Announcement The Official Generation 8 Pet Mods Awards [COMPLETE - RESULTS ON POST #6]

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
(banner pending)​

Hello everyone, and welcome to the official Gen 8 Pet Mods awards! I've been closely watching over this community throughout all of Gen 8, and I've gotta say, you all have come a long way since the generation's started. There's a lot more new faces around than old ones leaving, a lot more polish around every submission, and a lot more playable metas to result from all of this. A huge portion of you have greatly improved as Pokemon players and theorycrafters. To mark the end of Generation 8, let's do a little something to celebrate! For each of the next two weeks, I'll be posting a new survey in hopes of giving some members of this community "awards" to mark their achievements here.
  • Before anything, I've spoken with the other staff members on what awards we should give out. These are already decided.
  • From October 16th - 21st, I'll be opening the survey for nominations. Here, you can nominate as many entries as you'd like to win any given award. This round is just to pool in many options that people would be happy with.
  • From October 23rd - 28th, I'll be opening the survey for the final round of votes. Here, I'll take a few of the most popular choices from the past round and allow each user to vote for ONE of those per award. Make your vote count!
  • On October 29th, I'll post the final results. Like how it's been when I've run my Pet Mods, I'll be holding back my vote so I can tiebreak if needed, and I will never tiebreak in my favor under any circumstance.
That's all I really need to say for this post. The nominations survey will be up shortly!

DuoM2

whao
Alright guys, it's time! Today I'll be posting all of the results. First I'd like to mention that there were some ties that needed broken, and I have a little explanation for how I broke those below if you'd like to read.
- First of all, I NEVER vote on anything except for tiebreakers just in case I'm needed for this.
- If anyone's voted for themselves or their own creations, I'll vote in favor of the people that did not vote for themselves.
- If it's myself specifically versus anyone else who has not voted for themselves, I'll immediately push it in favor of the other people.
- If anyone remaining has less awards they've won than other people, I'll vote in favor of them.
- After all of this, if there's no clear winner, THEN I'll break it based on my own personal preference. This is the sole reason I didn't vote.
If you don't want to read about or already understand this explanation, then we'll get onto the results! I'll list every finalist and the number of votes they got in a given category, but please note that not everyone chose to vote for every category, so not every question will add up to the same number of respondents.
Best Pet Mods Submitter
earl - 9 (Winner by tiebreak!)

AquaticPanic - 9
anaconja - 8
G-Luke - 8

holy crap lmao this is why every vote counts

Best Artist
Albatross - 18 (Winner!)
inkbug - 9
AquaticPanic - 5

Best Battler
earl - 14 (Winner!)
Paulluxx - 10
anaconja - 6
G-Luke - 4

Best Fusion or Fakemon Design
Hoopagigas-Unbound - 15 (Winner!)
Dragonite-Mega - 14
Pelilicky - 4
Fluxtape-Stereo - 1

Best Pet Mod Host
Hematite - 12 (Winner!)
DuoM2 - 10
Yoshiblaze - 6
AquaticPanic - 5

Best Solomod
Duomod - 22 (Winner!)
Kanto Expansion Pak - 8
Dex Reversal - 2

Best Message in #quotes
Starlight Crash - 15 (Winner!)
Comedy Game - 12
Universalmoves -7

Best Recurring Joke
ONE GOURGILLION WINS - 21 (Winner!)
Parasex - 7
Arthero - 4

Best Submission Overall
Aquatic's Evolutions (A New Legend) - 16 (Winner!)
Hatterune (FERU) - 7
Mesflame (FEUU) - 7
Wishiwashi-School (Joltemons: First Post, Second Post) - 2

Best Banner
Megas For All (by inkbug) - 19 (Winner!)
PMPL (by Albatross) - 11
Alternatium (by Albatross) - 2
OU Theorymon (by lavarina) - 2

Best Pet Mod During Gen 8
Fusion Evolution UU - 15 (Winner!)
Joltemons - 12
Hoenn Gaiden - 5

Best Overall Pet Mods User
AquaticPanic - 9 (Winner by tiebreak!)
DuoM2 - 9
earl - 6
Paulluxx - 6
G-Luke - 2

Congratulations to all of the winners! Now that the process is over, I'll be unlocking this thread. You all are free to discuss the winners, entries that you feel got snubbed, or anything else with the awards you feel deserves talking about. I'll mention in particular that this is the first time we've done this and criticism is VERY MUCH appreciated for how we could approach this at the end of Gen 9. Whether it's ideas for questions, ways to improve the process, or anything else, I would appreciate all of it. Especially if you add that DuoM2 was robbed of every single category here we've gotta fix this voting system dude what the heck is this

i love it when i submit a vote, accidentally hit the back button, and get confused as shit whether I even subbed a vote

anyways, congrats to the winners! Not much to say here, it's that simple.

