to semis, into winning OU Spring seasonal a few weeks later, then playing Wcop with Europe with a solid undefeated record, and now just played snake draft (+ a few other stuff in the past like qualifying to OLT etc).

With the quarantine ill be highly active and I can for sure do more than two ratings per day, and with the recent DLC I wanna be involved more on the rating section

Last edited:
majorityonsmogon#3432
SS OU//NU
Been active in the tiers since SM and SS, started a project in NU. got banned in NU sadly, but i still continue to support it, the rust is growing, but i still have some knowledge about NU. OU is pretty fun for me so im gonna have more knowledge on that. Been playing and learning ever since 2019, here, so just want to rate teams because i want to help people, and teach them a bit, but i would feel very honored to have a team rater badge along with what i like to do.

Last edited:

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in the hills#4327
STABmons/Camomons/Mix and Mega

Hey y’all, I’m an Other Metagames moderator who’s been around for a while and this type of thing seems right up my alley
I’m currently on STABmons council and have been playing for a few years now, and been on STABmons C&C team for the duration of this generation.
I am the Tier Leader for Camomons and have been actively involved in projects such as Camomons Iron Chef that focus on rating teams over this generation.
I was a former council member for Mix and Mega for about a year and a half before stepping down earlier this generation, but I still enjoy and keep up with the tier.
Can also help with AAA and BH as well, but those are not directly in my area of expertise.

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Jett#1234
NFE
First joined NFE when it was omotm in June 2019. Pretty much invested all my time into it since then.
I've been NFE TL for more than a year. I lead the resources thread and been a QC member ever since the NFE QC team was introduced towards the end of SM. Went 5-2 in NFE during OMPL VIII. Probably the most active ladder player with 5 accounts in top 10. Also wrote an article on NFE last year.

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Khloe#0023
SS OU / SS UU / SM OU
I have been playing SS OU/SS UU since the start of the generation, and I have garnered a lot of experience with teambuilding, team archetypes, and general playing throughout my time of playing this generation and Smogon tiers as a whole for the past 5 years. I am also fairly versed in SM OU and have played since its establishment in 2016, and have achieved top 500 on several instances, however, I have played this generation more when I was a silent player, so I have nothing to show for it.
My experience with SS OU/SS UU shows heavily through the myriad of posts I've made throughout the past 12 months. You can see me having posted often in the SS OU/UU metagame threads and viability rankings, and I am currently up to date with both metagames. Additionally, I have written the Lycanroc-Dusk, Mantine, and Salazzle analyses prior to the CT metagame for SS UU.

Last edited:
Safir#7965
SS RU / NU (but if someone wants me to rate an ADV UU team i will literally stop whatever I am doing to do it)
I've been playing SS RU for about the whole generation at the moment - NU I have a bit less tenure in as of now but I've done pretty well in the past two seasonals (top 4 in last one, r8 winners? for current one). Not new to rating since back in the day I used to be p active in RMT and had the badge, figured this would be a fun thing.

Sickist#0852
USUM OU / USUM UU

I've been (+) rank in the UU room due to my heavy forum contributions during SM/USUM UU. I've had several SMUU RMT's winning RMT of the month for that tier, as well as winning Rate of the month for my SM OU rates. I'm not Finchinator or anything, but I'm pretty decent at building for both tiers. I've done mainly SM OU rates (because estarossa and avarice keep sniping SM UU rmt's), but you can easily look at my SMUU RMT's as well as my sheer amount of contributions to the USUM UU Forums to tell that I'm at least decently knowledgeable in the building process of SM UU. LIke I said, there are probably hundreds of players that are better, but I can at least pull my weight for these now quite-not as common tiers.

As far as consistent rates, I can get a rate out for a RMT for either tier within a couple days to a week. I work 5 days a week and am finishing high school, but I am still pretty active.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Discord Name: Roxiee#7869
Metagame: SS/SM/ORAS Monotype
Summary: I've played Monotype for about 2 years and starting off I was ass ofc..but after joining B101's tutoring session to learn the tier and improve my battling skills overall, I have a tremendously better view on how the metagame works along with being interested in niches and creative sets. Sadly, I have not won any tournaments yet but I am pretty active on PS! and I rate as many teams as I could along with giving advice. Exploring Monotype overall, I have found ORAS to be my favorite Monotype gen, here is my first ORAS RMT to give you an overview of my teambuilding capabilities: Cool off.
Ways I've Demonstrated my knowledge of the metagame: As mentioned before, I have written RMTs before, and comparing my first Monotype RMT to my most recent RMT I feel like that's improvement. You can view my bio to see that I've written 6 mini analyses for Monotype so far along with writing Isle of Armor: The Monotype Metagame with other writers. I am (+) voiced in the PS! Monotype public room and Decem can vouch for me considering he was my previous tutor and Leader/Council member.

McCoolDude

Just a fat shark
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi Everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that we have added our very first wave of team raters (well, from this thread) to the discord. Congratulations, everyone!

If you weren't chosen in this first wave, don't fret! You are on the list to be a team rater in the discord, it's just that, due to overwhelming interest, some metagames filled up very quickly. We're going to be keeping an eye on our lists and the demands for each meta as this continues. If a meta you have applied for gets a lot of activity in the discord, we may expand the amount of raters we list for that meta.

