Announcement The Smogon Main Discord is Looking for New Team Raters! [OLD] [SEE NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader

The Smogon Discord Server is looking for new live team raters! As the discord amasses users, the demand for live team rating grows. To better accommodate this and provide more robust metagame knowledge in the discord, we are looking for members with knowledge of various metas to join and have their name added to our Team Rater roster.

Requirements:

1. Active on the forums or a Smogon-affiliated discord for at least 6 months.
  2. Solid knowledge of metagame fundamentals and the tier that you are desiring to rate - this can be proven via replays, interviews, etc.
  3. Willingness to adhere to a certain threshold of decorum in the discord/model the behaviors we'd like to see in those channels.
  4. Once accepted, a minimum level of activity that will be assessed by Server Leaders monthly.

The rewards are a different role color and the ever-desired reacts! This is currently only enabled for those that have attained the Live Chat Contributor badge - you would have it as long as you remain active in the team rater role. After a minimum threshold of rates, your time spent as a competitive helper/team rater will be used in determining the Live Chat Contributor badge award.

To apply, please post in this thread with::

• Your discord name.
  • The meta you'd like to rate.
  • A brief summary of your experience in that meta.
  • Ways you've demonstrated knowledge of the metagame. This can be done via tour matches, articles written, forum team rating examples, tier leaders/council members who would vouch for you, etc. (It is especially helpful if examples of these things are given)
After posting, a server staff member will contact you if you have been chosen. Please direct any questions to Kaede

FAQs:

Will this get me LCC?

Maybe! Consistent activity in the rater role is a good path to being nominated for that badge. However, we look at the context of your rates and behavior in the discord as well.

How many rates do I have do perform?

This depends largely on the meta you rate for. For current gen metagames, 1-2 average rates per day is ideal. For older gens that don't get much traffic, the number may drop significantly. If you find you aren't getting many requests for your meta, please drop by the #comp_gen channel - knowledgeable users on any metagame are always appreciated there, as the concepts and thought processes are shared by many metagames.

Will we be notified of potential rates?

Yes! Currently we are sorting out the bot to handle the mass influx of rates we are expecting for the DLC metagames, but we plan to have it pinging raters only when their meta is requested.

How many raters do you need for {tier}?

The truth is, we don't know! We'll likely start small in the smaller, less requested tiers and build out from there. If you request to rate a smaller tier and don't get picked immediately, don't fret! You are on the list and we will contact you as soon as space opens up for you.

Live rating in the Discord carries with it challenges that make it unique from other areas of Smogon ratings. In order to make sure all of our live raters get proper support (and credit!) for their activities in the discord, we've established some general guidelines and information for rating teams in those channels.

General Guidelines:

• Be kind and respectful. The discord is home to many players who have just started to venture into competitive play. Things you may consider to be obvious may not be quite so obvious to that player.
  • Do not rate for metagames you are unfamiliar with, and always clarify metagame before rating if one is not clearly stated in the request.
  • Don't fix what cannot be fixed. If a team is so broken that it would require replacing the majority of the pokemon and sets, or the sets indicate a complete lack of competitive knowledge, please refer that player to the samples for their meta.
  • If a team is currently being rated in one channel, try to move a new request to the other channel. If both channels are being used, please minimize back-and-forth chat between the requestor and yourself.
  • Stay on topic. If a user asks questions unrelated to their specific team being rated, please guide them back to #Comp-General. The intent is to keep those channels clean so that other players can see the logic being used in the teambuliding process.
  • Don't be afraid to ask clarifying questions. If you see information that indicates the user may not be understanding metagames as a whole (building for a meta with several unavailable mons in that meta is a good example), please try to guide them to where they intended to be.

Format:

• Discord's format makes it easy to get confused or talk over individual users. To minimize this, please notify the requestor that you are going to be providing a rate, then keep as much of the text of the actual rate contained to as few messages as possible.
  • If submitting a corrected team, please use PokePaste.
  • Try to minimize jargon wherever possible - use a pokemon's full name when providing it, and the full names of the moves, to reduce confusion among newer players.

Rules Enforcement:

• If a user is abusing the channels, breaking rules, or being consistently non-contributive, please bring it to the attention of server staff.
  • If you have concerns about the quality of another rater's contributions, please let staff know privately.

