The Next Best Thing - Croagunk

I vote for Electro's set mainly because sand force can be so annoying once murkrow is gone and even if murkrow is alive then rock slide finishes it off after taking sucker punch damage. Also the set forces sand teams to actual do some good team building.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Abra @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Level: 5
EVs: 240 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shock Wave / Protect

Simply put, use this as a classic sash abra except that when you switch in something you can RK such as a fighting or something knock off instead of attacking: you cripple the main switch-ins like Porygon/Lileep/Misdreavus/Murkrow, helping you break them down with things like Smash Omanyte/Tirtouga, especially the bulky smash variant that has trouble getting past porygon/lileep.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 200 Spd / 240 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

i good mixed moveset for a late game sweeper, energy ball is a bit different than most abra sets, but it can drop that pesky staryu or chinchou. If you are scared of pokemon with moves like fake out u could take energy ball out for protect. The sash is for its obviously low defenses, magic guard for those annoying hazards. The rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Cool set apt-get although I don't understand Shock Wave. Protect would probably be better so it can avoid fake out from breaking its sash / killing it at 1 HP from pokemon like Croagunk, Mienfoo, Aipom and Meowth. Shockwave doesn't do much tbh as its kinda weak without Stab being 60 bp. It only really gives coverage against Krow and Staryu. Psychic does more damage to Staryu and Krow can beat Abra anyway with sucker punch. Unless maybe its an lo krow that switches into a Shock Wave and Abra still has its Focus Sash.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 240 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt/Encore/Energy Ball

Possible Lead Abra (multiple lead options on a team are always a nice thing to have). Inner Focus to surprise the hell out of Fake outs from Foos/Croagunk/Meowth/Aipom. Taunt or Encore to annoy hazard setters or energy ball if you need something to finish off hippo or bulky water types. Its a High risk High reward kind of Abra since you will take damage from weather and hazards and endanger your Focus Sash. The Item choice is difficult to make, Focus Sash is better to lead with since it could let you live a sucker punch or scarfed u-turn. The other options are choice scarf or life orb, choose what fits more whit your team.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cool set apt-get although I don't understand Shock Wave. Protect would probably be better so it can avoid fake out from breaking its sash / killing it at 1 HP from pokemon like Croagunk, Mienfoo, Aipom and Meowth. Shockwave doesn't do much tbh as its kinda weak without Stab being 60 bp. It only really gives coverage against Krow and Staryu. Psychic does more damage to Staryu and Krow can beat Abra anyway with sucker punch. Unless maybe its an lo krow that switches into a Shock Wave and Abra still has its Focus Sash.
It helps against Murkrow mainly, which can be OHKOed after SR and Knock Off, but I added Tect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)