Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab [rozes'd]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to have a stall team around the giant green dino himself, I know it might be a little bit of a stretch but i think it will be possible!

Derp (Meganium) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Change stats and or moves to liking

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I would like to have an offensive made around my man Vivillon. Vivillon has been on my eye to build around for a while, as Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance+ Destruction in Hurricane is such a nice combo, but I haven't really had the feeling to build in NU lately, so I want YOU guys to do it! Yay.... Thanks!

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
all the pinsir teams should be removed, or put something like (RIP) beside them
Well, Pinsir has a good chance to come back in the mega separation thing, so I think we should wait until putting those Pinsir teams to rest.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hey I'd like to request an offense team with Jynx & Hitmonchan.
Jynx is honestly such a good mon, but i have the biggest trouble building with it. Hitmonchan is a good partner as it gets rid of bulky steels like Klinklang and Ferro. Jynx kills shit like Gourgeist, Weezing and Garbodor, all checks to hitmonchan.

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

btw the Hitmonchan set is kinda interchangable, do with it what you like :]

Are we allowed to request mons that dropped in the most recent tier shift like altaria, lix, etc, or do we have to wait until they're ranked?

Hello,
I would like a bulky offense team based on the MaMa Core:

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Substitute

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Hi I would like, if possible, to have a balance team around sub cm ninetales

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ground
- Substitute

Would like a Sceptile Balenced team with Havard removal please :)

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

or

Sceptile @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]/[ice]/[psychic]

Rapture

I got so much time today
Team Name: Jynx + Hitmonchan
Requested by: shadestep
Built by: Rapture

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Hi shadestep here is a pretty offensive team with Jynx and Hitmonchan that aims to wear down the checks to Scyther or Sceptile so that either of them can clean late game. Sp def Altaria is a pretty nice pivot that can check things like Magmortar and opposing Sceptile. Next we have standard Nasty Plot Jynx which is such a good way to punish stall and bulkier balance teams in general. It also does well vs offense due to sash + sleeping move. Assault Vest Hitmonchan is probably my favorite set since it can opportunities to spin and heal itself with drain punch a bit easier. The EV's on it give you a good amount of bulk while still outpacing base 55's and packing quite a punch. Steelix was my next mon as I needed a rocker that did well vs psychic types while still being a solid check to normal types. The spread on Steelix iirc means that Tauros can't 2hko you with any of its moves which is important to keep in mind. Mixed Sceptile is next as it is such a threat atm and its coverage is amazing as not much appreciates switching in. HP ice nails things like Scyther and Vivillion while EQ deals with Magmortar. Bulky Scyther is our last because we needed a solid Fighting-Type switch in while having another psychic check in case Steelix gets weakened. It also serves as a nice win con when LO Sceptile and NP Jynx fail to do the job, which isn't too often. Hope you enjoy! n_n

also fyi to the new requests, your teams might take a bit longer to get finished as this new meta will take some getting used to. I just happened to have a pretty decent team that matched a request.

Edit: Gorechomp this is technically a team with Sceptile plus hazard removal, so let me know if this satisfies your request as well.

Last edited:
Team Name: Jynx + Hitmonchan
Requested by: shadestep

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Hi shadestep here is a pretty offensive team with Jynx and Hitmonchan that aims to wear down the checks to Scyther or Sceptile so that either of them can clean late game. Sp def Altaria is a pretty nice pivot that can check things like Magmortar and opposing Sceptile. Next we have standard Nasty Plot Jynx which is such a good way to punish stall and bulkier balance teams in general. It also does well vs offense due to sash + sleeping move. Assault Vest Hitmonchan is probably my favorite set since it can opportunities to spin and heal itself with drain punch a bit easier. The EV's on it give you a good amount of bulk while still outpacing base 55's and packing quite a punch. Steelix was my next mon as I needed a rocker that did well vs psychic types while still being a solid check to normal types. The spread on Steelix iirc means that Tauros can't 2hko you with any of its moves which is important to keep in mind. Mixed Sceptile is next as it is such a threat atm and its coverage is amazing as not much appreciates switching in. HP ice nails things like Scyther and Vivillion while EQ deals with Magmortar. Bulky Scyther is our last because we needed a solid Fighting-Type switch in while having another psychic check in case Steelix gets weakened. It also serves as a nice win con when LO Sceptile and NP Jynx fail to do the job, which isn't too often. Hope you enjoy! n_n

also fyi to the new requests, your teams might take a bit longer to get finished as this new meta will take some getting used to. I just happened to have a pretty decent team that matched a request.

Edit: Gorechomp this is technically a team with Sceptile plus hazard removal, so let me know if this satisfies your request as well.
It does! Great team :)

So I used the above team quite a bit (15~ games) and I really enjoy it . It does a great job at getting and slowing down enemy momentum. Offensively speaking you cover a lot of bases and can apply tons of pressure right off from the beginning of the match. Steelix, Scyther and Jynx can all easily be the first mon you send in and you can set the tone for the next few turns with rocks, lovely kiss or u-turn. From there you have a very strong and synergistic defensive core in Steelix+Altaria. IMO Altaria and Jynx work really well in conjunction with Scyther. Being able to U-turn out of a predicted Scald is very very useful and throws off the enemy. Sceptile makes for an amazing cleaner after you've spent some time man handling the enemy team with either Jynx or Scyther. With strong offensive stats you'd usually think Sceptile would wallbreak but in this team I usually delegated to revenge killing or end game cleaning. Once you set up with Jynx or Scyther it's very difficult for the enemy to stop you without saccing something, but if they're at the point where they have to do that its okay because you have another set up sweeper to throw at them then you have an excellent cleaner. Hitmonchan is hitmonchan. Spins rocks, breaks shit that the two sweepers can't. It's job is simple and it does it well. Having a secondary mon to take some hits instead of relying solely on Altaria to sponge special stuff is really beneficial too.

