The Next Best Thing - Croagunk

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Porygon, my bitter rival. Walling my precious murk makes me dislike this pokemon immensely when opponents use it. But when I use it, it.....gets toxic stalled to death. (.cry) BUT NO MORE shall precious porygon get set up on, because we often overlook and amazing move in it's arsenal. Without Further Ado, Porygon

PixelPerflect (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
Level: 5
EVs: 236 SpAtk / 156 HP / 116 Def
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Ice Beam/Blizzard
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball/Recover
This set is one of the most surprising things to not have been done yet. This bulky attacker porygon focuses more on attacking without the fear of death than crippling opponents.But it still CAN cripple opponents. Say hello to Natu #2, Magic coat porygon. Toxic is one of the most debilitating statuses to have on porygon, but no more shall the fear plague you. With Magic bounce's +4 priority, you will guaranteedly bounce back pretty much any status move ever period. Prankster Roar riolu givin you problems? Not anymore. Bounce that roar right back at it, or psychic it for massive damage. Psychic is a must on this set, because it hits fighting types p hard bar scraggy. Ice beam hits sand teams hard, while blizzard is for those with snover support, or just those who want to play risque. It also hits murkrow, vullaby, and shroomish hard. This porygon is actually bulky enough to tank hits too, so you won't just be dying in 1 hit to the stronkest attacks. Here are some calcs of attacks you might fear and what you could hit back with
Drilbur
236+ Atk Drilbur Earthquake vs. 156 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Porygon: 9-12 (36 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
236+ SpA Porygon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Drilbur: 18-22 (81.81 - 100%) -- 6.25% chance to OHKO
SD set at +2 with evio will not OHKO porygon unless a crit, or spikes/SR has been laid
Note:Be careful around fighting types with this set. Try to hit them hard on the switch-in, or they'll hit you harder 1-on-1
Lileep

236+ SpA Porygon Ice Beam vs. 228 HP / 60 SpD Eviolite Lileep: 12-16 (46.15 - 61.53%) -- 96.48% chance to 2HKO
Misdreavus
236+ SpA Porygon Shadow Ball vs. 36 HP / 80 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 10-14 (43.47 - 60.86%) -- 88.67% chance to 2HKO
Foongus
236+ SpA Porygon Psychic vs. 124 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Note:Magic coat spore back at foongus for maximum rage, then you can bring in substitute attacker/setup sweeper to do some work
Pokes that are 2HKO/OHKO''ed by porygon: Mienfoo (although it can OHKO with HJK), Shroomish, Croagunk, Dwebble, murkrow's offensive variants are OHKO'ed, natu, hippopotas and more...
Threats: Mienfoo with HJK, scraggy, timburr, defensive chinchou, bronzor (although his rocks/status will get reflected) ferroseed (Same case as bronzor). As usual most steel types hate porygon, these fighting types get hit hard on the switch (bar scraggy), but if brought in as revenge, switch out. Scraggy sets up all over porygon, and it can't do anything back. Not even putting t-wave would help unless it ran moxie. But this porygon trolls most status pokes/entry hazard setting pokes, and it's bulky enough to take a hit, and stronk enough to Score some nice kills. Magic coat 4ever ;~;

Edit:If you use a sharpen set that can beat steel types, you'll prolly get my vote :3

Last edited:
Porygon @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 SDef / 236 HP / 196 Def
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Conversion 2
- Shadow Ball
Nozzle is kinda right, porygon doesn't really have a movepool other than trick room and the normal stuff. Basically this set is for fun, use conversion2 as mienfoo or another fighting type goes for the drain punch to troll it, and the rest is pretty standard.

reserving psychic. now checkign if it's not already taken

edit: k glassglaceon kinda uses it looking for something else

also stop complaining about porygon's movepool it's one of hte biggest in LC lol....

ok here's my set:

Porygon @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack
- SWAGGER
- Recover

everyone hates parafusion krow. the aim of this set is to pwn people using parafusion krow (actually just prankster krow in general) by tracing prankster and then creating your own parafusion mon. gg.

it also hasn't lost it's ability to check common special attackers, it can do that just like usual (except subnp missy, but even normal porygon can have trouble with that)

Last edited:

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Polygon (Porygon) @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 156 SAtk / 116 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spd
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Agility
- Ice Beam
- Return
- Psychic

So this pory can act as a late-game cleaner, you can easily set an agility on anything and then SMASH your way through everything with boosted attacks. Ice Beam OHKOes eviokrow and 2HKOes lileep when boosted, +1 Psychic OHKOes foo 93.75% of the time, and return acts as a filler +attack move that allows you to get 21 attack with a boost and allows you for example to always 2HKO resttalk chou.

If is possible, I change my vote like that:

I like a lot the apt-get's set. But my vote is for GlassGlaceon (Magic Coat).

Last edited:

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
GlassGlaceon wins! Next mon will be up soon.

It is CROAGUNK!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)