Edit to add:

We're also looking for a few more people for BSS, DUU, VGC, and Gen 2-5 OU. If you have extensive experience in these metas, they still have slots available!

Last edited:
If I'm not to late on this:
  • Discord Name: Mubs#2111
  • Metas: All relevant generations of 1v1 and 2v2 Doubles
  • Experience:
    • 1v1: I've played 1v1 consistently for about 2 and a half years, actively discussing on forums for some time now.
    • 2v2: I've been its its Tier Leader for almost exactly a year now.
  • Demonstrations of my knowledge: With regards to 1v1, I've written various posts and analyses, multiple articles and spotlights, along with making playoffs of 1v1 Classic IV and being in the running for 1v1 Championships. As for 2v2, I've been its tier leader for almost a year now and a catalyst for its discussion for even longer. Also might be worth mentioning that I've been CC'd for my work in both areas.
Anyways, thanks for reading, have a nice day, and I hope you'll approve me!

Discord name: Moutemoute#9776
Metagame: UU (SS/SM/ORAS)

I'm playing UU since almost 5 years now and I'm quite involved in the UU community (UU Community Contributor). I'm hosting both SS UU Speedlist and SS UU Role Compendium and I'm part of the UU council since the beginning of SS. I'm also a UU tutor and made several good teams in the RMT subforum. Never did some amazing performances in big tournaments but I'm currently a sub for the Sky Tower Lindworms (finalist team for the Smogon Snake Draft) and was able to win 2 out my 3 matchs as a substitute. I was also one of the two managers of the French Team for the UUWC (where I also finished in 2-1). I'm currently hosting UU Majors V..and I think that's pretty much all !

Thank you in advance and thanks to Blitzamirin for the help to find out this thread <:

Discord name: Tomahawk#6827
Tiers: DPP Ubers / DPP OU / DPP UU
Experience: I have team rating experiences in the DPP and BW days, and these are the tiers I've been playing the most over the years (and pretty much the ones I'm playing this year since I'm back).
Demonstration of my knowledge:
- DPP Ubers: Played it in UPL multiple times, 6-3 record in the most recent one, 13-8 overall. In finals of the RoA Olympics tour.
- DPP OU: Recently no major results (did play in POCL and some Discord PLs), but I'm sure I can find people to vouch for me if needed. Last DPP Cup I played in, I made it to R7 (iirc?). Also have tutored this tier plenty of times.
- DPP UU: I won the RoA Olympics tour.
- Team Rating: I have the badge.

ThelordofbadRNG

Banned deucer.
Oh god I hope I'm not too late for this :blobastonished:

ThelordofbadRNG#2454

BW OU
/ SM OU / can do SS OU and NatDex OU too if needed

Played SM when it was still current gen somewhat consistently for about 2 years and it's one of the few tiers I feel remotely comfortable rating teams for because I have a giant SMOU builder and still build teams for it somewhat often, currently am a BW OU and SS OU tutor on the battling 101 subforum. Don't have any notable tournament experience (If RoAVR and Indigo Plateau playoffs count then sure) but I've peaked SS OU at #1 and had a GXE of 90 in BW OU at one point (which I probably don't have a screenshot for because I'm a bus) and have been keeping my eye on SS and NatDex OU suspect tests and getting suspect test voting reqs for most of them that I caught onto. I'm sure the demand for rates in the beautiful tier known as BW OU is absolutely boomin' :bloblul:

Last edited:

Mr.Bossaru

PMPL Champions 2022' ZU GOD\NU GOAT
is a Top Tiering Contributor
discord x-bossaru-x

SM OU\SM Ubers\SM NU\SM ZU\SM PU\SS OU\SS Ubers\ SS NU\SS ZU\ORAS OU\ ORAS NU\ ORAS ZU

XP; I have rated\help build many nu teams,

been number 1 in SS NU\SM NU\ORAS NU 'currently still number 1 in SS NU GXE of 85'

Apagogie

Zee you later
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Discore Name : Apagogie#1512
Tier : ZU

I'm a ZU council member and Quality check since few months now. I have joined ZU before the creation of the tier and I've invested basically all my showdown and smogon time in this metagame. I'm also a ZU moderator who leads different projects such as ZU Ladder Achievement or ZU Personal Viability Rankings. I recently won ZUPL 2020 with the team I managed. I'm always highly active, especially with the lockdown going on. I would be happy to help people who want to discover my cute tier.

Last edited:
Discord: JackPilot#4212
PS Username: JackPilotF2
Tiers of expertise: DOU and VGC20/21

To whom it may concern,
I would like to apply for this position to help the doubles community. I've been playing VGC for a very long time(since 2016) and reached top #8 on SwSh Ranked VGC2020 ladder as well as top 100s and later top 50s for VGC2020. I have learnt the meta for VGC2021 quite well as well. On top of this I've been playing DOU for over a year anr recently reached top #16 with an Elo of 1740 and GXE of 80% in DOU ladder.(may have dropped to ladder decay and recent losses)

Thanks for your time, I'm willing to prove me skill if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)