Downtime:

• If you are not getting many rating opportunities for your meta, please hang out with us in #comp-gen. There are often questions regarding mechanics and metagames that new players will ask there, so it's a good opportunity to be a resource for others.

Absence/Changes:

• If you need to be away for awhile and won't be active, that's fine! Please let server staff know ahead of time, though. Unannounced, prolonged periods of time without rates can result in your competitive helper role being revoked.
  • If you no longer feel confident in rating a meta (maybe you haven't played in awhile, or you've focused on a different meta), please let us know.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Discord: Plague von Karma#2000
Meta: RBY OU/UU
Summary: I'm vastly more experienced in mechanics and theory than play, but have been heavily contributing to RBY as a generation for quite a few months with positive feedback.
Knowledge: I run a resource hub and have written 3 full analyses on Smogon. I also have...5 UU analyses in QC. I've also heavily contributed to RBY 2k20's website and PS server, though these are less relevant for the metagames I'm looking to work with. I believe helping players would assist me with my own improvement as well.

On a side note, I'm active in the main Smogon server, as well as RoA.

Batzi

“I’m Cosmo Kramer, the Assman!”
is a Tiering Contributor
Discord name: TrueArrow#7793 (as a sidenote, I'm quite active on discord and I'm on it basically over 6 hours a day, usually more.
Meta I'd like to rate: National Dex OU or Gen 8 OU. EDIT: Would like to rate Gen 6 OU as well, been building teams for my team in JamPL
Summary of experience in the meta: Regarding National Dex OU, I made it to Round 6 of the latest seasonals tournament and peaked at 1800 on the account "ashgrentonumber1" with a GXE of over 86, as well for completing 2 suspect tests. Regarding Gen 8 OU, I've been playing since release and I've been keeping track of the different stages of the meta. Currently still competing in the Round 2 of the Crown Tundra tournament with a good win in the first round. Peaked around 1750 on my main during dlc 1.
Ways I've demonstrated knowledge of the metagames: In National Dex, one of my teams won the teambuilding competition as well as writing a very long essay about the team detailing the weaknesses and strengths of the team as well as each members purpose. I also do consistent write ups on a competitive discord server called "Pult Paradise" outlining my thoughts on the NDOU and OU metagame, as well as helping with people's draft teams on multiple different draft discord servers and even hosting my own in National Dex format. Additionally, I help my teammates in the jampl with their teams as the manager.
For National Dex OU I have metagame council member Sevelon to vouch for me as well as Solaros & Lunaris.
For OU I'm currently asking someone and they aren't online yet so I'll edit this response once I get a response from them. EDIT: No longer need them to vouch because I just got the role

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Discord: dillon#0006 (avarice)
Meta: SS UU n PU
Summary: been active community member in both for a while, support in snake (albeit undrafted) and participating in both WCs for the tiers. helping in new TA (+) so helping rate teams isn't totally new (in addition to being apart of the UU teambuilding lab this gen and 7th)
Knowledge: pu snake discussion post (did a couple of these in both PU and UU snake discussion) uu samples (old meta but still). tutor for SS PU and been keeping up w both metas w tundra drops still

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord: Dreamcatcher#3896 (Dreamcatcher UwU on PS)
Meta: SS LC (Can help with SS thru DPP if necessary)
Summary: I've been playing SS LC since it came out and have been keeping up with the metagame, being active in VR and helping out in the community.
Qualifications: LC C&C member, Wrote an article on Sticky Web (its being suspected rn lmao), Two LC RMTs of the month (Also sample rate), and helped with Snake Stats

Avery

Banned deucer.
Discord - Sevelon (#6024)
Tier - Natdex OU / UU
Summary - I’m a Natdex OU council / vr council member, won the spring Natdex seasonal, and played both Natdex OU and UU in Natdex premier league, managed the Chicago Krookodile in NDPL, also Cold Apple Soda (NDUU Leader) could vouch for my experience in nduu

Last edited:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, I'm Fc04, and I'd like to apply to rate gen 8 (and maybe other gen) Ubers teams! My discord is Fc04#6888

