The Role of the NU Council

Status
Not open for further replies.
With ryan stepping down, and no Co-Leader being immediately appointed, I've made the decision to change how the NU Council will be acting until a new leader is appointed.

Essentially, the NU Council, as a whole, will be filling the role of a Co-Leader. Both myself and the council must be in agreement before taking serious courses of actions, such as suspect tests. Before this, the Council acted as a group of advisers, and while their opinions were greatly respected, the decision and power ultimately did not lie with them. At this point in time, the council is not receiving all of the power over these decisions, but council members can issue a vote on certain topics, such as a Wormadam-T suspect, in which case they will all privately send in their thoughts on the suspect to me, and a decision will be reached.

However, I also retain the right to veto any suspect, this kind of power is reserved for things such as if the council decides to suspect something unreasonable, such as Wormadam-T, or attempt to push through any idea that goes against reason or Smogon's tiering philosophy.

I also have the power to bring up any ideas or suspects that I wish, and the Council has the power to either accept or refute the idea. This is a balance to stop me from being able to make decisions that do not have a positive effect for NU. No major idea can be pushed through without their approval.

This kind of system has always been unofficially in place, but it was never written down that this is exactly how it will work in NU, and since I am running things solo for the time being, this needs to be written down somewhere as a balance to prevent me from being a cute little tyrunt :3

tl;dr The Council is collectively acting as the 2nd tier leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)