The Sand Rush

So, hello agains smogon members. It's me, pokelegend, again with a sand team. In some days me and my team will do a team war, and i am trying a new team, an HO sand. so let's see the building phases. The good HO choices for a sand are those (in order of type) :

Mamoswine
Garchomp
Landorus
Salamence
Latios
Alakazam
Celebi
Jirachi
Metagross
Scizor
Heatran
Lucario
Terrakion
Keldeo

i started with Tyranitar and Stoutland, this is why they are not in the list.

so, i needed an Sand Streamer, and while Hippo is the best option for an Stall, Tyranitar is the best option for an HO team.

Tyranitar @ chople berry
Trait : sand stram
EVS : 252 hp / 252 SDeF / 4 Spatk
Nature : Sassy
Moveset :
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

He is usually my lead, with those evs and moves he can kill much stuffs, like switching Scizor, Skarmory with Fblast, Hippo with Ice beam and other dragons, Stone edge for Ninetales and for hit with good damage Poli and pursuit is obvius move. Chople Berry help him survive some fighting moves, but i am thinking to switch it for lefties....

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Evs : 252 atk / 252 speed / 4 hp
Nature : timid (for max speed) / adamant (more damage)
trait : sand rush
Moveset :
- Frustation
- Wild Charge
- Crunch
- Superpower

ok he is my main sweeper and revenge killer. Frustation is my main move for sweeping, and with STAB and good atk with band it can kill much stuffs, Wild Charge is mainly for Skarmory, Politoed and Jellicend that otherwise give troubles to me. Crunch for some Gengar and Lawins and Superpower for coverage. He is a beast, able to outspeed timid scarf rakion if i am timid make me so happy. otherwise, Adamnt ftw.

OK they were the 2 obvius choices for my team. Looking it i have biiig troubles with fighting moves and poks, so my next pok is one of those :

Celebi
Latios
Salamence
Landorus
Alakazam

the most notable fighing type that is on rampage in ou is Terrakion, followed by Lucario and Keldeo. while Celebi can counter the last 2 with not much problems, Terrakion can give me issues if he has X-Scissors. is not much common, but sometimes, i see that being used, so i chosed, for now, to add him, because i feel good with his bulkiness.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Evs : 252 Spatk / 188 hp / 70 SpD
Trait : Natural Cure
Moveset
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power (fire)
- Baton Pass / Recover

Celebi works really well. The speed Evs help him to outspeed base 70 positive like SD Scizor and Breloom before they can SD in the first case, or Spore me in the second one, allowing me to hit respectively with HP fire or Psychic. Giga Drain is the main move and recovering move, Psychic hit hard pok like Dragons and Thundurus, HP fire mainly for Scizor that hardly survive, just in the 1% of the cases if i am not wrong, and with a little of priority damage can easily kill ferrothorn. Baton Pass is good for escape trapping, or i can use Recover for recover Hp back. Nothing else to say. Good pok.

Now i am covered well, exept i need a steel, cause i cannot rexist dspammers that in BW2 are in rampage... my possible choioces were :

Landorus (intimidate)
Metagross
Scizor
Jirachi
Heatran
Mamoswine (ice shard)

and i chose Landorus, that with intimidate can survive an Outrage of banded Dragonite and ko it.

Landorus-T @ leftovers
Trait : intimidate
Evs : 192 hp / 252 speed / 64 atk
Nature : naive
Moveset :
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- HP (ice)

Stealth Rock is an obvious, and important, move to have in a sand team, EQ good move STABbed that with just 64 evs in atk can still hit really hard, uturn for escape from some celebies or trouble situations dealing damage and HP ice for dragons mainly. No other things to say. I am still seeing if i can change him. He is a check to the fighting type that are a trouble for me... not Keldeo.

Now i need another sweeper, and between...

Mamoswine
Garchomp
Salamence
Latios
Alakazam
Jirachi
Metagross
Scizor
Heatran
Lucario
Terrakion
Keldeo

i pick Keldeo. His typing is perfect in compination with Tyranitar and he can sweep without any problems some troubles, like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Blisseys etc

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Evs : 4 Hp / 252 spatk / 252 speed
Nature : timid
Trait : Justfield
Moveset :
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- HP (electric)
- Icy Wind

Secret Sword and HPump obvius stab moves, hp electric help me aginst Politoed and Gyarados as well doing some damage to Jellicent, i picked it over HP ghost because i am not scared much from them, not ghost rexist water moves, exept jellicent. EDITED : he is my scarfer and another revenge killer.

Up to now i am very weak to dspammers. So i must add a steel that is not scared from Jellicent, because the SDeF ones can wall me all day, between

Jirachi
Metagross
Scizor

i think the best one is Metagross.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait : clear body
Evs : 252 hp / 252 atk / 4 speed
Nature : adamant
Moveset :
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Metagross isnt seen very often, but he do his dirty job. Even is Jellicent is Max HP and MAX def, he will still 2HKO it, and if it has an +1 thanks to meteor mash, and with some damage (SR) it will OHKO it. If Jelli is a SDeF one, it will be OHKO'd with no problems, and he is faster thank him. He can tank Outrages with not much troubles so i am not scared of them. (Still Testing him)

Ok this is the team. I am still testing to see if i can do something better than this. Sorry if i did not put images, but idk why, i have some troubles with that. Sorry bad english, i am italian. Hope you guys can help me. I still have a lot to learn, even if i am "good" at battling. TY and bye :)

I'm a noob at this forum, but it gets a bit hard to follow when you put the whole "making the team" stuff in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)