DuoM2

whao
grats frens and especially to the earl of pet mods (formerly from big bang theory)

would be cool for next awards if people could submit award categories too
i mean you people are free to suggest stuff for categories, you may have missed but i mentioned it in my closing post. especially the more stupid and meaningless ones that are there for fun, we do want some of those

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Alright guys, it's time! Today I'll be posting all of the results. First I'd like to mention that there were some ties that needed broken, and I have a little explanation for how I broke those below if you'd like to read.
- First of all, I NEVER vote on anything except for tiebreakers just in case I'm needed for this.
- If anyone's voted for themselves or their own creations, I'll vote in favor of the people that did not vote for themselves.
- If it's myself specifically versus anyone else who has not voted for themselves, I'll immediately push it in favor of the other people.
- If anyone remaining has less awards they've won than other people, I'll vote in favor of them.
- After all of this, if there's no clear winner, THEN I'll break it based on my own personal preference. This is the sole reason I didn't vote.
If you don't want to read about or already understand this explanation, then we'll get onto the results! I'll list every finalist and the number of votes they got in a given category, but please note that not everyone chose to vote for every category, so not every question will add up to the same number of respondents.
Best Pet Mods Submitter
earl - 9 (Winner by tiebreak!)

AquaticPanic - 9
anaconja - 8
G-Luke - 8

holy crap lmao this is why every vote counts

Best Artist
Albatross - 18 (Winner!)
inkbug - 9
AquaticPanic - 5

Best Battler
earl - 14 (Winner!)
Paulluxx - 10
anaconja - 6
G-Luke - 4

Best Fusion or Fakemon Design
Hoopagigas-Unbound - 15 (Winner!)
Dragonite-Mega - 14
Pelilicky - 4
Fluxtape-Stereo - 1

Best Pet Mod Host
Hematite - 12 (Winner!)
DuoM2 - 10
Yoshiblaze - 6
AquaticPanic - 5

Best Solomod
Duomod - 22 (Winner!)
Kanto Expansion Pak - 8
Dex Reversal - 2

Best Message in #quotes
Starlight Crash - 15 (Winner!)
Comedy Game - 12
Universalmoves -7

Best Recurring Joke
ONE GOURGILLION WINS - 21 (Winner!)
Parasex - 7
Arthero - 4

Best Submission Overall
Aquatic's Evolutions (A New Legend) - 16 (Winner!)
Hatterune (FERU) - 7
Mesflame (FEUU) - 7
Wishiwashi-School (Joltemons: First Post, Second Post) - 2

Best Banner
Megas For All (by inkbug) - 19 (Winner!)
PMPL (by Albatross) - 11
Alternatium (by Albatross) - 2
OU Theorymon (by lavarina) - 2

Best Pet Mod During Gen 8
Fusion Evolution UU - 15 (Winner!)
Joltemons - 12
Hoenn Gaiden - 5

Best Overall Pet Mods User
AquaticPanic - 9 (Winner by tiebreak!)
DuoM2 - 9
earl - 6
Paulluxx - 6
G-Luke - 2

Congratulations to all of the winners! Now that the process is over, I'll be unlocking this thread. You all are free to discuss the winners, entries that you feel got snubbed, or anything else with the awards you feel deserves talking about. I'll mention in particular that this is the first time we've done this and criticism is VERY MUCH appreciated for how we could approach this at the end of Gen 9. Whether it's ideas for questions, ways to improve the process, or anything else, I would appreciate all of it. Especially if you add that DuoM2 was robbed of every single category here we've gotta fix this voting system dude what the heck is this
Should’ve campaigned for myself…

thanks to everybody that voted for me, love y’all. Biggest congrats to the homie Hematite for winning best mod host. It’s true

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
congrats to earl, iforgorou got robbed, "we need sex in here NOW" got robbed, mesflame/hatterune got robbed, pmpl banner got robbed, and gourgillion is the unfunniest recurring joke it is criminal that it got that many votes

criticism is VERY MUCH appreciated for how we could approach this at the end of Gen 9. Whether it's ideas for questions, ways to improve the process, or anything else, I would appreciate all of it.
shouldve added more awards from smog awards such as "gimmicky player," "luckiest player," "best avatar," "worst avatar," "best post," and this but more related to pet mods:
1667105580797.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)