ORAS NU The OP Squad Reaching 1500+

Hello, I am Renokiru and this is my first thread. I having been watching smogon and reading different posts and liked a lot of them. I have also played showdown for about 4 years and would like to post my first NU team. This is by far one of my favorites and would like any feedback given. Enjoy!

Mega Camerupt:

This is my mega, mega camerupt. Let me say this is the best mega in my opinion in nu. With a spectacular maxed out 427 special attack without the sheer force boost and a move set to work with it, it is amazing mega. You really need to watch out for ground attacks but you can live one earthquake which is great. Alongside the attacking benefits this mega can also set up rocks which is great.
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock
This is the move set i run with for mega camerupt. I have the basic three attacks, fire blast will do a ton of damage, earth power for a ground STAB, and ancient power for a special rock type move to hit the birdes. Nice try archeops! Anyway the last move is stealth rock which works great with the rest of the team.

Electrivire:

Electivire. Do i need to say more? He is a beast with a killer speed and attack stat and i think he is the only electric type with earthquake and that blows my mind. With a bunch of moves to complement his stats he is definitely on my team.
Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
I use wild charge for stab and with the life orb and STAB boost it does a ton of damage. Cross chop and ice punch are there for coverage and still does a lot. Earthquake is a great move in general and hits those fire types hard when they lest expect it. But be careful because of life orb and not the best defenses he will probably die within 5-6 turns.

Gurdurr:

Gurdurr is an excellent edition to the tea to get rid of those pesky Liepards and is an excellent physical sweeper. Whats not there to love?
Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
Eviolite is a necessary and helps survive against psychic types like mesprit and keep up his defenses while bulking up. Drain Punch is used for recovery and a great STAB, while mach punch is sued for a priority, and knock off is again for those pesky mesprits!

Exeggutor:

This guy has two sets that i know of, specs sweeper and Trevenant Jr. I picked for a NU trevenant.
Exeggutor @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Sleep Powder
Sleep powder is a free switch or a free chance to subseed. With harvest and a sitrus berry and leech seed you will wear down the opposition and keep attacking with a STAB Psychic.

Gorbyss:

Gorbyss is an amazing shell smasher and with a maxed out special attack and speed you can reach about 400 speed and about 600 special attack. Though you will be attacked you can always help the teammates and baton pass to camerupt for an insane 900 special attack or any other team member.
Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Baton Pass
White herb is to get rid of the unnecessary defense drop and hydro pump for an excellent stab, ice beam for grass types and baton pass to hep the other team mates.

Khangeskhan:

Khangesskhan the master of the assault vest in nu. With a maxed out attack stat she gets to a great 317 attack stats with priority to get free damage and sweep.
Kangaskhan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Scrappy is there to hit those measly ghost types and return for an excellent STAB, drain Punch for recovery, fake out for free damage, and sucker punch for priority.

This is the team and it has done great in the metagame, please tell me if you have any comments and dont hate for the spelling!

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mega Camerupt / Electivire / Gurdurr / Exeggutor / Gorebyss / Kangaskhan

Hi Renokiru, congrats on your success with this team. It looks like an interesting offensive team, but I question some of your choices, namely Exeggutor. It sounds like you just kind of randomly slapped it on there, and it doesn't really help with the overall goal of the team, which is to overwhelm the opponent and then clean with a Smash-boosted teammate. However, it does fill an important role of checking Virizion, which your team is otherwise relatively weak to. I'd recommend trying Specs Exeggutor over the current set, as it can break down walls to help Electivire and Kangaskhan get the kills they need. Especially because Electivire's coverage is fairly weak, breaking down and weakening walls is really important for your team, and you don't really have much of a way to do that right now outside of boosting against some of them with Gurdurr.

You also lack a solid Normal resist, which leaves your team very susceptible to opposing Kangaskhan, as it can come in and revenge kill your boosted cleaners as well as pretty much everything else as it is. In order to help out with this, you can try max HP Gurdurr over max SpDef, as even though it isn't a Normal resist, it has the bulk it needs to switch into Kangaskhan and most other Normal-types and recover its health with Drain Punch.

