Project The Next Best Thing - ORAS RU Edition (Hitmontop Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Foreseight

Hitmontop is a very strange Pokemon to work with since it doesn't have much that isn't directly outclassed by other Pokemon of the same type (CB Sawk and Gurdurr for example.) fran17 has a good concept of using RestTalk but the biggest downside to that is that you might end up getting Close Combat as the move of choice and you'll have to drop defenses. Sucker Punch is a pretty viable option for hitting weakened Psychic-types like Meloetta and Medicham (I know its neutral but it still can revenge.) But the main reason to use Sucker Punch is for Hoopa which is a pretty good Spin blocker on Spikes stack. Sucker Punch can effectively lure it in and remove a threat. Watch out for random Sub sets.

0 Atk Hitmontop Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 336-396 (111.2 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat / High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge / Toxic
- Sucker Punch

Offensive (intimidate) bulky spin. CC + Stone Edge have pretty good neutral coverage together, and Sucker is the best of the available prio options; Mach Punch deserves an honorary mention because it ensures that Top can beat SD Virizion 1 v 1, but it makes you super vulnerable to everything so I don't think it's worth it. High Jump Kick is much more unreliable than CC, but it greatly increases the chance you 2hko Diancie after SR (or lets you try for a 3hko by living Moonblast from full). This spread also guarentees that CC kills DD Scrafty, and also ensures that you KO a -1 Virizion, something regular top fails to do. If you're super real you run an Assualt Vest but that's arguably a different set.

I know this is very similar to Don Honchkrorleone's set but I think that lefties completely changes how it plays/makes it distinct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)