is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Guistizia: 0
Kingler12345: 1
The Quasar: 0
Mylo Xyloto: 1
Laurel: 2
Magcargo 2: 9
Dcae: 4

So, our winner for this round is Magcargo 2's Rain Dance Moltres!
Now for the Pokemon you've all been waiting for...

Smeargle
Smeargle is quite the contrary Pokemon; while boasting the largest movepool in the game with nearly every move at its disposal, it is also seen as a Pokemon with very limited options. Is there any alternative to Smeargle's current sets? How can Smeargle get around its usual counters? More importantly: Why would these sets be used over the current sets?

Remember: you are discouraged from reserving Pokemon, and any reservation made for whatever reason will only last for 1 hour!

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Protect
- Spikes
- Magic Coat

Standard Spike support Smeargle with a twist. Protect allows you to scout the foes mon and see if they have sleep talk or taunt or w/e allowing you to act accordingly. Magic Coat over SR, as the purpose of this set is to react to the opponents next move (and like 8 billion things have SR access, so it is a waste on Smeargle), plus seeing protect they will assume Smeargle doesn't have magic coat. So many options, so many shitty options.

Smeargle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Originality at it's finest. Dual Status Sub Seed Smeargle. I originally had some stupid baton pass set, but this thing is amazing. Spore something you're faster than. Substitute, than leech seed or toxic the switch in. With hazards down this Smeargle usually succeeds to kill a pokemon and a half on an unprepared enemy team... lol

Last edited:

Smearlge @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Trick
- U-turn
- Destiny Bond

This lead Smearlge can be used very well, assuming it can cause serious damage to at least two pokemons: one is asleep from Spore, one, possibly a defensive pivot, severely restricted by Trick. U-turn and Destiny Bond are also a great combo; Destiny Bond is usually a move that isn't on standard set, but it is very annoying IMHO.

Evs are set to overspeed even +Spe Scopelide.

Last edited:

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Smeargle @ Muscle Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Spore
- Bonemerang
- Quick Attack

Based

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Metal Burst

Standard spikes support but takes an extra mon out. With this set you can take out 2 of your opponent's pokes with minimal effort as well as getting at least one layer of spikes/ rocks up. Kinda operates similarly to how Froslass worked in UU.

Last edited:

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Smeargle @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Belly Drum
- Mach Punch
- Flame Wheel

MAXIMUM creativity because smeargle is bad outside of the lead slot or baton passing shit like Quiver Dance. Stole the set from Dcae because i can.
memento, explosion or magic coat are the only fillers worth using on lead smeargle anyway

Last edited:

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass

SubSalac Belly Drum Baton Pass Smeargle, wrecks slower teams and teams which lacks to priority moves or moves to phazer like Roar, Whirlwind or Haze. Almost every physical mon faster, with a decent bulk and decent sinergy with Smeargle is a good temmate. Spore is for faster things on the opponent team, after of this you can use Substitute and then Belly Drum.

Smeargle @ Salac Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass

SubSalac Belly Drum Baton Pass Smeargle, wrecks slower teams and teams which lacks to priority moves or moves to phazer like Roar, Whirlwind or Haze. Almost every physical mon faster, with a decent bulk and decent sinergy with Smeargle is a good temmate. Spore is for faster things on the opponent team, after of this you can use Substitute and then Belly Drum.
I like the idea, but even with the following investments Smeargle really can't take hits. Almost every team in any tier has something that can out speed even with the Salac boost (there's no speed investments) instead I'd recommend. 252 HP, 252 Speed. Good idea though, I quite like it!

Thanks you; Nathaniel Br.

The idea of Smeargle is use Spore against something faster then sub + belly drum against some anothers mons slower than him, bulky really isnt a deal because anyways cant tank anything from a decent offensive mon, so just maximize hp and speed. The 244 evs on HP is for Substitute number so you can make the right substitutes and Salac Berry at 1%.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, it's time to start voting
you may vote for one of 6 sets

Also, I'd just like to mention that posting a set and saying "I'll describe it ASAP" counts as reserving it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)