This team is very solid AND easy to use IMO. I think it's deserves to be in the OP because it really sets the tone for the new shifts in the tier that are shaking things up.

Idk if this is considered a bad mon yet since it's not ranked but it seems fun and I'd like something built around it. Gunk shot lets it "check megadino" and is also stronger than stab shadow claw. Taunt because stall is getting more common .-. Insomnia to catch lilligant and jynx. Feel free to change the sets, etc, etc. If it's way too matchup reliant/useless most of the times/deadweight and you can't make it work no matter what I can suggest other mon :]

Banette @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch/Shadow sneak
- Shadow Claw/Knock Off
- Taunt

I would like Steelix Offensive team with the next possible Sets:

RP Steelix

Steelix @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang / Crunch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish

Or

Offensive Sheer Force

Steelix @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Crunch / Fire Fang

Rapture

I got so much time today
Team Name: Offensive Steelix
Requested by: TheMasterOP

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Steelix @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Crunch

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Skuntank @ Expert Belt
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Yo TheMasterOP, here is a team I made with the second Steelix set that you posted. To be honest, I didn't think offensive sets were that good at first, but after testing with this team, I don't think it's horrible at all. To start things off, I added e-belt Rotom Fan since it got a lot better with Lanturn usage decreasing and it had decent synergy with Steelix. Next I wanted another fighting resist alongside Rotom so I opted to go with Stallbreaker Mismagius since it gives the team a bunch of utility and can be really annoying to switch into once itself and Rotom spread some burns. Standard AV Hariyama is our main fire check and is also something I hated before drops happened, but in this meta it's certainly a lot more effective since it's niche of taking special attacks and hitting back pretty hard is more valuable. Swellow is nice because it gives the team a decent check to Sceptile and a good way to play around offense, and finally, Skuntank is last because the team needed a defogger and a decent check to psychics. Overall, the reason I found Offensive Steelix pretty nice on this team was because of how makes Steelix a lot less passive, and because of that, it's able to catch a lot of mons off guard and do a decent amount of damage, which is nice for Swellow + Rotom to finish them off late game.

Here's a decent replay of Offensive Steelix putting in work: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-302939443
Hope you enjoy the team!

Team Name: Offensive Steelix
Requested by: TheMasterOP

Rotom-Fan @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Steelix @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Crunch

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Skuntank @ Expert Belt
Ability: Aftermath
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Yo TheMasterOP, here is a team I made with the second Steelix set that you posted. To be honest, I didn't think offensive sets were that good at first, but after testing with this team, I don't think it's horrible at all. To start things off, I added e-belt Rotom Fan since it got a lot better with Lanturn usage decreasing and it had decent synergy with Steelix. Next I wanted another fighting resist alongside Rotom so I opted to go with Stallbreaker Mismagius since it gives the team a bunch of utility and can be really annoying to switch into once itself and Rotom spread some burns. Standard AV Hariyama is our main fire check and is also something I hated before drops happened, but in this meta it's certainly a lot more effective since it's niche of taking special attacks and hitting back pretty hard is more valuable. Swellow is nice because it gives the team a decent check to Sceptile and a good way to play around offense, and finally, Skuntank is last because the team needed a defogger and a decent check to psychics. Overall, the reason I found Offensive Steelix pretty nice on this team was because of how makes Steelix a lot less passive, and because of that, it's able to catch a lot of mons off guard and do a decent amount of damage, which is nice for Swellow + Rotom to finish them off late game.

Here's a decent replay of Offensive Steelix putting in work: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-302939443
Hope you enjoy the team!
Amazing team Rapture. Good Work.

Alright Let's try this out, I'd like to see a team using Specs Sceptile, Sceptile is my 2nd favorite mon (Besides Gangsta Krow) and now that he has dropped to NU, A place where he can shine, I'd like to see a specs set, Leaf Storm is the best sweep 2015.

Thanks in advance

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I would like to have an offensive made around my man Vivillon. Vivillon has been on my eye to build around for a while, as Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance+ Destruction in Hurricane is such a nice combo, but I haven't really had the feeling to build in NU lately, so I want YOU guys to do it! Yay.... Thanks!

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball
Bumping my team request.

I would like to request a team built around scarf Sawk, I have seen teams with it banded but i prefer scarf
Here is a rough idea of what I thought

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Thanks in advance

yo! could I get a team w/ Sawk + hazard stack with the incorporation of a sceptile?

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

edit: just realised i already had a request going through, gonna withdraw that one

Last edited:
I know it sounds weird, but can I get a good team that ONLY uses mons that are currently in PU? I want to try something a bit unusual. (They have to be considered viable on the viability rankings tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)