In terms of optimizing the rest of your team, you should run 216 Speed EVs on Kangaskhan in order to allow it to outrun Adamant Sawk, which can currently tear through your team every time it gets a free switch. For a similar reason, try out Timid on Gorebyss in order to allow it to outrun Scarf Sawk at +2. Gorebyss is a fairly inconsistent cleaner on its own, so the extra Speed is usually more valuable than some added power in order to allow you to Baton Pass against more Pokemon.

Otherwise, the team looks pretty cool. I'm not a huge fan of Electivire in NU, but I think the structure of your team supports it pretty well. Congrats again on the success, and hopefully these changes will allow you to climb even higher. You should also probably add some more descriptions to each Pokemon. Each Pokemon should have at least three lines of description according to the RMT rules.

Suggested changes:
@ Choice Specs | Chlorophyll
116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe | Modest
Leaf Storm / Psyshock / Giga Drain / Sleep Powder

Gurdurr: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Gorebyss: Modest -> Timid
Kangaskhan: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

Hmm i checked again and 3 lines dont corralate to 3 sentences, i chekc that and for the normal resis, it is easy enough to get that after one bulk up, trust me i think i know almost every team has one and the excuttor set has worked quite weel for me and i ll keep that and for the grobyss sugestion i will take that up as well.

also as you get higher in the teir you have a lot of feraligaters which is really annoying so the subseed exucuttor is pretty good to me

also as you get higher in the teir you have a lot of feraligaters which is really annoying so the subseed exucuttor is pretty good to me
If you are so worried about gatr, use heliolisk over electivire. It has dry skin which means it can check gatr easier, allows you to run the better specs eggy Hollywood suggested as well as being an overall better maintained of momentum for your team. Not to mention it can softcheck fires with surf which your team also struggles with.

fire types huh.. actualy i have reliable checks with electivire eq and mega camerupts earth power and also i am not afraid of feraligater just annyoed how often and how good it is.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo Renokiru interesting team, smash pass is certainly a very good way to win games. I definitely agree with the change of Max HP Gurdurr proposed above as that would help alleviate the stress of Normal-type spam, which while not exactly common in NU due to mega lix its still something to keep an eye on.

The one thing that I notice from looking at your team is that it lacks momentum and you really have to rely upon double switches and predicting your opponent to a tee. I think that is part of the reason why you have eggy on your team as it provides a defensive backbone on a HO team which I think you've been relying on to switch into many top tier threats; however, subseed Exeggutor is very out of place on this team. Putting in a volt-turn core would help you pivot around into more ideal positions and would also help you get chip damage to open up opportunities to sweep earlier on in the match with smash pass. To start off the core putting Volt Switch > Cross Chop would help Electivire gain momentum against things that it can not straight up OHKO, which happens to be a lot of the tier. Evire is pretty decent, the biggest issue it has is that it struggles to get OHKOs on many Pokemon, taking out Cross Chop is the ideal move as Cross Chops targets tend not to take to much damage from it anyways and it is inaccurate and is a non-STAB move. The second part of the core would be to have Choice Scarf Mesprit > Exeggutor as this still gives you the most of the relevant resistances that eggy had, but it also gives you a way to gain momentum and some speed on a team that is otherwise rather slow. Healing Wish support is also nice as it allows you to try to sweep twice with a main sweeper. Lastly is trying out Power-Up Punch > Fake Out, I've always found Fake Out to be rather weak without a Silk Scarf boost and this would give you a second way to win without having to rely on Gurdurr or Gorebyss to sweep. With PuP you are actually able to recover decent amounts of HP with Drain Punch and Sucker Punch starts to do a fair amount after the boost.

@ Choice Scarf | Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Modest Nature
Psychic | Thunderbolt / Energy Ball | U-turn | Healing Wish

Hope these changes helped ^.^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)