For my experience with the meta, I've played Ubers for most of the time I've been on Smogon, participating in multiple tournaments such as ULT II, playing and doing well in UPL VIII, playing in Summer SSNL, and live tours. I also have some past gen experience from this tournament as well as live tours if needed, but my strongest generation is probably 8. I've written a few analysis as well such as for Quagsire and Kingdra with another being worked on that show meta understanding, albeit from the DLC 1 metagame. I've also rated multiple teams on smogon through the RMT forum such as here, here, and here among others while also building successful teams such as this one. DLC 2 hasn't been out for long, but I've already began to grasp the meta through laddering for suspect reqs and for fun to learn the meta, as well as winning my R1 of the DLC 2 Kickoff tour. I'm also a current VR council member as of recent.

Bag of Trixx

I like to call it a passion
is a Pre-Contributor
Discord: BagofTrixx#4880 (Bag of Trixx)
Meta: SS PU, can also do old gens of PU
Summary: I've been an active member of the PU community for several years now and have considerable knowledge in a multitude of the PU generations. On top of this, I am a manager for PUWC Team US Midwest, support for TJ as his builder for Snake (currently we are in semi-finals), support for several of the top players during a plethora of PU tournaments such as PU Open, PU Kickoff, PUPL (as well as was a player for SM PU), Official Room Tours, ODL (Spanish Snake -- I was the sole PU player on our team as well as the builder for myself).
Knowledge: I've done several Tier Shift Discussion Posts / Pre-Analyses for SS PU (this is my most recent one, but have several others) and have provided several ideas for PU Samples. I'm also currently a tutor for SS PU and I am involved in the new Trainer Academy (+).

EDIT: goated ex-TL Akir vouched for my nomination as a Team Rater

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Discord Name: Solaros & Lunaris#8534
Tier: National Dex OU, can do National Dex UU
Summary: I’m an NDOU council member and moderator in the National Dex PS room. I also host the ever active NatDex Teambuilding Competition and the far less active Good Cores thread, and have written several National Dex analyses. I’m a long time player, and am always willing to see the NatDex playerbase grow!

Discord: Chazm#2062
Meta: National Dex OU / National Dex UU / Other Metagames (Mix and Mega, Camomons)

Heya. I've been playing National Dex OU since pretty much a few days after it started and have been having considerable activity in the room, currently sitting at a moderator role. I have had significant victories in National Dex OU, winning the Livetour series as well as getting to quarterfinals in the last Seasonal. I also have a (slightly undeserved) 5-0 record in NDPL I. This is echoed in National Dex UU, given that I was the finalist for the only tour that National Dex UU has currently done and am on the viability rankings council. Furthermore, council member Sevelon has vouched for me as a potential candidate. For the Other Metagames section, I am particularly versed in Mix and Mega & Camomons as I am both Council members for them and significant achievers in tournaments for the past two years.

Last edited:
Discord Name: velvet#0286
Tier: National Dex AG, Gen 8 Anything Goes, Gen 7 Anything Goes, and Gen 4 Anything Goes + Gen 8 Ubers.
Summary: I’ve been playing Anything Goes as a whole since I started PS and during those times I’ve learned and helped lots of users who are trying to get into the meta whether if it was through ladder, live-chat, or PMs. Currently a voice user in the room and been a active member when it came to participating in seasonals, leagues, and along with winning AGLT. Got the opportunity to manage a team in the recent AGPL and enjoyed every moment helping my teammates with team composition and as well as managing for them. Recently had the great opportunity to be in Player of the Week and got to share my experience with the meta and hoping to do much more. I’m able and believe that I can guide any user willing to learn the metagame as a whole along with enjoying their time in the community!

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
sure

Lily#0123
SS UU / Natdex UU / edit: BW PU
I've been playing SS UU very actively since its inception and I've kept up with and inspired a lot of metagame trends. I'm a council member and I'm currently starting in Snake in UU so hopefully that shows that I know what I'm talking abt.
As for NDUU, I'm on the council there too and amassed a 6-1 record in NDPL!
edit: BW PU is a pretty unexplored tier that probably won't get many requests, but I played it in PUPL with a solid 4-2 record where both of my losses were to the same person, EviGaro. I also built most of my teams during that tournament.

Last edited:
zee#5449
SS/SM VGC
I play a lot of VGC and spectate matches even more often. I have a lot of friends that I often play with, and just in general have very high activity when it comes to getting in games. (I also currently help rate teams in PS VGC and the new Trainer Academy chats and have auth in both)
Been playing for like 6 years now. Two worlds qualifications. Top cuts of major tournaments can be found here, here, here, here, and here

Shadowmonstr7

MUDA MUDA MUDA
Shadowmonstr7#4409
SS DOU
I've had lots of experience with playing Doubles. I've participated in every official dou tournament this year and have achieved the ninth most points on the current circuit. I've also voted in every suspect for the meta this year, provided support for dou as a member of the Leviathans, went 3-1 in DPL, and am a past sample team contributor.

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Geysers#6331
SS AG / SS Natdex AG / USUM AG
I’ve played thousands of games in each of USUM and Natdex AG, peaking high on Natdex ladder with 93% GXE on my account Grand Geyser, and I’ve been a leading innovator in the new galar dex meta post-dlc. I've performed well in multiple AG tours, putting up a 3-1 record in AGPL, reaching the losers' bracket finals of the Spring Seasonal tournament. I also reached the finals of the AG Grand Prix, which was a multi-gen AG tournament focusing on ORAS AG, USUM AG, and SS Ag. In addition, I went 2-0 in the USUM AG slot for AG Team Tour II, beating the very strong players, MZ and Tic-Tac-Toe Guru. I was also selected to be the first AG player of the week.
As shown in my signature, I've written over a dozen analyses for Natdex AG, which is how I got this nifty little ladybug. I've also rated several AG teams in the SS other teams forum, with examples here, here and here. In addition, I qualified very early for the Ubers Dynamax suspect, which is relevant to AG since both metas are currently near-identical, so skill in one translates readily to the other. Additionally, I created a program to automatically build AG teams, populated with sets and logic based off of my meta knowledge, and it can reliably generate solid balance teams for Natdex AG. I also created a large teamdump for my 500th post, showcasing some of my best builds throughout AG.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Aurodian#8863

SS OU, SM OU, Natdex OU, (could chime in for ORAS OU, BW OU and DPP OU but not as proficient in those 3)

Summary: I'm always keeping up with the metas listed above, as in participating in suspect tests, experimenting with different builds in the meta, following discussion on it and have also been constantly playing in them in tournaments where i can.

Knowledge on metagames: I've gotten to SS OU fall ssnl R11, got drafted for odl to play ss ou (origin draft league), qualified for ND ladder tournament, made it into ND live tour playoffs, got into NDPL where my team got to semifinals (although i didn't get a chance to play, I did help out with teams a decent amount, ask my manager, Sevelon ), and I'm most likely gonna qualify for natdex circuit playoffs. I missed entering a couple of SM tours so the most i have is a couple of discord premier leagues, most notably fpl (my manager for that, Thiago Nunes can vouch for that). In addition I have been doing some rmt work again as I used to for a good while back in the early days of my account on smogon and have done a couple of rates in natdex thus far, with hopes to continue. In terms of people to vouch for me, I can say council members from natdex ou Sevelon, Solaros & Lunaris can. In addition I'm also cohosting the natdex teambuilding competition alongside council member Solaros & Lunaris as of rn.

As a side note, I talk a lot in the natdex smogon server and am active a lot in discord due to quarantine, allowing me to check teams often.

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Kris#0366
LGPE OU, STABmons, and other Other Metagames
I'm LGPE OU council and QC and STABmons QC
I can vouch for myself re: LGPE OU, and for STABmons, I've been playing it ever since Gen 6 and have numerous analyses/articles written for the metas

Last edited:

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
DugZa#6892
SM & SS Monotype
Been active in the tier since SM, with decent success in both individual and team tours. I'm the current Monotype Circuit winner and currently am a Monotype tutor. I'm up to date with the current metagame and have been involved in writing some Monotype-related articles.

i am not on discord to be truthful i have just jioned there yesterday to be more clear but i have experience in gen 7 ag format .
i am a good player, i know good players and i think i can rate teams if u wanna see my replays then pls tell me and also i am very active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)